Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530829 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
wink wink wink
PinkSunset:
Good evening everyone. This is my first time commenting on This thread or any thread on Nairaland for that matter. However, I've been a silent reader.
My family (husband, me and our 3 shidrens grin ) Went for our visa interview yesterday. I only started following this thread after I had submitted our DS-160 forms (which took me 5 days to fill by the way). Trust me, every advice I read here was helpful. I even had some 'silent questions' which you people managed to answer and quell my fears.
Ok, let me get straight to the interview transcript.
HUBBY : Good morning.
VO : Good morning, Passports please
Hubby passed him the passports.
VO : Perfect.
VO : Why do you want to travel to the U.S.?
HUBBY : My family deserves a vacation. They have never been anywhere so I want to take them to the U.S for Easter vacation.
VO : Where in the U.S?
HUBBY : Los Angeles
VO : Why Los Angeles?
HUBBY : Well, because it's a beautiful place to be and there's a lot to see.
VO : Yes, it's beautiful. How long do you intend to stay?
ME : 14 days.
HUBBY : We plan to visit Orlando Florida as well because we would love to take our kids to Disneyland
VO : (Nods) How do you plan to get to Orlando from Los Angeles?
(in my mind, I was like "Hoin? Which kain question be this Kwanu? Are we going to trek before?"
HUBBY : From the Los Angeles airport, we'll catch a flight to Orlando
(I 'high-fived' hubby in my mind)
grin

Congrats to the families @Pinksunset... cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Angelsteveayika: 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
good day my dear friends, pls i want you guys to help me out, my interview is scheduled on 27 Saturday morning 8:am to be precised.. i have someone who wants to sponsor me and my sister for a youth leadership programme coming up in September, so i jst want to know what our chances will b on that day in Abuja. pls i need quick response. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adegbulugbe(m): 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
chloe7:
try to reschedule after a day or two by then the receipt number will be unlocked, just incase you need to fill another ds-160 maybe you have thought of errors in the past one you scheduled an appointment with, fill another before rescheduling, because you can only schedule an appointment twice on one mrv receipt, I mean if you miss your first appointment you can only schedule just once again before you now have to pay another fees, cheers!

Thanks a lot I've rescheduled now it all work,pls guide me through my interview,the last time I was refuse cause he asked why am I going for a tourist alone without my wife nd I told him my wife leave period with mine are not on same period but he refused me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 7:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
Enter person(s) traveling with you
Pls, I want to know something on this section, i want to add someone's name on the DS 160 form, will she have to purchase her own form & pay for her own visa for the interview or they'll just ask for her passport pls help out house
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
schweinsteiger:

Pls, I want to know something on this section, i want to add someone's name on the DS 160 form, will she have to purchase her own form & pay for her own visa for the interview or they'll just ask for her passport pls help out house
please be a little more explicit, are the both of you applying together or does the person have a visa already, if the person has a visa already and you both are travelling together enter the persons name in the section of persons travelling with you, but if the person is also seeking a visa the person has to fill another form because pay her visa fees and schedule her interview, cheers

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2016
Adegbulugbe:

Thanks a lot I've rescheduled now it all work,pls guide me through my interview,the last time I was refuse cause he asked why am I going for a tourist alone without my wife nd I told him my wife leave period with mine are not on same period but he refused me
just try to be consistent with your story that's all, don't worry it will come out well, what date were you able to get when you rescheduled
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 10:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
chloe7:
please be a little more explicit, are the both of you applying together or does the person have a visa already, if the person has a visa already and you both are travelling together enter the persons name in the section of persons travelling with you, but if the person is also seeking a visa the person has to fill another form because pay her visa fees and schedule her interview, cheers
Thanks.. now i understand, she doesn't have a visa, but i want us to do the interview together, how do i go about that please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
schweinsteiger:

Thanks.. now i understand, she doesn't have a visa, but i want us to do the interview together, how do i go about that please
when it is time to schedule the interview you will schedule as a group, it is straightforward, when you get to the scheduling step you will see what to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 11:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
chloe7:
when it is time to schedule the interview you will schedule as a group, it is straightforward, when you get to the scheduling step you will see what to do.
oh!! ikr.. thanks alot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:02pm On Feb 04, 2016
schweinsteiger:

Also, hope she's family - immediate relative (siblings, parents,etc) or wife? If not, you can't interview together. Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 12:00am On Feb 05, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Also, hope she's family - immediate relative (siblings, parents,etc) or wife? If not, you can't interview together. Regards
wow.. not a relative
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adegbulugbe(m): 6:34am On Feb 05, 2016
chloe7:
just try to be consistent with your story that's all, don't worry it will come out well, what date were you able to get when you rescheduled

8february..that was on Monday
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2016
Biko nu unu ewena iwe
Ejor Ma binu
Mbok eku yaresit
Abegi no vex
Chairmans and chairwomans
Is it that the past 200 years I have been on Nl, I have not touched a banker's life? That nobody has said LadyG , my bank is changing dollars codedly. I dey Lag. Come mae I hepp u change for you and your sister when u de travel with?!
Hm! Diaris God o! cry
Is beg I'm begging o!God bless u as PM me to come to your branch grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olusola009: 9:35am On Feb 05, 2016
Good Morning,

Please how do I know that I have successfully schedule an appointment date. This morning I tried to pick a date as 9th of February came up, I followed the step and I got to a page "dropbox confirmation letter" and there was no other page than for me to print this page.

Again, how do I know have successfully pick a date, because I felt I will see other information such as time, date etc.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:42am On Feb 05, 2016
[quote author=olusola009 post=42637080]Good Morning,

Please how do I know that I have successfully schedule an appointment date. This morning I tried to pick a date as 9th of February came up, I followed the step and I got to a page "dropbox confirmation letter" and there was no other page than for me to print this page.

Again, how do I know have successfully pick a date, because I felt I will see other information such as time, date etc.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:44am On Feb 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Biko nu unu ewena iwe
Ejor Ma binu
Mbok eku yaresit
Abegi no vex
Chairmans and chairwomans
Is it that the past 200 years I have been on Nl, I have not touched a banker's life? That nobody has said LadyG , my bank is changing dollars codedly. I dey Lag. Come mae I hepp u change for you and your sister when u de travel with?!
Hm! Diaris God o! cry
Is beg I'm begging o!God bless u as PM me to come to your branch grin
Thanks [/quote]
Lol, quite funny. But the Stanbic Option nko? Thought it is up and running smoothly o. Or all those ones wey we dey hear na just gist? Actually felt that is an option you would have explored in terms of PTA matters before now sef
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:52am On Feb 05, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Thanks
Lol, quite funny. But the Stanbic Option nko? Thought it is up and running smoothly o. Or all those ones wey we dey hear na just gist? Actually felt that is an option you would have explored in terms of PTA matters before now sef
Wait! U think I used to carry last? I don turn stanbic shareholder but their dollar Haff finish. Until they get again . We de wait dem.

@olusola. Is it dropbox you are doing? U do not need a date.u just stroll into the dhl office on a day that is suitable to u

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:54am On Feb 05, 2016
olusola009:
Good Morning,

Thanks
You don't need an embassy appointment from there, that's all there is to it as far as appointment is concerned for those qualified for dropbox. Take the printed copy of dropbox confirmation letter, your MRV receipt, DS160 confirmation page printout, your International Passport, the embassy's approved standard Passport size photograph and go submit them at the DHL office you chose while trying to book the appointment. They will forward same to the embassy and you will be informed when it's time for pick up at DHL after visa is issued or you may then be called in for an interview. Na so e reach
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olusola009: 9:59am On Feb 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Wait! U think I used to carry last? I don turn stanbic shareholder but their dollar Haff finish. Until they get again . We de wait dem.

@olusola. Is it dropbox you are doing? U do not need a date.u just stroll into the dhl office on a day that is suitable to u

Am not renewing through dropbox. Since have not gotten the visa before, am trying to pick an interview date. Kindly advise the steps to pick a date. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:59am On Feb 05, 2016
schweinsteiger:

wow.. not a relative
Then you sure can't interview together
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:05am On Feb 05, 2016
olusola009:

Am not renewing through dropbox. Since have not gotten the visa before, am trying to pick an interview date. Kindly advise the steps to pick a date. Thanks
Okay then. Just get ready to pay another MRV fee really sha, that's if you actually have arrived at and are now stuck at the page where you see "dropbox confirmation letter". In essence, you have followed the steps wrongly and you gat to pay again. Unless it's a system glitch that led to that occurrence sha
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olusola009: 10:14am On Feb 05, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Okay then. Just get ready to pay another MRV fee really sha, that's if you actually have arrived at and are now stuck at the page where you see "dropbox confirmation letter". In essence, you have followed the steps wrongly and you gat to pay again. Unless it's a system glitch that led to that occurrence sha

Hello sir, what I seek is for you to please provide me the steps to book an appointment.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 05, 2016
Adegbulugbe:

8february..that was on Monday
yes 8th February is on monday, all the best with your interview, cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tuutuu: 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
Good morning LadyGuinivere.

Please does filling a new DS-160 form to correct an omission mean that my MRV receipt is no longer valid for an interview scheduled for tomorrow and will my bar-code change.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
tuutuu:
Good morning LadyGuinivere.

Please does filling a new DS-160 form to correct an omission mean that my MRV receipt is no longer valid for an interview scheduled for tomorrow and will my bar-code change.

Thank you.
It means your barcode will indeed change and not match the one u used to book the interview unless u are able to get the embassy to swap the forms before tomorrow
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tuutuu: 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2016
Thank you LadyG

Do you advise l do a verbal communication of the omission of my previously refused visa rather than refilling the form. This was not an intended wrong. Will that suffice?

Your kind response will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
tuutuu:
Thank you LadyG

Do you advise l do a verbal communication of the omission of my previously refused visa rather than refilling the form. This was not an intended wrong. Will that suffice?

Your kind response will be appreciated.

No it will not suffice because the vo's peruse your forms before they ask u questions.
Remember your info is on record. The vo will just view both forms and naturally be biased against u that u wish to misrepresent.
U can try your luck sha o and try to chip it in at the start of the interview but that may be a 2 edged sword
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tuutuu: 2:07pm On Feb 05, 2016
Thank you LadyG for your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SekSek: 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
House,

Abeg am just filling the online application form and i wasnt asked abt my travel history or they dont ask anymore? i hope am filling the right form cry

by the way, couldnt make payment at gt bank o, heard its bankwide - i hope the 62k gist isnt about to take place.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bukanjay: 4:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
It will be a disservice to this forum if i don't give back. Few days to my interview last Dec(2015) i came across this forum when i typed 'likely interview questions' or something like that on google search engine. Since then I've not close d tabcheesy. I refresh almost every day to read new posts. Also i read posts on https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening. Have i gained a lot? oh yes!!. I cant remember the exact page on these forums that i first opened; but something i read changed everything(i think its Justwise or someone else that posted d statement;paraphrasing d end of d comment that all in all it's God's favour and to pray and pray) and i was calm to d day of my interview knowing i could be asked any question and should be prepared. It's my first time of going for a US interview even though i paid visa application fee in 2013 and filled my ds-160, i never submitted(its d same profile that i updated this time). And to not repeat same again, i scheduled an appointment before submitting my application. i've only traveled to one West Africa country cos of my job. Aside that, my pally is almost 'virgin'. I decided to book an hotel against getting invitation letter from relatives or friends. Got all d necessary documents and asked some friends that are more experienced to vet before submitting d application 3 days to my interview. I chose 10am for my interview.

Transcrpt(i will try and remember and write all d questions asked some not in particular order. D interview didn't last more than 2 mins!)
VO; gud morning(male)
Me; Morning(with a smile, but i didnt overdo it and i was a bit nervous it didn't show though)
VO; can u pass ur passport pls(i did with my confirmation& ppoto which he returned. Checked d stamps from my one W/A country trips on my passport)
VO; why do u want to go to d US
Me; i just want to visit there for d first time(i look at him directly; im trained to look at clients directly even when u are nervous)
VO; what do u do
Me; im an ----- consultant
VO; what is blah(i thot he didnt know d corporation since its a US one and im sure he saw d look on my face!! embarassed grin
Me; Its a US org(shocking he wouldnt know right tongue grin)
VO; no i mean what do u use blah for
Me; oooh(and seriously i was relieved but i wasnt expecting a job interview question to be asked while aplying for a Visa!) and then i gave d description of what d application is used for(i already filled this in my ds-160, guess he wanted to confirm if im telling d truth about my job&duty, VO typing and all d while nodding his head while i tell him what i know and do).
VO; U said u are going for 10 days
Me; yes
VO; what are u going for
Me; Vacation and i have my hotel reservation details here(i touched my parcel of documents, he didnt ask to see it)
VO; are u going to see some old friends while there
Me; it will be nice to see them. i will see if that will be possible once i get there(nods and he continues to type. I filled in my 2013 form that i will be staying with a friend, though i didn't submit d form back then and didn't schedule an appointment.)
Vo; are u going with anyone, do u hv kids
Me; no not at this time and no kids yet(said this with a smile, note though im in my late 30s)
VO; are u married
Me; no but im in a civil/domestic union(d name of my partner is on d application form i submitted and he continues to nod)
And then out of the blues(he stopped asking questions for few seconds and concentrated typing/flipping thru something on his system, while i took in my surroundings;was actually smiling at a small child behind that was been naughty as usual grin. Was a bit carried away when he asked his last question which i think was an after thought. Thank God, i calculated fast)
VO;how much do u earn after tax
Me;my salary is paid in blah currency& after tax blah amount (i only stated d basic in my application, i didn't include d expense which is d same as d basic. and its d basic that i mentioned too during d interview. I pay tax on only d basic salary. Expense is meant for my expenses; rent and so on. And if my statement account were to be checked its only d basic and maybe a fraction of my expense that will reflect, i wont be able to account for d rest. While filling d form i used d official exchange rate. I followed d advise i got here to always states what best reflects my position).
VO; (with a smile) ur visa is approved---------------(honestly i did not hear d rest of d statement as he handed me d white paper!!)
None of my documents was checked!!!

Though i couldn't travel last Xmas, didn't get my passport back on time(i got it back after 5 days of AP), had to cancel my plans and maybe will travel before Easter.

Thank you all so much!!! I've gained a lot from u all(always be truthful) cheesy cheesy cheesy
And sorry for my long epistle!!! Hope this will be helpful to others too.
Posted this too on d other forum.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by brotundes: 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
Where did u took d interview Abuja or Lagos?k
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 6:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Okay, will help thee. Just fill and be done with your DS160 stuff, then attempt to follow the interview scheduling thing, answer the questions as they come, if your answers qualifies you for dropbox the system will generate a Dropbox Confirmation slip for you and allow you input the receipt number for a non-existent interview. Print the slip and your DS160 confirmation page, take these along with your international passport and passport size photograph to the DHL office you chose and submit for onward transmission the US Embassy. Once your visa is ready you will be notified to pick up from DHL, just as you may also be asked to come in for an interview.

N.B.
Don't forget to change the old DS160 number to the current one in your profile as you do all of these o

Thanks alot....

Followed your instructions and all went smooth

Appreciate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.