Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530977 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
Please... I beg you don't quote all the previous messages when replying a post.. it's taking a lot of space.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temmyo: 2:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
finegirlna:

Just because u got ur visa doesn't mean ppl dat get denied aren't truthful.it might not just be their turn.some ppl are worth getting it but Dnt and some are not but do so hang dat ur line and move on.

He also said some are not composed. Not that everybody is a liar. However we all know that people who lie have spoilt the ground for truthful people, and there are some people who lie that still get their visa. But please visa is not a 'turn by turn' something mbok!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
temmyo:

He also said some are not composed. Not that everybody is a liar. However we all know that people who lie have spoilt the ground for truthful people, and there are some people who lie that still get their visa. But please visa is not a 'turn by turn' something mbok!

Ur opinion *move*
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 19, 2017
uncleMO:
hi. you read with a lot of emotions. first i said 'personally' meaning 'my opinion'. i believe im entitled to it just like you are to yours. secondly, i said 'a lot' never all so please calm down.you can be honest but not qualify for a visa. lastly, by 'worth getting it' i dont understand what you mean. if it means 'qualifying' for a visa, a VO is compelled to issue your visa if you qualify for it. they are trained to do so.

mean
U reply with a lot of energy. Thank God u sed I'm entitled to my opinion.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by towontoprecious(f): 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
Good afternoon everyone.
I am one of the silent readers here..I just have to come and appreciate everyone here for sharing their transcripts and experience one way or the other cuz it really open my eyes to a lot of things...God bless you all
My transcript below:

Yesterday was my interview and went with all my documents which were not checked. I arrived at the embassy Lagos office by 6.40am and my appointment was for 7.00am and went through the security checks and after standing for a while, I entered for the interview. I did my finger print and passport photograph scanning and later join the queue for the interview. I was watching all what is happening (praying silently with my heart in my mouth) and how many are been refused by the VOs especially a very friendly lady giving out blue sheet with smile.

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good morning, how are you this morning
VO: Very fine. Thank you (smiles)
Me: (Smiles back)
VO: What are you going to do in the USA?
Me: For my annual vacation, take some days totally off work and sight see places
VO: Where are you going in USA?
Me: Virginia
VO: Virginia? Young people go to Texas, New York, Vegas…So why Virginia?
Me: I watched a documentary when I was in my final year about Luray Cavern formed by gradual sedimentation of stalactites……blah blah blah
VO: What do you do?
Me: I work with XYZ organization and also an MBA student in UNILAG
VO: Any relative in the USA?
Me: No, that was why I booked my hotel accommodation
VO: Have you travelled anywhere before?
Me: Yes, I have been to Togo and Ghana (road trip)
Vo: Are you married?
Me: No, but engaged
VO: When is your wedding?
Me: July 1st
VO: Where does he work?
Me: ***** Bank
VO: Any kid?
Me: Not yet
VO: Okay, Your visa is approved, this paper blah blah blah……………….
Me: Have a great day.

My Case Is Different grin cheesy

22 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:09pm On Jan 19, 2017
Hehehe a lot of folks are taking this US Visa thing personal oh.

May we reach a point in our national life by prayer and hard-work, when it will be Americans, who will open DOLLARLAND and be planning on how to get Nigerian visa, amen.

Congratulations to all successful visa applicants, and to those who failed, it is not the end of the world, give it sometime and reapply, you will surely get it.

Again thanks to those who came to share their transcripts.

I wonder if I can still make it in time, for His Royal Highness Sultan Oba Mazi Etubom Donald J. Trump 's innuagration ceremony... sad sad sad

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by layiwola0001: 4:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
Congrats

towontoprecious:
Good afternoon everyone.
I am one of the silent readers here..I just have to come and appreciate everyone here for sharing their transcripts and experience one way or the other cuz it really open my eyes to a lot of things...God bless you all
My transcript below:

Yesterday was my interview and went with all my documents which were not checked. I arrived at the embassy Lagos office by 6.40am and my appointment was for 7.00am and went through the security checks and after standing for a while, I entered for the interview. I did my finger print and passport photograph scanning and later join the queue for the interview. I was watching all what is happening (praying silently with my heart in my mouth) and how many are been refused by the VOs especially a very friendly lady giving out blue sheet with smile.

Me: For my annual vacation, take some days totally off work and sight see places
Me: I watched a documentary when I was in my final year about Luray Cavern formed by gradual sedimentation of stalactites……blah blah blah

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
towontoprecious:
Good afternoon everyone.
My transcript below:

i love this.... This is cool.. Hope you are not going to leave your husband here in nigeria for a handsome, good looking rich guy in US.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MrChris1(m): 5:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
uncleMO:
hi guys, i just had to give back.

they said that ' if you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book'. we do not read.
i have perused this thread for months reading from start to finish, of course not at a time.
thanks to everyone that contribute to this forum, you are very much appreciated. Lady G and Justwise, someday i'dlike to meet y'all in person

i applied for a B1/B2 and scheduled an interview for november 2016 which i missed due to an official assignment but then i rescheduled for a random day in january and visited. personally, a lot of people who get denied VISA actually are not very composed, dishonest, corny, liars or a combination of any or all. it is just a VISA honestly, if they refuse dont repackage, go somewhere else its a damn big world. i got to the embassy with just 3 docs; appointment letter, ds 160 confirmation page and gtb receipt then my intl passport and a passport photo.fill your ds160 yourself and honestly. it takes less than 20mins. these are all DIY procedures. i apply for all my visas myself and honestly and i have been refused and i dont feel bad really, i just mourn my money and i never go back unless official.

before my transcript, the guy before me when i was called to queue behind him
convo was already on;
VO: so you said you work for a Bank, can you describe what duties you perform for your employer?
the guy:*stuttering* i am an executive (adjusts his suit lapels)... an assistant (adjusts again) ....i am a marketer (at this point both the VO and myself were confused as hell)
VO:*shook his head* im sorry you are not qualified at this time...you cant even explain your duties at work
the guy: ha VO, na me o. wait...i mean i am a banker (adjusts lapels again)
VO: your interview is over sir...blue paper
the guy: guy leaves with absolutely a blank face.

if i were a VO, the guy would get the blue paper too. he was just lying as he was packaged.probably paid some money for his packaging agent.

my turn
VO: Why are you going to the US.
ME: to attend a cisco technical conference on **** holding at las vegas between june 25th to 29th 2017.

VO: where are you going (typing and didnt seem to be listening)
Me: Vegas in june but i have to make a quick trip to Atlanta, Georgia from toronto. i am already scheduled to write a cisco exam in toronto

VO: Are you married
ME: No

VO: Do you have any children
ME: No

VO: What do you do.
ME: Im a network engineer but i service a financial institution's infrastructure. im not a banker per say

VO: Have you travelled before.
Me: Yes i have, I have been to kenya a couple times for work, ghana to visit family, UAE for training and a little vacation, canada ....(he cuts in)

VO: (seems interested in hearing canada) you have been to canada? is the visa in this passport?
Me: Yes (i have a canadian visa thro the validity of my passport. will even out live the US 2yr visa)

VO: flips thro the passport (no canadian visa and stared back at me)
Me: its up front. please check again

VO: (flips gradually, sees it, places it on a slab and examines with a lens for about 5 seconds) how long did you spend in canada?
Me: 10 days

Pick up your visa at ............ *white paper*

Congratulations!

But don't think majority of those that are denied aren't sincere. Anyway, it's your opinion! Congrats once again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
MrChris1:

Congratulations!

But don't think majority of those that are denied aren't sincere. Anyway, it's your opinion! Congrats once again.

Thank uoo,wen ppl get their visas instead of coming to post a simple transcript they go round saying shits about ppl dat Dnt get but wen dey Dnt get they come here asking series of questions.its not a do or die affair yes we knw,I was even denied twice before getting mine but calm down post ur transcript and move on. In front of me one day a vo was asking a guy why did u choose ds sch in all d schls in the us and the guy kept on saying things about the school,and d vo stopped him and said Dnt cram and drop it here or get things from website and give me give me a true reason can u believe after that he asked him Anoda question and d guy said smtn stupid and d vo just waved to stop him and sed pickup ur visa. But Anoda man that knew wat he was saying the vo told him Dnt joke with me and ppl started talking about d vo that he is wicked and havnt issued any visa since they have been dere.just post ur transcript and move on with ur life

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2017
Don't take it personal, no need: just share your transcript to help others, ask your questions, get answers and that's all. We won't be in this situation if our country was in a much better state; even as we hustle for visa, let's do so with some dignity. Let's not descend into trading barbs because of US Visa. Some of them, demean us already, lets not do that to ourselves mbok, let peace reign here.

finegirlna:

Thank uoo,wen ppl get their visas instead of coming to post a simple transcript they go round saying shits about ppl dat Dnt get but wen dey Dnt get they come here asking series of questions.its not a do or die affair yes we knw,I was even denied twice before getting mine but calm down post ur transcript and move on. In front of me one day a vo was asking a guy why did u choose ds sch in all d schls in the us and the guy kept on saying things about the school,and d vo stopped him and said Dnt cram and drop it here or get things from website and give me give me a true reason can u believe after that he asked him Anoda question and d guy said smtn stupid and d vo just waved to stop him and sed pickup ur visa. But Anoda man that knew wat he was saying the vo told him Dnt joke with me and ppl started talking about d vo that he is wicked and havnt issued any visa since they have been dere.just post ur transcript and move on with ur life

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Don't take it personal, no need: just share your transcript to help others, ask your questions, get answers and that's all. We won't be in this situation if our country was in a much better state; even as we hustle for visa, let's do so with some dignity. Let's not descend into trading barbs because of US Visa. Some of them, demean us already, lets not do that to ourselves mbok, let peace reign here.

I Dnt hv a transcript to share oga,u mentioning d wrong person AGAIN
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MrChris1(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
finegirlna:

To think that every applicant can not be granted visa no matter how genuine their cases are.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leopower(m): 7:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
Gud day, a quick 1 here pls. The receipt Num I will get from Gtbank, will d Num be input in part of d ds160 form or is it when I book appointment I will need the receipt Num?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rett0: 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
leopower:
Gud day, a quick 1 here pls. The receipt Num I will get from Gtbank, will d Num be input in part of d ds160 form or is it when I book appointment I will need the receipt Num?

You'll only need it to book your appointment.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
Please stop quoting everything... reduce it please..... Meanwhile where is my oga @LadyG abi mama don enter yankee for inauguration? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
seyewest:
Please stop quoting everything... reduce it please..... Meanwhile where is my oga @LadyG abi mama don enter yankee for inauguration? grin grin grin

Pls take several seats, u must surely be oluwaseun to be chkn space.are u d owner of nairaland? y not pass by, are u not wasting space wt ur posts. Mscheew attention seeker
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Graceee: 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
Hello house
Please my friend has a valid us visa with wife but they had their first Baby last year and they intend to travel with the baby this time around . how would they book an appointment for the Baby s visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leopower(m): 11:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
Rett0:

You'll only need it to book your appointment.

Thks bro.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 19, 2017
Looooooooool just passing by and i am sorry for wasting this little space

quote author=finegirlna post=52954604]

Pls take several seats, u must surely be oluwaseun to be chkn space.are u d owner of nairaland? y not pass by, are u not wasting space wt ur posts. Mscheew attention seeker[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 11:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
finegirlna:

Pls take several seats, u must surely be oluwaseun to be chkn space.are u d owner of nairaland? y not pass by, are u not wasting space wt ur posts. Mscheew attention seeker
shuu! Wetin make your blood dey hot!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
finegirlna:

Who is this? I'm trying to keep the thread compact.. Must you insult me? We have less than 110 pages before we close this thread do you think we are joking here?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
Graceee:
Hello house
Please my friend has a valid us visa with wife but they had their first Baby last year and they intend to travel with the baby this time around . how would they book an appointment for the Baby s visa
If the parent requested for U.S passport for the baby.. The baby does not need a visa to enter U.S so far there's a U.S passport in his name and in possession of the parent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:48am On Jan 20, 2017
lymelyte:
shuu! Wetin make your blood dey hot!
Na u naa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 20, 2017
seyewest:

Who is this? I'm trying to keep the thread compact.. Must you insult me? We have less than 110 pages before we close this thread do you think we are joking here?
Ohh u realize now we aren't joking here wen u busy arguing d oda day about passport we were joking right. Thank u for keeping the thread compact, Mayb wen ppl like u stop arguing abou d obvious and being just relevant the thread wud b more compact

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:51am On Jan 20, 2017
[quote author=Classified60 post=52958045]Looooooooool just passing by and i am sorry for wasting this little space

quote author=finegirlna post=52954604]

lol u aren't wasting space type wat u feel like dear
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 20, 2017
Pls who has used Egypt air before, do they put ppl in hotels. How is the flight generally,a friend wants to book to newyork but is seeing layover of 20hrs.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babiechic: 6:11am On Jan 20, 2017
Graceee:
Hello house

To start with, Is the baby US born or Nigerian born?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Graceee: 8:29am On Jan 20, 2017
babiechic:

To start with, Is the baby US born or Nigerian born?
BABY WAS BORN IN NIGERIA...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Graceee: 8:29am On Jan 20, 2017
seyewest:
If the parent requested for U.S passport for the baby.. The baby does not need a visa to enter U.S so far there's a U.S passport in his name and in possession of the parent
The Baby was born in Nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Graceee: 8:38am On Jan 20, 2017
I have a friend whose Baby was born in Nigeria last year, but both parents have valid US visa. They intend to travel with the baby this time around. Please how would they book an appointment for Baby s visa?? and can the both of them accompany the baby for interview??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 20, 2017
Graceee:
I have a friend whose Baby was born in Nigeria last year, but both parents have valid US visa. They intend to travel with the baby this time around. Please how would they book an appointment for Baby s visa?? and can the both of them accompany the baby for interview??

The baby is also a human being so they shud pay the 54400 visa fee , fill the form, book a date for the interview ,apply and go with the baby to the interview obviously the baby can't go dere alone

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.