Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,885 members, 7,798,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. (2617 Views)

If The Trumpet Sounds Now What Excuse Will You Give Why U Didnt Go To Church? / Reason Why We Should Thank God For Nigeria In 2016 / Thank God For One Thing In Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by osile2012: 11:19am On Oct 11, 2015
[size=18pt]Some of us take life for granted and hardly see reasons to praise GOD on a daily basis . For the fact that u log into nairaland and you read about People dying from accident, bomb blasts and various tragic incidences is enough reason.For the fact that it is you reading about someone else involved in these tragedies is enough to praise GOD.

Ask yourself, what if it was me involved and other Nairalanders were reading about me ? What if it was my picture that was tagged "Graphic Picture of the accident victim" ?

Nairaland should remind you to be grateful to GOD that you are reading bad news about other people and not others reading about you. Learn to be thankful for each day.

Stay blessed.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by raayah(f): 11:23am On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:
[size=18pt]For the fact that u log into nairaland and you read about People dying from accident, bomb blasts and various tragic incidences is enough reason.For the fact that it is you reading about someone else involved in these tragedies is enough to praise GOD.
[/size]

I should thank God for other people's tragedy's
?? What If it were my own child that was killed, Should I still be happy because I am alive

What Kind of weed does your pastor give you guy's on Sunday to smoke. This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I have read on nairaland.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by osile2012: 11:31am On Oct 11, 2015
raayah:

I should thank God for other people's tragedy's[/b]?? What If it were my own child that was killed, Should I still be happy because I am alive

What Kind of weed does your pastor give you guy's on Sunday to smoke. This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I have read on nairaland.

[size=18pt]You should thank GOD you are alive. That does not mean u dont sympathize . You might as well kill yourself if you dont want to thank GOD. undecided[/size]
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 11, 2015
Thank you Jesus
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by An2elect2(f): 11:59am On Oct 11, 2015
Whether good or bad, we thank God smiley
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by kolajamesjnr(m): 12:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:
[size=18pt]Some of us take life for granted and hardly see reasons to praise GOD on a daily basis . For the fact that u log into nairaland and you read about People dying from accident, bomb blasts and various tragic incidences is enough reason.For the fact that it is you reading about someone else involved in these tragedies is enough to praise GOD.

Ask yourself, what if it was me involved and other Nairalanders were reading about me ? What if it was my picture that was tagged "Graphic Picture of the accident victim" ?

Nairaland should remind you to be grateful to GOD that you are reading bad news about other people and not others reading about you. Learn to be thankful for each day.

Stay blessed.
[/size]

Churchtards can be selfish sha undecided
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by Shollyps(m): 12:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
raayah:

I should thank God for other people's tragedy's[/b]?? What If it were my own child that was killed, Should I still be happy because I am alive

Lol...
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by finofaya: 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
Thanking God is redundant.
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by johnydon22(m): 1:06pm On Oct 11, 2015
raayah:

[b]

Christians got to be the most self centered, selfish people i have ever come across.

they give their God thanks for other people's tragedy because it didn't befall them.

Therefore they are more deserving of less tragedies than the people these tragedies befall.

You saw someone who just had a terrible accident and you are thanking God that you weren't the one.

For what exactly?

Because the person who had the accident deserves it more than you?

Or maybe they are not worth saving by God?

Thanking God for giving them food but not the children dying in IDP camps of hunger and malnutrition.

By thanking God for your food or for your well being shows you think God determines who eats and who don't . . . therefore they should always remember to thank God for not giving food to others.

A very selfish and disturbing mindset that erodes compassion in people in the face of the tragedies of others.

One told me the other time that he got convinced that there is a God when armed robbers shot at him and his friend but his friend got killed instead therefore God saved him.

Can you imagine such absurd idiocy.

When people bank on the tragedies of others to give thanks to their deities for their well being reveals beings devoid of compassion.

This is what happen when people give credit for world events to abstract concepts that lives inside their minds.
[/b]

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by osile2012: 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]

Christians got to be the most self centered, selfish people i have ever come across.

they give their God thanks for other people's tragedy because it didn't befall them.

Therefore they are more deserving of less tragedies than the people these tragedies befall.

You saw someone who just had a terrible accident and you are thanking God that you weren't the one.

For what exactly?

Thanking God for giving them food but not the children dying in IDP camps of hunger and malnutrition.

By thanking God for your food or for your well being shows you think God determines who eats and who don't . . . therefore they should always remember to thank God for not giving food to others.

A very selfish and disturbing mindset that erodes compassion in people in the face of the tragedies of others.

One told me the other time that he got convinced that there is a God when armed robbers shot at him and his friend but his friend got killed instead therefore God saved him.

When people bank on the tragedies of others to give thanks to their deities for their well being reveals beings devoid of compassion.

This is what happen when people give credit for world events to abstract concepts that lives inside their minds.
[/b]

[size=18pt]Why dont you kill yourself with u see someone who died from an accident to show compassion ? The bible says morn with those that morn. That does not mean you wont thank GOD for the life u have . Nobody is saying anyone deserves the tragedy, but its still right to thank GOD your not in the situation.

When you see beggers begging on the streets, you give to them but also thank God you are the one giving. Nothing stopped you from being the one begging on the street its just the grace of GOD. If you are born into a comfortable home and someone else is born under the bridge, what role did you play to ensure your born into your family?

Did you choose the family you were born into or the circumstances surrounding your birth ? So all you can do is thank God and help those your in a better position than..

Why then do people testify and have thanks giving services or party? When u pass an exam that everyone else fails, then you don't have to celebrate or be thankful because your sympathizing with those that failed.

You post ricks of frustration and bitterness. You might feel good not believing in GOD, but that does not mean he does not exist. You can get into a school and claim not to believe in exam and result, so you don't attend lectures or write exams. At the end of the session, you will fail and face the consequences of your action whether you believe or not.

So u better find your way back to your maker, because whether you believe he exists or not, whether you are happy with him or not, you will return to face him someday and pay for your actions.
[/size]
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by Chizzled06(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2015
People die everyday. Thank god you are not them.

Until you die. Then people will thank god they are not you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by Misogynist2014(m): 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]

For what exactly?

[/b]
It is ingrained in us humans to be selfish, atheist, agnostic, moslems and christians alike. That some include prayers in theirs doesn't make them much worse. But you must agree that it brings relief (little though may be) when you realise in pain that there are millions out there suffering from a much worse situation- saves from depression. Nevertheless, we should not glory in their travail.
It is to Christians to feel compassion. ''Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.'' -Romans 12:15
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by neocortex: 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:
[font=Cordia New]Some of us take life for granted and hardly see reasons to praise GOD on a daily basis . For the fact that u log into nairaland and you read about People dying from accident, bomb blasts and various tragic incidences is enough reason.For the fact that it is you reading about someone else involved in these tragedies is enough to praise GOD.

Stay blessed.

You are as dangerous as Boko haram, so each time you log in to Nairaland,
all you wish for is to find news of calamity befalling others so that you can
thank god.
How inhuman can you be ?
Well, I don't totally blame you, I blame those who taught you that the sky
god must always be praised even for the disasters that befall your neigbours.
SMH.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by osile2012: 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
neocortex:

You are as dangerous as Boko haram, so each time you log in to Nairaland,
all you wish for is to find news of calamity befalling others so that you can
thank god.
How inhuman can you be ?
Well, I don't totally blame you, I blame those who taught you that the sky
god must always be praised even for that disasters that befall your neigbours.
SMH.

[size=18pt]Do bad things always consult you before they happen ? Are you consulted before the mods bring those tragic events to the front page? They will always be there there whether you like it or not. Have u been on nairaland for a week without a tragic incident on fp. For the fact that you are alive to read them, is a reason to be thankful . That does not mean you dont sympathize with victims. But it is a constant reminder that we are nothing and be humble and thankful for every minute .[/size]
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by neocortex: 3:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:

[size=18pt]Do bad things always consult you before they happen ? Are you consulted before the mods bring those tragic events to the front page? They will always be there there whether you like it or not. Have u been on nairaland for a week without a tragic incident on fp. For the fact that you are alive to read them, is a reason to be thankful . That does not mean you dont sympathize with victims. But it is a constant reminder that we are nothing and be humble and thankful for every minute .[/size]

It is enough that bad things happen, but for you rejoicing and thanking god
over your fellow human misery is beyond me.
Even I do feel pity for animals that get knocked down on the highway
let alone humans.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by johnydon22(m): 3:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
Misogynist2014:
It is ingrained in us humans to be selfish, atheist, agnostic, moslems and christians alike. That some include prayers in theirs doesn't make them much worse. But you must agree that it brings relief (little though may be) when you realise in pain that there are millions out there suffering from a much worse situation- saves from depression. Nevertheless, we should not glory in their travail.
It is to Christians to feel compassion. ''Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.'' -Romans 12:15
[b]

It is evidently enough that we live in a planet of random events, web reactions which is that every action has a resulting reaction.

E.g: A wet floor can result to tripping over it and result to hospital result to bills and so on and so forth.

Isn't it better to agree to the simple fact that Good things happen to good and bad people alike as well as bad things happen to good and bad people alike.

Isn't it right to relate to the suffering of others, show compassion towards them and understand that what happen to them has no exception.

Why then should such nonsensical selfishness as Thanking a deity because you were not involved in the tragedy of others.

Thanking a deity for the sufferings of others because you are not one of them.

Such sick mindset erodes basic human compassion, murders pity and diminish the ability to relate to the sufferings of others in contrast to ourselves.

We are all humans living together, let us not prize ourselves more deserving than others or rejoice in the tragedies of others.

Such stuporous selfishness is a negating force for proper human compassion..
[/b]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by hahn(m): 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
Op, the very fact that bad things happen everyday while god sits back and does nothing is only proof of his incompetence. Quite on the contrary, the tragic events, sad stories and other negative things that happen only prove that god doesn't exist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by osile2012: 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
hahn:
Op, the very fact that bad things happen everyday while god sits back and does nothing is only proof of his incompetence. Quite on the contrary, the tragic events, sad stories and other negative things that happen only prove that god doesn't exist

[size=18pt]By categorizing things between good and bad, means There is a creator. There must be an incident before it is categorized as good or bad.[/size]
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by osile2012: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
neocortex:

It is enough that bad things happen, but for you rejoicing and thanking god
over your fellow human misery is beyond me.
Even I do feel pity for animals that get knocked down on the highway
let alone humans.

[size=18pt]Thanking GOD for your life, does not mean you are rejoicing over someone else misery. But you are humbled by it and realize it could have happened to you too. Thats beyond sympathy but empathy[/size]
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:
[size=18pt]
Some of us take life for granted and hardly see reasons to praise GOD on a daily basis . For the fact that u log into nairaland and you read about People dying from accident, bomb blasts and various tragic incidences is enough reason.For the fact that it is you reading about someone else involved in these tragedies is enough to praise GOD.
[/size]

THANK YOU JESUS!! FOR BY THIS CORPSE, YOU HAVE SHOWN HOW WONDERFUL YOU ARE TO ME. I AM ALIVE.
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2015

ALL GLORY TO GOD!!! THOUGH A THOUSAND FALL AT MY SIDE, AND TEN THOUSAND AT MY RIGHT, NO EVIL SHALL COME NEAR ME... TO HIM WHO KEEPS US ALIVE AND STRONG, BE ALL GLORY
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
[img]http://media2.nekropole.info/2014/11/Boko-Haram-suspected-in-suicide-bomb-at-Nigeria-school-48-de_5460fb985d67a.jpg[/img]
THE GREAT I AM, I PRAISE YOU. YOU WILL CONTINUE TO GUIDE US WITH A WALL OF FIRE.
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
[img]http://3.bp..com/-2xmuaLaf7PQ/UB0nefacTsI/AAAAAAAACQk/aEhol3swvAU/s1600/sokoto+suicide+bombing.jpg[/img]

My GOD SHALL LOOK UPON THE WORKS OF MY HANDS, AND SO SHALL HE BLESS ME. HALLELUIA LORD, THANK YOU HOLY SPIRIT FOR SUCH A MINISTRATION.
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2015
Fúck you... for making me have to do this.. Fúck you.

1 Like

Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by osile2012: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Fúck you... for making me have to do this.. Fúck you.

[size=18pt]Thank GOD your the one posting the pics and not in the pics. Life is a mystery, the more reasons we ought to be grateful to GOD in every situation .[/size]
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by hahn(m): 6:56pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:

[size=18pt]By categorizing things between good and bad, means There is a creator. There must be an incident before it is categorized as good or bad.[/size]

That we are having this discussion proves god doesn't exist. No one questions the existence of the sun because it is evident. We can see it. That an almighty being has decided to play hide and seek since the beginning of time, or at least 2,000 years by Christian timing, shows that it only exists in the imagination of the believers of such a concept.

That you believe it doesn't make it real.

Common sense determines good or bad. Humans discovered this after centuries of co-existing and wrote this in books and made them as laws. Some chose to say "god did it". Either way, the knowledge of good or bad exists across all animals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by osile2012: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2015
hahn:

That we are having this discussion proves god doesn't exist. No one questions the existence of the sun because it is evident. We can see it. That an almighty being has decided to play hide and seek since the beginning of time, or at least 2,000 years by Christian timing, shows that it only exists in the imagination of the believers of such a concept.

That you believe it doesn't make it real.

Common sense determines good or bad. Humans discovered this after centuries of co-existing and wrote this in books and made them as laws. Some chose to say "god did it". Either way, the knowledge of good or bad exists across all animals.

[size=18pt]Isnt it funny that the things we see are made by the ones we dont see ? The sun u believe exists was made by something you dont see.

How else do you want GOD to appear to you besides the things he created ? Do you want GOD to appear to you as a stone so that you will say he is a stone that he created?

What about the wind? Does it exist? Do you see it ? grin grin
[/size]
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by hahn(m): 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
osile2012:

[size=18pt]Isnt it funny that the things we see are made by the ones we dont see ?

Exactly. It is very funny that you would ascribe visible creation to an invincible being.

The sun u believe exists was made by something you dont see.

Well, at this point, this is only your belief. You don't have proof of your claim

How else do you want GOD to appear to you besides the things he created ?

By simply appearing. DUH undecided

Do you want GOD to appear to you as a stone so that you will say he is a stone that he created?

He might as well appear in whatever form he wishes. The point is he should appear

What about the wind? Does it exist? Do you see it ? grin grin

The wind is powerful enough to be felt and it's effects can be seen as opposed to god who does nothing else than remain hidden.

[/size]

Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by osile2012: 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
[quote author=hahn post=38887590][/quote]

[size=18pt]Feel him through his creation then grin grin grin Im sure he made a wind to remind you that since u cant see him but he is everywhere everytime. And you need the air to survive . How come the air we breath which is the most important to our existence is invisible ?

Maybe we need the invisible created that we cant see just like we need the air we breath? Its surprising that of all the things we can see, the air that keeps us alive is invisible . shocked shocked shocked shocked

Could the creator be telling us that we need the invisible more than the visible shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink??
[/size]
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by OgundeleT(m): 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
i would av thanked him if he has used his power to stop evil to befall on his acclaimed creature, but since he didn't, then he his a failure and he deserve no thank
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by God2man(m): 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
@osile. Don't' waste your time, these people you arguing with are not what you think they are.

It is a pity that there is no Christian section.
Re: Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland. by kevoh(m): 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2015
God2man:
It is a pity that there is no Christian section.
There's a Christian Chatbox thread, go have your tea party there.

Meanwhile, If only OP would change his/her font colour to normal black, the red/orange font is quite a discomfort to the eye when reading. Carry on with your discussion anyway, you have already made your choice!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? / Mixed Marriage / Sermon Jotters: O Lord! Make A Way For Me {mfm Sunday Service}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.