Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531020 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Obhio, I am with you on this. Will be in Lag on Monday and will use the opportunity to enquire better as my trip approaches. Lady Guinivere will be of much help here now as she is the one to have experienced it lately. I be get Current account with Stanbic and Unity oo, but it's been long I used them
For now a lotta banks are changing.
U Need to have an account with the banks.
For Stanbic u need to prebook by emailing them 2 weeks prior and attach your visa and passport data page.
Unity changes but the place is filled with crooks.
FBN, UBN and lotsa other banks too. But this PTA fight is not a battle on the internet o! U have to dust out your walkin shoes aand trk from bank to bank, branch to branch

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

For now a lotta banks are changing.
U Need to have an account with the banks.
For Stanbic u need to prebook by emailing them 2 weeks prior and attach your visa and passport data page.
Unity changes but the place is filled with crooks.
FBN, UBN and lotsa other banks too. But this PTA fight is not a battle on the internet o! U have to dust out your walkin shoes aand trk from bank to bank, branch to branch
Lol I know. Will check things out in Lagos on Monday once opportune. All things being equal, trip is less than two weeks from now as it stands oo, what then happens to the Stanbic option? Why UNITY come be like so na, SMH.
Please, am I the only one suffering the auto-correct whatever here on nairaland as I type? Nuseating!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
Does anyone have experience with booking appointment for a group? Do they get interviewed together or what?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
nefertitiram:
Does anyone have experience with booking appointment for a group? Do they get interviewed together or what?

Yes they get interviewed together.... and they must complete the form individually and must state it at the junction where you are asked if you are applying as a group. after which you'll be asked to list them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by missexiest: 2:55pm On Feb 12, 2016
PLS HELP,My nephews interview is for next week friday and he cant find his visa fee receipt but he has already booked his appointment..will there be a problem if he doesnt go with the gtb visa fee receipt and is there anything he can do about it?Kindly help pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
missexiest:
PLS HELP,My nephews interview is for next week friday and he cant find his visa fee receipt but he has already booked his appointment..will there be a problem if he doesnt go with the gtb visa fee receipt and is there anything he can do about it?Kindly help pls
he must go with the Gtbank receipt it is not compulsory, let him go back to the bank where he paid and beg them to generate another one for him they ought to be able to
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Since you paid online you could get a screen grab of the final receipt page that was issued you online by GTbank.

also dont forget to go with a passport photograph (Just one)
those touts outside the embassy car park will try to confuse you that you need 2 passports
its a blatant lie (As i approached the embassy on my interview day they played the prank on me)

Okay.. thanks , i will print it out, my Hotel Reservation is a week even if i fill in 21 days, because i think would like to change hotel , hope no problem in that area? Again , must i book a flight with a return ticket?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2016
schweinsteiger:

Okay.. thanks , i will print it out, my Hotel Reservation is a week even if i fill in 21 days, because i think would like to change hotel , hope no problem in that area? Again , must i book a flight with a return ticket?
book a flight before interview?? Or after interview? If you are going visiting you have to book a return ticket or else they probably might just send you back if they see you on a one way ticket they will think you don't want to return to your country
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 4:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hello all
All the hotel booking sites I've seen always request for credit card info before the room can be reserved...am I doing something wrong or visiting the wrong sites?
Thx for ur contributions
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
chuckdee13:
Hello all
All the hotel booking sites I've seen always request for credit card info before the room can be reserved...am I doing something wrong or visiting the wrong sites?
Thx for ur contributions
yes it's normal to guarantee your hotel booking, they might charge the card and they may not, cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 5:24pm On Feb 12, 2016
chuckdee13:
Hello all
Thx for ur contributions

use bookingdotcom, it will ask for your cc but will not charge you, you have the option of also stating when you want to pay and how (Daily or CC) be sure to narrow your search to the cheapest by using the filter tab on the site, you could get pretty cheap hotels that way and you don't need to be scared if they charge you at the end.

lastly, on that site most of the hotels/motels/hostels offer free cancellation but it must be 2 days b4 ur arrival date. Tchussss!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 5:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
schweinsteiger:

Brother schweinsteiger.... you don't need an already booked hotel/reservation for the US interview, on your DS160 you may state a hotel you likely would stay if granted. the VO's will never ask you for your hotel reservation (UK would, not US).

Secondly, need no flight booking or reservation for your interview... it will shock you to note that your interview might not last 1:30mins even less sef. so all those senrenren is not needed.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Brother schweinsteiger.... you don't need an already booked hotel/reservation for the US interview, on your DS160 you may state a hotel you likely would stay if granted. the VO's will never ask you for your hotel reservation (UK would, not US).

Secondly, need no flight booking or reservation for your interview... it will shock you to note that your interview might not last 1:30mins even less sef. so all those senrenren is not needed.
oh no please stop dishing out these type of informations, basically the v.o's don't check but we have heard cases where they check every documents a person took there including hotel reservation, you are meant to advice people to be on a safe side and not this type of half cooked advice, it won't hurt if he books the hotel and cancels after everything but let him go to the interview over prepared than under prepared abeg

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
Beniyoha01:

use bookingdotcom, it will ask for your cc but will not charge you, you have the option of also stating when you want to pay and how (Daily or CC) be sure to narrow your search to the cheapest by using the filter tab on the site, you could get pretty cheap hotels that way and you don't need to be scared if they charge you at the end.

lastly, on that site most of the hotels/motels/hostels offer free cancellation but it must be 2 days b4 ur arrival date. Tchussss!
booking.com charges your card $105 or sometimes just to guarantee the booking and they refund when you cancel the booking.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by presido07: 5:51pm On Feb 12, 2016
@OP can u advise me I have a B1B2 visa can I get a job on getting to u.s
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
presido07:
you can't get a proper job on a b1/b2 visa only menial jobs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
Thx a lot. I guess I'll have to put my cc either way. Pls refer me to a site that won't charge much if they charge at all before I need to cancel the booking...u said bookingdotcom will charge me $105. Thx a lot for ur assistance.
chloe7:
yes it's normal to guarantee your hotel booking, they might charge the card and they may not, cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 6:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
Thx for ur advice. So if I use this site I can say I'll pay daily n that would make them not charge my cc? Pls clarify.
Beniyoha01:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 12, 2016
chuckdee13:
Thx a lot. I guess I'll have to put my cc either way. Pls refer me to a site that won't charge much if they charge at all before I need to cancel the booking...u said bookingdotcom will charge me $105. Thx a lot for ur assistance.
use a card that isn't funded on www.booking.com that way they can't charge anything from the card and when you done cancel the reservation and be sure to choose a reservation that is free cancellation. Cheers!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
Oh this is wonderful...thx for this. Thx so much.
chloe7:
use a card that isn't funded on www.booking.com that way they can't charge anything from the card and when you done cancel the reservation and be sure to choose a reservation that is free cancellation. Cheers!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 6:51pm On Feb 12, 2016
chuckdee13:
Oh this is wonderful...thx for this. Thx so much.

exactly what i do.... i use bookingdotcom but i use my 2nd accounts debit card thats not funded.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
presido07:

with the way you asked this question you just kept me wondering how you got the visa.....

Brother, dont make the mistake of absconding on a B1B2 visa. the troubles are enormous.

You cant work without having a resident permit, and that can take you forever to get....
No jobs as america currently have loads of jobless and homeless pple to cater for, dont add up...
No one will accommodate you that long till you get ur life in place, when you overstay your welcome you'll surely know....
if you are caught and thrown back, you are banned for life....
Most Nigerians who took this horrible route are stucked and regretting, they even miss home, but cant come and thats why the US now offer 2years multiple visa so you don't join in the fray....

Give urself brain... America of before is not the America of today oooo....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 7:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
chloe7:
oh no please stop dishing out these type of informations, basically the v.o's don't check but we have heard cases where they check every documents a person took there including hotel reservation, you are meant to advice people to be on a safe side and not this type of half cooked advice, it won't hurt if he books the hotel and cancels after everything but let him go to the interview over prepared than under prepared abeg

wouldn't want to argue over this..... but reality check, they wont ask, no one ever came back and said they were asked that.
but to be on a safe side..... BOOOK AM!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
Beniyoha01:

wouldn't want to argue over this..... but reality check, they wont ask, no one ever came back and said they were asked that.
but to be on a safe side..... BOOOK AM!
I won't even argue with you actually tongue lipsrsealed some people go and get all their documents checked while some go and none of their documents are checked, the centre of everyone's interview is always different, what entails for you won't be for someone else and also depends on the v.o that is interviewing, so if he goes and is asked where will you be staying he mentions and the v.o says do you have a hotel booking since you said you'll be staying in a hotel and says let me take a look abeg what will he now say? Someone on nairaland told me not to bother about booking because the person is the v.o cheesy cheesy cheesy I laugh in Chinese undecided

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
chloe7:
booking.com charges your card $105 or sometimes just to guarantee the booking and they refund when you cancel the booking.

No dey don't o! I jst booked today sef.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2016
nefertitiram:

No dey don't o! I jst booked today sef.
the took the money from my card sometime ago and I remember complaining on this thread and someone told me they did same to her but they refunded after I emailed them that I have cancelled the reservation and I wasn't doing again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by emjayfay(f): 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
After days of going on a rigmarole, I got some today at Stanbic IBTC!

Beniyoha01:
Hi everyone especially LagyG my G......

Would be heading to Las Vegas soon and want to know how (Process) to get dollars in this critical dollar crunch era shocked grin grin angry.
Please help a brother, i need to go with sufficient funds as Vegas seem to be a lot of fun.

Any other person with ideas/method(s) can put in their voice(s) too....

Thanks Fam!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:42pm On Feb 12, 2016
chloe7:
the took the money from my card sometime ago and I remember complaining on this thread and someone told me they did same to her but they refunded after I emailed them that I have cancelled the reservation and I wasn't doing again

It's d hotel. Next time look for a hotel that has 'free cancellation, pay when you stay" written jst close to reserve now"

Most times I use an empty account sef
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 11:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
Beniyoha01:

with the way you asked this question you just kept me wondering how you got the visa.....

Brother, dont make the mistake of absconding on a B1B2 visa. the troubles are enormous.

You cant work without having a resident permit, and that can take you forever to get....
No jobs as america currently have loads of jobless and homeless pple to cater for, dont add up...
No one will accommodate you that long till you get ur life in place, when you overstay your welcome you'll surely know....
if you are caught and thrown back, you are banned for life....
Most Nigerians who took this horrible route are stucked and regretting, they even miss home, but cant come and thats why the US now offer 2years multiple visa so you don't join in the fray....

Give urself brain... America of before is not the America of today oooo....

If I were u, I would have told him NO. He can't work with a visiting US visa
In summary, Dont abuse the terms of your visa. If u do, u will kiss a lifetime bye gone to the US
Google and see who Donald Trump is. If he becomes the POTUS ( likely he will ), u find it hard
However, why not visit the US, come back, visit again and again, renew your visa when it expires and then visit over and over again. Why must u make attempt to misuse your visa
A word is enough for the wise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
chuckdee13:

Get this right when or if you book hotel on booking.com they will never charge your card unless you exceed the validity of your booking(Validity can differ from a week to 2 days before you actual lodge) so it's better you look for hotels that accept free cancellation until few days to your actual lodging by that time you will know if you will actual lodge or even travel.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
nefertitiram:

It's d hotel. Next time look for a hotel that has 'free cancellation, pay when you stay" written jst close to reserve now"

Most times I use an empty account sef
since then I started using empty account to reserve although my money was refunded oh. Yes it was the hotel that took it and they made me understand that it's part of the terms and conditions on booking.com that they may decide to charge the card at their discretion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
My Lovely people I'm back in NIGERIA.
@LagosNIV You have a lovely country I will surely visit again.
We need to travel out and visit other country where things work so we will make our leaders answerable to us we need to open our mind and soul we deserve the best as well.
I'm tired it was a long trip. God bless you all.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.