Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,340 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist (30850 Views)

Rivers Senators Sworn In By Saraki, As Senate Adjourns Till january / I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike / We Will Not Stop Amaechi- Rivers Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by sayyid(m): 6:39am On Oct 11, 2015
Senators from Rivers State on Saturday insisted that they would oppose the nomination of a former governor of the state, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi.

The Senator representing Rivers-East Senatorial District, Senator George Sekibo, told SUNDAY PUNCH on Saturday that the petition against the ex-governor was “supported by the three senators from the state.”

He also said they would insist on the report of the Senate committee on public petitions currently investigating allegations against Amaechi before he could be cleared by the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

Meanwhile, Amaechi, has told his successor, Mr. Nyesom Wike, to go to court over the recommendations of the Justice George Omereji-led Judicial Commission of Inquiry into the sales of valued assets belonging to the state by the last administration.

Amaechi said in a statement issued from his Media Office on Saturday that rather than engage in theatrics and ‘childish’ tantrums, Wike should prosecute him if there was any case of corruption against him.

The state government had on Friday, while briefing journalists, declared that the commission of inquiry had indicted Amaechi and asked the ex-governor and others to return the sum of N97bn belonging to the state.

The government also directed its Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Chinwe Aguma (SAN) to begin a process of prosecuting Amaechi and others indicted by the panel should they fail to return the said sum.

But Amaechi specifically stated that from the way the panel conducted its probe, it was obvious that Wike established it (panel) with a mission to indict him, maintaining that the outcome of the Omereji commission was not surprising to him.

He said, “Indeed, the Wike panel was an inquisition against Amaechi. Wike should go to court if he has any case of alleged corrupt activities against Amaechi. His panel is not and can never be a law court.

“Wike’s regular childish tantrums, theatrics, comedy and drama of screaming huge bogus and phantom figures of missing or stolen or misappropriated billions of naira by the Amaechi-led administration have become a silly and sickening distraction.”

www.punchng.com/news/ministerial-nomination-we-wont-endorse-amaechi-rivers-senators-insist/

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by SeverusSnape(m): 6:40am On Oct 11, 2015
Whether Amaechi becomes a Minister or not, It's a win-win situation for us.

If he doesn't, Then it will be that he has been paid back for his gross corruption and betrayal.

If he does, It only goes to confirm what we've been saying, which is: "B00HARI is as corrupt as the rest politicians".

I wouldn't want to have the slightest belief that B00HARI is incorruptible.

167 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 11, 2015
Amaechi had better start planning for how to contest councillor elections since that is the only thing position left for him t

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 11, 2015
Cool...Amaechi having more headache than GEJ.... grin grin grin

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by sayyid(m): 6:46am On Oct 11, 2015
chukwudi44:
Amaechi had better start planning for how to contest councillor elections since that is the only thing position left for him t
Amaechi is a minister already dey jst dey make noise

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by lyntiffany(f): 6:47am On Oct 11, 2015
Ewuuuuuuuuu! I don be for am chai!

But this Amaechi guy take style fine undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by sluvy4tune(m): 6:51am On Oct 11, 2015
Amaechi is already a minister

You can take that to union bank and save it.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by PRYCE(m): 6:52am On Oct 11, 2015
Amaechi's just Bluffing! I hope Wike calls it. Then we'll see if he's still smirking then...

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by ddippset(m): 6:52am On Oct 11, 2015
They should Pray Firstly that they remain senators by Tuesday, with the tribunal for house of senate set to rule on Monday.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 11, 2015
sayyid:

Amaechi is a minister already dey jst dey make noise

Yesoo Minister of nkwobi and isiewu

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by appini: 6:54am On Oct 11, 2015
Even Buhari knows that Amaechi is a corrupt politician

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 11, 2015
ddippset:
They should Pray Firstly that they remain senators by Tuesday, with the tribunal for house of senate set to rule on Monday.

Lolz bros no matter what the tribunal rules,they will remain senators till the higher courts affirm tribunal's ruling

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by ddippset(m): 6:55am On Oct 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:

If he doesn't, Then it will be that he has been paid back for his gross corruption and betrayal.

If he does, It only goes to confirm what we've been saying, which is: "B00HARI is as corrupt as the rest politicians".

win-win? Lol. And how many pounds, dollars, naira or even cowries will get to you for your win-win? Or how many awards will you be given? All you will do is obtain more mbs and wail on, in your 'win-win' position.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 6:56am On Oct 11, 2015
Wike is working

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by texazzpete(m): 6:56am On Oct 11, 2015
Who Needs them?

David Mark ready set the precedence by confirming Obanikoro despite the objections of Lagos state senators.

Same principle will be applied

34 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by ddippset(m): 6:58am On Oct 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lolz bros no matter what the tribunal rules,they will remain senators till the higher courts affirm tribunal's ruling
is that só? I don't believe you, id have to confirm this. I thought the tribunal Verdict takes effect until a higher court reverts it. I will find out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Mogidi: 7:08am On Oct 11, 2015
ok
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by 48noble(m): 7:09am On Oct 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Many APC/PDP former governors who ve become senators still like Amaechi ...he may survive n become a Buhari cabinet member.

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by ziccoit: 7:11am On Oct 11, 2015
Amaechi nomination as a minister, and many others as contained in the list, serves a big blow to the opposition PDP and a plus to the ruling party APC. In emerging democracy like ours, political value of an individual holding an office is as important as his ability to deliver on his campaign promises.

Let's use Amaechi as a case study. Having a dogged fighter like Amaechi as a minister from river state is like having two governors in that state. He is definitely going to ensure the continuity of APC in the state by sort of clipping the wings of Wike if he eventually survives the tribunal case. Wike and PDP know what they are going to contend with in Amaechi. They would have preferred a pure technocrat who will not add any political value to APC.

GEJ administration started failing by the ways the so called technocrats such as Okonjo handled some issues. Close to last election, there were several times Okonjo raised alarms about the deplorable state of Nigeria economy giving people sense of hopelessness under GEJ if he was to continue in government. Okonjo would have handled the situation differently if she was happened to be political technocrat.

I strongly believed the 21 men nominated were not the original list of PMB. Never! He was probably enlightened on how performance alone would not ensure continuity of APC government at the center without adding political value.

Example, Falana vs Fayemi from EKITI state. Falana is expected to deliver more but with zero political value while Fayemi is going to perform and add great political value to his state and party.

So, politics in about calculation not bread and butter as many people think here.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by SeverusSnape(m): 7:21am On Oct 11, 2015
ddippset:
win-win? Lol. And how many pounds, dollars, naira or even cowries will get to you for your win-win? Or how many awards will you be given? All you will do is obtain more mbs and wail on, in your 'win-win' position.
Be gone zombie.

...I wail on, you masturbate on.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by SeverusSnape(m): 7:22am On Oct 11, 2015
texazzpete:
Who Needs them?

David Mark ready set the precedence by confirming Obanikoro despite the objections of Lagos state senators.

Same principle will be applied

"Same principle"?... And they said they're bringing "change". cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by foriz4u(m): 7:24am On Oct 11, 2015
But isn't it d state govr that normally nominates ministers and send to mr president b4? Hw come amechi's name is on d ministerial list where wike would not have nominated him in d 1st plc? Abi na godfathers dey nominate ministers for apc constitutions Nawaoo dis apc self I just tire for their style o

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by sayyid(m): 7:25am On Oct 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

Yesoo Minister of nkwobi and isiewu
lolz I knw wat u mean to say is minister Niger delta
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by ZeezaRapture(m): 7:28am On Oct 11, 2015
Trust me, he doesn't need your endorsements too.

He shall become a minister whether you endorse him or not wink

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by suxkill: 7:29am On Oct 11, 2015
Prove me WRONG that Buhari and Ameachi are not corrupt and I will show you two PREGNANT virgins in my area!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by modath(f): 7:37am On Oct 11, 2015
ddippset:
is that só? I don't believe you, id have to confirm this. I thought the tribunal Verdict takes effect until a higher court reverts it. I will find out.

You are very correct...

Don't get into any back & forth with that old man, he will beat you over the head with his basement baby reasoning... ...

6 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Lincoln275(m): 7:57am On Oct 11, 2015
Its a lie
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Sweetyie(f): 7:57am On Oct 11, 2015
Their business not mine
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by damton(m): 7:58am On Oct 11, 2015
Their target should be tagged OPERATION STOP AMAECHI .It's getting really serious.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by NinaArsenal(f): 7:58am On Oct 11, 2015
Better

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by hardywaltz(m): 7:58am On Oct 11, 2015
So?
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by NiceHans: 7:59am On Oct 11, 2015
T

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ken Nnamani Joins APC / Rahma Indimi Celebrates Her Daughter's Birthday With Emotional Message (Photo) / Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.