Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530676 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
seyewest:
Some how I got the feeling that your intention is to migrate to U.S eventually reason why you made it known that he has 2 hospital.. Do you know it's illegal to work on a visit visa and also as for me I won't be able to help with your questions I don't know about others.
Good luck lipsrsealed

Eyes go soon clear the guy my broad, no shakes at all!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adeosas(f): 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
hello house I have been following this thread for a long time before I joined NL. I have a question to ask please i need urgent answer. I was denied USA visa last year though is tourist visa I applied for but in filling my form then, I use my brother in law as my sibling but he is a citizen,he got married to my Elder sis. Now my sis have a green card she is a certified nurse there Now she want to send me invitation to US because she will soon put to bed by June so she want me to come to US to take care of her first son my nephew and his newborn baby though my mum have gotten her own visa last year October for the Omugwo visit. I'm self Employed I have a business of my own which yield 150k every month but she will send me her husband bank statement and her own statement. Now my questions is: What are my chances of getting the visa time around ,secondly hope the won't ask me many questions in my previous form I stated that my brother in law is my sibling now I want to use my sis as my sibling in my new DS160 form.Thanks and God bless im waiting for your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
@Victor4FMLE

Most of the hospitals in the USA are owned by the HCA, government, communities, counties, Churches and Organizations. Your Uncle as an individual CANNOT own a HOSPITAL in the United States. Perhaps he owns his own CLINIC or a hospital BOARD MEMBER, yup. That is very possible.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
There we go.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by busybrain001(m): 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
Good day all, hv been a silent follower of this thread...
Went for my interview some days back...

My transcript below...

VO, morning
ME, morning
VO, why r u going to the US?
Me, (didn't hear him clearly, thought he asked where in the US am going to) so i told him California.
VO, why are u going to California
ME, I intend to spend my forthcoming leave in the US, and I will also be attending a convention...was about telling him the venue of the convention and the other places I plan to visit before he interupted me with the next question.
VO, what do you do,
Me, told him where I work and my position.
VO, do u know anyone in Cali?
ME, no
VO, are u married
ME, no, not yet, but very soon am actually engaged, so i told him am engaged.

Then he just brought out the blue paper and returned my passport...told me am not qualified.

I really do not know why I was refused, my intentions were genuine...I feel I wasn't giving the opportunity to explain myself.

PLZ I WANNA KNOW IF I CAN REAPPLY AGAIN IMMEDIATELY OR IF ITS A MUST FOR ME TO WAIT FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS BEFORE I CAN REAPPLY
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
nefertitiram:
@Victor4FMLE

Most of the hospitals in the USA are owned by the HCA, government, communities, counties, Churches and Organizations. Your Uncle as an individual CANNOT own a HOSPITAL in the United States. Perhaps he owns his own CLINIC or a hospital BOARD MEMBER, yup. That is very possible.

Really wow... I did not know ooooo we learn everyday sha

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
busybrain001:

My transcript below...

PLZ I WANNA KNOW IF I CAN REAPPLY AGAIN IMMEDIATELY OR IF ITS A MUST FOR ME TO WAIT FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS BEFORE I CAN REAPPLY

Most time when they grant applicant visa it's because they can defend the reason they granted the applicant visa to the applicant.. most people at the embassy that day will say almost the same thing you've said and guess what they will mostly be refused...while few applicant will have the same intention to visit California or other states and city and they will be given the visa.
This is the way I see it.. even when you have little or no ties you must be able to explain precisely why you're going to U.S,it's benefit and also chip in what you will learn about U.S while there.... This is a big turn on for most V.O because they are hearing something new which is a welcome development for me...
You know working as a V.O is monotonous and very boring sometimes this thread get boring so imagining hearing the same story e.g I'm traveling for conference,vacation,holiday all the time'' even if your purpose is for this reason make it worth listening to... give yourself a chance to be considered for U.S visit visa.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by busybrain001(m): 1:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
seyewest:

Most time when they grant applicant visa it's because they can defend the reason they granted the applicant visa to the applicant.. most people at the embassy that day will say almost the same thing you've said and guess what they will mostly be refused...while few applicant will have the same intention to visit California or other states and city and they will be given the visa.
This is the way I see it.. even when you have little or no ties you must be able to explain precisely why you're going to U.S,it's benefit and also chip in what you will learn about U.S while there.... This is a big turn on for most V.O because they are hearing something new which is a welcome development for me...
You know working as a V.O is monotonous and very boring sometimes this thread get boring so imagining hearing the same story e.g I'm traveling for conference,vacation,holiday all the time'' even if your purpose is for this reason make it worth listening to... give yourself a chance to be considered for U.S visit visa.

Thanks for your reply...I understand the need to convincingly explain to the VO why u need to visit the US...but in my own case, he didn't even give me the opportunity to explain myself...he interrupted me halfway, and didn't ask me anything again pertaining to why I wanna visit the US, or ask me questions to demonstrate my ties to Nigeria, apart from asking me if i am married.
Like I said, I don't think I was given a fair interview, and I will be reapplying immediately again as the convention is in July and I can still meet up with the deadline...
HOPE I CAN REAPPLY AGAIN IMMEDIATELY??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 1:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
No one can for sure tell you your chances of getting a visa, the VO decides that based on his discretion. Just be truthful as possible and explain yourself coherently...then the VO will decide whether you qualify or not.
Adeosas:
hello house I have been following this thread for a long time before I joined NL. I have a question to ask please i need urgent answer. I was denied USA visa last year though is tourist visa I applied for but in filling my form then, I use my brother in law as my sibling but he is a citizen,he got married to my Elder sis. Now my sis have a green card she is a certified nurse there Now she want to send me invitation to US because she will soon put to bed by June so she want me to come to US to take care of her first son my nephew and his newborn baby though my mum have gotten her own visa last year October for the Omugwo visit. I'm self Employed I have a business of my own which yield 150k every month but she will send me her husband bank statement and her own statement. Now my questions is: What are my chances of getting the visa time around ,secondly hope the won't ask me many questions in my previous form I stated that my brother in law is my sibling now I want to use my sis as my sibling in my new DS160 form.Thanks and God bless im waiting for your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
1. Your sister married a US citizen and now has a green card and is now a certified nurse, how did she enter the US?
2. Your mother already has a visa for the Omowugo.
3. You put your brother-in-law as a sibling and not your sister, why? can you give a very good reason as to why you hide the fact that you have a sister in the US?
4. NO DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR TOURISM VISA INTERVIEWS.
5 NO ONE KNOWS YOUR CHANCES, BUT YOU CAN IMPROVE THEM BY BEING HONEST, CONCISE AND PRECISE AND CONFIDENT AT THE INTERVIEW AND IN YOUR FORM.

Adeosas:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mankind9(m): 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
busybrain001:

perhaps the vo does not like your face....Don't mind me.. Do not apply anytime soon if you don't have anything important to do in the USA. Don't waste that 54k. Take your time to evaluate yourself and analyze your mistakes .

It might be that the vo is already getting tired. And your profile made it a bit easy for him to deny you... work on your ties....

Me don get denied two times before inbthe space of two weeks and i have made up my mind to wait for at least a year to reapply. GOD help us all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
busybrain001:

My transcript below...

VO, morning
ME, morning
VO, why r u going to the US?
Me, (didn't hear him clearly, thought he asked where in the US am going to) so i told him California.
VO, why are u going to California
ME, I intend to spend my forthcoming leave in the US, and I will also be attending a convention...was about telling him the venue of the convention and the other places I plan to visit before he interupted me with the next question.
In my own opinion you had alot on your plate, visiting and convention. Would have been more appropriate if you had explained better on one purpose of visit. Also i would not use my annual leave to attend a convention, no matter the convention because i should be taking time off and relaxing.So if i happen to be a Vo, that will make me wonder if the convention added to the visit is just you puffing the purpose to make the USA visa needed.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
seyewest:

Really wow... I did not know ooooo we learn everyday sha

wow, wow, wow... are you an ambulance! lolz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
Each time I tell folks that documents wont be needed, I remember when I went for my first interview and I went with plenty documents like I was going for documentation kai.
When I went for renewal, see as people were looking at me like I was crazy. I felt like Neo in Matrix.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
nefertitiram:

wow, wow, wow... are you an ambulance! lolz
police car with siren grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by busybrain001(m): 2:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
mankind9:

perhaps the vo does not like your face....Don't mind me.. Do not apply anytime soon if you don't have anything important to do in the USA. Don't waste that 54k. Take your time to evaluate yourself and analyze your mistakes .

It might be that the vo is already getting tired. And your profile made it a bit easy for him to deny you... work on your ties....

Me don get denied two times before inbthe space of two weeks and i have made up my mind to wait for at least a year to reapply. GOD help us all

Lol @ the VO does not like my face, well anything is possible....
Work on my ties?? He didn't even ask me anything about my ties...I Hv been to the UK twice in the space of 5 years even before I got my current job. if I didn't stay back in the UK during my visit then, when I was just fresh out of school, why should I stay back in the US now that I hv a job and am currently engaged

I will REAPPLY again immediately and hope I meet a VO who will give me the chance to explain myself, that's all I need, a chance to explain myself..

Thanks for your reply!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Each time I tell folks that documents wont be needed, I remember when I went for my first interview and I went with plenty documents like I was going for documentation kai.
When I went for renewal, see as people were looking at me like I was crazy. I felt like Neo in Matrix.

@the bolded, how and why?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by busybrain001(m): 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
constance234:

In my own opinion you had alot on your plate, visiting and convention. Would have been more appropriate if you had explained better on one purpose of visit. Also i would not use my annual leave to attend a convention, no matter the convention because i should be taking time off and relaxing.So if i happen to be a Vo, that will make me wonder if the convention added to the visit is just you puffing the purpose to make the USA visa needed.

Well, the VO has the right to wonder about my true intentions, but my worry is that he should hv giving me the opportunity to clarify any thing he is not so certain of, instead of just denying outrightly based on discretion...

Am going to Cali for a convention, and there is no way I would be in Cali and not visit tourist attractions...or is it wrong telling the VO about your whole body plans!??

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
I really want to understand the spirit behind this reapplying again immediately, it's so so prevalent! Can it not be dodged, must it be able to take over one? It has led to so many people dwindling their credibility and fortune because of the meaning read into it many a time - desperation.... I'm an advocate of taking time out to re-strategize and build better instead of rushing in the now to inadvertently spoil everything for the later!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
Because I wasn't carrying fat folder of documents. Just a slim file. I was forming cool but inside, me I was praying also.

OmoBendel24:
@the bolded, how and why?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
tolutayo:

Good morning all, God Bless all the members of this wonderful forum, I have been preping myself by reading your posts for Two(2) months now, Please I have a question and need your assistance

Prepping yourself by reading our posts for two months? And these questions still? Okay oh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Because I wasn't carrying fat folder of documents. Just a slim file. I was forming cool but inside, me I was praying also.

In essence you were called in for an interview or what am I not getting please? Renewal, right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adeosas(f): 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
[quote author=KaptainAfrika post=55969896]1. Your sister married a US citizen and now has a green card and is now a certified nurse, how did she enter the US?
2. Your mother already has a visa for the Omowugo.
3. You put your brother-in-law as a sibling and not your sister, why? can you give a very good reason as to why you hide the fact that you have a sister in the US?
4. NO DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR TOURISM VISA INTERVIEWS.
5 NO ONE KNOWS YOUR CHANCES, BUT YOU CAN IMPROVE THEM BY BEING HONEST, CONCISE AND PRECISE AND CONFIDENT AT THE INTERVIEW AND IN YOUR FORM.

[/quote the previous form was not filled by me is my friend that filed it ohh.he thought that the person living in US is my sibling not knowing he is my brother inlaw, my sis got her US visa before she got married so they did court wedding after traditional and white wedding here in Nigeria.I did not use hotel as place of stay I only use their Huse address and by that time she have not gotten her green card.anyway I hope for a successful interview will come back to share my testimony. I will be Honest in answering all the question the VO will ask me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
thegreengooner:

You do not need to visit America to talk to your uncle; you can talk to him on the phone....you're welcome!
Guy! It haff tay? Your phone loss abi data too cost? tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
Oh my bad. I was called for renewal.

OmoBendel24:

In essence you were called in for an interview or what am I not getting please? Renewal, right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tolutayo: 3:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
Thats the truth, I have been reading for Two(2) months, you when you to start the main practical you must try and ask some questions to guard yourself.

I am hoping for comments and advice oooh.

I beg everybody oooh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
busybrain001:

Well, the VO has the right to wonder about my true intentions, but my worry is that he should hv giving me the opportunity to clarify any thing he is not so certain of, instead of just denying outrightly based on discretion...

Am going to Cali for a convention, and there is no way I would be in Cali and not visit tourist attractions...or is it wrong telling the VO about your whole body plans!??
Who is sponsoring the convention you're going for?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
[quote author=Adeosas post=55972174][/quote]

That's no valid excuse, it's all on you! It's assumed you were the one that signed the form of, irrespective of who filled it, and that is misrepresentation on its own unless you come up with a better explanation please.... The question remains how did your sister enter the US, what visa type and how did she become a green card holder? Also, your mum got her visa back of who? Your brother in-law, your sister or who?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Oh my bad. I was called for renewal.

Okay, seen.... Expected renewal to be a dropbox thing with some exceptions though, that's why I asked, to be clear.

Aunty Sugah, been a long while we saw you around here oh! Peeping in? I sight you, many regards Sis.... Abeg, who see BenIyoha01 by mistake at all since?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Guy! It haff tay? Your phone loss abi data too cost? tongue

Hahahaha

Same phone, cheaper data...

Was busy looking for dollars for a 'missionary journey'.

Long time no see...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
thegreengooner:

Hahahaha

Same phone, cheaper data...

Was busy looking for dollars for a 'missionary journey'.

Long time no see...
Uncle mbok can I comman carry bag for you ? cheesy I promise to be a good assostant abi PA grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
busybrain001:

Yes there is no way you will be in Cali and not sighsee, but you started off with it being your annual leave, and you will be visiting cali( when you say visit here and on leave i will think its for touristic purpose), then you added "and i will be attending a convention". This is my opinion and its very possible there were other more serious pointers the Vo saw and believed you do not merit the visa now.
About reapplying so soon, well its your 54k, you have the final say. All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.