Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

"Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" (70990 Views)

Is My Wife Cheating On Me?? / Man Catches His Wife Cheating And Exposes Her (Photos) / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 8:43am On Oct 11, 2015
A married woman was caught in the act here on Friday. It happened right in her husbands house so neighbours were there to witness what happened. I was there too to witness the taboo cause her husband was just shouting that whoever was around should come and witness a taboo.

Sha, that is not why I am writing this post.

What actually necessitated this post was a convo I had with a man on my way back.

Man: It is stuffs like this that makes me appreciate where I come from.

Me: Huh

Man: I appreciate my village the more anytime I hear or witness something like this because married women don't cheat on their husband in my place.

Me: How is that possible?

Man: They Know what would happen to them if they dare cheat on their husband.

Me: What will happen to them.

Man: If a married woman sleeps with another man, or collects money from another man, or spends her husband's money on another man without telling her husband, she will run mad.

Me: And if a man sleeps with another woman?

Man: Nothing, except the woman has a husband.

What he's saying in essence is that a married woman who sleeps with a man that is not her husband or collects money from a man who is not her relation or spends money on another man without informing her husband will lose her sanity. The madness is curable but she must confess her sins to regain her sanity.

So Nairalanders, what do you think of this people's tradition?

BTW, the man is from one village at obollo.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Mynd44: 8:49am On Oct 11, 2015
So their tradition only recognises female adultery. Okay na.

BTW, I think it is bullshìt. If anyone wants to be taken seriously, the same rules that apply to men should apply to women.

225 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Cutehector(m): 8:52am On Oct 11, 2015
Lol if dat kind of law was put in place in evry community in nigeria whch covers both men and women, den no one will cheat.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by ammyluv2002(f): 8:52am On Oct 11, 2015
Mynd44:

BTW, I think it is bullshìt. If anyone wants to be taken seriously, the same rules that apply to men should apply to women.
Well said! God bless you for dis

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 11, 2015
Obollo in Enugu state. Yeah so I heard. But it will finer if they should make it unisex!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by MizMyColi(f): 8:53am On Oct 11, 2015
Mynd44:

BTW, I think it is BULLSHIT. If anyone wants to be taken seriously, the same rules that apply to men should apply to women.
grin

6 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by xynerise: 8:53am On Oct 11, 2015
Many traditions have not been fair to the women. The men are free to cheat but the women can't because they are robots abi? Such tradition was created by a selfish man.

On the contrary, I heard that a tradition in Edo state is doing the opposite. A woman cheats and the husband dies grin

86 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2015
Mynd44:

Abi?

I asked the same question in Facebook group yesterday and a guy from that village said that the reason it is applicable to only women is because the men paid their price(bride price).

Didn't make much sense to me but @ least they have a reasongringringringrin.

12 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by eherbal(m): 8:56am On Oct 11, 2015
Because Some Women Are Very Loose. Why DO You Think Satan Approached Eve And Not Adam? smiley
Mynd44:

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 8:56am On Oct 11, 2015
xynerise:
Many traditions have not been fair to the women. The men are free to cheat but the women can't because they are robot abi? Such tradition was created by a selfish man.

On the contrary, I heard that a tradition in Edo state is doing the opposite. A woman cheats and the husband dies grin
gringringringrin

In my village, if you know that your woman is cheating on you and yet you continue to eat her food, you will die.

A woman that cheats and refuses to confess will run mad or die.

But you are safe if you confess.

Being a woman is really had.

8 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by MizMyColi(f): 8:58am On Oct 11, 2015
Such tradition, whether it is applicable to man or woman, or both is simply barbaric and crude. It must be vehemently rejected. It promotes murder and oppression/bondage.

People should be free to make their choice and live with the consequence as meted to them by the cosmos.

It's really not in the place of any mortal (exceptions though) to determine who lives or dies.

Why destroy what you couldn't possibly create?

#MyTake

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 9:00am On Oct 11, 2015
vfactor:
Obollo in Enugu state. Yeah so I heard. But it will finer if they should make it unisex!
Maybe we should carry out an experiment.

Let a woman from that place marry a man, ie marry him the same way man marry woman. Pay bride price and all.......

Thereafter the man will cheat on her to know what will happen.

If he runs mad then they should scrap paying bride price.

gringringringrin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by xynerise: 9:01am On Oct 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
gringringringrin

In my village, if you know that your woman is cheating on you and yet you continue to eat her food, you will die.

A woman that cheats and refuses to confess will run mad or die.

But you are safe if you confess.

Being a woman is really had.
And if she confesses, she lives?
Wow! If I were her, confession will be my hobby grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by ammyluv2002(f): 9:02am On Oct 11, 2015
eherbal:
Because Women Are Very Loose. Why DO You Think Satan Approached Eve And Not Adam? smiley
Because women are very loose? angry

10 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 9:02am On Oct 11, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Well said! God bless you for dis
I promise to find you a husband from obollo

gringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 9:03am On Oct 11, 2015
vfactor:
Abi?

Make everybody just lock up.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2015
eherbal:
Because Women Are Very Loose. Why DO You Think Satan Approached Eve And Not Adam? smiley
I hope you are ready for this?

E-attacks loadinggringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 11, 2015
the creator of the stupid law must be a male chauvinist, why would the law favor only the males.

funniest thing,cheating isn't specific to a gender.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by ammyluv2002(f): 9:06am On Oct 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
I promise to find you a husband from obollo

gringringringrin
Back to sender! grin cheesy tongue

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 9:09am On Oct 11, 2015
xynerise:

And if she confesses, she lives?
Wow! If I were her, confession will be my hobby grin
hahahahahahahahhahahaha

onye mmehie.

Men suffer it sometimes because the women are wise or should I say, wicked.

Instead of telling the man what actually happened, you will hear something like. "a man touched me", "a man asked me out".

Y'know.... Short and incomplete explanations like that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Mynd44: 9:10am On Oct 11, 2015
eherbal:
Tell that to someone who does not believe in the Bible.

Next!

13 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 9:10am On Oct 11, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Back to sender! grin cheesy tongue
gringringringrin

why nah?...

Their men are rich and romantic.

Or don't you trust yourself
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 11, 2015
The man dies if he knows his wife cheated and he's still eating her food...if he isn't aware then it's d children that dies. quote author=xynerise post=38871428]Many traditions have not been fair to the women. The men are free to cheat but the women can't because they are robots abi? Such tradition was created by a selfish man.

On the contrary, I heard that a tradition in Edo state is doing the opposite. A woman cheats and the husband dies grin[/quote]
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Mynd44: 9:12am On Oct 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
Abi?

I asked the same question in Facebook group yesterday and a guy from that village said that the reason it is applicable to only women is because the men paid their price(bride price).

Didn't make much sense to me but @ least they have a reasongringringringrin.
So because you paid her bride-price means you will be happy if she runs mad if she cheats. And they call themselves human beings.

12 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 9:13am On Oct 11, 2015
Yomieluv:
the creator of the stupid law must be a male chauvinist, why would the law favor only the males.

funniest thing,cheating isn't specific to a gender.
If you call the inventor of the law a chauvinist then what will you call the creator of the universe?

He is not a chauvinist. Not even close to one.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by xynerise: 9:19am On Oct 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
hahahahahahahahhahahaha

onye mmehie.

Men suffer it sometimes because the women are wise or should I say, wicked.

Instead of telling the man what actually happened, you will hear something like. "a man touched me", "a man asked me out".

Y'know.... Short and incomplete explanations like that.
Tradition like this can lead to temptation. If there is no law, there will be no sin. A woman whose husband beats her always doesn't need to bother herself. A way to eliminate the man smoothly is already in her hand grin

8 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2015
Cutehector:
Lol if dat kind of law was put in place in evry community in nigeria whch covers both men and women, den no one will cheat.
Tels you
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2015
xynerise:

Tradition like this can lead to temptation. If there is no law, there will be no sin. A woman whose husband beats her always doesn't need to bother herself. A way to eliminate the man smoothly is already in her hand grin
Plenty bad things full your mind walahigringringringrin

A woman bleeped outside and gave her man one of those short explanations, he bought it.

My dear, come see madness.

The man just dey pull out hairs from that area they chop am like grass, he was mad for a year then he died.

Old men said he was silly, that he shouldn't have believed her story or better still, he should have told her that "he only believes what he witnessed" or that "he's only aware of what happened before him not behind him".

According to them, the above statements mean that he believed only the one she told him and not the ones she refused to tell".

Traditions dey!
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by lilmax(m): 9:30am On Oct 11, 2015
Then its time to relocate grin

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by eherbal(m): 9:32am On Oct 11, 2015
The Truth Is Hard To Swallow.
Tallesty1:
I hope you are ready for this?

E-attacks loadinggringringringrin
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by eherbal(m): 9:35am On Oct 11, 2015
Edit:Beacuse SOME Women Are Very Loose! Whew! cool
ammyluv2002:
Because women are very loose? angry
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by SeverusSnape(m): 9:38am On Oct 11, 2015
eherbal:
Because Some Women Are Very Loose. Why DO You Think Satan Approached Eve And Not Adam? smiley
What a reply!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? / Boy Draws Mum On Her Period After She Changed Her Pad In Front Of Him / They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.