Stats: 3,149,729 members, 7,806,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530387 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shotuns: 2:08am On Mar 22, 2017
Yea, you should be fine. I made a mistake too just in a letter in my name, refilled the form and submitted with a new ID, immediately made a call to the embassy and my profile was activated immediately.

My interview goes does @Lagos Us Embassy.

Me:: good morning

V.o: good morning . Pass me ur passport

Vo: Where and why do u want to visit to in the US ?
Me: My summer vacation, visiting a friend and his family, mentioned some other places to visit.

Vo: Have you traveled before, and what's your job?
Me: Yes, mentioned and currently with a permanent residence visa, I work with an Education institute as an instructor and a supervisor.

Vo: Are you married ? Any Children?
Me: Yes, just one.

Vo: how many days are you planning on staying?
Me: 10 days

V.o: pick ur passport in 3 business working days
Me : thank you

However , haven't travelled on the visa yet because i had my interview late so couldn't meet up with the proposed date of travel, now planning my trip this summer .
Wishing every intending applicants good luck in your applications. Amen.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by goodpopsy: 3:45am On Mar 22, 2017
@Shotuns.....I will like the know the permanent residence that you hold...does it mean you don't work in Nigeria.?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shotuns: 4:55am On Mar 22, 2017
I totally agree with you. "Confidence" Honesty" Know your onion, know the details of every information you filled in your DS form.
The guy before me applied to go for a conference in the health sector, the VO asked him to define a Centrifuge, but he couldn't that question disqualified him, how on earth would you call yourself a science student and going for this kind of health conference and have no idea of what a centrifuge is. I felt bad for him.

DMeanMan:

How intelligent are you to even think all of us here on this thread are Travel Agents?

You are clearly one of those people that wouldn't take advice or opinion. Just shift abeg.

About HelenaEdwin post, I totally agree with you.

One of the reasons IMO why a lot of people get denied visa is because they lack the confidence to communicate effectively their mission to the US.

I'd share my experience.

I went for my interview late last year. While waiting in line to be interviewed, a fair young lady with her mom where being interviewed, I think they were going on vacation. The young lady (in her late twenties) was clearly nervous and she let that get the better of her. The VO asked her what her responsibilities were at the bank she claims she works and she was just mumbling some unintelligent things, even the mom was disgusted.

There's a way you can tell me that you wash plate for a living and I'd believe and respect for it, and there's a way you'd tell me you are the CEO of a multinational firm and I'g give you the "try again" look.

If you're reading this and your interview is coming up, just go and be great. Look confident and speak confidently.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shotuns: 4:58am On Mar 22, 2017
Yes, not residing in the Nigeria...just came home for holiday and decided to apply for the B1/B2..However these are some of the criteria they look into, ties to home country ,your place of residence, ( job, family, travel experience, confidence, honesty) but doesn't guaranteed a visa, you have to prove yourself beyond those things you filled during the interview within that 1~2 minutes interview. Those guys are like psychologist, they read you immediately you get to the counter, any mistake on your part or single lie can disqualifies you.
I got a lot of information on the travel section on nairaland, it helps. Thanks to those that shares their experiences, And also prayer is the major Key.

goodpopsy:
@Shotuns.....I will like the know the permanent residence that you hold...does it mean you don't work in Nigeria.?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nosamj: 5:42am On Mar 22, 2017
good morning everyone pls how much can someone tell v.o that he budget for 12 days turism vacation....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:45am On Mar 22, 2017
shotuns:

I totally agree with you. "Confidence" Honesty" Know your onion, know the details of every information you filled in your DS form.
The guy before me applied to go for a conference in the health sector, the VO asked him to define a Centrifuge, but he couldn't that question disqualified him, how on earth would you call yourself a science student and going for this kind of health conference and have no idea of what a centrifuge is. I felt bad for him

You can't blame that guy at all because how would you expect to be interviewed like a person looking for job all because you are going for a conference to learn and probably network with professionals. The pressure of the screaming from the outside of the embassy alone is enough for someone to get tired and exausted. It happened to me beore. I was prepared for the interview and did some pre interview for myself, I feel so confident then because I have prepared all answers.
My interview was scheduled for 9:45 I got there 7am.the que was so long and people were just coming and at exactly 9am you still hear some people asking "has the CGI called 7am, 7:45" staying under a little hot sunrise at 9am can be very frustrating. I got in front of that young handsome Chinese guy he was like.

VO: how re you?
Me: Fine and how are you?
VO: Great. Why are you going to the United State
Me: I am attending a conf on .............
VO : looked at me with one king eye as if I snatched his girlfriend. What do you do?
Me: I'm an accountant . I work with an IT company, I do bla bla bla
Vo: how old are you?
Me: told him ( as if his eyes are blind)
Vo: OK you are an accountant . Are you chattered?
Me: Not yet chattered actually I am currently doing my MBA in bla bla university (I am giving the chinko the honest answers o)..
VO: if you deduct your expenses from your income what will it give you?
Me: I was like is this guy mad why is he asking me all this question. I told him.
VO: what is FIFO and LIFO . I was already getting tired of his questions I couldn't hear him properly he keeps repeating it. Though I know the answer to that question but my mind no dey him side again because I do dey feel tired already. He just remove blue paper and return mynpassport. I collected it and bounce.

Sometimes they ask some questions you don't expect which can piss you off.. One old man was asked stupid question like that which a friend experienced on his day of interview. He said the man got upset and told the vo are you asking me this question to give me a job or to approve me of visa? He said the vo kept quiet and approved his visa.
Sometimes the simplest question may seem hard to answer when you are tensed up an exausted. It doesn't mean you don't know it but you did not expect it to come at you. Sometimes when they see that you are qualified and they already have their decision in mind to deny you. That is when they will be asking you some stupid questions... Its not advisable to be to anxious when going for an interview it makes you look tensed and when asked questions you seem dumb and look like an idiot. Be calm and have it at the back of your mind this is not a do or die. Just free style.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Theolar247(m): 10:20am On Mar 22, 2017
Was at the lagos consulate for my interview with my family this morning, went with my wife and daughter 5 months old. here's the transcript ;

We: good morning
Vo: morning
Vo: where are you going in the US
Me: bowie maryland
Vo: why are you travelling to the US
Me: for a short family vacation and family visit
Vo: where do you work
Me: mentioned my construction and management company
Vo: you're the C E O
Me: yes
Vo: is this your only child
Me& wife: yes
Vo: how did you get start up fund
Me: family support
Vo: what's your net worth ( he rephrase it severally and asked if I understand
Me: 7million monthly
Vo: what kind of property do you manage
Me: commercial buildings, residential building, and hotel
Vo: do your company own property and what kind of property
Me: yes, office building
Vo: madam what do you do
Wife: am a fashion designer and fashion instructor
Vo: types for a while and handed us the blue paper

Gurus please what wrong with our application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:40am On Mar 22, 2017
Theolar247:
Was at the lagos consulate for my interview with my family this morning, went with my wife and daughter 5 months old. here's the transcript ;

Your delivery most likely, not coming strong - especially that rephrasing severally part of it all, you sounded "un7millionnally" monthly maybe. Also, both jobs (hubby and wifey) ain't coming across as concrete in terms of ties anyways and now you both want to go on holiday the ONLY child of yours. Seems you are intent on checking out maybe!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
Theolar247:

my opinion:

net-worth is ur sum total of ur assets - ur liabilities
as someone in business - or should i say someone doing such serious business, your response came off as someone not grounded in basic financials which as CEO you should know. i feel that was a huge minus.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Theolar247(m): 12:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
He specially asked what's your net worth rephrased it and asked how much does your company make

my opinion:

net-worth is ur sum total of ur assets - ur liabilities
as someone in business - or should i say someone doing such serious business, your response came off as someone not grounded in basic financials which as CEO you should know. i feel that was a huge minus.
[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Theolar247(m): 1:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
We were totally honest and our delivery was strong enough as I saw another applicant who was talking with a shaking voice all through at window 6 and still got it

Your delivery most likely, not coming strong - especially that rephrasing severally part of it all, you sounded "un7millionnally" monthly maybe. Also, both jobs (hubby and wifey) ain't coming across as concrete in terms of ties anyways and now you both want to go on holiday the ONLY child of yours. Seems you are intent on checking out maybe![/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
Theolar247:

I see no big deal in traveling with your family for holiday/vacation my question is this... Have you traveled out before? have you traveled out with your wife?
From your transcript I can see that you're unprepared because the V.O is asking you to give him names of properties you manage and current project... mind you real estate business in Nigeria no be bean this is something they can verify asap...
I'm sure your family did not contribute money for you to start the business maybe it's a family business and you're the one in charge.. the way you phrase your answer is not encouraging at all.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
1. Me: for a short family vacation and family visit
FAMILY VACATION AND FAMILY VISIT - STRIKE 1. YES YOU ARE GOING FOR A FAMILY VACATION/VISIT, BUT WHY BOWIE, MARYLAND; WHAT'S IN THAT LOCATION, THAT MADE YOU CHOOSE TO TRAVEL THERE. BE MORE DETAILED.

2. Vo: how did you get start up fund
THE VO PROBABLY THINKS, YOU ALSO WOULD NEED FAMILY SUPPORT FOR THE TRIP. BUT ITS GOOD THAT YOU'RE HONEST.

3. Vo: what's your net worth ( he rephrase it severally and asked if I understand
I SEE WHY HE REPHRASED THE QUESTION SEVERALLY, HE WAS ASKING HOW MUCH DO YOU MAKE IN A YEAR, THAT WOULD BE YOUR INCOME (SALARY) MULTIPLIED BY 12 MONTHS. WHEN YOU SAID 7 MILLION PER MONTH, THAT WAS PROBABLY INTERPRETED AS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ONE IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY.

4. Vo: madam what do you do
I'M GUESSING BY NOW THE VO HAD MADE THEIR DECISION.

5. YOU CAN REAPPLY IN THREE MONTHS, AND MAKE CORRECTIONS TO 1 AND 3 ONLY (STICK TO WHAT YOU SAID IN 2 I.E FAMILY SUPPORT FOR STARTING THE BUSINESS FOR CONSISTENCY)

SORRY FOR TYPING IN CAPITAL LETTERS, THESE ARE MY OPINIONS AND ALL THE BEST!

Theolar247:

We: good morning
Vo: morning
Vo: where are you going in the US
Me: bowie maryland
Vo: why are you travelling to the US
Me: for a short family vacation and family visit
Vo: where do you work
Me: mentioned my construction and management company
Vo: you're the C E O
Me: yes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Theolar247(m): 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
seyewest:

1) Yes, been to Togo, Benin Republic. And travelled to Ghana with my wife in 2015.

2) he asked what kind of properties do you manage. That was his question

I see no big deal in traveling with your family for holiday/vacation my question is this... Have you traveled out before? have you traveled out with your wife?
From your transcript I can see that you're unprepared because the V.O is asking you to give him names of properties you manage and current project... mind you real estate business in Nigeria no be bean this is something they can verify asap...
I'm sure your family did not contribute money for you to start the business maybe it's a family business and you're the one in charge.. the way you phrase your answer is not encouraging at all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Theolar247(m): 3:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. Me: for a short family vacation and family visit

3. Vo: what's your net worth ( he rephrase it severally and asked if I understand
I SEE WHY HE REPHRASED THE QUESTION SEVERALLY, HE WAS ASKING HOW MUCH DO YOU MAKE IN A YEAR, THAT WOULD BE YOUR INCOME (SALARY) MULTIPLIED BY 12 MONTHS. WHEN YOU SAID 7 MILLION PER MONTH, THAT WAS PROBABLY INTERPRETED AS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ONE IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY.

He ended the question with how much does your company make.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Cryptolady: 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
Classified60:

You can't blame that guy at all because how would you expect to be interviewed like a person looking for job all because you are going for a conference to learn and probably network with professionals. The pressure of the screaming from the outside of the embassy alone is enough for someone to get tired and exausted. It happened to me beore. I was prepared for the interview and did some pre interview for myself, I feel so confident then because I have prepared all answers.
My interview was scheduled for 9:45 I got there 7am.the que was so long and people were just coming and at exactly 9am you still hear some people asking "has the CGI called 7am, 7:45" staying under a little hot sunrise at 9am can be very frustrating. I got in front of that young handsome Chinese guy he was like.

VO: how re you?
Me: Fine and how are you?
VO: Great. Why are you going to the United State
Me: I am attending a conf on .............
VO : looked at me with one king eye as if I snatched his girlfriend. What do you do?
Me: I'm an accountant . I work with an IT company, I do bla bla bla
Vo: how old are you?
Me: told him ( as if his eyes are blind)
Vo: OK you are an accountant . Are you chattered?
Me: Not yet chattered actually I am currently doing my MBA in bla bla university (I am giving the chinko the honest answers o)..
VO: if you deduct your expenses from your income what will it give you?
Me: I was like is this guy mad why is he asking me all this question. I told him.
VO: what is FIFO and LIFO . I was already getting tired of his questions I couldn't hear him properly he keeps repeating it. Though I know the answer to that question but my mind no dey him side again because I do dey feel tired already. He just remove blue paper and return mynpassport. I collected it and bounce.

Sometimes they ask some questions you don't expect which can piss you off.. One old man was asked stupid question like that which a friend experienced on his day of interview. He said the man got upset and told the vo are you asking me this question to give me a job or to approve me of visa? He said the vo kept quiet and approved his visa.
Sometimes the simplest question may seem hard to answer when you are tensed up an exausted. It doesn't mean you don't know it but you did not expect it to come at you. Sometimes when they see that you are qualified and they already have their decision in mind to deny you. That is when they will be asking you some stupid questions... Its not advisable to be to anxious when going for an interview it makes you look tensed and when asked questions you seem dumb and look like an idiot. Be calm and have it at the back of your mind this is not a do or die. Just free style.

EEYA PELE
I CAN RELATE
IT IS WELL
FIFO-FIRST IN FIRST OUT
LIFO-LAST IN FIRST OUT

IT HAS TO DO WITH QUEUING SYSTEMS THOUGH AND IT DOES NOT REALLY RELATE TO ACCOUNTING(MAYBE BANKING SYSTEM) I GUESS HE DID THAT ON PURPOSE TO THROW YOU OFF GUARD
WHEN THEY DON'T WANT TO GIVE YOU THEY LOOK FOR FLIMSY EXCUSES.

IT IS WELL MY DEAR(DON'T GIVE UP)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CamenLuna: 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hello house. Please as a business owner, is it advisable to accord n salary to oneself while filling the Ds-160 form especially if this does not reflect in both your company account and also personal account. If not what will be the best thin to fill in employment history since i am currently running my own business.
Thanks in advance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2017
CamenLuna:
Hello house. Please as a business owner, is it advisable to accord n salary to oneself while filling the Ds-160 form especially if this does not reflect in both your company account and also personal account. If not what will be the best thin to fill in employment history since i am currently running my own business.
Thanks in advance.
After expenses, what is your averageprofit (capital not included) on the average monthly? That is your salary.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by America001: 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
it seems these America people are having fun with a lot of folks recently. My cousin went for interview yesterday and here's his transcript
Vo: hi, nice shirt (she actually said that)
Him: thanks (feeling fly)
Vo: why do you wanna go to the US (smile disappears automatically)
Him: for football. I've been invited for trials by L.A. Galaxy FC
Vo: which club do you play for in Nigeria?
Him: Enugu Rangers
Vo: when did you finish secondary school?
Him: September 2011
Vo: (after taking like for ever to type) Sorry but bla bla bla.......

Make the pros help me analyse abeg. wetin concern secondary school for this matter now? He's considering reapplying cos his IV is still valid
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
America001:
it seems these America people are having fun with a lot of folks recently. My cousin went for interview yesterday and here's his transcript

Make the pros help me analyse abeg. wetin concern secondary school for this matter now? He's considering reapplying cos his IV is still valid
Which Visa category did he applied for?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by reeq(m): 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hello everyone. .

Pls when granted a u.s tourist visa for the first time,is it an offense not to travel on the date you filled out in your application?

Is it okay to travel anything time within the validity of the visa?

God bless you all. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
America001:

Seriously eh. When we say 'read and research' it sounds like one is being wicked.
Can you see how short the interview was? Does that not tell you anything?
Dude is going for a job interview. If successful, he'll either stay back to get the work visa or work illegally. Ergo immigrant intent. Ergo long future of possible refusals.
The secondary school question was to guage the level of desperation. From then to now, his form speaks for his level of achievment, which I'm guessing has not been much.
Avoidable Waste of money.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by America001: 11:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
seyewest:

Which Visa category did he applied for?

B1/B2 na. The essence is that he may or may not be offered a contract after the trial
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by America001: 11:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Seriously eh. When we say 'read and research' it sounds like one is being wicked.
Can you see how short the interview was? Does that not tell you anything?
Dude is going for a job interview. If successful, he'll either stay back to get the work visa or work illegally. Ergo immigrant intent. Ergo long future of possible refusals.
The secondary school question was to guage the level of desperation. From then to now, his form speaks for his level of achievment, which I'm guessing has not been much.
Avoidable Waste of money.

I'm not sure I understand you oh nne, he said the truth. L.A. GALAXY sent him an invite for trials. It's common for footballing prospects. What should he have said?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Akaraiwe(m): 12:19am On Mar 23, 2017
America001:

Sports was my first love, I am now a container boy embarassed

For the sake of my first love, these info may help genuine athletes.

H-1B , P-1 , P-3 and O-1 visas should be your category. Your "cousin" isn't a short term visitor!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry357: 6:48am On Mar 23, 2017
America001:

I'm not sure I understand you oh nne, he said the truth. L.A. GALAXY sent him an invite for trials. It's common for footballing prospects. What should he have said?

Everyone should look up Football agent scam.
It is very very common for football mad boys to get caught by these fake offers.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:15am On Mar 23, 2017
America001:

He applied for The wrong visa type. You cannot work on a B visa.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolamax: 8:12am On Mar 23, 2017
Hello gurus in the house please a quick one I am presently completing my DS 160 and I got to the part that says if I have made a travel plan please what do I fill in here . Please assist. I am sorry if an answer had been given to this before just can't find it on the thread and believe me. I have searched please help urgently
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 8:46am On Mar 23, 2017
kolamax:
Hello gurus in the house please a quick one I am presently completing my DS 160 and I got to the part that says if I have made a travel plan please what do I fill in here . Please assist. I am sorry if an answer had been given to this before just can't find it on the thread and believe me. I have searched please help urgently
NO,unless you have made any. These are in the form of buying air ticket, booking and paying for accomadation, buying tour tickets etc.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CamenLuna: 9:26am On Mar 23, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

After expenses, what is your averageprofit (capital not included) on the average monthly? That is your salary.

Thanks LadyGuinivere for your response.
After expenses, my income is usually between 180k to 200k depending on how business is in a particular month and sometimes more or less.
My concern is this: i usually don't pay any specific amount to myself as salary at the end of each month. if i state this as my salary, how do i explain that since it doesn't reflect in my personal account statement.
Will this be regarded as dishonesty if i use my company as my employer and state this figure as salary. if yes what then should i feel in employment status. Please help. i have filled out the form but yet to submit and my interview is nest week.
Thank in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94