Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531126 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2017
Rachie83:
All thanks to Jehovah God and to everybody that has contributed something to this forum, we wanted to make sure of an agent but decided not to use again when I came across this forum, me and my husband's visa was approved this morning. Our interview time was 7:30am but we got there few minutes past six and were allowed in after their usual verification, we were interviewed past eight and by 8:20am at window 3 we were already through, the interview was not more than 3mins.

VO: Goodmorning

Both of us:Goodmorning with a bright smile

VO: Why are you travelling to the US?

Husband: For vacation and to use the opportunity to celebrate our 9th year wedding anniversary.

VO: 19 years?

Both of us: No 9 years

VO: Ok Congratulations

Both of us: Thanks with a smile

VO: Where in the US are you going?

Husband: Orlando florida

VO: What do you do sir?

Hudband: Head of Operation at ******

VO:What's the most challenging aspect of your job?

Husband: He responded

VO: How many kids do you have and their age?

Both of us responded
VO: who will take care of them while away?

Husband : They will be in school in boarding school.

VO : What school?

Husband : ********

VO : Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?

Husband : No my job would nt allow me.

VO: Madam you work at *****

Me: Yes you are right

VO: What do you do?

Me: Supervisor at*****

VO : Who are you supervising? Oh call center agents. Do you have anyone in the US?

Husband : No that's why we book an hotel at ****

VO : Congratulations your visa is approved

We are so happy cos about 4 people before us were denied.Thanks once again.

Congrats, nice saving on the use of an agent. Happy anniversary

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 22, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
The questions asked won't be important, so long as your answers are truthful. It also helps to be confident.

thank you
When it got to the question what my husband does for living i said nothing because hes not working and the consular denied me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 22, 2017
otee4real26:
thank you
When it got to the question what my husband does for living i said nothing because hes not working and the consular denied me.

Please can i still apply again ,someone said if uve been denied once that theres propability someone might be denied again . Please advise me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rachie83: 11:06am On Aug 22, 2017
Abeehorlar:

I will advise you disvirgin your passport by sending it through ABC bus that pass through, borders like Cotonou, Togo and ghana
He does not need to do all that, lot of people have been given with NO travel history.Do you even think those countries u mentioned makes any difference?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:42am On Aug 22, 2017
Your husband does nothing for a living? is he retired? or unemployed?

otee4real26:
thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2017
otee4real26:

Please can i still apply again ,someone said if uve been denied once that theres propability someone might be denied again . Please advise me
Naturally. If you are denied and the reason for the denial remains the same u will be denied again. Abi the person go carry jazz go the second time?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oladeyle: 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2017
Hello house, someone should please help me confirm this Dubai work visa Name: Adebanjo Oladele Samuel Passport no: 08405980
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Codeblues(m): 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2017
I thank God and everyone that has contributed to this forum. Approved, applied alone.

Transcript.

V.O: Good morning
Me: Good Morning
V.O: Why are you going to the U.S?
Me: Tourism and sightseeing
V.O: Where are you going in the U.S?
Me: New York City
V.O: What do you do?
Me: I am the of Director, Client Services of (mentioned company)
V.O: What are your job duties?
Me: Mentioned
V.O: What does the company do?
Me: mentioned
V.O: Are you married
me: Yes
V.O: Any children?
me: Yes. 5 & 2 years
V.O: What does your wife do?
me: Work in a school
V.O: A teacher
me: No ( I mentioned)
V.O: How much does she earn?
me: mentioned the little amount
V.O: Okay your visa is approved, sir.
Me: Thank you.

Note: I noticed a lot of refusal for applicants applying for visas especially student visas except the guy that was in my front, I knew he was going to get the visa, he showed that he prepared for the interview very well because he was thoroughly drilled by the V.O. Truly the guy was articulate and has done proper research before attending the student interview.

Few lessons
1) An applicant was asked why did u choose this school? she said my cousin has told me good things about the school.

2) Another applicant why are you going for the program? it is going to help me in the future (full stop) the same applicant was asked who is your sponsor? my dad. what does he do for a living? he is into oil and gas, the V.O asked what field in oil and gas? he said petroleum and he have 3 filling stations, any travel history? No. the V.O just brought out the blue paper.

3) A lady was smiling with the V.O and they were chatting and was feeling relax, next thing was I am sorry brought out a blue paper.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Abeehorlar: 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
No one knows. But Canada's applications takes a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time to process, you sure you don't want to go to the US, first and come back?

Sure! But I mean when I'm back from my Trip, can I apply with my family? What are the procedure?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2017
kennycanny:
A family member as an appointment already without uploading his passport photograph , do the embassy still allow applicant bringing passport photo to the embassy?

Pls, can anyone with latest information about these help. Pls.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 4:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
kennycanny:

Pls, can anyone with latest information about these help. Pls.

You would have to upload the passport photo on your form if not you would be sent back to do so, and also present a passport photo at the embassy. Its all stated on the site na
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rachie83: 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
Codeblues:
I thank God and everyone that has contributed to this forum. Approved, applied alone.

Transcript.

V.O: Good morning
Me: Good Morning
V.O: Why are you going to the U.S?
Me: Tourism and sightseeing
V.O: Where are you going in the U.S?
Me: New York City
V.O: What do you do?
Me: I am the of Director, Client Services of (mentioned company)
V.O: What are your job duties?
Me: Mentioned
V.O: What does the company do?
Me: mentioned
V.O: Are you married
me: Yes
V.O: Any children?
me: Yes. 5 & 2 years
V.O: What does your wife do?
me: Work in a school
V.O: A teacher
me: No ( I mentioned)
V.O: How much does she earn?
me: mentioned the little amount
V.O: Okay your visa is approved, sir.
Me: Thank you.

Note: I noticed a lot of refusal for applicants applying for visas especially student visas except the guy that was in my front, I knew he was going to get the visa, he showed that he prepared for the interview very well because he was thoroughly drilled by the V.O. Truly the guy was articulate and has done proper research before attending the student interview.

Few lessons
1) An applicant was asked why did u choose this school? she said my cousin has told me good things about the school.

2) Another applicant why are you going for the program? it is going to help me in the future (full stop) the same applicant was asked who is your sponsor? my dad. what does he do for a living? he is into oil and gas, the V.O asked what field in oil and gas? he said petroleum and he have 3 filling stations, any travel history? No. the V.O just brought out the blue paper.

3) A lady was smiling with the V.O and they were chatting and was feeling relax, next thing was I am sorry brought out a blue paper.

Congratulations, our visa was also granted at Lagos embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
Rachie83:
All thanks to Jehovah God and to everybody that has contributed something to this forum, we wanted to make sure of an agent but decided not to use again when I came across this forum, me and my husband's visa was approved this morning. Our interview time was 7:30am but we got there few minutes past six and were allowed in after their usual verification, we were interviewed past eight and by 8:20am at window 3 we were already through, the interview was not more than 3mins.

VO: Goodmorning

Both of us:Goodmorning with a bright smile

VO: Why are you travelling to the US?

Husband: For vacation and to use the opportunity to celebrate our 9th year wedding anniversary.

VO: 19 years?

Both of us: No 9 years

VO: Ok Congratulations

Both of us: Thanks with a smile

VO: Where in the US are you going?

Husband: Orlando florida

VO: What do you do sir?

Hudband: Head of Operation at ******

VO:What's the most challenging aspect of your job?

Husband: He responded

VO: How many kids do you have and their age?

Both of us responded
VO: who will take care of them while away?

Husband : They will be in school in boarding school.

VO : What school?

Husband : ********

VO : Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?

Husband : No my job would nt allow me.

VO: Madam you work at *****

Me: Yes you are right

VO: What do you do?

Me: Supervisor at*****

VO : Who are you supervising? Oh call center agents. Do you have anyone in the US?

Husband : No that's why we book an hotel at ****

VO : Congratulations your visa is approved

We are so happy cos about 4 people before us were denied.Thanks once again.
Congrats, I tap from this glory

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2017
oladeyle:
Hello house, someone should please help me confirm this Dubai work visa
Name:

Bros, remove your personal data sharp sharp. Play safe, stay safe!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
Abeehorlar:

I will advise you disvirgin your passport by sending it through ABC bus that pass through, borders like Cotonou, Togo and Ghana

If you read past experiences related in this thread, you will see that this is not only useless, but could be the undoing of the applicant. Moreover, "sending" is as fraudulent as fake stamps! Perhaps it's sarcasm sha.
@OP, People with no travel experience get visas: read the thread and assess yourself. You can postpone your interview, you can forget your current visa fee, but once you misrepresent once (just one falsehood) and your jeopardize your future visa applications.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 6:09pm On Aug 22, 2017
bigbus:

If you read past experiences related in this thread, you will see that this is not only useless, but could be the undoing of the applicant. Moreover, "sending" is as fraudulent as fake stamps! Perhaps it's sarcasm sha.
@OP, People with no travel experience get visas: read the thread and assess yourself. You can postpone your interview, you can forget your current visa fee, but once you misrepresent once (just one falsehood) and your jeopardize your future visa applications.
If he had advised, try to travel to Ghana via transportation, it would be same stamps, but irrespective of travel history.... Only God grants visas.... Favor is key cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by moufpeas(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2017
cosade:

In UK, "working" is not restricted to "physical work", "online work" is regarded as normal work. You need a self employed or entrepreneur visa to work for your UK incorporated (or registered) company while in the UK. Doing that on a visitors' visa is a violation of your visa terms. You are not even permitted to do voluntary or unpaid work. It is same rule across Europe and North America.

I Disagree with u but theres no point arguing with u......the govt is aware d company exist and like I wrote earlier your business has to be worth £200k to qualify for entrepreneur visa and not all companies are worth that.....i pay my taxes and I never had a problem renewing my visa and I always indicate what I'm doing for a living when renewing or at POE.... don't talk about what u ain't sure of ...Google is ur friend.

Thanks again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bullringa1: 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
Kudos to LadyG, Seyewest and other gurus. My question is this. If both parents has US Tourist visa and wants to take their children for vacation how will they go about it, will the children apply through Dropbox or go for interview with their parents. Thanks for your kind response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
moufpeas:

I Disagree with u but theres no point arguing with u......the govt is aware d company exist and like I wrote earlier your business has to be worth £200k to qualify for entrepreneur visa and not all companies are worth that.....i pay my taxes and I never had a problem renewing my visa and I always indicate what I'm doing for a living when renewing or at POE.... don't talk about what u ain't sure of ...Google is ur friend.

Thanks again

Business – general activities
5 A visitor may:
(a) attend meetings, conferences, seminars, interviews;
(b) give a one-off or short series of talks and speeches provided these are not organised as commercial events and will not make a profit for the organiser;
(c) negotiate and sign deals and contracts;
(d) attend trade fairs, for promotional work only, provided the visitor is not directly selling;
(e) carry out site visits and inspections;
(f) gather information for their employment overseas;
(g) be briefed on the requirements of a UK based customer, provided any work for the customer is done outside of the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitor-rules

This is a public forum and I see what I do here as service to the public, you're at liberty to continue with what you believe is right.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forums/europe-uk-ireland/topics/continuing-to-work-for-us-company-while-visiting-uk-with-tourist-visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ediku208: 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
Pls room I need help

Am 24 ..... Been working in a renowned consulting Firm on the island for 3 years .....

My salary is 160k

First time travelling.....

Just got a new passport.....

Want to visit the us for tourism ....

What are my chances on a scale of 10?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2017
bullringa1:
Kudos to LadyG, Seyewest and other gurus. My question is this. If both parents has US Tourist visa and wants to take their children for vacation how will they go about it, will the children apply through Dropbox or go for interview with their parents. Thanks for your kind response.
Read the qualifications for drop box. It's in the website. Every first applicant must have an interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
ediku208:
Pls room I need help

Am 24 ..... Been working in a renowned consulting Firm on the island for 3 years .....

My salary is 160k

Read the first page of this thread. The answer is there....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bullringa1: 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Read the qualifications for drop box. It's in the website. Every first applicant must have an interview

Thanks LadyG. But if they appear for interview because of their ages, 4 6 and 8 must the two parents go with them despite the parents has their visas.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Coefficient(m): 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2017
bullringa1:

Thanks LadyG. But if they appear for interview because of their ages, 4 6 and 8 must the two parents go with them despite the parents has their visas.

I'm sure either of the parents is fine enough to accompany them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sanmyor84: 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
Hello house. Please I need help. When I filled my Ds-160 form, my passport was rejected, but on the confirmation page, it says I must bring a passport photograph satisfying the requirements to the interview.
However, I later saw another thing in the appointment letter that those who failed to upload their passports would be turned back to reschedule their appointment.. Please has anyone been in this shoe before? Am I safe to take the passport with me to interview and ignore the information on the appointment letter, or what should I do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 11:18pm On Aug 22, 2017
sanmyor84:
Hello house. Please I need help. When I filled my Ds-160 form, my passport was rejected, but on the confirmation page, it says I must bring a passport photograph satisfying the requirements to the interview.
However, I later saw another thing in the appointment letter that those who failed to upload their passports would be turned back to reschedule their appointment.. Please has anyone been in this shoe before? Am I safe to take the passport with me to interview and ignore the information on the appointment letter, or what should I do?

@Bolded. No.
How to amend your current situation has been discussed and posted on this thread several times. (I don't know it by heart, and no time to fish it out for you. Just read back a bit. I think it came up again within the last 6 pages.)

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2017
sanmyor84:
You will be turned back. Ensure you upload a passport photograph using a digital/soft copy in line with the prescribed format (not a scanned photo). A cropping tool is also available for use on the application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 12:19am On Aug 23, 2017
no one actually knows. that's a fact. but you can improve your chances by looking at your ties to nigeria, filling your form honestly and being confident during the interview.

ediku208:
Pls room I need help

My salary is 160k

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by moufpeas(m): 1:01am On Aug 23, 2017
cosade:

Business – general activities
5 A visitor may:
(a) attend meetings, conferences, seminars, interviews;
(b) give a one-off or short series of talks and speeches provided these are not organised as commercial events and will not make a profit for the organiser;
(c) negotiate and sign deals and contracts;
(d) attend trade fairs, for promotional work only, provided the visitor is not directly selling;
(e) carry out site visits and inspections;
(f) gather information for their employment overseas;
(g) be briefed on the requirements of a UK based customer, provided any work for the customer is done outside of the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitor-rules

This is a public forum and I see what I do here as service to the public, you're at liberty to continue with what you believe is right.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forums/europe-uk-ireland/topics/continuing-to-work-for-us-company-while-visiting-uk-with-tourist-visay

Lol....you don't don't understand
I repeat I did not violate any terms.....i did not visit the UK for business ...I visited
For another purpose entirely....
W
I did not take any employment while I was in UK thats when it's violation, if u think i did then tell me... who employed me?
..my kinda work is different from what u are familiar with thats why you are confused .i run an online service, so u expect me to shut down my service during my stay?

If it was illegal to own a company in the UK as foreigner it won't be possible to incorporate a company as a foreigner....unless like u said "have an entrepreneur visa" which is not the case... I registered the company with my Nigerian passport as a foreigner.

Picture this a business man is on vacation and then he attends to his work emails and phone calls does that mean he violated his visa terms ? Will that be considered working ?
I only keep my service running as i have access to internet and that's what I need for my job. It's not an employment it's keeping my business running. It's even indicated in the companies house document that it's ur responsibility as business director to ensure the successful running of the company.

After all this if you still don't get it, then I have nothing more to say to u... just don't paint me in any of ur confusion....and don't confuse other readers

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:05am On Aug 23, 2017
sanmyor84:
By all means ignore what's on the letter OK? Ignore a clearly stated instruction and come to nairaland and get New set of instructions from the face less folks that will not conduct your interview. Do not upload your passport OK? Ignore. You are special. The chosen one. Above the rules. Favoured. In fact u may decide to stay at home. The vo will come to your house and stamp your passport k?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by baani(m): 2:10am On Aug 23, 2017
Good Day Everyone, please can someone direct on how and what is the procedure to renew my U.S visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rachie83: 3:07am On Aug 23, 2017
ediku208:
Pls room I need help

My salary is 160k

Everything is at discretion of the Visa officer, he/she will look at it if you have ties in Nigeria something that can bring you back to Nigeria eg if you are married, have kids etc that doesn't mean single ones are not being granted visa but all is in the hands of the VO to decide.I will suggest you read through this thread to be more informed of what can boost your chances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.