Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist (30844 Views)

Rivers Senators Sworn In By Saraki, As Senate Adjourns Till january / I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike / We Will Not Stop Amaechi- Rivers Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by bashydemy(m): 10:21am On Oct 11, 2015
philips70:

If they are sacked, they can appeal and file for a stay of execution within a stipulated time and if granted, will remain in their seat till when the appeal is dispensed.
But that happen overnight now, If they are sacked tomorrow they will leave the seat and won't be on the floor on Tuesday until the appeal court sayd otherwise.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 11, 2015
texazzpete:
Who Needs them?

David Mark ready set the precedence by confirming Obanikoro despite the objections of Lagos state senators.

Same principle will be applied

Except saraki isn't David mark, remember we're now in the era of change. Let's make the change absolute, Everything is supposed to change.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 11, 2015
sayyid:

Amaechi is a minister already dey jst dey make noise
my guy in this situation, senators are leading not propaganda things,so chill and watch,for going to court,tell Amaechi that wike is coming,is a gradual process
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by kday(m): 10:31am On Oct 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Whether Amaechi becomes a Minister or not, It's a win-win situation for us.

If he doesn't, Then it will be that he has been paid back for his gross corruption and betrayal.

If he does, It only goes to confirm what we've been saying, which is: "B00HARI is as corrupt as the rest politicians".

I wouldn't want to have the slightest belief that B00HARI is incorruptible.

Why would you belief Buhari is incorruptible since all the people you ever know and worship are corrupt and bunch of crooks? Yes Buhari is a rare gem. You will only meet a few in your lifetime and since you are in Nigeria, as for you, maybe never did hence your stupid comment.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by greatiyk4u(m): 10:34am On Oct 11, 2015
foriz4u:
But isn't it d state govr that normally nominates ministers and send to mr president b4? Hw come amechi's name is on d ministerial list where wike would not have nominated him in d 1st plc? Abi na godfathers dey nominate ministers for apc constitutions Nawaoo dis apc self I just tire for their style o

Analogue n archaic fellow.............u need urgent update
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by mathskill: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2015
Lets see whether that wiĺl stop him becoming minister
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by lonelydora: 10:38am On Oct 11, 2015
sayyid:

Only if they would listen.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by philips70(m): 10:41am On Oct 11, 2015
bashydemy:
But that happen overnight now, If they are sacked tomorrow they will leave the seat and won't be on the floor on Tuesday until the appeal court sayd otherwise.

Except the judgment specifically asked them to vacate their seat as the case of the APC senator from Kogi. Ordering a rerun is different from sacking a senator from his seat. The content of the judgment matters.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by bashydemy(m): 10:46am On Oct 11, 2015
philips70:

Except the judgment specifically asked them to vacate their seat as the case of the APC senator from Kogi. Ordering a rerun is different from sacking a senator from his seat. The content of the judgment matters.
So if tribunal nullify election and ask for re run, You mean they senators will still be on the floor? Do you know the meaning of nullify? Meaning he doesn't won that election and not suppose to be in that office.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 11, 2015
Their endorsements are irrelevant.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by atospet(m): 10:54am On Oct 11, 2015
texazzpete:
Who Needs them?

David Mark ready set the precedence by confirming Obanikoro despite the objections of Lagos state senators.

Obanikoro was a former senator and according to their rule he just took a bow and left and if my memory serves me right Amechi has never been a senator.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by orimahspence: 11:01am On Oct 11, 2015
OldJohn:
If Amaechi is confirmed, anti corruption war will then he totally surrendered. Obviously APC NEVER came to weed out corruption.

APC is scam Obasanjo

Why the rant!!! At least Amaechi has told your wailing governor to go go to court if truly he has any case against him
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:06am On Oct 11, 2015
ddippset:
win-win? Lol. And how many pounds, dollars, naira or even cowries will get to you for your win-win? Or how many awards will you be given? All you will do is obtain more mbs and wail on, in your 'win-win' position.
Hahahaha bros you wicked oh! Though you said the truth but this ya truth bitter pass quinine chai.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Jdesilentkiller(m): 11:06am On Oct 11, 2015
its becoming obvious that vandetta is being pursued. Anyway, whether the like it or not Ameachi has the endorsement of the President while they are shouting and hiding behing a crayfish whose election is still debated. For one man to command such animosity because he defied a former president shows that Ameachi is a dogged politician to hold a whole region at bay, we need a minister such as this who will not be a puppet of his Governor or his region. Anyway, what concern mosquito with helmet (meaning:I am too small for my opinion to matter).
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by philips70(m): 11:12am On Oct 11, 2015
bashydemy:
So if tribunal nullify election and ask for re run, You mean they senators will still be on the floor? Do you know the meaning of nullify? Meaning he doesn't won that election and not suppose to be in that office.

Are you following the trail of this discussion at all? The provision of appeal means that you feel justice was not served and the law gives you the right to seek for maintenance of status quo until the appeal is finalized.

What you are trying to say now is a convict should be executed when a lower court rules it so whether he appeals or not. Am no lawyer but common sense laced with judicial experience on the market place makes this easy to understand.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by phiszo(m): 11:13am On Oct 11, 2015
suxkill:
Prove me WRONG that Buhari and Ameachi are not corrupt and
I will show you two PREGNANT virgins in my area!!!
prove to me that wike is not corrupt
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by agabusta: 11:32am On Oct 11, 2015
nwadiuko1:
no! Once a verdict is appealed at a higher court, status quo remains

It is not automatic. It is when the party files for a stay of execution of the lower court ruling and the appeal court grants such order for a stay of execution.

It just seems automatic cos every lawyer knows this and file thus.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Adebowale89(m): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2015
lyntiffany:
owwww! Your making me shy smiley

don't be shy sweetie. is a confession, I gat my eyes on you for so long though

be my e-boo now lyntiffany cool
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by ddippset(m): 11:41am On Oct 11, 2015
YoungDaNaval:
Hahahaha bros you wicked oh! Though you said the truth but this ya truth bitter pass quinine chai.
lol.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by bashydemy(m): 11:49am On Oct 11, 2015
philips70:

Are you following the trail of this discussion at all? The provision of appeal means that you feel justice was not served and the law gives you the right to seek for maintenance of status quo until the appeal is finalized.

What you are trying to say now is a convict should be executed when a lower court rules it so whether he appeals or not. Am no lawyer but common sense laced with judicial experience on the market place makes this easy to understand.
What am saying is as soon as the tribunal nullify the election, They are no member of that house anymore until another court rule against the judgement of the lower court..
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by CaptPlanet(m): 11:55am On Oct 11, 2015
ziccoit:
Amaechi nomination as a minister, and many others as contained in the list, serves a big blow to the opposition PDP and a plus to the ruling party APC. In emerging democracy like ours, political value of an individual holding an office is as important as his ability to deliver on his campaign promises.

Let's use Amaechi as a case study. Having a dogged fighter like Amaechi as a minister from river state is like having two governors in that state. He is definitely going to ensure the continuity of APC in the state by sort of clipping the wings of Wike if he eventually survives the tribunal case. Wike and PDP know what they are going to contend with in Amaechi. They would have preferred a pure technocrat who will not add any political value to APC.

GEJ administration started failing by the ways the so called technocrats such as Okonjo handled some issues. Close to last election, there were several times Okonjo raised alarms about the deplorable state of Nigeria economy giving people sense of hopelessness under GEJ if he was to continue in government. Okonjo would have handled the situation differently if she was happened to be political technocrat.

I strongly believed the 21 men nominated were not the original list of PMB. Never! He was probably enlightened on how performance alone would not ensure continuity of APC government at the center without adding political value.

Example, Falana vs Fayemi from EKITI state. Falana is expected to deliver more but with zero political value while Fayemi is going to perform and add great political value to his state and party.

So, politics in about calculation not bread and butter as many people think here.

Politics is first a game of loyalty and interest. You think Buhari and his northern faction in the Apc don't calculate too?

If Amaechi can "doggedly" sell out his own kinsman (Gej) and party that put him in power, do you think Buhari and Apc will welcome him with open arms and guards down, never. Thats why they've whittled down his ambition/reward from VP to Party chairman to SGF to Minister now. Buhari will not intervene in Amaechi's nomination travails just like he didn't intervene in Tinubu/Saraki's SP drama. It's a win-win for him, If Amaechi gets elected, He (Buhari) will know he has paid him for his support, if Amaechi looses, buhari will feel he tried but Nigerians refused Amaechi.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by suxkill: 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2015
phiszo:

prove to me that wike is not corrupt

all politicians are corrupt guy, but APC supporters cant accept the fact that their messiah GMB is also corrupt including Ameachi.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by tommykiwi(m): 12:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
sayyid:

Go give am na make we see....nonsense!
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Febby9(m): 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
sayyid:

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Febby9(m): 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
sayyid:

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by jogojogo: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Whether Amaechi becomes a Minister or not, It's a win-win situation for us.

If he doesn't, Then it will be that he has been paid back for his gross corruption and betrayal.

If he does, It only goes to confirm what we've been saying, which is: "B00HARI is as corrupt as the rest politicians".

I wouldn't want to have the slightest belief that B00HARI is incorruptible.

Yes Buhari is corrupt! Kill yourself........Mumu
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
ZeezaRapture:
Trust me, he doesn't need your endorsements too.

He shall become a minister whether you endorse him or not wink
I'm surprised the way some so called leaders reason. Does Amaechi actually need a job; any job? His closeness to Buhari would bring more developments to Rivers State. If the senators love Rivers, they should harness that. That's what Fayose is doing.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by lastpage: 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
He needs just TWO Senators, from anywhere .(.. and a simple majority, if put to vote) , from amongst the 109 Senators for endorsement! grin grin grin

So, STOP FORMING Powerful! grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Querty(m): 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
texazzpete:
Who Needs them?

Saraki can not dear to offend pdp senators now cos he knows pdp remains his savings grace
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Rexology: 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
ddippset:
is that só? I don't believe you, id have to confirm this. I thought the tribunal Verdict takes effect until a higher court reverts it. I will find out.
After the Tribunal ruling (that's if the ruling is against any Senator), the affected Senator will approach the Appeal court and also obtain order of STAY OF EXECUTION of the judgment of the Tribunal pending the determination of the subtantive suit.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by henrysam(m): 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
ddippset:
is that só? I don't believe you, id have to confirm this. I thought the tribunal Verdict takes effect until a higher court reverts it. I will find out.
Once you filed a motion of appeal.
Tribunal hands don fall.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Speaker:femi Gbajabiamila Tours South East With 103 Elected New Lawmakers(photos / Which Nigerian ID Card Can One Get Quickly And with ease? / ‘There are positive signals from Amotekun’ — MURIC makes U-turn after backlash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.