Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530560 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bliz123: 4:36am On Jun 23, 2017
2years now of following this thread and read all pages. (Kind of addicted now to reading stories. Always fun) December 2015 I was denied visa with wify and daughter. We were on tourism and wife for delivery. We had no prior travel experience.( thank God my boy was delivered in good health with mother doing great)I was a business man doing fine but January 2016 I got a government job in Abuja which is my occupation now. Fast forward I have a work related conference by September. I don't know if I need to change my work and pay to my new occupation or stick to the same occupation I got denied with since I still have by businesses running. ( I learnt changing stories leads to red flag ) We also now have travel experience last December for holidays. I will be going alone this time for the conference. please what do you advise based on logistics (do I look good to go)
Cc justwise, constance234, ladyG----
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 4:44am On Jun 23, 2017
bliz123:
2years now of following this thread and read all pages. (Kind of addicted now to reading stories. Always fun) December 2015 I was denied visa with wify and daughter. We were on tourism and wife for delivery. We had no prior travel experience.( thank God my boy was delivered in good health with mother doing great)I was a business man doing fine but January 2016 I got a government job in Abuja which is my occupation now. Fast forward I have a work related conference by September. I don't know if I need to change my work and pay to my new occupation or stick to the same occupation I got denied with since I still have by businesses running. ( I learnt changing stories leads to red flag ) We also now have travel experience last December for holidays. I will be going alone this time for the conference. please what do you advise based on logistics (do I look good to go)

Not true. Being honest is your best bet. If you have changed jobs, explain. What leads to red flags are lies.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 4:48am On Jun 23, 2017
austinelex:
hellooo pple in d house i am 25years old a trader and i am single i intend applying for non immigrant us visa thou i earn about 180k In a month and i don' have any travel history my question now is 1:how do i convince d vo dat i wud be bak as soon as possible 2:does rented apartment and a shop with one sale rep prove as strong tie my good pple in d house i nid ur urgent response so dat i can learn pls

25 years, single, a trader making less than $600/month gross, no concrete ties... your chances are slim.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 4:50am On Jun 23, 2017
tyman:
Good day house, pls I need an urgent advise. I applied for B1/B2 visa last year through a agent who filled the online forms on our behalf with his email, though we were denied.

Now, I want to reapply myself,
(1) can I start afresh with a different email?
(2) Won't there be no recourse to my formal application in terms of some information.

Please I need an honest response and guidance cos these had been bordering me.

Thanks and God bless.

Do you know what the agent filled in that form on your behalf? That form never goes away and is forever tied to you so if the agent lied there on your behalf, good luck getting a US visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:56am On Jun 23, 2017
@bliz if you changed jobs, u changed jobs. Honesty is the key that has been preached on every page here as u well know.
God's grace
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by idolda: 6:21am On Jun 23, 2017
Good morning house
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Silva094: 7:33am On Jun 23, 2017
Gurus in the house please help oo in May 2017 my grandma was denied a b1/b2 visa and now she wants to reapply so, my question is: does she need to print a new ds160 or just use the previous one? Thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:46am On Jun 23, 2017
idolda:
Good morning house this is my third time of asking this question please help a brother. I work 2 jobs (full time and part time) with my full time job paying a little bit above #110k while the part time (blogging) pays a minimum of #200k per month. Do you think it's advisable to include my part time job's earning in my application?

Also, will be staying with a resident retiree in USA during my 2 weeks visit (will be fully responsible for financing my vacation, hope that's OK?)
Uncle. The guide to answering your questions asked or unasked is : state the true state of affairs
All jobs you do are your jobs so why would you not state it?
It doesn't matter who sponsors you as long as u have actual ties back home. Take for example. Blogging which is the backbone of your income can be done even from the moon as long as there is internet access and a system. So in terms of ties ,for Me ,a non vo.... It leaves much to be desired.
However only a vo can evaluate you wholly based on your ds 160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:55am On Jun 23, 2017
Silva094:
Gurus in the house please help oo in May 2017 my grandma was denied a b1/b2 visa and now she wants to reapply so, my question is: does she need to print a new ds160 or just use the previous one? Thanks
U need to fill a new ds 160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 9:29am On Jun 23, 2017
Interview 7:30am

VO: What's your occupation
Me: I'm the ..... @ .....

VO: Have you travelled before
Me: No

VO: Why do I intend going to Nevada?
Me: Will be attending the.....conference

VO:What applications do you use?
Me: Mentioned applications

VO: Who is be paying for the travel?
Me: The office is paying for the trip

VO: What improvement do you intend achieving attending the conference?
Me: Do you mean personally or in use of the applications (he repeated the question & I told him if he could please be direct with the question as I didn't understand what he was asking)

VO: How long have you worked there?
Me: 2 years by August

VO: How much is the conference?
Me: ...there about

VO: Have you ever travelled before?

VO: Your visa as been approved, this form will inform you on how to collect your passport.
Me: Thank you very much.

PS. Befr I began,
Me: Excuse me please, I stammer & I hope that wouldn't be a problem?
VO: That shouldn't be a problem, in as much as you stammer in English.
(we both laughed)

Also, Virgin Passport & first travel (using a passport).

God was and still remains faithful, thanks everyone for the info

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by irewoleorth: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2017
Hello all. I'm also one of the silent readers. I covered a lot of material here before going for my interview this morning and I must say, this forum helped tremendously. From getting a good parking space to avoiding touts with their "Staple your forms together, photocopy your data page...etc". Also got a good feel of all the possible questions. I thank you all....LadyG et al.
My transcript:

VO: Good Morning
Me: Hi, Good Morning
VO: Where are you going to in the US?
Me: Washington State for a Conference
VO: So what's the conference about?
Me: It's organized by SFCI for surgeons around the world
VO: Oh so you're a surgeon?
Me: Yes.
VO: So what surgery do find most unpleasant?
Me: Ablative surgery
VO: Ah yes. Those are quite unpleasant. So where do you work?
Me: Teaching Hospital
VO: How many patients do you see daily?
Me: Err, about 30.
VO: Thirty?! (Wide eyed)
Me: (Smiling) Yes. We see 30 at the clinic and sort those who need surgery. We have at least 5 surgeries every week.
VO; Oh...Ok
VO: Married?
Me: Yes.
VO: Kids?
ME: Yes.
VO. I see you have been to Israel before. Was that for a religious purpose?
Me: No. Training.
VO:Ok. I have approved your visa......

It pays to read as many pages on here as possible.
Also make sure you read the instructions on the consulate website carefully.
Remain truthful.
No need for fake accents and funny dressing.
If your dressing is smart, it reflects on your confidence and that helps a lot.
Good luck everyone.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:40am On Jun 23, 2017
asid:
Interview 7:30am

Also, Virgin Passport & first travel (using a passport).

God was and still remains faithful, thanks everyone for the info

Nice one and refreshing... have a nice trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2017
irewoleorth:
Hello all. I'm also one of the silent readers. I covered a lot of material here before going for my interview this morning and I must say, this forum helped tremendously. From getting a good parking space to avoiding touts with their "Staple your forms together, photocopy your data page...etc". Also got a good feel of all the possible questions. I thank you all....LadyG et al.
My transcript:

It pays to read as many pages on here as possible.
Also make sure you read the instructions on the consulate website carefully.
Remain truthful.
No need for fake accents and funny dressing.
If your dressing is smart, it reflects on your confidence and that helps a lot.
Good luck everyone.

Congrats and does that mean just in case there's medical emergency you will help with free medical care as per this thread...lol grin

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 11:09am On Jun 23, 2017
seyewest:

Nice one and refreshing... have a nice trip.

Thanks Seyewest.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:42am On Jun 23, 2017
bliz123:

A year and half of work with government, okay. What's your pay like in that and generally? Travel experience to where please? Not entirely good to go IMO, because I for one seem to be seeing a pattern here though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by simpleworld: 11:50am On Jun 23, 2017
Good morning. I want to apply for America visa with my wife. We have three children, we have school both primary and secondary. Really am a contractor is my wife that is in charge of the school. Question 1. I want to apply with my wife alone
Question 2 . am looking at using our school statement account
Question 3. Applying without our children hope will not affect our application
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
OmoBendel24:

A year and half of work with government, okay. What's your pay like in that and generally? Travel experience to where please? Not entirely good to go IMO, because I for one seem to be seeing a pattern here though.
Exactly and you did not ask him who is paying for the conference...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
simpleworld:
Good morning. I want to apply for America visa with my wife. We have three children, we have school both primary and secondary. Really am a contractor is my wife that is in charge of the school. Question 1. I want to apply with my wife alone
Question 2 . am looking at using our school statement account
Question 3. Applying without our children hope will not affect our application
American embassy hardly check document especially statement of account.
Do you have any travel history with your wife or alone?
Are you applying for vacation? and applying with your wife alone shouldn't affect your application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by moravelu: 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
Abeg guys! I want to book flight to new york. Im trying to manage cost, anything so bad in using air maroc or air egypt?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by simpleworld: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
seyewest:

American embassy hardly check document especially statement of account.
Do you have any travel history with your wife or alone?
Are you apply for vacation and applying without your kids won't affect your application.
travelling! Dubai alone 2 times, Cuba once alone. on my wife side no traveling history. just vacation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
moravelu:
Abeg guys! I want to book flight to new york. Im trying to manage cost, anything so bad in using air maroc or air egypt?
I won't fly those airlines for free.... but this is about cutting cost..you can manage them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
simpleworld:
travelling! Dubai alone 2 times, Cuba once alone. on my wife side no traveling history. just vacation
Give it a go....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hello House, My visa was approved this morning @lagos embassy 9:15 appointment. Thanks you all for the assistance,Transcript loading soon.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
my sister n mom went for interview today and their visa was rejected transcript below

mom requested to speak yoruba and the vo ask my sister to interpret
all questions was directed to my sister

vo---where are you going in the united state
sis..new york
vo---- why are you going
sis... family vacation wit my sister (me already got the visa)
vo---- how many days are you going for
sis---- 14days
vo--- are you married
sis----no
vo--- do you have a child
sis----no
vo----what do you do-
sis---we have a family business weve been running for more 15yrs, we supply bhalalalala to a well known company bhalabhlala --------she runs the business now as parents are old and siblings are far away

vo----sorry you aint eligible for the visa

im really not happy cos not only a single question was directed to my mom which is not fairly on her part.. would really love to travell for summer wit my mom/sis...... now my sister is out of it for now...
is it advisable to apply for my mom as my dad is sponsoring her
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
seyewest:

Exactly and you did not ask him who is paying for the conference...

Truely, that's about the "keyest" question I ought to have asked. @Bliz123; can you also kindly answer the question "who is paying for the conference?"

Regards....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
I had my interview today @the embassy and it was a success a very big thank you to everyone and people who posted their transcripts too cos they were rerally helpful. I applied in july 2016 tho without a travel history, single and unmarried. So i went to S.a for just 5days last year. Today's transcript (Still unamarried tho got a travel history which is only S.A)

Vo: Good Morning
Me: Good morning and how r you with a big smile sef (Tho this particular vo was just rejecting everyone before me that went to her, i even praying i wont be directed to her sef but i was dirceted to her)
vo: what are you going to do in nyc
Me: I am going on my annual leave and wld love to spend my vacation there
vo: what would you be doing there
me: I intent visiting the statue of liberty, empire state building and sight seeing.
vo:what do u do
Me: i work with bleep as bleep(I explained all my duties in full)
vo: How long have u been with them
Me: wld be 5 years this year
Vo: Have u travelled before?
Me: yes
vo: she checked to confirm my vsist and stamp). do you have relatives in the us?
Me: yes, two uncle
Vo: where do they stay?
Me: nyc nad texas
vo:are you visiting them? (Note i filled hotel on my form)
Vo: why?
me: i dnt want to visit i just want to go on a vacation
she types for long as this point i was like you wld gimme blue paper gimme lemme go jare
Vo: i would be approving your visa pick up @ blah blah blah
i read severally that pple say at that point they dnt hear anything anymore sincerely i experienced it ooo, i just managed to say thanks after staring @her lol.

Thanks to y'all for the assistance.

16 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by idolda: 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2017
Good work
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bliz123: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Thanks for the answer.
On my job 280 and over 300 from business.
The travel was to SA.
Please what pattern did you notice.
And why is the travel not cool. What do u advise. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nell4: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
house please i have been to the U.S twice. I didn't travel with my last renewal and it is about to expire. I want to renew it again and don't know if I am qualified for dropbox or not.
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bliz123: 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Truely, that's about the "keyest" question I ought to have asked. @Bliz123; can you also kindly answer the question "who is paying for the conference?"

Regards....
My office is paying for the conference.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bliz123: 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@bliz if you changed jobs, u changed jobs. Honesty is the key that has been preached on every page here as u well know.
God's grace
It is refreshing to read your answer. You are right. I just wanted to reconfirm all I had read. The stress of rejection isn't a pleasant feeling. I had to double check with the gurus.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daffizo12(m): 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
Following

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62