Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist (30852 Views)

Rivers Senators Sworn In By Saraki, As Senate Adjourns Till january / I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike / We Will Not Stop Amaechi- Rivers Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Rexology: 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2015
texazzpete:
Who Needs them?

David Mark ready set the precedence by confirming Obanikoro despite the objections of Lagos state senators.

Same principle will be applied

The circumstances surrounding Obanikoro and Amaechi is what you need to objectively analyzed, am sure when you do that, you will arrive at the difference.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Okudiover(m): 1:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
angry angry angry That Senate decision that at least 2 of each state's Senate representatives must approve a nominee is very subjective. There are more objective ways of assessing and approving executive nominees at the Senate. For instance, the nominee's qualifications, cognate experience, evidence of criminal indictments or otherwise as well as public service record over the years. For the Senate leadership to tell Nigerians that 2 Senators per state must give their individual approval (perhaps flip a coin) before the Senate gives a nod is ludicrous and nothing but a ploy to overstep their normal legislative role. So you want to tell me now that if Mr. X is a nominee from Abia State and qualified for a ministerial position that he requires the likes of T.A Orji, Enyinnya Abaribe and Mao Ohuabunwa to approve? How much 'Ghana must go' bags will it cost the nominee and by extention tax payers? Is the Abia nominee going to serve the Senatorial zones in his State or the entire Country? This is a dangerous precedent capable of derailing the principles of separation of powers given that we are practicing (as it were) a federal system of government.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by oganology33(m): 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
ziccoit:
Amaechi nomination as a minister, and many others as contained in the list, serves a big blow to the opposition PDP and a plus to the ruling party APC. In emerging democracy like ours, political value of an individual holding an office is as important as his ability to deliver on his campaign promises.

Let's use Amaechi as a case study. Having a dogged fighter like Amaechi as a minister from river state is like having two governors in that state. He is definitely going to ensure the continuity of APC in the state by sort of clipping the wings of Wike if he eventually survives the tribunal case. Wike and PDP know what they are going to contend with in Amaechi. They would have preferred a pure technocrat who will not add any political value to APC.

GEJ administration started failing by the ways the so called technocrats such as Okonjo handled some issues. Close to last election, there were several times Okonjo raised alarms about the deplorable state of Nigeria economy giving people sense of hopelessness under GEJ if he was to continue in government. Okonjo would have handled the situation differently if she was happened to be political technocrat.

I strongly believed the 21 men nominated were not the original list of PMB. Never! He was probably enlightened on how performance alone would not ensure continuity of APC government at the center without adding political value.

Example, Falana vs Fayemi from EKITI state. Falana is expected to deliver more but with zero political value while Fayemi is going to perform and add great political value to his state and party.

So, politics in about calculation not bread and butter as many people think here.

I'm sorry 2 say Dis but even if Amaechi becomes a vice president, he cannot be as relevant in Rivers Politics as even the deputy Gov or PDP chairman. If I may ask? With wat structure will he become relevant? wen all federal and state legislators except 1 are PDP. Unless of course ur sure that PMB will make him a minister of Rivers State.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Rexology: 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
ziccoit:
Amaechi nomination as a minister, and many others as contained in the list, serves a big blow to the opposition PDP and a plus to the ruling party APC. In emerging democracy like ours, political value of an individual holding an office is as important as his ability to deliver on his campaign promises.

Let's use Amaechi as a case study. Having a dogged fighter like Amaechi as a minister from river state is like having two governors in that state. He is definitely going to ensure the continuity of APC in the state by sort of [b][/b]clipping the wings of Wike if he eventually survives the tribunal case. Wike and PDP know what they are going to contend with in Amaechi. They would have preferred a pure technocrat who will not add any political value to APC.

GEJ administration started failing by the ways the so called technocrats such as Okonjo handled some issues. Close to last election, there were several times Okonjo raised alarms about the deplorable state of Nigeria economy giving people sense of hopelessness under GEJ if he was to continue in government. Okonjo would have handled the situation differently if she was happened to be political technocrat.

I strongly believed the 21 men nominated were not the original list of PMB. Never! He was probably enlightened on how performance alone would not ensure continuity of APC government at the center without adding political value.

Example, Falana vs Fayemi from EKITI state. Falana is expected to deliver more but with zero political value while Fayemi is going to perform and add great political value to his state and party.

So, politics in about calculation not bread and butter as many people think here.
You have a point here. However I disagree with you when you said that a Minister can Clip a Governor's wing. If Wike as a Minister then could not clip Amaechi's wing as a Governor, why do you think Amaechi a Minister can clip Wike's wing as a Governor? where will Amaechi draw his powers from as a Minister? A Governor is more powerful than any Minister any day any time.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Rexology: 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
modath:

You are very correct...

Don't get into any back & forth with that old man, he will beat you over the head with his basement baby reasoning... ...
Unless no stay of execution is obtained. The affected Senator can approach the Appeal court and also obtain a STAY OF EXECUTION on the Tribunal ruling pending the determination of the subtantive suit.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Okobaba1(m): 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
chukwudi44:
Amaechi had better start planning for how to contest councillor elections since that is the only thing position left for him t

My guy forget all d nonsense all dis papers and d senators are saying... Amaechi is a minister alredi same way Saraki remains d Senate President till 2019.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Rexology: 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
philips70:

I have no arguments in this regard. I only feel they also have to file for a stay of execution of the tribunal's judgment after the appeal otherwise INEC will fix date for the reelection. Lawyers can help out, am only speaking what I think I know.
You are correct my dear. Stay of execution must be sought and obtained, it's not automatic. Most often than not its granted in a case like electoral matters.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Rexology: 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2015
GenBuhari:
So two nonentities senators could potentially overrule the President of Nigeria on his choice of ministers?

Something doesn't seem correct about that.

Lets just imagine Senate refuses to approve a nominee, what could they do to stop the president appointing the nominee regardless ?
Unfortunately, the President does not have the constitutional powers to go ahead to appoint any Ministerial nominee who fail the Senate screening. It's part of Checks and Balances.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Rexology: 2:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
bashydemy:
hahahaha you mumu i swear, If the tribunal nullify their election, They will not even move near the red chamber... Now are you saying Buruji will be on the floor on Tuesday? you just dey make me laugh....
Yes Buruji will be on the floor of the Senate, having gone to Appeal Court, even that APC Senator from Kogi that was sacked by the Tribunal.
Seek for clarification whenever you are confuse, do not assume.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by cyberguy72(m): 2:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

Yesoo Minister of nkwobi and isiewu
lol re u a comedian?
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Rexology: 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2015
bashydemy:
What am saying is as soon as the tribunal nullify the election, They are no member of that house anymore until another court rule against the judgement of the lower court..
Unless the affected Senator did not Appeal the ruling of the Tribunal.Normally the case is filed along side the application of STAY OF execution of the earlier judgment (stay of execution means that the judgment of the Tribunal shall NOT be EXECUTED until the Appeal court is done with the review of the earlier judgment by the Tribunal ).
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Jyde81: 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2015
ziccoit:

Let's use Amaechi as a case study. Having a dogged fighter like Amaechi as a minister from river state is like having two governors in that state. He is definitely going to ensure the continuity of APC in the state by sort of clipping the wings of Wike if he eventually survives the tribunal case. Wike and PDP know what they are going to contend with in Amaechi. They would have preferred a pure technocrat who will not add any political value to APC.

You where making sense until u spoilt it by giving the example of falana vs fayemi. What political value can fayemi provide? This was an incumbent Governor that was thrashed 16-0 in all the LGAs in his state during last year's Governorship elections. Give another example abeg...
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Jyde81: 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2015
foriz4u:
But isn't it d state govr that normally nominates ministers and send to mr president b4? Hw come amechi's name is on d ministerial list where wike would not have nominated him in d 1st plc? Abi na godfathers dey nominate ministers for apc constitutions Nawaoo dis apc self I just tire for their style o
Your ignorance is baffling....How can an opposition Governor nominate a minister for a president who is not from his state......Gentleman, please don't let hatred becloud your sense of judgement ooo
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by bashydemy(m): 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
Rexology:

Yes Buruji will be on the floor of the Senate, having gone to Appeal Court, even that APC Senator from Kogi that was sacked by the Tribunal.
Seek for clarification whenever you are confuse, do not assume.
Ogbeni stop this nonsense that's not possible, If a re run is to be hold then he will vacate that office.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Commandoabdul(m): 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:

...At least I have one, while you don't.
I see.. I know you have one but it's too much for you, because you can't make used of it properly.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Niceiroko: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Na cash make am soft e nor fine nor dull ur sef
lyntiffany:
Ewuuuuuuuuu! I don be for am chai!

But this Amaechi guy take style fine undecided
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Niceiroko: 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
U wailer master,hw many will also hv, or ur pap is among d corrupt gees
ddippset:
win-win? Lol. And how many pounds, dollars, naira or even cowries will get to you for your win-win? Or how many awards will you be given? All you will do is obtain more mbs and wail on, in your 'win-win' position.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Niceiroko: 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
U r a politician nt a citizen of naija,go n sleep
ziccoit:

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Niceiroko: 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2015
Change means all rules shld b obeyed , or no need fr change
texazzpete:
Who Needs them?

David Mark ready set the precedence by confirming Obanikoro despite the objections of Lagos state senators.

Same principle will be applied

Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by ddippset(m): 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
Niceiroko:
U wailer master,hw many will also hv, or ur pap is among d corrupt gees
please speak english!
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by pafegs(m): 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Whether Amaechi becomes a Minister or not, It's a win-win situation for us.

If he doesn't, Then it will be that he has been paid back for his gross corruption and betrayal.

If he does, It only goes to confirm what we've been saying, which is: "B00HARI is as corrupt as the rest politicians".

I wouldn't want to have the slightest belief that B00HARI is incorruptible.

You sound like a chief wailer who is already having High BP because of his Nomination alone. I wonder what will happen to your health when your fears happen. Take heart, he may not scale through, but if he does, be sure that Millions of non-wailing Nigerians will be happy. LOL
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by walozanga(m): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
philips70:

Nobody will allow PDP blackmail anyone with pure hatred and vengeance hiding under the cloak of the ruling party's change mantra. That in itself is change. PDP Rivers and Wike will be shamed in whatever means possible and constitutional.

Thats not the answer to my question you are jst being a normal non straight forward politician. Am not into politics bt read meaning of what u meant in ur comment
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by philips70(m): 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
walozanga:

Thats not the answer to my question you are jst being a normal non straight forward politician. Am not into politics bt read meaning of what u meant in ur comment

And who told you am into politics? You will not understand the kind of hate I have for "POLITICIANS"
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Rexology: 6:32pm On Oct 11, 2015
bashydemy:
Ogbeni stop this nonsense that's not possible, If a re run is to be hold then he will vacate that office.
You lack knowledge... and you do not even know that you actually lack knowledge. Once any affected Senator had approached the Appeal court and obtained a STAY OF EXECUTION, the judgment of the Tribunal MUST wait pending the determination of the subtantive suit. In other words, the Senator will continue until Appeal court is done.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by bashydemy(m): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
Rexology:

You lack knowledge... and you do not even know that you actually lack knowledge. Once any affected Senator had approached the Appeal court and obtained a STAY OF EXECUTION, the judgment of the Tribunal MUST wait pending the determination of the subtantive suit. In other words, the Senator will continue until Appeal court is done.
And remember that only happen if the appeal court grant the stay of execution, Can you remind me how Aregbe get to power in 2010, Same with Fayemi.. Immediately tribunal nullify there election they vacate that seat..
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Rexology: 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
bashydemy:
And remember that only happen if the appeal court grant the stay of execution, Can you remind me how Aregbe get to power in 2010, Same with Fayemi.. Immediately tribunal nullify there election they vacate that seat..
Those 2cases you cited were decided at the APPEAL COURT when SALAMI was the President of the court of Appeal, infact that case was what brought about the Problem Salami had as President of the Appeal Court with the then CJN in the person of Katsina, which eventually saw the exit of Salami.
Stay of execution application is always treated as a matter of urgency, Appeal Court will have no reason not to grant the stay of execution as sought by the Appellant. Why are you arguing over what you obviously lack knowledge of?
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by sayyid(m): 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
tommykiwi:
Go give am na make we see....nonsense!
Oga u don press control P?
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by bashydemy(m): 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
Rexology:

Those 2cases you cited were decided at the APPEAL COURT when SALAMI was the President of the court of Appeal, infact that case was what brought about the Problem Salami had as President of the Appeal Court with the then CJN in the person of Katsina, which eventually saw the exit of Salami.
Stay of execution application is always treated as a matter of urgency, Appeal Court will have no reason not to grant the stay of execution as sought by the Appellant. Why are you arguing over what you obviously lack knowledge of?
Now am begining to like this, About the case of Osun and Ekiti, Both Segun Oni and Oyinlola won from the Tribunal butlost from the appeal court... why can't they went to supreme court and ask for stay of execution... They vacate the seat immediately the appeal court rule in favor of opposition.... and why can't they go to supreme court.. About the issue of River, This is politics at play and that was why the judgement was postpone to monday and the judgement might be passed maybe between 12noon and 4pm.. so now tell me the PDP and the senator will file and appeal and also stay of execution under few hours and the court will seat? What am saying is that they might return to the floor if the appeal and stay of execution favor them but they will not be on chamber on Tuesday for screening of the Ministerial nominee cos then according to law they are not elected anymore cos tribunal has nullify the election that brought them in.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Rexology: 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
bashydemy:
Now am begining to like this, About the case of Osun and Ekiti, Both Segun Oni and Oyinlola won from the Tribunal butlost from the appeal court... why can't they went to supreme court and ask for stay of execution... They vacate the seat immediately the appeal court rule in favor of opposition.... and why can't they go to supreme court.. About the issue of River, This is politics at play and that was why the judgement was postpone to monday and the judgement might be passed maybe between 12noon and 4pm.. so now tell me the PDP and the senator will file and appeal and also stay of execution under few hours and the court will seat? What am saying is that they might return to the floor if the appeal and stay of execution favor them but they will not be on chamber on Tuesday for screening of the Ministerial nominee cos then according to law they are not elected anymore cos tribunal has nullify the election that brought them in.
According to electoral act, all the post election matters are settled at the Appeal Court,the Appeal Court is the final bus stop for any POST election matters., it's ONLY the presidential election matters that can get to the supreme court. Therefore they couldn't have gone to Supreme court, that was why they have to vacate the seat.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by bashydemy(m): 11:55pm On Oct 11, 2015
Rexology:

According to electoral act, all the post election matters are settled at the Appeal Court,the Appeal Court is the final bus stop for any POST election matters., it's ONLY the presidential election matters that can get to the supreme court. Therefore they couldn't have gone to Supreme court, that was why they have to vacate the seat.
But i still insist is the Tribunal sack or nullify their election tomorrow, they will vacate that seat until appeal rule otherwise.. How about that?
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by Rexology: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
bashydemy:
But i still insist is the Tribunal sack or nullify their election tomorrow, they will vacate that seat until appeal rule otherwise.. How about that?
Hope you are watching the Senate screening live?
Hope you have seen Kashamu, Abaribe and others in the chamber?
Next time you want to argue with me, make sure you do your research thoroughly.
Re: Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist by bashydemy(m): 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
Rexology:

Hope you are watching the Senate screening live?
Hope you have seen Kashamu, Abaribe and others in the chamber?
Next time you want to argue with me, make sure you do your research thoroughly.
Guy there is a re run for Ogun and nothing for rivers yet..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True / Apostle Suleman Johnson Prophesy For 2015 / Monarch’s Palace Razed In Etekwuru, Imo. His Highlander Jeep, Properties Burnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.