Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,508 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:51 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1521794 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shilam(m): 6:00am On Mar 24, 2017
@constance234 sorry what i wrote is accountant
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:07am On Mar 24, 2017
Its up to her to decide, if she will take the risk. We can only give our opinions, what worked for your cousin, might not work for her. Its always best to mention that you would also like to use the visa for childbirth later, so that it is in the system.

MsTiitii:

You didn't even read her write up before saying she shouldn't write letter of intent. She stated that her visa has been RENEWED via Dropbox. She must send a letter of intent that's her only option now, notifying the consulate that she wishes to go for delivery, since her visa has already been issued . My cousin renewed her visa last year, just for holiday purposes, she's in America right now to deliver but before leaving Nigeria, she notified the consulate of her plans to give birth and was asked to forward conversations between her and the hospital and receipts which she did. the consulate sent a letter of approval and she travelled, she got to JFK and was asked for that permission, which she showed. Are you now saying that because she got her visa stating that she was going on holiday and one year later, she is pregnant, she should tear the visa or what? She explained all in the letter of intent and the consulate approved it. As long as the B1/B2 was given and child birth falls under the medical category, her writing a letter of intent to the consulate should be no major issue.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 6:13am On Mar 24, 2017
shilam:
@constance234 sorry what i wrote is accountant
Thats not an issue, people use either accountant or accountancy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shilam(m): 6:18am On Mar 24, 2017
@ constance234 sorry i wrote accountant not accountanc
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shilam(m): 6:22am On Mar 24, 2017
thanks oga constance234
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by banks101: 9:09am On Mar 24, 2017
Good morning ladyG and Gurus
Please my wife and I want to go on vacation in Denver Colorado.Aside the museum of arts and science,US mint,Denver arts museum and mount Evans,is it a good location for vacation?
Secondly as I have learnt on this thread that often times the VO asks the question "why you chose your vacation location"?
Will it be wrong to say that your friend who's your point of contact stays there and during the course of your vacation you would want to visit him.
Please help.Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2017
banks101:
Please my wife and I want to go on vacation in Denver Colorado.Aside the museum of arts and science,US mint,Denver arts museum and mount Evans,is it a good location for vacation?
Secondly as I have learnt on this thread that often times the VO asks the question "why you chose your vacation location"?
Will it be wrong to say that your friend who's your point of contact stays there and during the course of your vacation you would want to visit him.
Please help.Thank you
My opnion remains the same. If your ties are ok, you can apply to visit Alaska
I have never been to Denver, so I have no idea but google is your dearest nd surest friend.

If its the truth that you chose denver cos you have a friend there, then that's your reason. No reason to seek for an exotic reason.
God's grace

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by gentlepal: 10:22am On Mar 24, 2017
Goodmorning my good people I paid yesterday n I want to schedule appointment for interview but I got an error message that its a Dropbox issue. Pls what can I do? My 54400 is at stake. What did they mean by dropbox?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shotuns: 10:49am On Mar 24, 2017
Saw this new rules today on Etihad airline and I am sure other airline must have gotten the same memo and for people planning to travel to the US soon, strictly follow the rules to avoid stories that are painful to the heart.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 4:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
My interview for a B2 visa is on the 10th of April 2017, I had read so many transcripts here...majority says no document was checked, do you guys think it is very necessary or a must to take my acct statement to the interview? I wana know please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
arclexical:
My interview for a B2 visa is on the 10th of April 2017, I had read so many transcripts here...majority says no document was checked, do you guys think it is very necessary or a must to take my acct statement to the interview? I wana know please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Genea(f): 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
Iflyhigh:
Hi CameLuna,

Sorry i forgot to mention that i have my medical arrangements made already. payments done, appointment with my genea is 4weeks before the conference. my doctor and i have been having correspondence. My question is, having issued a business/conference visa, and am traveling 4weeks before the conference to start my routine until the conference, what is the possibility of me gaining entry?
appointment with me kwa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
arclexical:
They won't check it unless it's for medical or student visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by America001: 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
seyewest:

I know that LA Galaxy will send him invitation letters and even hook him up with an agent to sort out his traveling ish.
You are absolutely right
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ramj: 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
banks101:
Please help.Thank you

First I believe you know best why you are choosing Denver Colorado and from what you have said it it has some places to visit. If those things interest you sell it to the VO, You would like to climb the Mount Evans, a friend told you about it and you would love to experience it.

On the other hand If you are going there to see Family then just tell them than form going to see places when you yourself are not very convinced. The thing is these guys are Americans they know if you know what you are saying and they are also psychologists in a way.

So get your info right and speak confidently and you are good - BUT REMEMBER LIES DO NOT HELP, THEY UNDERMINE YOUR CHANCES.

Go Get the VISA

So its up to you

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ramj: 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
shotuns:
Saw this new rules today on Etihad airline and I am sure other airline must have gotten the same memo and for people planning to travel to the US soon, strictly follow the rules to avoid stories that are painful to the heart.

Its not for all airlines and not even all airports -
10 airports in Arab nations
Passengers will be allowed to stow their devices in checked-in baggage on flights from the affected airports, which are in Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Qatar, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates.

Egypt
Qatar
Dubai
AbuDhabi
" airports in Saudi Arabia
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by harrycool(m): 11:48am On Mar 25, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Bro I'll like to get in touch with you.
you can PM me...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by omoluabiguy: 11:59am On Mar 25, 2017
harrycool:

you can PM me...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 4:41pm On Mar 25, 2017
iiiiiiiii
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by banks101: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2017
Hello LadyG
Here is our transcript
Vo:goodmorning
Me/wife:morning
Vo:Why are are going to colorado
Me:my wife and I want to take some time out for vacation
Vo:What do you do
Me:medical doctor
VO to wife:and you?
Wife:medical doctor
Vo:have you travelled before
Me:yes to SA and Ghana
VO to wife: and you
Wife:yes to SA and UK
VO collected old passports and checked for the visa then returned it back
Vo:for how long have you been married
Me/wife:7weeks now
Vo:do you have a child
Me:No
Vo:Sorry you are not qualified this time

Note:wife passport still bears her maiden name
Where do you think we got it wrong?We really need this vacation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:12am On Mar 27, 2017
@banks101
Sorry about the waste of money. But, I don't do 'what went wrong' cos only the VO knows why.
I can only speculate...
You both have travel history but seperate. Consider travelling as a family to either UK or some other place before reapplying. That's a change in circumstance.
Maybe the VO does not believe you are married. Note: difference in wife's surname iis immaterial. My passport is still n my maiden name after donkey years of marriage nd various applications. The transcripts here also bear witness to the fact that couples can have different surnames
You also have to consider that both of you re young and potential hustlers , with no kid to bog them down. Lotsa Nigerians have been migrating illegally recently with the situation in Naija so I'm guessing vos have learnt to shoot without stopping.
Or maybe the vo just didn't feel like approving... Who knows the internal memo they got this morning.
My opinion? Don't reapply till there's a change in your circumstance. Take your vacation elsewhere. Delay is not denial.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:41am On Mar 27, 2017
1. Married for just 7 weeks.
2. No child yet, probably wants to use the visa for childbirth.
3. Both medical doctors, professions that are in high demand in the US.
4. Wife's passport still in maiden name.

I would highly advise against reappearing at the US Embassy any time soon. Until you have built a strong tie to Nigeria i.e. child, length of years married, length of years employed at place of work.
My opinion.

banks101:
Hello LadyG
Here is our transcript

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 12:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
banks101:
Hello LadyG
Here is our transcript

Ties, ties, ties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TokyoBulls(m): 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
Though I'm not a VO but it's (probably clearly) written all over this application where the issue is. Home ties. You do not have sufficient ties to home country and the VO is not onvinced you will return to home country. Your wife's passport being in her maiden name does not have any bearing to this. Perhaps I can advise better if I understand the last sentence, especially as it sounds like it could have reflected in your presentation for the visa interview.
banks101:
Hello LadyG
Here is our transcript

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by manigold: 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2017
Pls help my people. I applied and got my visa approved with help from genuine advice I got here; intending to visit and attend a graduation ceremony in May. I just realized I can't travel early May as contained in my form. I would wish to defer travel date until end of May..Is that going to b a concern at the POE. if so pls what can I do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
1. So long as you don't suddenly find out that you are pregnant and want to now use the visa for childbirth, you should be fine.

2. If you miss the graduation ceremony, you should think of what to tell the CBP at the POE. Just to be on the safe side. We can't tell you what to say, as the one you will remember, is the one you come up with.

All the best.

manigold:
Pls help my people. I applied and got my visa approved with help from genuine advice I got here; intending to visit and attend a graduation ceremony in May. I just realized I can't travel early May as contained in my form. I would wish to defer travel date until end of May..Is that going to b a concern at the POE. if so pls what can I do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Wifeysist(f): 4:51pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello everyone, been a silent follower and had my interview today, so here goes my transcript
VO: gd morning madam
Me: gd morning
VO: passport pls
Me: passes her the pport
VO: why are u going to the US
Me: vacation
VO: where in the us are you going
Me: bla bla bla
VO: what do u do?
VO: can u explain what ur job entails
Me; bla bla bla
VO: okay, are u married?
Me: yes
VO: why are you traveling alone?
Me: husband couldn't get leave @ work so we decided I go and relax
VO; can you tell me more about what you do?
Me: tells her more n more
VO: wow! Who are you clients?
VO: have you ever travelled outside Nigeria?
Me: yes, UAE & Saudi Arabia
VO: oh! Ok come back in bla bla bla to collect ur passport( couldn't hear the rest as I was super excited as she handed over the white sheet of paper)
Me: thank you (as I leave with a huge smile)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
Wifeysist:
Hello everyone, been a silent follower and had my interview today, so here goes my transcript
Me; bla bla bla
VO: okay, are u married? kiss
Me: yes kiss
VO: oh! Ok come back in bla bla bla to collect ur passport( couldn't hear the rest as I was super excited as she handed over the white sheet of paper)

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by reeq(m): 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
reeq:
Hello everyone. .

Pls when granted a u.s tourist visa for the first time,is it an offense not to travel on the date you filled out in your application?

Is it okay to travel anything time within the validity of the visa?

God bless you all. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 6:44pm On Mar 27, 2017
manigold:
Is the Graduation in early May?
If you miss the graduatiuon in early May, why then travel late May at all?
If you miss the original reason for travel, i think its better not to rush off in a few days or weeks after.
Truth is the POE is getting stricter by the day, dont arouse any unwanted attention.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CallmeTonight: 6:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
Wifeysist:
Me; bla bla bla
VO: okay, are u married?
Me: yes
So what home ties does this applicant has that those medical doctors weren't having?
I want to be honest with you there's no such thing as home ties. If there's my cousin who just started working and not married wouldn't have gotten a 2 year visa. I strongly believe that it's 70 percent dependent on your purpose of travel and how you carry your self at the interview, how you answer those questions. The VOs are human beings like us and also have sense of humor so how you answer those questions is really important

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.