Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530631 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by banks101: 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. She's married.

2. Its illegal to get married to another person in the US, while still married to someone in Nigeria i.e POLYGAMY IS A CRIME. If you must get married to someone in the US, you must initiate divorce in Nigeria in person and then your new proposed spouse will appeal for a new type of visa for you.

3. And I am guessing that they have been married for a long time.

4. She has probably worked for a long time at her place of work.

5. She was able to explain why she was going alone.

6. Strong ties still matter. As much as honesty, clarity and composure.

The VO and tie sha
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Believe13: 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pls somebody help me out!

Pls, what are the chances of a woman traveling with just her and child for holiday. I was told its better to go with your husband . hubby is very busy now with some project.

Pls I need your kind advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
Believe13:

Pls somebody help me out!

Pls, what are the chances of a woman traveling with just her and child for holiday. I was told its better to go with your husband . hubby is very busy now with some project.

Pls I need your kind advice

Whew!!! Chances aren't ever clear cut.... Loads of indices and variables come to play in even attempting such. Well, outside the stated, what do you think would go for you and what could also go against you? Just talk to us generally sha, particularly as regards why you think you MAY be qualified for a visa. Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by walesho(m): 9:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Where will you be visiting in the US.

But that word means an established line of access or travel
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Believe13: 10:13pm On Mar 28, 2017
I want to apply for me and my child. But was told if you are going with your husband to tue embassy your chances of getting the visa is high.

Pls I just need your advice which is better ,if I should convince my husband to apply too.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

OmoBendel24:

Whew!!! Chances aren't ever clear cut.... Loads of indices and variables come to play in even attempting such. Well, outside the stated, what do you think would go for you and what could also go against you? Just talk to us generally sha, particularly as regards why you think you MAY be qualified for a visa. Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
walesho:
Pls if you are asked what are your ltinerary? How will you answer thank u.
itinerary is basically your travel plane especially with plane... e.g my itinerary is Lagos-Dubai-Newyork-dubai-lagos with time and date of the flight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Believe13: 10:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
Further to the above.

I was thinking if my husband is not going with me that's enough reason I will be coming back. I don't intend to stay , highest two weeks.

Thanks omobendel
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by inikamoze(m): 11:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
I intend to apply for a US Visit visa(B2) so my family & I can go have a family vacation in the states. My family comprises of Me, my wife and our 9months old son. I want to know if my son would need an individual passport before I could apply for the visit visa?
Secondly, if he would be needing a passport, his surname would be different from ours, He bears my father's first name {e.g. Sunday}as his last name on his birth certificate (we did this so as for him to carry on my late father's name, normal African tradition) while my wife and I bears my father's last name(e.g Chukwuma) as our last name/surname). What do you advice?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:56am On Mar 29, 2017
inikamoze:
I intend to apply for a US Visit visa(B2) so my family & I can go have a family vacation in the states. My family comprises of Me, my wife and our 9months old son. I want to know if my son would need an individual passport before I could apply for the visit visa?
Secondly, if he would be needing a passport, his surname would be different from ours, He bears my father's first name {e.g. Sunday}as his last name on his birth certificate (we did this so as for him to carry on my late father's name, normal African tradition) while my wife and I bears my father's last name(e.g Chukwuma) as our last name/surname). What do you advice?
Brother. For your own good, invest some time reading the US embassy website and this thread. How do we say it? 'Chuwa ewu ojii na ututu' . Your ist question is so elementary it shows you have put in little effort.
1. Every human being needs an an individual int. Passport , whether 1 hour old or a hundred years.
2. You can do whatever your family wants. However, the tricky part is convincing the vo about your real relationship with the child. Same surname is usually the easiest way to start proving paternity/maternity of a child. When the names are different, the burden becomes higher. If you can verily prove that the child belongs to you, cool. Remember, the burden is on you and the vo may not ask.
But these are the little things that the vo will look at in one minute and make up his mind.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:05am On Mar 29, 2017
Believe13:
I want to apply for me and my child. But was told if you are going with your husband to tue embassy your chances of getting the visa is high.

Pls I just need your advice which is better ,if I should convince my husband to apply too.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Nobody can predict chances. PLEASE sister, stop asking that.
What you can do however is go through the thread and read transcripts. And create your probability based on that.
Married women have applied alone.
Married women have applied with their kids
Married women have applied with husbands and kids.
Some have been denied, some refused. Everything boils down to how prepared you are and how you convince the VO. Stop asking for 'prepared answers'. Why isn't your husband going with you? That's a question personal to your family. Tell the vo exactly that. Don't copy.
Take for example, my husband may decide not to travel with me cos he has a music competetion same time I want to travel. That's pretty specific to my home, you can't copy that reason can you?
Take time out, read. Be familiar with the Frequently asked questions. Be prepared with honest answers. Pick up tips from here and your chances increase

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Believe13: 2:46am On Mar 29, 2017
OK. Thanks

LadyGuinivere:

Nobody can predict chances. PLEASE sister, stop asking that.
What you can do however is go through the thread and read transcripts. And create your probability based on that.
Married women have applied alone.
Married women have applied with their kids
Married women have applied with husbands and kids.
Some have been denied, some refused. Everything boils down to how prepared you are and how you convince the VO. Stop asking for 'prepared answers'. Why isn't your husband going with you? That's a question personal to your family. Tell the vo exactly that. Don't copy.
Take for example, my husband may decide not to travel with me cos he has a music competetion same time I want to travel. That's pretty specific to my home, you can't copy that reason can you?
Take time out, read. Be familiar with the Frequently asked questions. Be prepared with honest answers. Pick up tips from here and your chances increase
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by efavour: 3:22am On Mar 29, 2017
Thanks to everyone that has made this thread worth reading. It's because of you guys i escaped agents fee though i used them to get quicker appointment date. My mum got her visa approved today. She will be picking up her passport on the coming monday.
She said they didnt ask her much nor did they request for any document.

They asked whats she going to us to do?
Going to be with my daughter who will soon put to bed
How many kids do you have?
Who will pay for your flight? Finish
Visa granted. Anyways she is 61yrs. That must count for something.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nosamj: 11:22am On Mar 29, 2017
Good day my people my visa was rejected withing two mint..... Vo. Passport pls. Me .gave her my pass vo.why are u going to new us. Me. For vacation. Vo have u trave before. Me yes to south Africa. Vo have u marrid me yes with two kids vo are they twin me yes vo. What does ur wife do. Me I told her not to work. Vo why. Me cos I can take care of her. Next thing she gave me a pink paper ....pls my people what went wrong
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by meggy11: 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
pls guys is there a new way for US visa application? trying to fill the Ds160 form online but its not opening. I want to renew my visa. Please guys help me out because my visa fee will soon expire. waiting for responses, thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by general1970: 2:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
nosamj:
Good day my people my visa was rejected withing two mint..... Vo. Passport pls. Me .gave her my pass vo.why are u going to new us. Me. For vacation. Vo have u trave before. Me yes to south Africa. Vo have u marrid me yes with two kids vo are they twin me yes vo. What does ur wife do. Me I told her not to work. Vo why. Me cos I can take care of her. Next thing she gave me a pink paper ....pls my people what went wrong

1. Are you married? Yes (And VO didn't ask you to name how many kids)
2. You told VO you don't want your wife to work cos you can take care of her? This is modern world, they will tame you as a being from Arab countries (Selfish and self-centered people). If the VO is a lady she will be furious.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by doctor108: 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello house! Am new here. I have been following this thread for about two weeks! Salute to ladyguniverse!
I had my visa interview yesterday 28th March for a US B1/B2 visa to visit my fiancée in the US. I had the interview in Abuja. I witnessed about 15 interviews. (No hiding Abeg you go dey hear wetin everybody they talk. I was denied and handed the green form section 214(b) you are ineligible blah blah .... you can reapply when circumstances have changed) my circumstances will surely change I will tell you why. It was a very interesting experience for me and I learnt so much standing and listening to those interviews. Those VOs are well trained and they have so many info about you about your previous travels and some people about 3 couples were told to sit somewhere and they were later called and after so much talk were denied. No body can explain the experience to you! You need to try your luck in person to have a good feel.
I will drop my interview transcript and some others I heard. Trust me I don zero mind say my chance na 2% lol Are you asking why? Good let me tell you why
1. Most answers to my questions are red flags to a visitor trust me. Chap guy wan run. Lol
2. I was not ready to lie apart from being a professional with a lot of opportunities. Also most info on my form and my answers will come up in future cos I will still face them over and over( you will soon know why). And I also want those stuffs on record.(you will soon know why)
Those guys are willing to know you before they issue you a visa even before trump! They know that person over there that invited you and can pull up their info but they don't know yours. They want you to build it without lying. Demonstrate more ties, that's why they will tell you can reapply. They are willing to pile up your info to an extent and ask you over an over before trusting you. Note what you filled the first time and stick to it. If you are denied don't take your mind of the info you submitted. Keep your records and consult that record before reapplying because some people that yesterday messed up with previous infos. You go fear couples wey no remember say dem no get job 2014 when they first applied. Out of the 15 before me, attending conferences, visiting families, students, honey moon, and previous visitors, only one old woman from Ekiti (the children were telling her what to say. Over and over before we went in) she should be over 70yrs rugged trader. she was interviewed by the guy who interviewed me. She used a Yoruba interpreter and bingo she got the white paper! She was still arguing with the vo after getting the white paper speaking yoruba saying Oga where I go collect my passport! The vo called the interpreter back to explain and the vo could not stop laughing! The woman serious about her passport oh lol
Now my story!
I am a medical doctor( fresh out of school inducted into the profession Oct 2016) Will be 34 in May. while in med school I had a son ( 5yrs in May 2017) the mum moved on in 2015 feb cos I could not finish med school ontime. Her moving on and inability to see or talk to my son and after over 4 years of dating with a flamboyant introduction in 2011 made me fail my final exams in June 2015. I was so depressed! June ending 2015 I met a lady online she is African American and a health professional like me. We got talking and the first thing I told her was wooos wobi "I have a son who then was 3yrs plus! She was so happy to hear me say the truth and joked even guys over there will never say such. I said as for me oh na say the truth and die oh! We were talking almost everyday for about 3 months! I asked her out on Skype and we started dating!! (She sent me the toasting video of 2015 in 2016) didn't know she recorded it lol Remember I was repeating my final year so it was tough! 6hrs difference and we were both busy but we didn't stop talking every day. In December 2016 after almost a year and half dating, I sent the necessary documents to her to visit me she was busy remember I just finished med school and begged me to visit. I said it would be difficult. She got a Nigerian visa and January 2017 she landed in Abuja and she said now we will have to abandon the hotel we booked in Abuja and start visiting every member of my family I told her about from A to Z thank God I didn't lie! Oya we travelled 8hr by road to the East to me see my Aunty and her family, I tried to scare her that going to the west to see my parents will be difficult she said no lele we must go. Next thing we were sitting next to my parents. I had already to them about her early 2016. We visited 2 other places in the west. We got engaged and she left after 2 week. Our wedding is scheduled for September 2017 she wanted to file for a fiancé visa so I can enter US to marry her. I said No! Why? Because I have a mandatory 1 year housemanship which will give me a permanent license to practice medicine anywhere in the world after passing the necessary exams. A fiancé visa will take me to us I won't be able to come back and fulfill the housemanship obligation and might have to run the final year of medical school again. Mind you the fiancé visa will take 6-8 months. More so I can't get married without my family attending all of them. She wanted the traditional wedding cos she has been watching too many nollywood movies. The fiancé visa will take 6-8 months, I cannot leave this country without my permanent medical license lai lai (with wetin my eye don see for medical school) which I can't get until I finish house job and she wants a traditional marriage and everything. I advised she should talk to her family maybe the wedding could take place in Nigeria. After so much persuasion they agreed to come to Nigeria for the wedding. Wedding date fixed for September in Lagos and traditional in my home state. Preparations in top gear invitations printed, her bridal shower fixed for May. I never travel like I dey waka this country now for my life on top the wedding. Currently I have not started my house job will resume Apri 2017. Will be about 5 months on my house job by the time of the wedding. Gbaaam the family said in early March 2017 that I should visit abi dem no get right to see who their daughter wan marry? So I filled a DS-160 and booked an appointment! Where is my B1/B2
Got to Abuja from Lagos tired on 27th march a day before the interview of yesterday. I for don put interview for Lagos but I didn't know I would be in Lagos around that time ! Busy busy! I slept in Garki not too far from the US embassy in Abuja. Woke up after failing to even fall asleep checking forum for tips. Woke up 6am for my 7:30am interview. Took a taxi to the embassy and some guys wey dey outside dey hustle just mob me with their staplers, camera, bros woos passport 4 for 1500 naira, stapler and arrangement of documents 300 naira. One woman arranged plastic chairs and persuaded me to sit and after sitting she said 200 naira lol. From the security post the started calling us 7.30am ...... 7:30am we stand and they picked 10 females and 10 males! (I guess early interview na bad luck we were 120 for 7:30am).

After security check and screening I finally entered for documentation confirmation etc. I am a doctor so I was putting on a suit with tie dressed up like tetracycline capsule lol. Many Nigerians are working in the embassy!!!! I fear sef CGi, interpreters etc. after fingerprinting I was told to stand in line. If you have been there before you will know that it's not about dressing oh!

My transcript below!!!!!!!

Me; A beautiful morning to you (with a short smile)
VO: passport please
Me.... for my mind omo this na die..... the guy was facially hostile
VO; where did you attend medical school
Me; I answered with pride
VO; looking at the screen (I stood like rock looking at his face like a military guy)
VO: are you employed currently?
Me: No!
VO: have you ever travelled to any country before
Me: No!
VO: Who is paying for this trip
Me: I mentioned my fiancée name
VO; Who is this person to you
Me; She is my fiancée (confidently)
VO; laughs in mockery ... uhhm you fiancée ( I want that on the record! Cos in September she will be a spouse! Officially) probably he was thinking I don catch am he was going to the United States to marry her.
VO; How did you meet this person
Me: we met online in June 2015
VO: Have you met this person one on one before?
Me; yes she came in January 2017 for 2 weeks, met my family we got engaged
VO: why are you visiting US?
Me: To visit my fiancées family members my would be in laws we are getting married here in Nigeria come September
VO; reaching for the green paper as I was talking. Finally he got hold of the paper! Ehhh what is the assurance that you will come back after your visit?
Me: I am a fresh medical graduate and I currently hold a provisional medical license that will expire Dec 2017 hence I need to get on my mandatory 1 year internship/house job after which I would get the permanent license to practice medicine. I have interviewed in about 3 federal hospitals and am awaiting call up. (I didn't want to say anything about me having a son blah blah cos the boy is with his mum who took him away and his birth certificate not with me! I had pictures of me and my son in my file!)
VO: I am sorry we can't give you a visa now
Me: smiles ...... thank you.

I had a huge file full of documents her every documents, affidavit of support, hotel booking, my certificate and all! I already read that documents don't matter. While standing I saw a beautiful sign on the wall like a painting stating which documents you need to hand over to the vo. B1B2 bro it's just your passport! Clearly written and I hear almost all the vos saying never mind I don't want to see that ..... please keep that ..... no documents pls blah blah blah. I didn't even bother to open the file. I wanted to word with him which I did and was happy. The vos was busy typing all my answers!
Before going for the interview I told my fiancée that we won't be pissed if I don't get the visa and that I will Chanel my energy and preparation into our planning. So when I told her I was denied we were quick to shake it off. I told her see you in September She said nope she will be in Nigeria June to greet her in laws again cos she still has a valid Nigerian Visa! The denial saved us $1500 air fare at least and BTA and ample time to focus on my scheduled job interviews and time to focus on the planing towards the wedding. I feel sick already running around! Lol
Honey moon planned for Munich in Germany cos I support Bayern Munich football club. (She dey wonder why we Nigerians like soccer) I sha convince her say na Munich. Now we are thinking of the honey moon in the USA cos many of her family members won't be able to make it and I still need to meet them. She and her family members have booked their tickets to Nigeria since Late February. She is scheduled to leave for US 15th September. Now we want to leave together. By 10th of September God willing we ll be married. Now I will have to apply for the B1B2 again so we can travel back together for the honeymoon!

Now they gave me a paper that says you can apply again when your circumstances have changed!
Let me highlight things that will change by then!
1. Now single, then I will be married to a Citizen
2. Now jobless, I will be about 5 months into a job half way into my internship which I need to complete to get my full license (professional tie)
3. Now no money to sponsor my trip, then I ll be on almost 190k salary monthly (federal medical center) then I have a job that can make me come back (economic tie)
4. Then I can say I have a son to come back to (family tie)
5. I will be able to get a letter from my employer that I have been given a 2 week leave (professional tie)
If after all that they still refuse me, life will still go on! Am tough and prepared for that! Med school prepared me!

House please point to where I made a mistake and advice on my future plans. Also advice me whether by that September we should book my flight and book and pay for where we will stay for the honeymoon. We are looking at Hawaii, etc.

I will update with the transcript of the other interviews!
Thanks

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
LOOOL!
Are you kidding me?!
What does your wife do? I told her not to work, why? because I can take care of her.
"AYE MI TEMI BAMI" as the saying goes!
Apart from answering a question, you were not asked...that's where you also messed up.

nosamj:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
I can't imagine the look on the VO's face.

general1970:

1. Are you married? Yes (And VO didn't ask you to name how many kids)
2. You told VO you don't want your wife to work cos you can take care of her? This is modern world, they will tame you as a being from Arab countries (Selfish and self-centered people). If the VO is a lady she will be furious.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
doctor108:
Hello house! Am new here. I have been following this thread for about two weeks! Salute to ladyguniverse!
I had my visa interview yesterday 28th March for a US B1/B2 visa to visit my fiancée in the US. I had the interview in Abuja.

You post long fa!!!. In all it was a good experience and good you gave legit information about you.
My opinion would be, after the wedding, do not apply for visa because there is a higher chance of being refused, being married to a US citizen does not grant you visit visa automatically, it even makes it harder to get. They know you can easily adjust status stateside if visit visa is granted, and many people do this to jump the queue of waiting for an available immigrant visa number.
Let your fiancee( she will be your spouse by then) petition for an immigrant visa for you, if she has a good job, no crime records and pays her taxes, i can assure you than in less than 1 year and 5 months you will be in the USA with a green card and by then you would have completed your housemanship.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 4:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
nosamj:
lol, Oga you be proper African man... something like this would have sounded better "She does not work at the moment, as we both discussed and decided one parent should be home full time to care for the kids because they are still young, as my job pays more than her's, hence can carter for our needs, it was agreed i continue working while she makes the home"
With your answer you showed the VO that you are the sole decision maker in the family. Now you are travelling alone, you might get there and call your wife after deciding on your own to stay back in the USA. You defeated using them as a tie with that answer you gave.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by doctor108: 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
constance234:

You post long fa!!!. In all it was a good experience and good you gave legit information about you.
My opinion would be, after the wedding, do not apply for visa because there is a higher chance of being refused, being married to a US citizen does not grant you visit visa automatically, it even makes it harder to get. They know you can easily adjust status stateside if visit visa is granted, and many people do this to jump the queue of waiting for an available immigrant visa number.
Let your fiancee( she will be your spouse by then) petition for an immigrant visa for you, if she has a good job, no crime records and pays her taxes, i can assure you than in less than 1 year and 5 months you will be in the USA with a green card and by then you would have completed your housemanship.
Constance234! Thanks for your response it's up for consideration. She is clean and a health professional and pays her taxes. I painted this kind of a senario to her. I am a patient guy! I learnt to be in med school lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
doctor108:
I had my visa interview yesterday 28th March for a US B1/B2 visa to visit my fiancée in the US. I had the interview in Abuja. I witnessed about 15 interviews. (No hiding Abeg you go dey hear wetin everybody they talk. I was denied and handed the green form section 214(b) you are ineligible blah blah .... you can reapply when circumstances have changed) my circumstances will surely change I will tell you why. It was a very

I will update with the transcript of the other interviews!
Thanks

Wow... I gbadun your story oooo... but you need to do more research and also tell your fiancee to do more research.. Good luck in your endeavor.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
nosamj:

Too bad but you should travel out more with your wife and also you need to guide your tongue... what you said will be on your profile forever but it does not mean you won't get the U.S visa when something has change in your circumstance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
He will get the visa, when he appears at the next interview with his wife and she says she's now working LOOOOOOOOOOOL grin grin grin

seyewest:

Too bad but you should travel out more with your wife and also you need to guide your tongue... what you said will be on your profile forever but it does not mean you won't get the U.S visa when something has change in your circumstance.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
In my opinion, its not the 'wife not working ' thing' or 'feminism' that is the ish. We hve had transcripts from stay at home wives and they even got visas for birthing purposes. We need to understand that the application process is not just the interview; sometimes its just a formality.
1. The poster @nosamj in my opinion has not told the whole story. I feel he is one and the same person that misrepresented about being married with twins and was adviced by a ne'erdo well here to keep up with the lies.
2. The whole application/ties is taken as a whole. If dangote for example tells his wife not to work, will he be denied a visa? If on the other hand, a regular joe that earns 120k a month says they are surviving on his salary alone and on top of that wants to take vacay to the US, a refusal of visa is very reasonable.

The truth is that there is not sufficent info in that transcript to speculate. The poster should be honest to himself, evaluate his application (s) and get his house in order.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by doctor108: 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
seyewest:

Wow... I gbadun your story oooo... but you need to do more research and also tell your fiancee to do more research.. Good luck in your endeavor.
Thanks seyewest! We are always researching
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 7:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
Mama G, yeah you are right.. the answer was not just about working or feminism. He asked his wife not to work and now he is travelling alone without her and the kids. He clearly showed that he is the sole decision maker and for what its worth, the wife can not convince him to return home even if he decides to stay back.He was evaluated in a few minutes by the Vo and found wanting, i have learnt something being married and living here, when it comes to family matters its WE and not I. Haba they will even want Dangote to stay back and pump some money into uncle Sam's purse lol.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
constance234:

Had to quickly scroll back to see who this poster was. Wow! Na you, your head dey dia my broda.... Going through his transcript, though long but enjoyable, I concluded on what admonition to give. You in fact said all that went through my mind. Long story short, start prepping for and concentrating energy on an Immigrant Visa application, this will pay better, start on time @doctor108. But then, anything is possible too! Regards

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
In my opinion, its not the 'wife not working ' thing' or 'feminism' that is the ish. We hve had transcripts from stay at home wives and they even got visas for birthing purposes. We need to understand that the application process is not just the interview; sometimes its just a formality.
1. The poster @nosamj in my opinion has not told the whole story. I feel he is one and the same person that misrepresented about being married with twins and was adviced by a ne'erdo well here to keep up with the lies.
2. The whole application/ties is taken as a whole. If dangote for example tells his wife not to work, will he be denied a visa? If on the other hand, a regular joe that earns 120k a month says they are surviving on his salary alone and on top of that wants to take vacay to the US, a refusal of visa is very reasonable.

The truth is that there is not sufficent info in that transcript to speculate. The poster should be honest to himself, evaluate his application (s) and get his house in order.

Always, always on point! Greeting Sis.... Where's Chloe7? Been long I saw her trace around!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Had to quickly scroll back to see who this poster was. Wow! Na you, your head dey dia my broda.... Going through his transcript, though long but enjoyable, I concluded on what admonition to give. You in fact said all that went through my mind. Long story short, start prepping for and concentrating energy on an Immigrant Visa application, this will pay better, start on time @doctor108. But then, anything is possible too! Regards
My broda i greet you specially. Yeah anything is possible, just say no time to play kalo kalo with visa fee.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
nosamj:

LOL, saying that in front of a woman that's working and doing well for herself. American women take Feminism really seriously.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by democrat4: 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
FrontPageLawyer:
@Democrat4

Sorry for your ordeal, but I must tell you that the CBP officer was magnanimous not to have issued you an order of "expedited removal" because he/she has the authority to do so. The permission to withdraw your application for admission is a privilege and not a right.  It is solely within the discretion of the CBP officer.

Since you were allowed to voluntarily withdraw your application for admission which means you have not been banned and can re-apply at anytime even though it may raise concerns and questions by a consul. Be prepared to argue your case with your strong ties and hope for a visa officer that will be patient enough to listen to your stories at POE.

Why I won't blame your uncle is the lack of preparedness on your own part.

Did you call your "supposed host" a day to your arrival? Apparently you didn't, otherwise you should have been informed of their relocation and what have you. A hotel booking of less than 2 minutes would have been sufficient.

Why were you sent to secondary in the first instance? You must have given conflicting answers or CBP officer wasn't satisfied with your preliminary answers.

At secondary inspection; was there any incriminating messages found on your phone? What about your baggage? Any work document?

I need to ask because it is rear for a passenger with enough funds coming to the U.S on holiday be turned back at the ports.

You failed to prepare. Good luck reapplying
. The major issue was the man didn't make adequate arrangement for reception. I think it was as a result of the event that was taking place. However he has suggested he want to write a letter to homeland and the USA embassy in Nigeria explaining the situation and he wants to re-invite me in Dec. Is this the right thing to do, if not what is the best way for him to go about this. At least I want my name cleared with those homeland guys. Please @all will appreciate your response and advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.