Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,743 members, 7,806,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530398 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 11:54pm On Feb 12, 2016
Thx a lot for the clarification smiley
seyewest:

Get this right when or if you book hotel on booking.com they will never charge your card unless you exceed the validity of your booking(Validity can differ from a week to 2 days before you actual lodge) so it's better you look for hotels that accept free cancellation until few days to your actual lodging by that time you will know if you will actual lodge or even travel.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 12:41am On Feb 13, 2016
chloe7:
book a flight before interview?? Or after interview? If you are going visiting you have to book a return ticket or else they probably might just send you back if they see you on a one way ticket they will think you don't want to return to your country
Thanks alot dear
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 12:43am On Feb 13, 2016
chuckdee13:
Hello all
All the hotel booking sites I've seen always request for credit card info before the room can be reserved...am I doing something wrong or visiting the wrong sites?
Thx for ur contributions
guy i have gr8 idea for dat, i put expired credit card to get the reservation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 12:48am On Feb 13, 2016
chloe7:
oh no please stop dishing out these type of informations, basically the v.o's don't check but we have heard cases where they check every documents a person took there including hotel reservation, you are meant to advice people to be on a safe side and not this type of half cooked advice, it won't hurt if he books the hotel and cancels after everything but let him go to the interview over prepared than under prepared abeg
Both hotel and flight reservation i will get them without actually paying or putting my actual credit card
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 13, 2016
schweinsteiger:

Both hotel and flight reservation i will get them without actually paying or putting my actual credit card
you don't need flight until you get the visa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 8:19am On Feb 13, 2016
chloe7:
you don't need flight until you get the visa
IKR, because they warned, you don't really need to pay for flight or hotel till your visa is approved ..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
Please o please ehn if anyone has an idea of any flight sales to Atlanta abeg let us know on this forum because the quotes i'm getting is crazy 400k plus shocked shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
emjayfay:
After days of going on a rigmarole, I got some today at Stanbic IBTC!

Lolz..... Please we need your transcript on that, as in how you got ur PTA!
Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
schweinsteiger:

guy i have gr8 idea for dat, i put expired credit card to get the reservation

THATS NOT A GOOD ADVICE IF YOU ASK ME.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
chloe7:
Please o please ehn if anyone has an idea of any flight sales to Atlanta abeg let us know on this forum because the quotes i'm getting is crazy 400k plus shocked shocked

Infact.... The prices are mind blowing, this dollar wahala ehn. anyway i got qatar for 240k the stop overs are so long but what can i do, i no be Dasuki pikin or grand child. As a naija guy i'll cope.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Infact.... The prices are mind blowing, this dollar wahala ehn. anyway i got qatar for 240k the stop overs are so long but what can i do, i no be Dasuki pikin or grand child. As a naija guy i'll cope.
are you headed to Atlanta too? I no fit follow Qatar go America the stop over go be suffer head, I have a baby too although she doesn't have a visa yet sha
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
chloe7:
Shebi that route dey sell for less than 300k (KLM) as at today so na? Well, Book a New York return ticket (Delta) for less than 200k currently. The flights are going to ATL first before JFK. USE YOUR NUMBER 6 FROM THERE. Worse case scenario, buy a JFK-ATL return (local flight) for less than 200USD just in case issues are inherent in disembarking at ATL (I doubt though) on the international flight. It all comes to 250k tops via this style

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by emjayfay(f): 3:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Shebi that route dey sell for less than 300k (KLM) as at today so na? Well, Book a New York return ticket (Delta) for less than 200k currently. The flights are going to ATL first before JFK. USE YOUR NUMBER 6 FROM THERE. Worse case scenario, buy a JFK-ATL return (local flight) for less than 200USD just in case issues are inherent in disembarking at ATL (I doubt though) on the international flight. It all comes to 250k tops via this style

You are right. I got my LOS-ATL-JFk for 193,000 3days ago. Its now 205,000 on wakanow. But if u book it and vamoose at ATL, how will you handle the return leg? lol....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by emjayfay(f): 3:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Lolz..... Please we need your transcript on that, as in how you got ur PTA!
Thanks!

I must say this, it was simply a miracle! Didnt prebook and didnt know anyone there. I begged and begged and was ready to stay till whenever. They finally sold to me. It was also because my travel date is very close.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
OmoBendel24:

I saw that the flights are coming down in atlanta before going to Newyork infact ehn I tire, I want to visit their office at the airport here let them give me quotes, I no get 300k to enter aeroplane o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
emjayfay:

You are right. I got my LOS-ATL-JFk for 193,000 3days ago. Its now 205,000 on wakanow. But if u book it and vamoose at ATL, how will you handle the return leg? lol....
Lol! No be vamoosing I mean oo. That's the reason for the "worse case scenario" thrown in there. Seems the ones available now for 194k+ are in conjunction with KLM, meaning they fly you from Schipol to JFK direct. Give or take, 250k should be enough or almost enough
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
Chaii I am happy o! Our ministry is moving grin
Sometimes booking.com charges sometimes they don't. Discretionary. Read the fine print. Also book one u can cancel free.
Flight booking is absolutely un neccessary for visa application.
To work on a b visa is illegal and believe me, its not worth it.
The dollar matter? Join the rccg 50 day fast o! Ko easy at all!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=42892506]Chaii I am happy o! Our ministry is moving grin
Sometimes booking.com charges sometimes they don't. Discretionary. Read the fine print. Also book one u can cancel free.
Flight booking is absolutely un neccessary for visa application.
To work on a b visa is illegal and believe me, its not worth it.
The dollar matter? Join the rccg 50 day fast o! Ko easy at all![/quote

@LadyG how far? I know say New York cold die.. Me I don return home Man got to work as you know well will visit with my family at the tail end of summer... Have fun
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
You can actually get good prices for your trip to the U.S (JFK) all you need is to look well and be patient.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=seyewest post=42893123][/quote]
Its really really cold right now.
The kain cold when de make naija girl when hate coffee dey drink am as if na Amala and ewedu she de chop!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Its really really cold right now.
The kain cold when de make naija girl when hate coffee dey drink am as if na Amala and ewedu she de chop!
E dey make naija girl wan do self... grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
chloe7:
I saw that the flights are coming down in atlanta before going to Newyork infact ehn I tire, I want to visit their office at the airport here let them give me quotes, I no get 300k to enter aeroplane o
oya abeg gimme ur visa, make i pay grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ibrocoast: 11:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
I commended all in the house for the good work so far. especially LADY G, CHLOE and all others peeps who are so helpful to the room.
I need your immense advise on ma visa application. while filling the application, it requested for the uploading of the passport photograph (600×600pixel) which I did but declining it. I have been on this for a week but all to no avail. I just want to ask of I can omit it and proceed to appointment date. would this not backfire on me on the day of interview. would it not pose any problem? advice needed pls.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 11:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
ibrocoast:
I commended all in the house for the good work so far. especially LADY G, CHLOE and all others peeps who are so helpful to the room.
I need your immense advise on ma visa application. while filling the application, it requested for the uploading of the passport photograph (600×600pixel) which I did but declining it. I have been on this for a week but all to no avail. I just want to ask of I can omit it and proceed to appointment date. would this not backfire on me on the day of interview. would it not pose any problem? advice needed pls.
On the first stage daris tool on that photo page that helps you crop or test ur passport, i used one app on my macbook to resize mine tho, i think you can skip it and go with ur passport photograph nevertheless ..

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 14, 2016
ibrocoast:
yes that part gave me issues while filling the form, I uploaded one and it wasn't going through so I just clicked proceed and it told me i'll have to bring one along for interview, click next or proceed don't let it disturb the application.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ibrocoast: 6:34am On Feb 14, 2016
Thanks so much homies... Was greatful.
Another question pls. I am going for conference. But if in the day of interview and the V.O ask me why are you going to the state! Is it advisable to say ' i am going for conference on xo xo xo xo. Because i read it in this thread that we should not mention the conference.. How are my going to answer this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by falopey: 9:43am On Feb 14, 2016
ibrocoast:
Another question pls. I am going for conference. But if in the day of interview and the V.O ask me why are you going to the state! Is it advisable to say ' i am going for conference on xo xo xo xo. Because i read it in this thread that we should not mention the conference.. How are my going to answer this?
if you mention the conference ehn? be ready for a drill on the conference subject matter and if you are not sound enough in that, the VO may give you a knockout punch of refusak yes refusak grin
ibrocoast:
if you mention the conference ehn? be ready for a drill on the conference subject matter and if you are not sound enough in that, the VO may give you a knockout punch of refusak yes refusak
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ibrocoast: 9:57am On Feb 14, 2016
How am I going to answer that. any clue?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by falopey: 10:01am On Feb 14, 2016
ibrocoast:
How am I going to answer that. any clue?
Simply say, "I'm attending a conference". That will save you much hassle.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:32am On Feb 14, 2016
ibrocoast:

Where did you read that from?

Sorry to say this but you don't sound like somebody who is genuinely going for conference, more like a backdoor to get into US.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by praxisnetworks: 10:35am On Feb 14, 2016
justwise:

Where did you read that from?

Sorry to say this but you don't sound like somebody who is genuinely going for conference, more like a backdoor to get into US.
Justwise I have a question I can't ask here ....can you oblige me with your email address. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ibrocoast: 10:56am On Feb 14, 2016
i have been honest fora trip. i read on d thread that one should better mention conference. i wonder what i would say if i dont. that is why i ask. @justwise. keithmorgana@gmail
com.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.