Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531056 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2015
NKGauteng:
Nice thread! Well-done Lady Gwyn and others. First time here. @FPLawyer, don't be so sure o. I know of a family back in Nigeria that this happened to in 2010. The wife just upped and left with their child and decided to stay back and 'naturalise' without her husband's knowledge or consent. Long story short, they are now divorced.
@Tope, talk to your wife again. Life isn't always abbey of roses out there. Perhaps there are friends and relatives encouraging her to stay? They may be the first to show their true colours when the going gets tough. Try to make the trip before your visa expires and reason with her. Can she take your child way from you like that? Me I don't understand that part. Wish you well.

Welcome to Nairaland.

Was just baffled as a african man.

@topejonson72 apparently your visa has been compromised. I will advise you talk to your wife, then her family before reporting to the US consulate as opined by LadyG. Otherwise your own chances of entering the US is almost zero.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:54pm On Oct 27, 2015
NKGauteng:
Lol Lady Gywn yes I love Merlin! Seen all the versions millions of times, plus read the books too! I lurvvvvv that spelling grin
Correct! Better person! Please join in the questfor excalibur cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by toseen29: 12:55am On Oct 28, 2015
Hello House, please i am processing an application for my family but can't add my wife details on the cgifederal.secure site for appointment booking. it kept on returning 'unable to add apllicant because some or all information you entered belongs to another applicant'. i was able to add my son successfully, any idea what the cause of this error message is?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Diamonds2000: 9:36am On Oct 28, 2015
Hi Everyone and would like to commend you all for your contributions.

I will like to know what my chances are if i apply for a student visa for a masters program.

I was denied a visit visa sometime last month, reason was i do not have enough work experience even though I have worked for over a year at my current job.

I will like to know if this same reason will affect my student visa application.

I intend to go for the masters program in the fall next year (august 2016), thus i would have gained over two years work experience at my current job. Note that I schooled in the UK and Dubai and been there a couple of times.

I await your suggestions and contributions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 28, 2015
topejohnson72:

That exactly my fear now. I am afraid I might be sent back at the POE because its on record that she's my wife and that we both have a child. However, we applied for our visas at different times, she got her visa like a year after I got mine.
Pls what should I do ? Can't she be deported ? Aren't the USCIS doing their job to deport illegal immigrant ?
She insisted she will have her status adjusted, and how is that possible ? How can someone go to the US with a B2 visa and suddenly change to a legal immigrant . is this possible ? Can't the US immigration help me ?
possible. I know many people who came into the US illegally. They are citizens now. Dont know how they do it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 10:41am On Oct 28, 2015
Fyorgyn:

Arrived yesterday. POE uneventful... Nothing was asked was just stamped in. Got to the Marriott in no time. Nice hotel but stupidly expensive. WiFi is NOT free- costs $12.50 a night (exclusive of taxes). Breakfast $20... No wahala sha... Hopefully we can see?

Hi Fyorgyn, staying just a couple of blocks down south of 12th street. Attended ASTMH-African Assembly meeting conveyed by Prof Achilonun. Will be leaving tomorrow back to Switzerland. I have met a couple of Nigerian from Nigeria. Maybe you are one of them. I am based in Federal University of Agriculture. Abeokuta.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fikdot(m): 11:47am On Oct 28, 2015
Hello house, i want to apply for US visiting visa and i currently have a lucrative job here in nigeria but still single, no kids yet. I have an uncle in the US but will be staying in the hotel throughout my stay in the US, will there be any need taking along with me my bank statement when going for the interview?
Also what are some other documents i have to take along for the interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
fikdot:
Hello house, i want to apply for US visiting visa and i currently have a lucrative job here in nigeria but still single, no kids yet. I have an uncle in the US but will be staying in the hotel throughout my stay in the US, will there be any need taking along with me my bank statement when going for the interview?
Also what are some other documents i have to take along for the interview
Refer to page 1 of the thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Fyorgyn: 7:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
ekpotek:

Hi Fyorgyn, staying just a couple of blocks down south of 12th street. Attended ASTMH-African Assembly meeting conveyed by Prof Achilonun. Will be leaving tomorrow back to Switzerland. I have met a couple of Nigerian from Nigeria. Maybe you are one of them. I am based in Federal University of Agriculture. Abeokuta.

Aha

I thought as much... I was at that African meeting but very briefly...

Meanwhile, We found an amazing Nigerian Restaurant, Wazobia... Really great food... How have you been eating?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
topejohnson72:

How will I be that desperate? When I have a company of my own where I make more than enough on monthly basis, money I can never make elsewhere? U must be a funny man. I'm telling u what is an issue to me, u re saying something else. Why not let your own wife too do the same, if u re married, and see how u will feel. If u can't advice why not keep calm and avoid my post ?

My issue is that she ran away despite all the money you make even with your kid... She can go and return as she like instead of staying in the U.S illegally... The truth is that they will not let you in.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sahlau(m): 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
Pls house, i need help on how to book visa appointment, i booked for my family visa around August and only my mum get the visa, now i want to book another appointment for myself with a new account?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:21am On Oct 29, 2015
Fyorgyn:

Aha

I thought as much... I was at that African meeting but very briefly... One of the Oxford people. :-)...

Meanwhile, We found an amazing Nigerian Restaurant, Wazobia... Really great food... How have you been eating?
Lolz! U must be a serz naija Food lover. He has been eating burger and chips na! cheesy
So u no fit leave swallow for 3 weeks? Na wa u o! When in Rome... cheesy grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adefas: 11:02am On Oct 29, 2015
Good Morning Sir/Ma
Please is advisable to click on "Create" a Family Application when filling Ds-160 form as a Principal Applicant for Family Trip or I should Create or Fill separate Ds-160 Application form for my wife and children of 5,3 and 1 year old. And again is necessary to mention the Airline we will fly with when I click on Yes for Made Specific Travel Plans? Because am not sure about the airline that will be at low rate when we want to book. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by femidhansboy: 11:10am On Oct 29, 2015
From a member of silent readers association,I had my interview in abj today 8am batch,no docucent ws checked at all,they bounced like 20ppl b4 me,wen it got to my turn I ws alredi shaking like a fish vo:good mrn me:hello vo:how old are you? Me:27 (wondering why he asked)VO:how can we help you in the us,Me:to spend my 1 week leave wit my uncle in texas VO:What do you do? Me:I am a dentist VO:For how long Me:A year and a half(he then started sneezing )I moved bk from the glass a bit,then he he used a sanitizer ,then typed for like a minute,then gave me the white paper and sed pik up ur visa next week.(No documents checked)

27 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:28am On Oct 29, 2015
femidhansboy:
From a member of silent readers association,I had my interview in abj today 8am batch,no docucent ws checked at all,they bounced like 20ppl b4 me,wen it got to my turn I ws alredi shaking like a fish vo:good mrn me:hello vo:how old are you? Me:27 (wondering why he asked)VO:how can we help you in the us,Me:to spend my 1 week leave wit my uncle in texas VO:What do you do? Me:I am a dentist VO:For how long Me:A year and a half(he then started sneezing )I moved bk from the glass a bit,then he he used a sanitizer ,then typed for like a minute,then gave me the white paper and sed pik up ur visa next week.(No documents checked)
Hahahahaha! U de fear ebola? Lol
Congrats. But why u de shake na? Thank God for the cough. The man lose morale to ask further questions. U carry ur village jazz go abi?! cheesy

28 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by femidhansboy: 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hahaha!Thanks LadyG...u make sense die I swear!Walahi I ws praying o because I had no travel history and he alredi bounced 2 drs with travel history b4 me...Thank God for all ur posts...twas helpful
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Twostep: 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
Good day house! Quick one pls, a frnd of mines interview at d lagos consulate is next week for 8:30am, hez a quality assurance manager! Question is what shld his dress code be? The regular coperate suit ish or a good native can work aswell! Advices needed on his behalf! Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by twingirls: 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
Twostep:
Good day house! Quick one pls, a frnd of mines interview at d lagos consulate is next week for 8:30am, hez a quality assurance manager! Question is what shld his dress code be? The regular coperate suit ish or a good native can work aswell! Advices needed on his behalf! Thanks

Please, let him wear what he's comfortable in, it's his confidence and ability to portray his profession that matters, at least as long as he's not just acting out the profession. Though he may prefer to look corporate, the suit depends on him, let him not appear before the VO,looking obviously uncomfortable in a suit he's probably not use to.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:52pm On Oct 29, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Hahahahaha! U de fear ebola? Lol
Congrats. But why u de shake na? Thank God for the cough. The man lose morale to ask further questions. U carry ur village jazz go abi?! cheesy

Is it the middle age white man at the second to the last cubicle? Congrats bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fideco: 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hello, Please I need to know the answers to these two questions:

- Someone who has been issued a visa to the United States but did not travel at the specified date as a result of he lost his mother and the company has to reschedule his leave to USA. Will this affect him at the point of entry?

- My friend and his cousin (20years old) want to apply for Tourist/Vacation visa. What visa type is best to apply for, is it family or apply for tourist visa separately?

Waiting for your response!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
Fyorgyn:

Aha

I thought as much... I was at that African meeting but very briefly... One of the Oxford people. :-)...

Aha the pharmacist. Good. I remember you. My food have been mixed Chinese and Lebanese stuffs. Glad that I am leaving today. Safe trip when you return to Nija.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wEsOmE(m): 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
Please i would gladly love nd appreciate d contributions of everyone on dis topic cause i really want to help in my own little way to help d Best Mum in d world in getting a USA visa.. d first time she applied for a UK visa she got it. travelled nd returned wen due.. den applied again but was declined. now she have an interview scheduled for dis month in US embassy and i cant think of any other place than here for the best of tips and experiences from others so i should be able to tell her what to expect. please i want her to come back nd b proud of my little contribution thanks to everyone i appreciate big time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by clazikar(m): 10:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hello LadyG and other
leaders in the house.
I'm a 400 level student of
FUTA and my aunt in the US
has ask me to help her
accompany my grandmother
to the US next year for her
sons' wedding( one in may
and the other in October), she
will be sponsoring both of us
to the wedding. Now I have
been having issues bothering
me that I'll need explanation
or clarification on
1) should my grandmother
and i apply as a family? ( she
has an unused expired visa on
her passport because the
person that was suppose to
accompany her n 2013 was
denied visa and she is still
eligible for the drop box)
2) cosidering the fact that I'm
still a student, it is advisable
while filling the D's 160 form,
that I fill in 6 months for
intended period of stay? Or I
just go with 2 weeks for the
first wedding and still forget
about the one coming Iater in
the year? As I won't want any
problem , if approved, at the
poe
3) how best can I convince the
v.o that im just a guy
accompanying mama to the
us and plan coming back to
resume 500 level and finish
my b.tech and that I will be
free for that period of time
(even for the 6 months). Is an introduction letter enough as prove of strong ties?
4) should I allow grandma to
renew her visa first before
applying for my own( I have
never been out of the
country)
5) will I be needing police
report and court clarification
during the application
processes?
6) and one more thing sir, will
grandma be needing another
ds 160 form?..because of the
person travelling with her is
different from when she was
first issued visa)
Thanks and God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by femidhansboy: 11:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
seyewest:

Is it the middle age white man at the second to the last cubicle? Congrats bro
Yes Sire!Where u dere today?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Fyorgyn: 11:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Lolz! U must be a serz naija Food lover. He has been eating burger and chips na! cheesy
So u no fit leave swallow for 3 weeks? Na wa u o! When in Rome... cheesy grin

Mehn Lady G... My husband no fit do without naija food o...hehehe. He always finds naija food wherever we go.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Fyorgyn: 12:05am On Oct 30, 2015
[quote author=ekpotek post=39498497]

Hope you had a great time at the conference... Hopefully I will be in Atlanta for next year's... I do hope you got what you hoped from this. It really is a great conference with plenty networking opportunities... Wish you all the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:03am On Oct 30, 2015
clazikar:
Hello LadyG and other
leaders in the house.
I'm a 400 level student of
FUTA and my aunt in the US
has ask me to help her
accompany my grandmother
to the US next year for her
sons' wedding( one in may
and the other in October), she
will be sponsoring both of us
to the wedding. Now I have
been having issues bothering
me that I'll need explanation
or clarification on
1) should my grandmother
and i apply as a family? ( she
has an unused expired visa on
her passport because the
person that was suppose to
accompany her n 2013 was
denied visa and she is still
eligible for the drop box)
2) cosidering the fact that I'm
still a student, it is advisable
while filling the D's 160 form,
that I fill in 6 months for
intended period of stay? Or I
just go with 2 weeks for the
first wedding and still forget
about the one coming Iater in
the year? As I won't want any
problem , if approved, at the
poe
3) how best can I convince the
v.o that im just a guy
accompanying mama to the
us and plan coming back to
resume 500 level and finish
my b.tech and that I will be
free for that period of time
(even for the 6 months). Is an introduction letter enough as prove of strong ties?
4) should I allow grandma to
renew her visa first before
applying for my own( I have
never been out of the
country)
5) will I be needing police
report and court clarification
during the application
processes?
6) and one more thing sir, will
grandma be needing another
ds 160 form?..because of the
person travelling with her is
different from when she was
first issued visa)
Thanks and God bless
Bros , nobody be Leader here. Ma learner we All be.
1. If your grandma is qualified for drop box, let her go via dropbox. Going with or without her does not in anyway assist your matter as u can see, the person she applied earlier with was denied . Every adult is adjudged based on his individual circumstances
2. Me sef when be ordinary Naija bave has considered it and a student staying 6 MONTHS in the US has even pissed me off, talkless of a VO looking for a reason to Bounce u. Assin, u no get semester exams abi wetin?
3. I have no idea how a Nigerian Student can convince a VO that he will be free from school for 6 months bearing in mind that everybody has taken judicial notice of the fact that NO SCHOOL is out for 6 months or that students don't go on special 'vacation leave' for 6 WHOLE MONTHS. A letter of introduction will only go so far to establish that you are a student. It cannot weigh in on the fact that U will return after your visit.
4. Yes. Your grandma may renew her Visa and u go with a copy of her data page.
5. Police report and court what what for what na? Please check the US website or page 1 of this thread for needed documentation. Unless there are special circumstances, those docx aren't needed. (Abi u don go prison before cheesy?)
6. For each application, the applicant MUST pay visa fees and fill a new form. This info is also on the US website.
Finally. My free observation. I do not see you as one who values his school much. Its un imaginable how one can want to stay in the US for 6 months. On a sponsored trip. As a student. For just weddings.Hm.
This is my opinion and perception and not meant to insult.
Cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:41am On Oct 30, 2015
wEsOmE:
Please i would gladly love nd appreciate d contributions of everyone on dis topic cause i really want to help in my own little way to help d Best Mum in d world in getting a USA visa.. d first time she applied for a UK visa she got it. travelled nd returned wen due.. den applied again but was declined. now she have an interview scheduled for dis month in US embassy and i cant think of any other place than here for the best of tips and experiences from others so i should be able to tell her what to expect. please i want her to come back nd b proud of my little contribution thanks to everyone i appreciate big time
No work no reward.
For tips ranging from payment, form filling, booking dates, interview, ticket buying to POE tips, please read the part 1 of this thread.
Then you will truly have earned the acclaim u expect to get. Especially as u are the one with vested interest in the outcome of her application.
As u read through, please feel free to ask for CLARIFICATIONS.
Good luck and Godspeed

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sonofyisa(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2015
My experience nxt page

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.