Stats: 3,143,500 members, 7,781,513 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:57 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1521797 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Dot1(m): 10:05am On Mar 23, 2017
Hey guys. I am studying in the US and my parents woild like to visit me. Please I would like to know if I can pay for their visa applications from here or do they have to go pay at GTB in Nigeria?

Also, can we schedule an interview for 2 so they do it same time and place? Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CamenLuna: 11:08am On Mar 23, 2017
CamenLuna:
Hello house. Please as a business owner, is it advisable to accord n salary to oneself while filling the Ds-160 form especially if this does not reflect in both your company account and also personal account. If not what will be the best thin to fill in employment history since i am currently running my own business.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks LadyGuinivere for your response.
After expenses, my income is usually between 180k to 200k depending on how business is in a particular month and sometimes more or less.
My concern is this: i usually don't pay any specific amount to myself as salary at the end of each month. if i state this as my salary, how do i explain that since it doesn't reflect in my personal account statement.
Will this be regarded as dishonesty if i use my company as my employer and state this figure as salary. if yes what then should i feel in employment status. Please help. i have filled out the form but yet to submit and my interview is nest week.
Thanks in advance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by omoluabiguy: 11:09am On Mar 23, 2017
harrycool:

Thanks for taking your time to answer. Well, I asked this because I met a Nigerian Lady here who told me she was denied an F2 (because of funds) but later applied for a B2 and got it. We're in the same MS program, she did change of status from B2 to F2 to F1 (which took both time and money). So I guess its different strokes for different folks.

I appreciate your feedback.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 11:25am On Mar 23, 2017
US Embassy to Nigeria is LIVE now on FB, please join in to get answers to most of your questions.

https://www.facebook.com/usembassynigeria/videos/vb.29206219873/10155196287484874/?type=2&theater

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2017
CamenLuna:

Thanks LadyGuinivere for your response.
After expenses, my income is usually between 180k to 200k depending on how business is in a particular month and sometimes more or less.
My concern is this: i usually don't pay any specific amount to myself as salary at the end of each month. if i state this as my salary, how do i explain that since it doesn't reflect in my personal account statement.
Will this be regarded as dishonesty if i use my company as my employer and state this figure as salary. if yes what then should i feel in employment status. Please help. i have filled out the form but yet to submit and my interview is nest week.
Thank in advance.
You are a Businessman, self employed by your own company. Your profit is your income. Statements Are not checked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

You are a Businessman, self employed by your own company. Your profit is your income. Statements Are not checked

Income and profit are two different things...if you are asked your income you expected to tell the exact total sales you make in a particular business without deducting expenses. Profit is what you make after your expenseses / expenditure is being deducted from your annual income or monthly income. This Vo's don't know everything about you so you are meant to explain to them and make them understand. You can decide to say your income monthly or quarterly depending on the trend of your business activities.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

He applied for The wrong visa type. You cannot work on a B visa.
I know that LA Galaxy will send him invitation letters and even hook him up with an agent to sort out his traveling ish.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CamenLuna: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
Classified60:

Income and profit are two different things...if you are asked your income you expected to tell the exact total sales you make in a particular business without deducting expenses. Profit is what you make after your expenseses / expenditure is being deducted from your annual income or monthly income. This Vo's don't know everything about you so you are meant to explain to them and make them understand. You can decide to say your income monthly or quarterly depending on the trend of your business activities.

Thanks Classified60 and LadyGuinivere.
So i shouldn't state any salary on the Ds-160 form then and do the explanation when asked instead.
Or i should state my income as salary there and still explain when asked.
Thanks again for your time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Iflyhigh: 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hi all,

Am actually new here and seriously need some advice concerning my intended trip to the US. I travelled in 2013 for a conference with a 2years b1/b2 business/conference visa. Afterwards,i renewed it in 2015 through drop-box and they gave me another 2years but i did not travel due to the workload in my company at that time. My visa expired in this month of march 2017 and i decided to renew it to enable me attend this year's conference of which i have been issued another 2years visa. The issue now is that i am pregnant and am suppose to give birth after the conference. so i am planning for the conference and delivery when i travel but at the same time am afraid hearing all manner of things that happens at the US point of entry. What are my chances? Please helppp!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry357: 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2017
Iflyhigh:
Hi all,

Am actually new here and seriously need some advice concerning my intended trip to the US. I travelled in 2013 for a conference with a 2years b1/b2 business/conference visa. Afterwards,i renewed it in 2015 through drop-box and they gave me another 2years but i did not travel due to the workload in my company at that time. My visa expired in this month of march 2017 and i decided to renew it to enable me attend this year's conference of which i have been issued another 2years visa. The issue now is that i am pregnant and am suppose to give birth after the conference. so i am planning for the conference and delivery when i travel but at the same time am afraid hearing all manner of things that happens at the US point of entry. What are my chances? Please helppp!

We do not give chances or odds.
Travel while pregnant is a risk. If CBP suspect that you are pregnant they will send you home possibly with a record of fraud.
They WILL suspect that your intention is to give birth in the USA.
Even if you notify US visa office in Nigeria CBP can still be difficult.

If you do intend USA birth then you must make contact with Doctor or hospital and get price quotes.
You must be able to prove funds or payment at POE.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
CamenLuna:

Thanks Classified60 and LadyGuinivere.
So i shouldn't state any salary on the Ds-160 form then and do the explanation when asked instead.
Or i should state my income as salary there and still explain when asked.
Thanks again for your time.

I have seen people living the column blank .Though you will be asked how much you earn but its left to you to explain better for the vo to understand..
If your company is a very large company with an income of 20million annually I will advice you to tell the vo and then I am very sure you will be asked the staff strength of the company. That way the vo will be able to see if truelly your company is productive and your income is real. expect to be asked questions about your company. They will like to get you from that angle.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
worry357:

We do not give chances or odds.
Travel while pregnant is a risk. If CBP suspect that you are pregnant they will send you home possibly with a record of fraud.
They WILL suspect that your intention is to give birth in the USA.
Even if you notify US visa office in Nigeria CBP can still be difficult.

If you do intend USA birth then you must make contact with Doctor or hospital and get price quotes.
You must be able to prove funds or payment at POE.
Seconded.. do it the legal way don't use the conference as cover.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by taiworhoda: 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
Good day everyone, madam bendel, seyewest and others pls help us go thru our transit and point where we have gone wrong in today's interview.
March8/3/2017.

VO: good morning
Hubby and I: morning how is work today
VO: fine, thanks.
VO: where in d Usa are u going?
Hubby and I: Baltimore, maryland
VO: why maryland
Wife: it as a lot of tourist attraction centers
VO: where would u like to visit
Hubby : Answered
VO: where will u be staying
Wife: we've made a reservation at bla bla bla hotel.
Vo: where do u work
Hubby: so so bank
Vo: so u have worked for 8 years
Hubby : yes
Vo: madam where do u work?
Wife: bla bla bla as this and that
Vo: have u traveled before?
Wife: yes, we have been to dubai and Ghana for a family vacation.
Vo: what are u job functions, he asked my hubby
Hubby: bla bla bla
Vo: u applied last year June and u worked as an Atm custodian
Hubby: yes, and explained
Vo: He stood and started typing for like 20secs,

The next thing was to bring out the blue paper and said sorry I cannot forge ahead with ur application,kindly go thru this form and apply next time.
I immediately asked why he denied us the visa but he didn't say anything, he just said we should go thru the blue paper and re-apply. Pls my people in the house can u pls explain where we have gone wrong to be denied. And pls can we apply immediately again?
This is d second time.[/color]

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
Iflyhigh:
Hi all,

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
Iflyhigh:
Hi all,

Before traveling notify the US consulate by mail, about your intentions to give birth and the communications you have had with your Dr abroad and in Nigeria, they will go through it and send you an approval by mail, this is what you will show at the POE when you arrive, you need that go ahead letter. You will be asked for it at the POE, and also asked about evidence of payment and evidence of contact with the DR. But it is important you notify the consulate before traveling.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beehandz(m): 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2017
Wify: Good Morning
VO: Morning
VO: Why are you going to the US
Wify: For bla bla bla conference
VO: Where do you work
Wify: bla bla Company
VO: What is the company into
Wify: Supply of bla bla equipment to major oil & gas company on Nigeria
VO: How long have you been working with the company
Wify: 4 years (infact was recently promoted last year to this position) and its one of d advantages of the position to travel for this conference
VO: What are your job description
Wify: bla bla bla (VO was tying all through)
VO: Are you married?
Wify: yes
VO: Any Kids yet?
Wify: not yet
VO: What equipment did you say your company deals with
Wify: compressors, valves, pumps to major Oil & Gas companies
VO: What capacity of compressors do you sells to your clients
Wify: didn't hear properly so told VO to repeat. He did and she just gave an answer despite not hearing well
VO: sorry you didn't convince me enof.

I feel d last answer spoilt everything. No docs was checked

Meanwhile, there was a security bridge at the embassy this morning as early as 6.30am and all applicants were thrown out. They started attending to applicants around 11am and according to her, the VO were rushing to finish up in time and interview everybody

Well, How soon can she reapply[b][/b]. The conference will enhance her career and improve her knowledge in her new position

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
Beehandz:
Wify: 4 years (infact was recently promoted last year to this position) and its one of d advantages of the position to travel for this conference
Wify: didn't hear properly so told VO to repeat. He did and she just gave an answer despite not hearing well

Meanwhile, there was a security bridge at the embassy this morning as early as 6.30am and all applicants were thrown out. They started attending to applicants around 11am and according to her, the VO were rushing to finish up in time and interview everybody

Well, How soon can she reapply[b][/b]. The conference will enhance her career and improve her knowledge in her new position

The thing is after this interview I think the vo must have noted something on your profile which would make your next interview take another turn....so prepare yourself better to convince the vo on your job. You never can tell the vo might ask you some simple question you never expect. They will like to tickle your brain and make you slip.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
1. Wait a minute. Did you hide the fact that you were pregnant during the interview, it doesn't matter if you were asked or not.
2. In the Trump era, you will not just be deported but possibly banned from the US.
3. Don't send any letter of change of intent, you will only be making your case worse.
4. If you don't go for that conference, the CBP will most likely ask you why, I hope your answer is okay for the CBP.
5. Probability of deportation and ban: 90%
6. You should have told the VO you would also wish to have your child, in the US. Whether you were asked or not.

Iflyhigh:
Hi all,

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
1. If there is still time before the conference, she should reapply and convince the next VO about the sincerity of the purpose of her travel.
2. Let your wife stress the relevance of the conference to her career, and know what the job entails.

Beehandz:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
HERE IS THE PROBLEM:

LAST YEAR, IN JUNE, YOU WERE AN ATM CUSTODIAN.

THIS YEAR'S APPLICATION, WHAT DID YOU FILL IN?

taiworhoda:
Good day everyone, madam bendel, seyewest and others pls help us go thru our transit and point where we have gone wrong in today's interview.
March8/3/2017.

The next thing was to bring out the blue paper and said sorry I cannot forge ahead with ur application,kindly go thru this form and apply next time.
I immediately asked why he denied us the visa but he didn't say anything, he just said we should go thru the blue paper and re-apply. Pls my people in the house can u pls explain where we have gone wrong to be denied. And pls can we apply immediately again?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Iflyhigh: 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hi CameLuna,

Sorry i forgot to mention that i have my medical arrangements made already. payments done, appointment with my genea is 4weeks before the conference. my doctor and i have been having correspondence. My question is, having issued a business/conference visa, and am traveling 4weeks before the conference to start my routine until the conference, what is the possibility of me gaining entry?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nosamj: 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2017
KaptainAfrika: ladyG and others i greet u all ..the email that i fill in my ds 160 is diffrent from the one that i use to make my appointment hope is not an issue?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nosamj: 8:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
pls my people i am confuse whats the meaning of barcode in ds 160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beautyaddy: 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2017
Lol!...I notice a trend going on now. Some women apply for the B1/B2 visa stating to get it to just to visit the US but had the hidden intentions to use it for child birth in the US in the first place. Who are they deceiving? Yeah right!

seyewest:

Seconded.. do it the legal way don't use the conference as cover.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. Wait a minute. Did you hide the fact that you were pregnant during the interview, it doesn't matter if you were asked or not.
2. In the Trump era, you will not just be deported but possibly banned from the US.
3. Don't send any letter of change of intent, you will only be making your case worse.
4. If you don't go for that conference, the CBP will most likely ask you why, I hope your answer is okay for the CBP.
5. Probability of deportation and ban: 90%
6. You should have told the VO you would also wish to have your child, in the US. Whether you were asked or not.

You didn't even read her write up before saying she shouldn't write letter of intent. She stated that her visa has been RENEWED via Dropbox. She must send a letter of intent that's her only option now, notifying the consulate that she wishes to go for delivery, since her visa has already been issued . My cousin renewed her visa last year, just for holiday purposes, she's in America right now to deliver but before leaving Nigeria, she notified the consulate of her plans to give birth and was asked to forward conversations between her and the hospital and receipts which she did. the consulate sent a letter of approval and she travelled, she got to JFK and was asked for that permission, which she showed. Are you now saying that because she got her visa stating that she was going on holiday and one year later, she is pregnant, she should tear the visa or what? She explained all in the letter of intent and the consulate approved it. As long as the B1/B2 was given and child birth falls under the medical category, her writing a letter of intent to the consulate should be no major issue.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
Beautyaddy:
Lol!...I notice a trend going on now. Some women apply for the B1/B2 visa stating to get it to just to visit the US but had the hidden intentions to use it for child birth in the US in the first place. Who are they deceiving? Yeah right!

Hmm but the B1/B2 category also includes the medical category. What if I get pregnant a year after my visa has been issued? Child birth also falls under the medical category. So this point is not valid.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
Iflyhigh:
Hi CameLuna,

Sorry i forgot to mention that i have my medical arrangements made already. payments done, appointment with my genea is 4weeks before the conference. my doctor and i have been having correspondence. My question is, having issued a business/conference visa, and am traveling 4weeks before the conference to start my routine until the conference, what is the possibility of me gaining entry?
Can you kindly ask this in the birthin thread? This is not the right forum
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
nosamj:
KaptainAfrika: ladyG and others i greet u all ..the email that i fill in my ds 160 is diffrent from the one that i use to make my appointment hope is not an issue?
No issue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
@all respectfully. Biko nu. There's a special thread for birthing in the US. Where people that actully have the experience post and answer .

The letter of intent argument has been trashed. Several times. The op should go there, read and make up her mind. Her question is also a common one, so e no go hard am to find a Solution in the appros thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 2:37am On Mar 24, 2017
taiworhoda:
March8/3/2017.

1. Not a whole lot to see in Baltimore to be honest (outside the harbor)... its a really boring place (though i suggest you look for the $1 oysters!).

2. Seems there was an inconsistency in your job title between this and your previous application.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shilam(m): 3:03am On Mar 24, 2017
good morning everyone i just notice a mistake in my ds 160 appli now after i have book my appoinment and this is my second time of summiting my ds 160, the mistake is my course of study instead of accounting i wrote accountance..what should i do? should i leave it like that
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 3:30am On Mar 24, 2017
shilam:
good morning everyone i just notice a mistake in my ds 160 appli now after i have book my appoinment and this is my second time of summiting my ds 160, the mistake is my course of study instead of accounting i wrote accountance..what should i do? should i leave it like that
Accountancy, specifically refers to the duties(which consists of accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, etc.) or profession of an accountant. So you are good, in this sense you just made a mistake with one alphabet. Leave it like that and mention it at the interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94