Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530584 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by walesho(m): 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
Pls if you are asked what are your ltinerary? How will you answer thank u.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
CallmeTonight:

So what home ties does this applicant has that those medical doctors weren't having?
I want to be honest with you there's no such thing as home ties. If there's my cousin who just started working and not married wouldn't have gotten a 2 year visa. I strongly believe that it's 70 percent dependent on your purpose of travel and how you carry your self at the interview, how you answer those questions. The VOs are human beings like us and also have sense of humor so how you answer those questions is really important

You are getting it wrong completely about ties.

4 Tips to B1/B2 US Visa Approval

(1) Demonstrate you have no intent to live in the USA. Before the interview begins, the consular officer Automatically
assumes you want to migrate to the USA. It is up to you to prove that that is not the case. It is up to you to demonstrate you have many good reasons to return and enjoy your life in your home country. How do you do that? By proving you are grounded in your home country by an established career, by business or property Investments, by your family and/or professional or social networks all based outside the usa.

(2) Demonstrate you can afford the travel. How do you prove that? While it is true that a sponsor in the USA can offer to pay for your trip and expenses typically the consulate does not pay much attention to that when considering to approve or deny. Being able to pay for your own trip and having plenty left over when you return to home country makes your visa application much more likely to succeed.

(3) Prepare what you will say in advance. The consular officer interviews many candidates on the same day. He/she is busy and likely stressed, prepare what you will say to him to quickly summarize your situation. Prepare a 1 minute ''Elevator Speech''. Say what you plan to do while in the USA, and be sure to confirm why you will return who is paying for the trip.

(4) Appear well dressed, confident and poised. You probably have heard the story or know someone personally who during their interview were denied within moments of appearing before the consular officer with their stack of documents untouched and not even glanced at. This is because the consular officer is busy. At some embassies he may interview as many as 100 applicants in one day. As such he will often rely on visual clues to make his decision. If he feels an applicant doesn't quite ''look'' like a potential tourist and instead looks somehow urgent or desperate to get to the USA, he won’t bother to continue. It will be ''denied'' and ''next''. The way to handle this is to dress appropriately and be calm and confident. After all this interview is not a life altering event it is only an administrative step needed to be taken before going on holiday. Overall about 70% of visitor visas are approved so if you are eligible and you follow these tips you should have a good chance of getting your Visa approved. Enjoy your holiday to the USA.

So don't get it twisted. Ties is not only about getting married and having children in your home country.

In addition, I assume some people think that visa officer is the first and only person who looks into your application, while your interview is in progress. As per my understanding and experience, US Embassy starts your background check the moment your online application DS-160 is submitted(3–7 days before the actual interview). By the time you come for the interview, a brief analysis has already been done on your background, on your work experience(Whether it is fake or actual), on where are you heading to in the USA, database check with Canada/Australia/NZ etc (if required) etc.

Some of the people believe US Visa is all luck. Well let me tell you that it is not all luck. It is based on a detailed analysis and algorithms to approve/disapprove visa for a particular candidate. Also depends on how the person handles interview and whether candidate’s intentions are genuine or not! If you don’t get a visa does not mean you or your intentions are fake. It might simply mean you were not able to justify the officer. Visa officer’s don’t issue a visa if there is even 1% doubt.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CallmeTonight: 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
dotcomnamename:

You are getting it wrong completely about ties.

4 Tips to B1/B2 US Visa Approval

(1) Demonstrate you have no intent to live in the USA. Before the interview begins, the consular officer Automatically
assumes you want to migrate to the USA. It is up to you to prove that that is not the case. It is up to you to demonstrate you have many good reasons to return and enjoy your life in your home country. How do you do that? By proving you are grounded in your home country by an established career, by business or property Investments, by your family and/or professional or social networks all based outside the usa.

(2) Demonstrate you can afford the travel. How do you prove that? While it is true that a sponsor in the USA can offer to pay for your trip and expenses typically the consulate does not pay much attention to that when considering to approve or deny. Being able to pay for your own trip and having plenty left over when you return to home country makes your visa application much more likely to succeed.

(3) Prepare what you will say in advance. The consular officer interviews many candidates on the same day. He/she is busy and likely stressed, prepare what you will say to him to quickly summarize your situation. Prepare a 1 minute ''Elevator Speech''. Say what you plan to do while in the USA, and be sure to confirm why you will return who is paying for the trip.

(4) Appear well dressed, confident and poised. You probably have heard the story or know someone personally who during their interview were denied within moments of appearing before the consular officer with their stack of documents untouched and not even glanced at. This is because the consular officer is busy. At some embassies he may interview as many as 100 applicants in one day. As such he will often rely on visual clues to make his decision. If he feels an applicant doesn't quite ''look'' like a potential tourist and instead looks somehow urgent or desperate to get to the USA, he won’t bother to continue. It will be ''denied'' and ''next''. The way to handle this is to dress appropriately and be calm and confident. After all this interview is not a life altering event it is only an administrative step needed to be taken before going on holiday. Overall about 70% of visitor visas are approved so if you are eligible and you follow these tips you should have a good chance of getting your Visa approved. Enjoy your holiday to the USA.

So don't get it twisted. Ties is not only about getting married and having children in your home country.

I really think it's you that do not understand about this ties thing. Judging by the last two transcripts how did the approved applicant prove home ties? You have to understand that the 214 B is generic. If ties ties then I don't think young, single, unemployed, people with no properties and those that don't dress well will get approved. It's mostly dependent on the purpose of travel and how to carry your self at the interview. My cousin was approved in February. He got the passport in January specifically for this trip. No wife, just started working, parents are the ones sponsoring the trip. He was able to speak clearly and not get intensed. He was asked five questions and was approved. You also have to accept that the VOs are human beings and as human beings we see things differently. Maybe my cousin would have been refused by a different VO. That's why when you're refused a visa and you reapply a different VO will look into your case.
There's no such thing as ties . Be able to defend what's on your form and have an interactive session with the VO and then thank me later

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Wifeysist(f): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
CallmeTonight:

So what home ties does this applicant has that those medical doctors weren't having?
I want to be honest with you there's no such thing as home ties. If there's my cousin who just started working and not married wouldn't have gotten a 2 year visa. I strongly believe that it's 70 percent dependent on your purpose of travel and how you carry your self at the interview, how you answer those questions. The VOs are human beings like us and also have sense of humor so how you answer those questions is really important
Sir I am a registered surveyor, I run my business and make good profit,all with genuine evidences, wouldn't leave my firm that I've put in so much into cos of a us trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
CallmeTonight:

I really think it's you that do not understand about this ties thing. Judging by the last two transcripts how did the approved applicant prove home ties? You have to understand that the 214 B is generic. If ties ties then I don't think young, single, unemployed, people with no properties and those that don't dress well will get approved. It's mostly dependent on the purpose of travel and how to carry your self at the interview. My cousin was approved in February. He got the passport in January specifically for this trip. No wife, just started working, parents are the ones sponsoring the trip. He was able to speak clearly and not get intensed. He was asked five questions and was approved. You also have to accept that the VOs are human beings and as human beings we see things differently. Maybe my cousin would have been refused by a different VO. That's why when you're refused a visa and you reapply a different VO will look into your case.
There's no such thing as ties . Be able to defend what's on your form and have an interactive session with the VO and then thank me later

You said ''There's no such thing as ties''

''No wife, just started working'' Is work a tie or not?? Lol

Ok, i agree with you. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CallmeTonight: 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
Wifeysist:

Sir I am a registered surveyor, I run my business and make good profit,all with genuine evidences, wouldn't leave my firm that I've put in so much into cos of a us trip.
They are also both Medical doctors and it's also a tie I think. Medical doctors are highly regarded here and in the US. So I don't think the VO thought they will abscond. You got travel history to Dubai and SA and they do too. I don't know how they faired at the interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
My honourable people! Seyewest, ladyG and all the gurus in the house, please come to my rescue!
I filled and submitted my DS160 without uploading a photo because my photo dint meet the requirements. I had the intention of snapping a professional photo to take to the interview.

I finally scheduled my interview for April 10, den I discovered that if photo isn't uploaded I will be sent back on my interview date. Please how do I come out from this web? How do I reaccess my DS160 to upload the specified passport and get my DS160 confirmation page ready for my interview.
Thanks for the anticipated help!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:40pm On Mar 27, 2017
Wifeysist:
Hello everyone, been a silent follower and had my interview today, so here goes my transcript

VO: oh! Ok come back in bla bla bla to collect ur passport( couldn't hear the rest as I was super excited as she handed over the white sheet of paper)
Me: thank you (as I leave with a huge smile)
Congrats
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
CallmeTonight:

I get what you're saying and Docs with less qualification get US visa I think it's the V.O decision mostly before we shift attention to Home ties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
arclexical:
My honourable people! Seyewest, ladyG and all the gurus in the house, please come to my rescue!
I filled and submitted my DS160 without uploading a photo because my photo dint meet the requirements. I had the intention of snapping a professional photo to take to the interview.

I finally scheduled my interview for April 10, den I discovered that if photo isn't uploaded I will be sent back on my interview date. Please how do I come out from this web? How do I reaccess my DS160 to upload the specified passport and get my DS160 confirmation page ready for my interview.
Thanks for the anticipated help!
check the last 10 pages for solution and clarification.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 11:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
Bro...I had already scheduled interview before discovering dat d photo is a must-a new rule. The solutions on d last 10pages doesn't seen to address my problem cos I am still confuse, dnt wana make any further mistakes. Just help me out if you have the information. Thank you.
seyewest:
check the last 10 pages for solution and clarification.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
CallmeTonight:

They are also both Medical doctors and it's also a tie I think. Medical doctors are highly regarded here and in the US. So I don't think the VO thought they will abscond. You got travel history to Dubai and SA and they do too. I don't know how they faired at the interview.

Did you notice the one group were intent on making the trip together while the other was leaving a "major" tie back home which was likely a difference maker? Wriggling through that question of why the husband wasn't on the trip with her got me on the edge reading her transcript, I actually didn't expect that answer to fly, really, and it did! Tie-wise, these are people enjoying different advantages and disadvantages. Do you know the further info on these two groups available to the VO? Remember, transcripts as put up here aren't always the way they may have happened exactly or as they seem. If misrepresentation sticks on you ehn, you will understand! The travel histories, by the way, any idea if extras entered? Remember the VO told us some time ago how easy some fakes are to see through (e.g. a UAE entry stamp, and the other woman that common Ghana trip fake stamp got her into visa refusal)? #WatchItPlease

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
Wifeysist:
Hello everyone, been a silent follower and had my interview today, so here goes my transcript
VO: gd morning madam
Me: gd morning

VO: oh! Ok come back in bla bla bla to collect ur passport( couldn't hear the rest as I was super excited as she handed over the white sheet of paper)
Me: thank you (as I leave with a huge smile)

Congrats Sis! Really would have been good if you undid all of those "bla, bla, bla" thingy to at least an understandable and relatable level though.... Doing so, your transcript's help could be used easily subsequently by others, dont you think? Once more, congrats.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 12:04am On Mar 28, 2017
Can one schedule appointment on the clickable light blue dates?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:29am On Mar 28, 2017
arclexical:
Bro...I had already scheduled interview before discovering dat d photo is a must-a new rule. The solutions on d last 10pages doesn't seen to address my problem cos I am still confuse, dnt wana make any further mistakes. Just help me out if you have the information. Thank you.
I sincerely doubt u have bothered to read because I myself answered this same ish a few pages back...
#hardworkpays
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:04am On Mar 28, 2017
1. She's married.

2. Its illegal to get married to another person in the US, while still married to someone in Nigeria i.e POLYGAMY IS A CRIME. If you must get married to someone in the US, you must initiate divorce in Nigeria in person and then your new proposed spouse will appeal for a new type of visa for you.

3. And I am guessing that they have been married for a long time.

4. She has probably worked for a long time at her place of work.

5. She was able to explain why she was going alone.

6. Strong ties still matter. As much as honesty, clarity and composure.

CallmeTonight:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:07am On Mar 28, 2017
Where will you be visiting in the US.

walesho:
Pls if you are asked what are your ltinerary? How will you answer thank u.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Believe13: 7:49am On Mar 28, 2017
Pls, what are the chances of a woman traveling with just her and child for holiday. I was told its better to go with your husband .

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Hi There!
I would like to point out that marriage is a very strong index to a significant tie, infact it is a primary tie, if it is proven as genuine and legal.
So yes! a married individual has stronger significant ties than a single individual, given they are both of a similar status i.e a married student and a single student, have a common status but different profiles.
So it actually plays to your favour if you are married esp with kids (more ties).
A good Travel history helps, as it justifies your intent of return esp since every NIV applicant is regarded as a potential immigrant, but usually does not constitute a tie on it's own- it's more of a hint to a tie, but not a tie.
Here's a throwback at My first denial at the US embassy;
I was about 17 or 18, but I had a strong travel history of which included the UK, France, Hungary, Holland, Zambia and the Caribbeans, also uniquely then I was on two passports already, regardless of my young age. Plus my rather strong cockney accent I couldn't turn off (unlike now grin) everyone was shocked I got flatout denied... as per say I was an Ajebo grin
(This was around 2003 or thereabout but it's been a looooong time ago)

Vo: Hello
Me:Hi Goodmorning
Vo:Where are you going?
Me:bleep USA
Vo:Alone?
Me:yes
Vo: Tell me Why? (Caught his interest)
Me: for a Christmas holiday bleep...
Vo: have you travelled alone before?
Me: Yes and I drive alone as well *being smug*
Vo: ok champ, nothing on you *smiles and flips my passports as I pass them to him*
Vo: You were in France?
Me: for a spell...
Vo: Speaks to me in French
Me: I answered
Vo:What do your dad and mum do for a living?
Me: Dads a ... Mums a ...
Vo: Where are they?
Me: Not in Nigeria
Vo: so what do you do?
Me: 1st year student at bleep uni

Vo: look son, hate to do this to you but unfortunately... at that point all I heard is *mwop mwop mwop mwop*... I was livid because he stamped the "Application received" on my passport, no visa.

He told me I had limited ties to Nigeria because my parents were not even in Nigeria and I was yet to establish my own ties, mheeeeen. Only me didn't go to USA that year.
The embassy actually called my mum to inform her I wasn't eligible for an NIV based on Section 214b. The lady who was sitting near me wishing she had one of my passports eventually got the visa on a new passport. #oh might I add, she was a full time housewife from what I recall correctly.

What am I saying; sometimes travel history isn't enough. People still get denied with formidable travel histories. It boils down to primary ties et al of which employment and marital status can define.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Believe13: 7:52am On Mar 28, 2017
Pls, what are the chances of a woman traveling with just her and child for holiday. I was told its better to go with your husband . hubby is very busy now with some project.

Pls I need your kind advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sammyacbxyz: 9:27am On Mar 28, 2017
please, I have been denied Canada study visa twice, 2016 and January 2017 and I am in the Canada express entry pool. I want to apply for US visit visa just to cool off during my annual leave this year.

Will my Canada experience affect my US visa application?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 10:24am On Mar 28, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
please, I have been denied Canada study visa twice, 2016 and January 2017 and I am in the Canada express entry pool. I want to apply for US visit visa just to cool off during my annual leave this year.

Thank you

shocked shocked shocked

YOU ARE FANTASTICALLY TOO DESPERATE !

Calm down! haba, let the refusal letters rest now! Stop wasting your money for now. Give it gap.

My 2cent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sammyacbxyz: 10:54am On Mar 28, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy
You re so wrong! I really have nothing on USA. Canada is where I want to be and will get it. They accept my professional qualifications and experience as a skilled worker on like the US where I will have to do menial jobs. Will never do that.

I just want to visit the US in 3rd quarter this year on vacation. I have an ok job and can afford the visit.

dotcomnamename:

shocked shocked shocked

YOU ARE FANTASTICALLY TOO DESPERATE !

Calm down! haba, let the refusal letters rest now! Stop wasting your money for now. Give it gap.

My 2cent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:04am On Mar 28, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
You re so wrong! I really have nothing on USA. Canada is where I want to be and will get it. They accept my professional qualifications and experience as a skilled worker on like the US where I will have to do menial jobs. Will never do that.

I just want to visit the US in 3rd quarter this year on vacation. I have an ok job and can afford the visit.

shocked Oga, surely YOU ARE FANTASTICALLY TOO DESPERATE, truely! grin

Study visa twice, indeed! And nothing on US, okay, we hear!

You can now quarrel with your keyboard if you so desire.... #Shior

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sammyacbxyz: 11:18am On Mar 28, 2017
Why are u judging me like this? lol. if u are not desperate, what are u doing here? a VO? Just thinking tho.

Anyway, desperate for Canada? yes! but not the US. Our goals are different bro. Besides, 5 of my 7 family members have a US visa and they all live and work here in Naija. Only visit occasionally.

If you 'advice' that the VO may assume I am desperate and refuse my application then that's reasonable.

OmoBendel24:

shocked Oga, surely YOU ARE FANTASTICALLY TOO DESPERATE, truely! grin

Study visa twice, indeed! And nothing on US, okay!

You can now quarrel with your keyboard if you so desire.... #Shior

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 11:45am On Mar 28, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

You still don't get it? Irrespective where you personally wish to reside. Your visa refusal record with the US and your intention of reapplying so quick is = ''YOU ARE FANTASTICALLY TOO DESPERATE''. I'm only saying you should take it easy with them, don't rush them since you have good alternative. You will get your visa but try to apply wisdom. Goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
Why are u judging me like this? lol. if u are not desperate, what are u doing here? a VO? Just thinking tho.

Anyway, desperate for Canada? yes! but not the US. Our goals are different bro. Besides, 5 of my 7 family members have a US visa and they all live and work here in Naija. Only visit occasionally.

If you 'advice' that the VO may assume I am desperate and refuse my application then that's reasonable.

OGA, I know US (which I believe you need her visa for reasons much more than you said here, na way to Canada you dey carve) is a route to Canada (which you've agreed to being desperate about), and I of course understand your predicament. It all amounts to DESPERATION in sum total at the end of the day however you may polish it! I don talk my own finish....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sammyacbxyz: 12:22pm On Mar 28, 2017
US visitors visa is not a route to Canada unless u are trying to immigrate illegally. Prof., be informed. Thanks for ur input tho

OmoBendel24:

OGA, I know US (which I believe you need her visa for reasons much more than you said here, na way to Canada you dey carve) is a route to Canada (which you've agreed to being desperate about), and I of course understand your predicament. It all amounts to DESPERATION in sum total at the end of the day however you may polish it! I don talk my own finish....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2017
No. As of now the US Visa form does not have a question about being refused a visa before in another country, outside the US. I will however recommend that you be consistent and honest in the information that you fill in, as the US-Canada do share information, about applicants for security purposes.
All the best.

sammyacbxyz:

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Believe13: 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Believe13: 1:10pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pls, what are the chances of a woman traveling with just her and child for holiday. I was told its better to go with your husband . hubby is very busy now with some project.

Pls I need your kind advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by banks101: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
seyewest:
I get what you're saying and Docs with less qualification get US visa I think it's the V.O decision mostly before we shift attention to Home ties.
I think the VO is just wicked cos he refused all the four people people went to him before me.he looks german, for confidence and presentation I give my wife and I A+ cos we are used to daily clinical presentations and interact with hundreds of face weekly a patients.What tie does he want must one have a child?what if one has been having difficulty achieving pregnancy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by banks101: 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
I think the VO is just wicked cos he refused all the four people people went to him before me.he looks german, for confidence and presentation I give my wife and I A+ cos we are used to daily clinical presentations and interact with hundreds of face weekly a patients.What tie does he want must one have a child?what if one has been having difficulty achieving pregnancy

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.