Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530925 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nextedge: 4:44am On Jan 28, 2016
@ nefertitiram, thanks for the invaluable information and interventions. Sorry I was becoming a pain in the ass. It's kinda scary to have a mental picture of those hrs.Thanks also to others who have helped especially the creator of the thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by brotundes: 9:29am On Jan 28, 2016
good morning house, pls is it compulsory to go along with child for wedding anniversary?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:39am On Jan 28, 2016
brotundes:
good morning house, pls is it compulsory to go along with child for wedding anniversary?
No

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
nextedge:
@nefetitiram and others pls see the attached screenshots above. The first is Qatar and the second Emirates. If you look closely you'll discover that coming back from Chicago to Doha on Qatar airlines takes more than 21 hrs. How does one sit in a plane for 21 hrs. I dey fear o. If na only me I no go mind but I'm going with children and wiffy. To make matter worse, the layover after that journey is like 12 or 13 hrs before leaving for MMA Lagos. How do people do this. Na wa o. I thought Emirates will be better but it's only a little different from Qatar airlines. I think that one na like 18 or 19 hrs. Do you get my drift now?

etihad is doing promo....lagos to newyory is about 856 usd, taxes inclusive......if u can get dollars cheap...then its certainly cheap o.
some1 said stanbic give PTA now.....can some1 confirm if its to everybody or just acct holders?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Juwohn: 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
earthrealm:

etihad is doing promo....lagos to newyory is about 856 usd, taxes inclusive......if u can get dollars cheap...then its certainly cheap o.
some1 said stanbic give PTA now.....can some1 confirm if its to everybody or just acct holders?

based on what they said... Yu must be an account holder.. Savings or Current with a valid visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hotstfz007: 12:54am On Jan 29, 2016
Hi, I'm new here. Pls I need an urgent reply. I was at the US about two weeks ago and I'm going back next week. I told the POE then I was visiting a friend who i filled on my application in 2012. I was wondering if I still mention I'm visiting again if it would be a problem or I should just say I'm attending a wedding. I'm actually going to help a friend who just Had a baby but I've stated I only know one person all my applications. I'm really confused here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tobithedancer: 6:34am On Jan 29, 2016
Pls for someone who got married in Nigeria Customarily and already had his marriage broken down without any paper back up, in fact his ex-wife has already remarried here in Nigeria, but the guy plans to remarry his old gf who is a US citizen. How can he prove that his former marriage is broken down because he needs to remarry in the US. Can he try and get a Customary Court divorce for his previous marriage?
And secondly, can a nigeria Customary Court marriage divorce certificate be acceptable in the US for evidence of previous divorce and remarriage in the US ? Or must he approach a High Court for the divorce ?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 29, 2016
Hotstfz007:
Hi, I'm new here. Pls I need an urgent reply. I was at the US about two weeks ago and I'm going back next week. I told the POE then I was visiting a friend who i filled on my application in 2012. I was wondering if I still mention I'm visiting again if it would be a problem or I should just say I'm attending a wedding. I'm actually going to help a friend who just Had a baby but I've stated I only know one person all my applications. I'm really confused here.

First off, you should be honest... you should have been honest in your previous applications too so that you wouldn't be in this situation to begin with but I guess we are past that.

If you get pulled into secondary after lying to the immigration officers, they will probably call whoever you say you are going to visit. Once you get trapped in that lie - because it won't hold up under hours of interrogation - they will give you an expedited removal and 5-year ban. I cannot stress enough that you should just be honest about what is going on to avoid any problems.

What would even have possessed you to lie about the number of people you know in the U.S.? That doesn't even make sense.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 29, 2016
tobithedancer:
Pls for someone who got married in Nigeria Customarily and already had his marriage broken down without any paper back up, in fact his ex-wife has already remarried here in Nigeria, but the guy plans to remarry his old gf who is a US citizen. How can he prove that his former marriage is broken down because he needs to remarry in the US. Can he try and get a Customary Court divorce for his previous marriage?
And secondly, can a nigeria Customary Court marriage divorce certificate be acceptable in the US for evidence of previous divorce and remarriage in the US ? Or must he approach a High Court for the divorce ?
Thanks

The US government acknowledges the Customary Court documents as they are all valid under Nigerian law.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tobithedancer: 6:42am On Jan 29, 2016
LagosNIV:

The US government acknowledges the Customary Court documents as they are all valid under Nigerian law.
Thank u sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hotstfz007: 10:40am On Jan 29, 2016
LagosNIV:

First off, you should be honest... you should have been honest in your previous applications too so that you wouldn't be in this situation to begin with but I guess we are past that.
If you get pulled into secondary after lying to the immigration officers, they will probably call whoever you say you are going to visit. Once you get trapped in that lie - because it won't hold up under hours of interrogation - they will give you an expedited removal and 5-year ban. I cannot stress enough that you should just be honest about what is going on to avoid any problems.
What would even have possessed you to lie about the number of people you know in the U.S.? That doesn't even make sense.

Thanks, I'm actually going to stay with the Person I filled on my application, my friend is their neighbor. I didn't think it was relevant to change the address since I only stay at one particular place or hotel. So I'm still going to the same state and city. I was just worried if since I just left 2 weeks ago it would be a problem coming back.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kellykings84: 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
Hotstfz007:

Thanks, I'm actually going to stay with the Person I filled on my application, my friend is their neighbor. I didn't think it was relevant to change the address since I only stay at one particular place or hotel. So I'm still going to the same state and city. I was just worried if since I just left 2 weeks ago it would be a problem coming back.

Dese guys @ poe re reasonable ppl so u can also ask ursef questions before u go dere. U just left 2 weeks ago after visiting nd u re visiting again, in as much as u can always travel as many times but don't u work or d anytin in Nigeria dat ll need ur time instead of always visiting. In my opinion, it raises a red flag but depends on wat u do originally I Nigeria though as regards wat u actually filled in ur visa application.
About who u re going to visit, just be truthful, u told dem u had just one person b4 nd now u have visited nd can also make new friends u can visit a second time though I don't understand y u ll b visiting s soon wen u just left 2weeks ago

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by onmyteflon: 1:15pm On Jan 29, 2016
Pls house am going for a visiting interview with my mom on Tuesday. What are the likely questions they will ask us and this is our first time travelling
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:14pm On Jan 29, 2016
kellykings84:

Dese guys @ poe re reasonable ppl so u can also ask ursef questions before u go dere. U just left 2 weeks ago after visiting nd u re visiting again, in as much as u can always travel as many times but don't u work or d anytin in Nigeria dat ll need ur time instead of always visiting. In my opinion, it raises a red flag but depends on wat u do originally I Nigeria though as regards wat u actually filled in ur visa application.
About who u re going to visit, just be truthful, u told dem u had just one person b4 nd now u have visited nd can also make new friends u can visit a second time though I don't understand y u ll b visiting s soon wen u just left 2weeks ago
I'm reading between the lines now. Poster in one post said he's helping friend that just gave birth. In another post, they are new friends.
I'm just assuming s/he got a nanny/babysitter job

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
onmyteflon:
Pls house am going for a visiting interview with my mom on Tuesday. What are the likely questions they will ask us and this is our first time travelling
Read thru this thread and. The part 1 as well. Every 4 or 5 pages has a transcript of people's interviews.
Happy reading
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I'm reading between the lines now. Poster in one post said he's helping friend that just gave birth. In another post, they are new friends.
I'm just assuming s/he got a nanny/babysitter job

I'm assuming she's on the baby sitting job already, her 6mths is about to expire, so she came back home for 2 weeks.

Now she may intend to return to continue with d job and get stamped in for 6mths again. If my assumptions r right? Then she's gonna raise flags on renewal or even d next POE

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2016
nefertitiram:

I'm assuming she's on the baby sitting job already, her 6mths is about to expire, so she came back home for 2 weeks.

Now she may intend to return to continue with d job and get stamped in for 6mths again. If my assumptions r right? Then she's gonna raise flags on renewal or even d next POE
Renewal ke! If omo naija like me and u de reason am like this, wetin oyibo cbp go reason. You de travel every 2 weeks, na Bill Gate sister u be? U no get anything u de do for your papa land sotay u turn professional visitor and friend cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Renewal ke! If omo naija like me and u de reason am like this, wetin oyibo cbp go reason. You de travel every 2 weeks, na Bill Gate sister u be? U no get anything u de do for your papa land sotay u turn professional visitor and friend cheesy
Nigerians be using style to live abroad, a lot of people do it and scale while some don't
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hotstfz007: 9:12am On Jan 30, 2016
chloe7:
Nigerians be using style to live abroad, a lot of people do it and scale while some don't
LadyGuinivere:

I don't think it's appropriate to assume. I have a 2yr visa and its expiring in November and I just used it in December for New Years with my boyfriend we actually spent 10days. So I'm only returning back for a month to help my friend around cuz I promised her long before now. I run a family business that is doing very well so I don't have time to sit in another county for 6 months. I am a well traveled business person cause of the nature of my job.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 30, 2016
Hotstfz007:

I don't think it's appropriate to assume. I have a 2yr visa and its expiring in November and I just used it in December for New Years with my boyfriend we actually spent 10days. So I'm only returning back for a month to help my friend around cuz I promised her long before now. I run a family business that is doing very well so I don't have time to sit in another county for 6 months. I am a well traveled business person cause of the nature of my job.
best thing is don't abuse the terms of your visa, you know best what you are going for, so no problems at all

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:53am On Jan 30, 2016
Got in on 29th January and it was the smoothest I've ever experienced... But New York cold die.. he be like say dem open freezer in heaven. Chilling in a hotel and waiting for my body to adjust to the timezone.
Just be honest with yourself and the officers at the embassy and at the POE. grin grin grin
God bless you all.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 30, 2016
iRyan:
aww... Been a long time. Welcome back sweet. Btw it's colored
colored colored what's up, don't run away like me o cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 30, 2016
seyewest:
Got in on 29th January and it was the smoothest I've ever experienced... But New York cold die.. he be like say dem open freezer in heaven. Chilling in a hotel and waiting for my body to adjust to the timezone.
Just be honest with yourself and the officers at the embassy and at the POE. grin grin grin
God bless you all.
i'm happy for you that you got the visa, you no quick run go too tongue tongue cheesy grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tobibakare(m): 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
seyewest:
God bless you all.
congrats ooo. dnt worry u will get used 2 d weather. be honest at the embassy, and be real, no lies because dey will eventually find out. that's what I keep telling pple applying for visas.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adesanmiprince: 7:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
Pls advice a friend.
He got a 2 years visit visa in 2014 and to expire in June 2016. When he applied for the visa, he said he will spend a month in the US, and on getting to the US, he ended up spending 5 months before returned back to the US, and while he was there in the US, he applied to a school and he was offered an admission, he tried to change his status to F1 visa but when he didn't get a response for the change of status, and he was running to spend 6 months, he had to quickly return home so as not to stay out of status. however, during this period while in the US, he engaged in some menial jobs ( although no issues came up )
Now, his visa is due to expire in June 2016, he applied for a dropbox renewal last week, and unfortunately he was called to attend an interview at the embassy next week Monday.
I personally told him that, to me, he already has 4 offences; (1) that he spent 5 months during the visit instead of the intended 1 months, (2) that he tried to change his status from visiting to student visa, and (3) that he engaged in some menial job ( although the embassy might not figure that out ) and (4} that he tried to renew his visa 6 months before expiry and why such and urgency,n but items (1) and (2) above are my concerns
Now, what could he his fate at the interview with the above case?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2016
adesanmiprince:
Pls advice a friend.
He got a 2 years visit visa in 2014 and to expire in June 2016. When he applied for the visa, he said he will spend a month in the US, and on getting to the US, he ended up spending 5 months before returned back to the US, and while he was there in the US, he applied to a school and he was offered an admission, he tried to change his status to F1 visa but when he didn't get a response for the change of status, and he was running to spend 6 months, he had to quickly return home so as not to stay out of status. however, during this period while in the US, he engaged in some menial jobs ( although no issues came up )
Now, his visa is due to expire in June 2016, he applied for a dropbox renewal last week, and unfortunately he was called to attend an interview at the embassy next week Monday.
I personally told him that, to me, he already has 4 offences; (1) that he spent 5 months during the visit instead of the intended 1 months, (2) that he tried to change his status from visiting to student visa, and (3) that he engaged in some menial job ( although the embassy might not figure that out ) and (4} that he tried to renew his visa 6 months before expiry and why such and urgency,n but items (1) and (2) above are my concerns
Now, what could he his fate at the interview with the above case?
Thanks
let him first go and come back from the interview first, i'm sure they want to ask about the status he wanted to change I mean from the b1/b2 category to the F category, the interview might just centre around that and also why he declared a month and stayed for 5, let him just prepare for everything ahead of the interview, they only call for interviews when they need clarifications over a certain issue(s) pertaining to travels on that visa, let whoever is concerned just be prepared

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:05am On Jan 31, 2016
@adesanmi your friend's fate is either that his visa would be renewed or it will be denied. Also in addition, the remaining 6 months would be either cancelled without prejudice or not.
Hope that clears your confusion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:39am On Jan 31, 2016
chloe7:
i'm happy for you that you got the visa, you no quick run go too tongue tongue cheesy grin
I'm in the U.S already will return next week by the grace of God. wink wink wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
@LadyGuinivere, please I went for interview for a tourist visa on September last year for the 1st time without invite and I have no travel experience. this is the conversation.

vo: good morning sir
me: morning
vo: where are you going in the us
Me: Newyork
vo: what for?
me: vacation
vo: where do you work?
me: I told him
vo: what's your position in your company ?
me: manager
vo: what do your company do?
me: importation of electronics and cars
Vo: how much do you earn?
vo: are you married?
me: no
vo: do you have a family here?
me: yes

after typing somethings he handed me a green paper and said sorry you're not eligible.
I think I was denied cos of my marital status, every single dude that went before me were denied.
I have a letter of invitation from my cousin in USA for his graduation in may, if I apply now and cos I'm still not yet married, what are my chances? does the graduation invite make any difference? thanks.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
paschal89:
@LadyGuinivere, please I went for interview for a tourist visa on September last year for the 1st time without invite and I have no travel experience. this is the conversation.

after typing somethings he handed me a green paper and said sorry you're not eligible.
I think I was denied cos of my marital status, every single dude that went before me were denied.
I have a letter of invitation from my cousin in USA for his graduation in may, if I apply now and cos I'm still not yet married, what are my chances? does the graduation invite make any difference? thanks.
do you have travel history? I'm sure you don't because if you had that would have probably saved you, your travel history matters a lot esp in cases where you are single, cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
paschal89:

Sorry but I can't comment on your chances.Only ur VO can. In visa applications, the VO's do not place much (if any) weight on invitations.
If you were adjudged unqualified Last year, you are adviced to wait untill there has been a Substantial change in your life. From what u have described, the only change is the purpose of your trip and the fact that u got an invite which I already discussed in the ist paragraph.
The choice is yours-to either wait until maybe u have got travel history, gotten married or maybe get promoted or u can decide to take a chance and apply. But if one has been denied and nothing has changed...Only a mad man does the same thing over and over and expects a different outcome.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ezennaemeka1(m): 12:48am On Feb 01, 2016
hey guys, is there any blogger here leaving in USA?? If you are please quote me and reply or pm me. its urgent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.