Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531183 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by goshen26: 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

1. The US and UK are different countries. A refusal to one country Does not mean automatic refusal to other
However, you muust convince the VO that you will return to nigeria if you are Granted visa. Sometimes , they look at previous travel history as a guide.
2. Under no circumstance however should u lie about the Refusals

Please Lady G...I got an invitation to attend a family wedding in the US. Please can you gimme the guidelines to applying for US visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ofime123(m): 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
Derende:
You are good to go. Your passport won't show on the confirmation page. It can only show if you want to print your completed ds 160 form in case you want to have it for future reference purpose.Best of luck in your upcoming interview.
thanks cus others are saying it must be on the confirmation page
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
A little research on this forum, will give you the answers you seek. All your questions have been answered.

MrMash:
Good evening house I work with a new generation bank and I have an annual income of 4.2m.

I would like to go for holiday in the US early next year.

I don't know anyone there and I will be staying in an hotel for the 4 weeks I will be there.

I have two questions.

1.Can my payslip be substituted for my statement of account (As my statement shows too much info about my spending pattern).

2. I am presently single and my office should provide me with an introduction letter. Is my job enough tie?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Twostep: 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
A little research on this forum, will give you the answers you seek. All your questions have been answered.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sim4fx(m): 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hi Everyone.

I had been following and read through the thread.

Please what do you guys think about this.

I was to attend a leadership training for 3 weeks from Oct 1st to 25th, i went though the qualifying test through out July and August and got invitation early September. By the time i paid and book appointment i got 18th October for Interview which is the middle of the Leadership training already.

If i should present that to the VO, my chances could be NO, though another Leadership conference had been slated for March/April 2018 but i am thinking of changing my application for vacation and visiting in December, so that by March i do not need to go queue for visa but just fly for my Training having received 2 years multiple visa.

Please what do you think about this? Is this thought right?

Oh, just recollected i called Lagos Embassy to see if i can change my appointment date and told the Customer service my reason, which i believe she would have noted in their system. i f i go for vacation and visiting hope it won't go against me?

I am Married with 3 kids
I am head of Operation for an IT company and collect 218k after taxation
I'd only travel to Ghana 5 years ago in 2012 for vacation.
Intend vacation to New York and road travel to visit my in-law in Philadelphia.

Please kindly advice!

LadyG, Seye, Sabastian, KaptainAfrica and others.

Expecting your reply.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 8:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
goshen26:

Please Lady G...I got an invitation to attend a family wedding in the US. Please can you gimme the guidelines to applying for US visa
Omo see advert for signature oh.. ..this man must be an igbo man.. . grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 8:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
sim4fx:
Hi Everyone.

I was to attend a leadership training for 3 weeks from Oct 1st to 25th, i went though the qualifying test through out July and August and got invitation early September. By the time i paid and book appointment i got 18th October for Interview which is the middle of the Leadership training already.

If i should present that to the VO, my chances could be NO, though another Leadership conference had been slated for March/April 2018 but i am thinking of changing my application for vacation and visiting in December, so that by March i do not need to go queue for visa but just fly for my Training having received 2 years multiple visa.

Oh, just recollected i called Lagos Embassy to see if i can change my appointment date and told the Customer service my reason, which i believe she would have noted in their system. i f i go for vacation and visiting hope it won't go against me?

I am Married with 3 kids

Please kindly advice!

Expecting your reply.

Thanks
It's good you know that d dates on Oct is not too favourable, so you have taken the right steps to look forward to 2018,yet,i know B1/B2 should be sufficient for your intention, but using a vacation intention as against the prospective leadership training in March/April,might count against you at the POE, unless you visit the US in Dec for your vacation, then, Yes, you may as well use it in March.... .just explain to the CBP officer at the POE, you would have already earned trust in your Dec trip
cool cool
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
You are good to go. This is a logical explanation, but practise till you are able to explain it as fast as possible. You missed the 2017 training, you would like to now go for the vacation first, then go for the 2018 training. Even if you are not given for the vacation, you can come back and apply for the training, and you will still be consistent. IMHO.

sim4fx:
Hi Everyone.

I am Married with 3 kids

Please kindly advice!

Expecting your reply.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keyshalee14: 8:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
My acc balance is 3.8 he refused after seeing d balance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keyshalee14: 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
keyshalee14:
good evening my visa interview. pls spot my mistake.
me: Good morning.
vo: Good morning
me: nice shirt
vo:smiles Thank You
vo:passport
ne:here you go (smiling)
vo:why are you going to the US?
me: for my wedding shopping, I'm going to xoxo bridal for my wedding gown and accessories and I'm also going to xoxo men shop to get tuxedo for my fiancee and my son.

vo: oh you have a son, how old?
me:he's 3years old, I had him before I met my fiancee.
vo: why must you shop in America?
me: my wedding day is going to be one of the most memorable day of my life and I wouldn't want to settle for any kind of knockoff wedding gown and I want online in quest of my dream dress but I settled for xoxo shop , trust me when I say the shoo carries a great varieties of wedding dresses for every budget. I then contacted the branch at orlando.

vo: why is your son not going with you?
me: during the period I will be leaving for shopping, school will be preparing for exams, I can't allow my son skip school for 10days.

vo: why is your fiancee not going?
me: the kind of job my fiancee dose is a very busy one, he wants he's annual leave to call on our wedding period.

vo: what do you do? I'm a lecture at xoxo university.

vo: what is your duty ?
me: xoxoxoxoxo
vo: what is your annual salary?
me: 2.3m
vo: who will be with your kid while you are away?
me: my mum
vo: have you travelled out of Nigeria?
me: no but I did my 1st to 5th grade in Ghana, then returned to nigeria after my dad's contract in Ghana ended.

next thing was , sorry you aing qualified at this moment .
after looking at my bank statement . it's 3.8m

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mcafeez: 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
Please gurus respond...
mcafeez:
Hello bosses in the house.. I have being a silent reader for long time now.. I would like to ask some questions for a friend.. He studied his degree abroad from 2010 - 2014 which he visits Nigeria at least once in every Nov or Dec each year. He came home immediately after graduation �and served(Nysc) then start an IT consulting and training company in 2015.. during his studies he never overstayed in **bleep** country for any stupid reason and he had visited Singapore for vacation... He got South Africa visits visa 3 times between 2015-2016 but he couldn't visit SA due to his commitment to his business. He is single, he has a house and a car.. Please Gurus, here is my question, can the three South African visas not used arise a concern from the VO's view? And does his Business & travel history serve as enough ties to Nigeria... His planning to visit Chicago on vacation by December
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keyshalee14: 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2017

me:here you go (smiling)

me: for my wedding shopping, I'm going to xoxo bridal for my wedding gown and accessories and I'm also going to xoxo men shop to get tuxedo for my fiancee and my son.

me: my wedding day is going to be one of themost memorable day of my life and I wouldn't want to settle for any kind of knockoff wedding gown and I want online in quest of my dream dress but I settled for xoxo shop , trust me when I say the shoo carries a great varieties of wedding dresses for every budget. I then contacted the branchat orlando.

me: during the period I will be leaving for shopping, school will be preparing for exams,I can't allow my son skip school for 10days.

me: the kind of job my fiancee dose is a very busy one, he wants he's annual leave to call on our wedding period.

me: xoxoxoxoxovo: what is your annual salary?

me: 2.3m after tax

vo: where will you be staying?

me: I made hotel reservation at xoxoxxxox

me: no but I did my 1st to 5th grade in Ghana,then returned to nigeria after my dad's contract in Ghana ended.

vo: bank statement?

I have him and i have 3.8m

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mcafeez: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
keyshalee14:

me: my wedding day is going to be one of themost memorable day of my life and I wouldn't want to settle for any kind of knockoff wedding gown and I want online in quest of my dream dress but I settled for xoxo shop , trust me when I say the shoo carries a great varieties of wedding dresses for every budget. I then contacted the branchat orlando. ( maybe u could have kept it short with reasonable summary and maybe VO think u can get it here in Naija

me: during the period I will be leaving for shopping, school will be preparing for exams,I can't allow my son skip school for 10days.

me: no but I did my 1st to 5th grade in Ghana,then returned to nigeria after my dad's contract in Ghana ended.
( I think ur no should be no here.. Since no record for it..... And also u were small back then, that's not an important travel experience... This might make the VO think u at desperate)

The two things I can only guess has been highlighted... Gurus in the house has better reason and suggestions.... Im just a silent follower/observer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
keyshalee14:

Well, travel experience area not neat. Even if you were "lieing" all through sef, it held itself together somehow in my assessment sha, though I can pick the likely lies in there, e.g the 3year old and fiance part to create ties for self. However, if the bank statement part is correct and true as written above, that the interview actually stopped there, it then means your "story" crumbled and fell like a pack of card right there. The discrepancy in figure and the likelihood of a fake bank statement did you in, simple! #BalmnessFailDespiteIntenseEfforts

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
@AbujaNIV sir, I see you are strolling "pass" our thread, please, this current trend we read about lately as touching checking of documents for B visas for tourism (holidaying) purpose, how true is this? Seems there's a change of approach or are we reading over-bloated transcripts? Regards sir....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sim4fx(m): 11:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
Sebastine1606:

It's good you know that d dates on Oct is not too favourable, so you have taken the right steps to look forward to 2018,yet,i know B1/B2 should be sufficient for your intention, but using a vacation intention as against the prospective leadership training in March/April,might count against you at the POE, unless you visit the US in Dec for your vacation, then, Yes, you may as well use it in March.... .just explain to the CBP officer at the POE, you would have already earned trust in your Dec trip
cool cool

Thank you Sebastine
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sim4fx(m): 11:51pm On Sep 15, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
You are good to go. This is a logical explanation, but practise till you are able to explain it as fast as possible. You missed the 2017 training, you would like to now go for the vacation first, then go for the 2018 training. Even if you are not given for the vacation, you can come back and apply for the training, and you will still be consistent. IMHO.

Thanks KaptainAfrica. I appreciate your thought.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:54pm On Sep 15, 2017
ofime123:
thanks cus others are saying it must be on the confirmation page

Believe that info you just read? Can't be correct! Well, I will just research, maybe for myself alone though....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 12:16am On Sep 16, 2017
keyshalee14:

me: my wedding day is going to be one of themost memorable day of my life and I wouldn't want to settle for any kind of knockoff wedding gown and I want online in quest of my dream dress but I settled for xoxo shop , trust me when I say the shoo carries a great varieties of wedding dresses for every budget. I then contacted the branchat orlando.

The only thing I can sketch out and feel went wrong is that you were like "self overrated"...VOs stays in our community with us, eats with us and so thinks like us, they have master minded the ability to see thru your lies if you lie, great challenge you took by agreeing you have a child,but the bank statement, if it's true, the money may not be much for the vo, you want to shop for your wedding, how much are those in $,inclusive of your fiancee's,your travel itinerary, your hotel, your contingencies and overall, you don't want to spend all on this trip and start from square one,so maybe your funds wasnt just enough

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Modeola: 12:57am On Sep 16, 2017
hello house, i am a silent reader and i really appreciate your efforts on this forum.
my wife and 2 kids were denied this week on thursday and i dont know where we
got it all wrong. below is our transcript

VO: Good morning
me: good morning
VO: pls pass me your passsports
VO: why are you going to america
me: we are traveling for our vacation to new jersey because of the interesting places in
new jersey like turtleback zoo for the kids and also because new jersey has the highest
number of shopping malls which can be an opportunity for us to have a nice vacation.
vo: where in new jersey
me: chris gatlin recreation center, hudson play
vo: where do you work
me: i work with xxxx company
vo: what do they d
me: the company is into the sale of small scale construction machines such as compactors,
wheelers diesel generators...
vo: what is your position there
me: i am a marketing executive
vo:how long have you worked there
me: 4 years
he now turned to my wife and asked her
vo: madam where do you work?
wife: i work with Bleep bank as an internal control officer and she started to
give details of her job description before another question
vo : how long have you worked there?
At this point my wife didnt grab the last question about how long has she been working
and i couldnt interrupt her in a bid not to appear as if i was trying to put words in her mouth
vo: are these your only kids?
my wife and i answered in the affirmative.
vo: is this your first trip out of the country?
wifey and i: yes
the next thing he did was that he put all the 4 passports together and said
vo: unfortunately,we wont be able to issue you a visa right now as you can reapply
some other time, thank you and now handed the blue paper.

to be honest, all the people b4 me on the queue were handed the blue paper, even a
couple who had a baby who the same vo was waving at.

i earn 200k monthly while my wife earns 318k. while answering his questions i failed to acknowledge
the fact that we are visiting a friend who works as a naval officer with the us navy. and not even his home address
was mentioned by me out of anxiety.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 16, 2017
Good morning
Pls I need your opinion,
the name on my passport say surname OJO, first name SEUN, other names SARAH

The name on all my other documents says surname OJO, first name OLUWASEUN, other name SARAH.

And I have traveled out if Nigeria like 4times with the passport to different places .

Now I want to apply for USA visiting visa, is Der going to b any problem or is Der anything I should do, Cus with the way people are taking about this USA embassy it scares the sh*t out of me, I hate to b refuse oo. Pls help me on any info you have.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 7:59am On Sep 16, 2017
With your income of over 2million naira you should have traveled out to other countries for vacation which should have counted as travel experience. And again are you really saying the truth. Reapply after your wedding or a year later.
IMO
keyshalee14:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:09am On Sep 16, 2017
MrMash:
Good evening house I work with a new generation bank and I have an annual income of 4.2m.

I would like to go for holiday in the US early next year.

I don't know anyone there and I will be staying in an hotel for the 4 weeks I will be there.

I have two questions.

1.Can my payslip be substituted for my statement of account (As my statement shows too much info about my spending pattern).

2. I am presently single and my office should provide me with an introduction letter. Is my job enough tie?

What's your travel history like and where in the US are you planning to do 4 weeks in an hotel? And what is the justification for your fear about your bank statement even though it is not needed, and how does that concern a VO?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by goshen26: 8:33am On Sep 16, 2017
Sebastine1606:

Omo see advert for signature oh.. ..this man must be an igbo man.. . grin grin grin

Lol.....man must chop na
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ofime123(m): 8:38am On Sep 16, 2017
Twostep:

PLEASE So what's the other person having her interview interview next week suppose to do? As she has already filled printed out the ds-160 form without uploading a photo?

As for the transcript i cant say much as he inly breifed me over the phone and is'nt on NL hence maybe why it's not detailed enough. Thanks
i believe if u didn't upload passport the form will not move to the next stage of submitting so how did u do it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2017
pheebe:
Good morning
Pls I need your opinion,
the name on my passport say surname OJO, first name SEUN, other names SARAH

The name on all my other documents says surname OJO, first name OLUWASEUN, other name SARAH.

And I have traveled out if Nigeria like 4times with the passport to different places .

Now I want to apply for USA visiting visa, is Der going to b any problem or is Der anything I should do, Cus with the way people are taking about this USA embassy it scares the sh*t out of me, I hate to b refuse oo. Pls help me on any info you have.

No big ish, explainable. As long as name on passport and application tallies.... And there's also room in your application for you to fill in any other name you've been known by.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 16, 2017
OmoBendel24:

No big ish, explainable. As long as name on passport and application tallies.... And there's also room in your application for you to fill in any other name you've been known by.

Okay, thank you, that means the OLUWA not in the SEUN on the passport doesn't matter.
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2017
keyshalee14:
My acc balance is 3.8 he refused after seeing d balance

Your strings of income (monthly salaries, daily sales etc.) is more important than your account balance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Twostep: 1:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
ofime123:
i believe if u didn't upload passport the form will not move to the next stage of submitting so how did u do it

I'm lost myself.. attached here is what the printed confirmation page looks like. Please house, what do we do?? Interview is this comn week! No photo uploaded.. the person assumed she would snap and attach on gettn there.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mcafeez: 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hello bosses in the house.. I have being a silent reader for long time now.. I would like to ask some questions for a friend.. He studied his degree abroad from 2010 - 2014 which he visits Nigeria at least once in every Nov or Dec each year. He came home immediately after graduation �and served(Nysc) then start an IT consulting and training company in 2015.. during his studies he never overstayed in **bleep** country for any stupid reason and he had visited Singapore for vacation... He got South Africa visits visa 3 times between 2015-2016 but he couldn't visit SA due to his commitment to his business. He is single, he has a house and a car.. Please Gurus, here is my question, can the three South African visas not used arise a concern from the VO's view? And does his Business & travel history serve as enough ties to Nigeria... His planning to visit Chicago on vacation by December

@omobendel24 @kaptainafrika
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2017
Pls can I apply into a school or the i20 form if I travel to the USA with a tourist visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
Yes, you may apply for a school and obtain an I-20 while in the US on a b1/b2 tourist visa. You may also do so from outside the US. You may not, however, enroll in school while in the US on a b1/b2 visa. If you want to actually enroll and attend classes, you'll need to apply for and obtain a student visa (F,M, or J).
pheebe:
Pls can I apply into a school or the i20 form if I travel to the USA with a tourist visa.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.