Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist (30853 Views)

Rivers Senators Sworn In By Saraki, As Senate Adjourns Till january / I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike / We Will Not Stop Amaechi- Rivers Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Raymondville(m): 7:59am On Oct 11, 2015
If dont, I go tell buari to send CCB after you guys shocked
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by FirstCounsel(m): 8:04am On Oct 11, 2015
ddippset:
is that só? I don't believe you, id have to confirm this. I thought the tribunal Verdict takes effect until a higher court reverts it. I will find out.
dont mind that fellow.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by ifyalways(f): 8:09am On Oct 11, 2015
lyntiffany:
Ewuuuuuuuuu! I don be for am chai!

But this Amaechi guy take style fine undecided
fine kwa?

Have you seen our Fayose?! He's my definition of handsome and if you fancy beer belly, OUK is an option.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by jbaby265(f): 8:10am On Oct 11, 2015
i knew it..rivers senate are no friends of ameachi ...so what's the hope
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by loupahmed2: 8:10am On Oct 11, 2015
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by IYANGBALI: 8:10am On Oct 11, 2015
all i know be say Rotimi Amaechi is already a minister. All dis one na noise

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 11, 2015
If Amaechi is confirmed, anti corruption war will then he totally surrendered. Obviously APC NEVER came to weed out corruption.

APC is scam Obasanjo

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by nwadiuko1(m): 8:12am On Oct 11, 2015
ddippset:
is that só? I don't believe you, id have to confirm this. I thought the tribunal Verdict takes effect until a higher court reverts it. I will find out.
no! Once a verdict is appealed at a higher court, status quo remains
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by canalily(m): 8:13am On Oct 11, 2015
And this is Amechi's situation...."these senators self, buh i gave them their own share naa" can i survive this intruges?undecided

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by MartinsEgah: 8:14am On Oct 11, 2015
They pple shud stop playing politics on us.

For Amaechi, he knos wat 2 do.
So, his hands re clean, he can take Wike 2 Court 4 d allegation.

Probably, he's evn speaking out 2 confuse Nigerians in PMB's plan 2 make him minister against all odds.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by walozanga(m): 8:16am On Oct 11, 2015
texazzpete:
Who Needs them?

David Mark ready set the precedence by confirming Obanikoro despite the objections of Lagos state senators.

Same principle will be applied

That means saraki has a role to play abi?.. You people chant Change bt not knowing the meaning. Business as usual is that change?
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by philips70(m): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2015
ddippset:

If they are sacked, they can appeal and file for a stay of execution within a stipulated time and if granted, will remain in their seat till when the appeal is dispensed.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by jaymichael(m): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2015
ziccoit:
Amaechi nomination as a minister, and many others as contained in the list, serves a big blow to the opposition PDP and a plus to the ruling party APC. In emerging democracy like ours, political value of an individual holding an office is as important as his ability to deliver on his campaign promises.

Let's use Amaechi as a case study. Having a dogged fighter like Amaechi as a minister from river state is like having two governors in that state. He is definitely going to ensure the continuity of APC in the state by sort of clipping the wings of Wike if he eventually survives the tribunal case. Wike and PDP know what they are going to contend with in Amaechi. They would have preferred a pure technocrat who will not add any political value to APC.

GEJ administration started failing by the ways the so called technocrats such as Okonjo handled some issues. Close to last election, there were several times Okonjo raised alarms about the deplorable state of Nigeria economy giving people sense of hopelessness under GEJ if he was to continue in government. Okonjo would have handled the situation differently if she was happened to be political technocrat.

I strongly believed the 21 men nominated were not the original list of PMB. Never! He was probably enlightened on how performance alone would not ensure continuity of APC government at the center without adding political value.

Example, Falana vs Fayemi from EKITI state. Falana is expected to deliver more but with zero political value while Fayemi is going to perform and add great political value to his state and party.

So, politics in about calculation not bread and butter as many people think here.
You are absolutely correct.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by samilo88(m): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2015
ziccoit:
Amaechi nomination as a minister, and many others as contained in the list, serves a big blow to the opposition PDP and a plus to the ruling party APC. In emerging democracy like ours, political value of an individual holding an office is as important as his ability to deliver on his campaign promises.

Let's use Amaechi as a case study. Having a dogged fighter like Amaechi as a minister from river state is like having two governors in that state. He is definitely going to ensure the continuity of APC in the state by
sort of clipping the wings of Wike if he eventually survives the tribunal case. Wike and PDP know what they are going to contend with in Amaechi. They would have preferred a pure technocrat who will not add any political value to APC.

GEJ administration started failing by the ways the so called technocrats such as Okonjo handled some
issues. Close to last election, there were several times Okonjo raised alarms about the deplorable state of Nigeria economy giving people sense of hopelessness under GEJ if he was to continue in government. Okonjo would have handled the situation differently if she was happened to be political technocrat.

I strongly believed the 21 men nominated were not the original list of PMB. Never! He was probably enlightened on how performance alone would not ensure continuity of APC government at the center without adding political value.

Example, Falana vs Fayemi from EKITI state. Falana is expected to deliver more but with zero political value while Fayemi is going to perform and add great political value to his state and party.

So, politics in about calculation not bread and butter as many people think here.
I thought buhari waited 4 months to give us Saints and technocrats as ministers?? Hmm, the truth is gradually surfacing. It wasn't about the masses but mere politics. I pity those who voted this government into power. .

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Emade(m): 8:21am On Oct 11, 2015
domcarez:
Cool...Amaechi having more headache than GEJ.... grin grin grin
Are you sure of this?think over again
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by kachicarter(m): 8:21am On Oct 11, 2015
Lmaooo. It's finished!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by donfranklin(m): 8:22am On Oct 11, 2015
Watching in 5D
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by philips70(m): 8:23am On Oct 11, 2015
walozanga:

That means saraki has a role to play abi?.. You people chant Change bt not knowing the meaning. Business as usual is that change?

Nobody will allow PDP blackmail anyone with pure hatred and vengeance hiding under the cloak of the ruling party's change mantra. That in itself is change. PDP Rivers and Wike will be shamed in whatever means possible and constitutional.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Emade(m): 8:26am On Oct 11, 2015
I think the people who send you there are expecting something better not focusing on him
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Oceemo(m): 8:26am On Oct 11, 2015
One thing I trust about this issue is that amechi will b minister take it or leave it I wish somebody can come let's bet on that and I mean real money.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Cavalier: 8:27am On Oct 11, 2015
But isn't it d state govr that normally nominates ministers and send to mr president b4? Hw come amechi's name is on d ministerial list where wike would not have nominated him in d 1st plc? Abi na godfathers dey nominate ministers for apc constitutions Nawaoo dis apc self I just tire for their style o.
President Buhari has said that since every state governor has the exclusive right to choose his commissioners without interference from any other arm of government or politician, he[PMB] will also retain his political inalienable right to choose his ministers without recourse or approval from any governor.that explains why Wike would not have had any input as to who PMB would have chosen for the ministerial slot for Rivers.
By the way,governors nominating ministers for the president was a PDP policy and not constitutional according to the laws of the land.buhari therefore, did not break any laws by choosing his own men and being his own man.cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by jelal007(m): 8:28am On Oct 11, 2015
Animals. Keep sentiments aside, how many pdp governors(b4 he decamped) performed d way dis man did b4 his beef with GEJ? Even as a pdp governor,he was working until that silly hat wearing creature chose to fight with 1 of the best things dat has happened 2d SS. If I had a governor like Amaechi in Kogi state,we won't be where we are 2day.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by lyntiffany(f): 8:29am On Oct 11, 2015
ifyalways:
fine kwa?

Have you seen our Fayose?! He's my definition of handsome and if you fancy beer belly, OUK is an option.
I no fancy pot belly o!

Yea fayose is way cuter.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by nephemmy(m): 8:35am On Oct 11, 2015
Hehehehehehehe......
U endorse or u don't he'll become a minister
And do u know why? Cos he's gon' be a minister tongue
And few days from now
And he's a minister!!!
That's what gon' happen to Amaechi grin
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by judgegabriel(m): 8:37am On Oct 11, 2015
amaechi is a criminal, i believe Buhari knows what he is doing
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Truckpusher(m): 8:38am On Oct 11, 2015
philips70:

Nobody will allow PDP blackmail anyone with pure hatred and vengeance hiding under the cloak of the ruling party's change mantra. That in itself is change. PDP Rivers and Wike will be shamed in whatever means possible and constitutional.
You keep foaming in the mouth over Rivers State like a corpse.

INEC said that the election was free and fair and only witnessed skirmishes like it happened in every other state , your APC soldiers cum witnesses said there was violence - Who are we going to believe?

You think those guys in the tribunal are bunch f ewedu and tuwo munching mor0ns? undecided

Wike is going nowhere - Go figure....

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Freespirit89(m): 8:40am On Oct 11, 2015
Buhari have used Ameachi and dumped him. He knows Ameachi is corrupt, yet gave him a post that requires screening.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by funkiebully: 8:42am On Oct 11, 2015
Amechi is a crook and criminal combined.

Evidence of the transfers he made are coming out gradually.

Buhari is morally bankrupt to nominate a thief like amechi for minister after the much carried propaganda of fighting corruption.

1 Share

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Ugik(m): 8:43am On Oct 11, 2015
[quote author=SeverusSnape post=38869593] Be gone zombie.
...I wail on, you masturbate on.[/quote bad guy, u and dis ur bad mourh

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Neplusultra(f): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2015
D best news ever!
grin

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Bigii(m): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2015
lyntiffany:
Na so me get crush on u

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 11, 2015
lyntiffany:

Wey the fine?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt / Release Nnamdi Kanu, Create 6th S’east State – Ohanaeze's 4 Demands From Tinubu / Mbeki, Muazu, IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar Pose For The Camera (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.