Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam (4019 Views)

The Coming Realignment In Yorubaland - By Femi Fani-kayode / Tinubu Is A Pillar, Leader In Yorubaland - Fayose / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by greatiyk4u(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
I corrected my perception of Muslims after my sojourn in Yoruba land.....Ogun state precisely. Most people from the Eastern part of this country whence I come from have this general believe that Islam as a region is wicked and meant for the Hause-fulanis.....in Nigeria.

In most cases we call every Muslim......".onye Hausa"....meaning a Northerner. The situation is even more among those that haven't traveled much especially outside the geopolitical zone......to this set of pple, anything that has to do with Islam is evil and destructive,in this regard, Muslims are highly segregated and avoided by all means.

But the crux of the matter is that you wont blame our Ignorance as experience,history,politics, and Christianity are among the factors that made it to be so...........the Northern muslims are also not helping issues.

I spent most part of my growing up life in the North and the experience seems as if my pples assumption of wicked nature of Islam is true.....throughout my stay in the North, argument or jokes about islam as a religion is a no go area due to the grave consequences involved....

Many of our Igbo brothers were sent either back home or to their early graves 4 attempting anytin no matter how harmless against Islam......the most painful one was one Chukwudi who was hopelessly sent home 4rm Gombi in Adamawa state simply because he joked with a colleague in their mechanic workshop.....

Chukwudi was lying down on a mat he bought wt his money for their general use when it was time for their usual prayer......his muslim colleague whom he has been with for many years asked him to stand up that they wanted to pray.....chukwudi jokingly replied "this prayer wey una dey pray every time and still enjoy life like others what is the need self"....lo and behold these people left the prayer and descended on chucks thank God for Nigeria police.....the rest was history

All these experiences made me and others believe that muslims are not accommodating until I found my self in Yoruba land and saw a quite different but encouraging sets of Muslim.......in the North once you are not a Muslim you are an INFIDEL and should be avoided or beta eliminated....you don't dare go to mosque for whatever reason even on invitation.

It was in Ogun state that I saw muslim man married to a christian wife, a family of muslims and christians,the most interesting and surprising part of my experience was, a colleague once invited us "christians" to a programme in the mosque and other islamic activities where christians are even encouraged to ask questions about islam, and we even mingled freely with their "damsels.....lolz..very interesting..........my question now is....is ISLAM one or is it regional

In my opinion the day the Northerners embrace the Yoruba system of practicing islam will be the day partial peace will return to Nigeria......because most Northern muslims are extremist and extremism breeds terrorism
Thanks and Happy sunday

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by Mogidi: 12:56pm On Oct 11, 2015
whence I come 4rm have dis general believe dat Islam as a region is wicked

I'd like to see you visit Gwoza, see if you come back with your head still on ya shoulder.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2947962_2g_jpeg93be8637bb46a7e5e105bef2d45bf510

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2947954_1ff_jpeg6073a093060227d7f8cb1dc5fbc78cb0

7 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by ernesty20(m): 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
I will read when it hits fp
Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by Lattop(m): 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
When ur Heart is Peaceful ur religion will b Peace

3 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by greatiyk4u(m): 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
Mogidi:

I'd like to see you visit Gwoza, see if you come back with your head still on ya shoulder.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2947962_2g_jpeg93be8637bb46a7e5e105bef2d45bf510

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2947954_1ff_jpeg6073a093060227d7f8cb1dc5fbc78cb0

Is gwoza d head quarters of islam?.........aint pple visiting UAE n saudi arabia?........

6 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by greatiyk4u(m): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2015
Lattop:
When ur Heart is Peaceful ur religion will b Peace

U av a point there

1 Like

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by pneumaticos(m): 1:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
Pislam is islam wiether na yoruba pislam or the brAinwashed hausa pislam

Do you even think the hausa consider the yoruba muslims as muslim

You better be careful

1 Like

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by greatiyk4u(m): 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
pneumaticos:

You better be careful

Careful of wot dear?
Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by pneumaticos(m): 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
greatiyk4u:

Careful of wot dear?

You were in the north, where

Mixing with muslims thinking you save with them...yoruba muslims from osun,kwara,kogi are fanatics

2 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by ERODEDEAST(f): 1:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
Op Who told you YORUBAS have MUSLEMS?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by seunny4lif(m): 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
pneumaticos:

You better be careful
Do you also think Arab people consider the black Muslims as a real Muslim
You better be careful

3 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by seunny4lif(m): 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
pneumaticos:

You were in the north, where

Mixing with muslims thinking you save with them...yoruba muslims from osun,kwara,kogi are fanatics
My friend do you know anything about Osun Muslims?
Tell me about Osun Muslims, and don't tell me the rubbish you read on the internet angry

2 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by greatiyk4u(m): 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
Op Who told you YORUBAS have MUSLEMS?

Tell me more plz
Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by pneumaticos(m): 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
seunny4lif:

Do you also think Arab people consider the black Muslims as a real Muslim
You better be careful

Abio, I better be careful

Even sunni and shia are not on thesame level

1 Like

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by Yujin(m): 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
This your observation is good but you must be able to analyse very well. Who's the head of Islam in Nigeria? The Yorubas or the Hausa/fulanis? The answer will tell you which perception of Islam you should take more seriously. In that same north even the Yoruba Muslims are slaughtered during religious riots. The middle East where Islam originates should present the clearest form of Islam to you. With these facts you can't blame Ndigbo for treating it like leprosy.

3 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by ERAKAMUS: 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
Another Damage Control Thread by OP in quest of hitting FP.

OP stop all these Nonsensicals

Is OGUN STATE the Headquarter of ISILAM.

1 Like

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by doublewisdom: 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
Nonsense! Another trash. The world is better off without the demonic religion called islam.

4 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by pneumaticos(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
seunny4lif:

My friend do you know anything about Osun Muslims?
Tell me about Osun Muslims, and don't tell me the rubbish you read on the internet angry

Yea
Their believe for the thing strong

Most yoruba muslims are from osun. N kwara

1 Like

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by greatiyk4u(m): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2015
Yujin:
This your observation is good but you must be able to analyse very well. Who's the head of Islam in Nigeria? The Yorubas or the Hausa/fulanis? The answer will tell you which perception of Islam you should take more seriously. In that same north even the Yoruba Muslims are slaughtered during religious riots. The middle East where Islam originates should present the clearest form of Islam to you. With these facts you can't blame Ndigbo for treating it like leprosy.

Mature observation
Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by badnature: 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2015
all this yoruba people,claiming the are from EAST

2 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
Islam is terror. Yoruba are snakes. They are fetish and are not real Christians or real Muslim's.

2 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by greatiyk4u(m): 1:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
Another Damage Control Thread by OP in quest of hitting FP.

OP stop all these Nonsensicals

Is OGUN STATE the Headquarter of ISILAM.

I beg 2 disagree wt u dear.........I gv no shit about FB I only expressed my observation expecting sincere n mature input 4 clarity.

2 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by ERODEDEAST(f): 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
greatiyk4u:

Tell me more plz
Don't be lazy I have given you a clue so don't be deceived. #PEACE.

1 Like

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by greatiyk4u(m): 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
doublewisdom:
Nonsense! Another trash. The world is better off without the demonic religion called islam.

I was tinking like u b4.........I only blame ur ignorance
Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
greatiyk4u:

I was tinking like u b4.........I only blame ur ignorance

Islam is evil.

3 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by pneumaticos(m): 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2015
CuckoldMaster:
Islam is terror. Yoruba are snakes. They are fetish and are not real Christians or real Muslim's.

No, there are TRUE yoruba Christians...that's why big ministries in nigeria are more from the southwest, thesame cannot be said of islam

I am sure you must have attended a yoruba church.before if you are a christian

1 Like

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by seunny4lif(m): 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
pneumaticos:

Yea
Their believe for the thing strong

Most yoruba muslims are from osun. N kwara

Am not saying most are not from those state with Ogun state
You are trying to say they are violence like northern Muslims, right?
Cos my own Osun Muslims like Osun Christians are both like the rest Yoruba and forget the newspaper story Na mouth them get

2 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by kingdompropty: 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
Islam is Islam anywhere. Believe in Jesus Christ and you will experience true peace.

Please read.

A man bought a little Lion and trained it along side his little son. One day the now young teenager had an injury and at the smell of blood the lion consumed the boy plus bones.

The man met a horror on returning home.

Friend evil is evil anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by seunny4lif(m): 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2015
pneumaticos:

Abio, I better be careful

Even sunni and shia are not on thesame level
Abi cos I witness the problem of both Sunni, Shiite and Shia Muslims in Libya
The problem going on in Libya now is between them same in Syria
The Kano Muslims are Shia dats why they are extremely wicked while the Yoruba Muslims are mostly Sunni or sometimes self dey will tell you they are just Muslim not Shia either are they Sunni

1 Like

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by ERAKAMUS: 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
greatiyk4u:

I beg 2 disagree wt u dear.........I gv no shit about FB I only expressed my observation expecting sincere n mature input 4 clarity.
Alright to your ministry OP You can convert to ISILAM and build a MOSQUE for muslems in your Compound/House, If you are Claiming that you not MUSLIM.

1 Like

Re: How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
pneumaticos:

No, there are TRUE yoruba Christians...that's why big ministries in nigeria are more from the southwest, thesame cannot be said of islam

I am sure you must have attended a yoruba church.before if you are a christian

Big ministries of making money and sheep control. Yoruba people go to Yoruba churches to be mind controlled

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The US Just Challenged China In The South China Sea And… Nothing Happened / BREAKING NEWS: Asari Dokubo Tells Buhari, We Will Go Back To Our Creeks Very Soo / Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.