Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,879 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1529098 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:29am On Sep 24, 2017
opomulero:
Good morning house.

How can one declare another country visa obtained but did not proceed on the journey in ds-160?

Cos someone cant name it among th
e countries someone have travelled to.
For starters, having a visa and not using it dosent add anything to your application because what is assessed is "actual travel history "
Second , the VOs ask both in the form and face to face ' which countries you have visited ' . You can decide to quip it in that though you have Bla Bla visa you haven't used it. I'm on the opinions that it could go both ways as one person may see it as trying too much. Getting a visa to influence the US embassy. Another person may consider it a plus. In my opinion again ( as usual) it depends on the country's visa. If it's like UK that takes time to review ties, good. If it's countries that your can buy the visas online or through agents, it's worth nothing.
Be that as it may, the visa should be on your passport abi? The vo can see it if he leafs through.
Invest some time reading this thread for more tips on how to answer questions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2017
OmoBendel24:

At the first bolded doesn't seem like a joke to me though, dunno why he asked. @the travel history bolded[b] oftentimes indicates a fake discovery or something not just summing up as per the claimed travel history[/b] and instant end of interview with a refusal, I stand to be corrected anyways, but this has a couple of times been the case.
Are you saying @ the bolded was not true, or
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 11:36am On Sep 24, 2017
Sebastine1606:

I mean travel history
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
Sebastine1606:

He meant that either the poster's travel history was fake or
The vo may have thought it was as there have been cases where folks carried fake stamps and the VOs just denied them without telling them why
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mayowa94: 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
please what are my chances if am invited by a farm in usa for 3weeks training
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

The vo may have thought it was as there have been cases where folks carried fake stamps and the VOs just denied them without telling them why
Oh OK,this is great,its one thing VOs NEED to look at properly,confirming the authencity of an applicants claim on travel,there should be a way of doing that,instead of the general "assumption" that it may just be a "fake"
Thank you mummy... grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
mayowa94:
please what are my chances if am invited by a farm in usa for 3weeks training
Only a VO can tell you this, when you are been conducted interview, nobody can tel you about your chances, so many people has gotten visas DT shocked us,so,issues about chances are meant for VOs
angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aremso(m): 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
seyewest:

It's my business because this is a public forum and why is it hard for you to swallow the truth. I don't know you from Adam and I'm sure I'm not in the position to make you happy or sad. The question is must you travel to U.S? find somewhere else to go.
it is that US i want to GO and by God grace, i will come back to share the testimonies on this platform

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jubrilar(m): 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Has he applied for a US Visa before today's interview?

No...this is his first time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jubrilar(m): 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

His travel history are not fake at all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jubrilar(m): 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
Sebastine1606:

Oh OK,this is great,its one thing VOs NEED to look at properly,confirming the authencity of an applicants claim on travel,there should be a way of doing that,instead of the general "assumption" that it may just be a "fake"
Thank you mummy... grin grin

His travel history is real ooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 3:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
Thanks....
LagosNIV:
Hello OmoBendel24 -

The vast majority of the time we do not ask for or read invitation letters, or pay much attention to who has invited an applicant. Because of this, in many circumstances, your hypothetical would not be viewed adversely. However, sometimes we do look at who has invited you, sometimes we may run their name through our databases. We are interested in your ties, not the ties of someone else. If there is something about the relationships between yourself and the person who has invited you and the person previously invited who has misused their visa which suggests to us that your ties may not be very strong, i.e. that you may also misuse a visa, that will definitely be viewed adversely.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
Share your transcripts, so others can learn. Its highly welcomed.

aremso:
it is that US i want to GO and by God grace, i will come back to share the testimonies on this platform
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
Sebastine1606:

Not exactly.... But I have read somewhere on NL before both from the VOs and applicants, the implication of either fake travels, visas or entry and exit stamps. The US visa can not share itself on a passport with a discovered fake on it. I remember a VO saying you can't beat him with a fake UAE stamp, and one applicant's fake common Ghana stamps was discovered too and she got refused the visa, went for an interview again, came out straight and apologised and had her visa granted, she actually talked and testified of these on this thread and the birthing thread.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Not exactly.... But I have read somewhere on NL before both from the VOs and applicants, the implication of either fake travels, visas or entry and exit stamps. The US visa can not share itself on a passport with a discovered fake on it. I remember a VO saying you can't beat him with a fake UAE stamp, and one applicant's fake common Ghana stamps was discovered too and she got refused the visa, went for an interview again, came out straight and apologised and had her visa granted, she actually talked and testified of these on this thread and the birthing thread.
But why will an applicant use fake dubai or Ghana stamp, places you could just visit easily, even Ghana,[b] you can do road walk[/b]or trek to Ghana, common mehn!!!!, it's just backyard here ooh
grin angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
OmoBendel24:

How can one discover fake visa stamp
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:12pm On Sep 24, 2017
aremso:
Amen and may God help you in your endeavors.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
pheebe:

well visa officers are trained to spot it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2017
seyewest:

well visa officers are trained to spot it.
Every Visa Has security features. The fake Visas don't have it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Every Visa Has security features. The fake Visas don't have it.

Pls what are those features to look out for.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
You shouldn't be worried about that. Once you applied for a visa from an embassy, the visa given will be authentic and can be verified by trained VO's.

pheebe:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 7:32pm On Sep 24, 2017
Do you have a fake visa stamp ?
pheebe:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
pheebe:

I'm not a vo so I don't know. I also have never bothered because I get my visas from the right places so no be my concern.
It shouldn't concern you as well now should it? Let those with fake visas worry. Unless you do. If you do, use your own hand show am to vo from the beginning of the interview

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
OtunOba15:
Do you have a fake visa stamp ?
shocked shocked shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abbeymaniak(m): 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
Pls gurus in d house, is it possible to change d status of a visiting visa inside d states to a student visa? Or does d person av to come back to Nigeria to do dat? Thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
abbeymaniak:
Pls gurus in d house, is it possible to change d status of a visiting visa inside d states to a student visa? Or does d person av to come back to Nigeria to do dat? Thanks in anticipation
Go back 5 or 4 pages. The vo recently answered this question
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Stirmatthew: 10:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
I have been reading from here for a while now but I have not been able to locate answer to the question in my mind.

I need to attend a training in New York from Nov 6 but after submitting my DS 160 today the earliest available date for interview is Nov 6. I contacted the organiser and I was told to go for the visa interview and apply for January training since one week would have been gone before entering US but a friend told me that I can reschedule my appointment hoping to get October or Nov 1 due to people that will probably cancel their appointments.

Please what is the best option in this kind of case and do I need to fill another DS 160?

Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 25, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Go back 5 or 4 pages. The vo recently answered this question

1. Is there a VO on this group?
2. I check from page 1 to 10 and I didn't see anything related to the question asked.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:39am On Sep 25, 2017
pheebe:

1. Is there a VO on this group?
2. I check from page 1 to 10 and I didn't see anything related to the question asked.
Unless you are abbeymaniak whom I replied I don't understand .. And I asked HIM to read back 5 pages....

LagosNiv And AbujaNIV are actual VOs who I'm addition to having thier own thread contribute here some times

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abbeymaniak(m): 9:09am On Sep 25, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Unless you are abbeymaniak whom I replied I don't understand .. And I asked HIM to read back 5 pages....

LagosNiv And AbujaNIV are actual VOs who I'm addition to having thier own thread contribute here some times

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jasmine1147: 9:35am On Sep 25, 2017
Hi Everyone

Just want to say good job guys
Got my visa today �

Transcript below

Vo: Hello how are you?
Me: Fine thank you, how are you?
Vo: Fine thank you

Vo: passport please
Me: Gave him my passport

Vo:why are you going to the US
Me: Vacation

Vo: How long have you been here
Me : blah blah blah
Vo: Are you a permanent residence
Me: yes ( passed him my card)

Vo: How long will you be staying
Me: 14days
Vo: where
Me: Los Angeles

Vo: where do you work
Me: bla blah blah
Vo: how much do you make monthly
Me: blah blah blah

Vo: Are you going with someone
Me: Yes my friend

Vo: Alright, will post your passport to you Address

Me:Thats it?
Vo: yeah

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 10:15am On Sep 25, 2017
I forgot the password of the account I opened some months ago, so I had to reset for a new passport. On assessing my account to book an appointment, it keeps telling the profile already exist. I sent a mail to ustraveldocs in regards to this on Wednesday but up till now I'm yet to get a response. I have being calling the provided customer care number (+234 1 440 6218) but it keeps disconnecting at the point of speaking to an agent.
Gurus, Any problem with similar problem that has been rectified? Your advice really count and if you know of a different contact number aside the bolded.

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.