Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,882 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

A Female Friend Told Me This Today - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Female Friend Told Me This Today (55878 Views)

My Crush Told Me This Today / My Boss Did This Today / What My Friend Told My Girlfriend In My Absent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2015
I had a very interesting discussion with a female friend and she told me that she is in a dilemma on whether to marry a certain brother.. these are her reasons

1= He is ready to marry her although well behaved but she is not attracted to him physically and is not sure if she will ever see pass this... she said she will not be proud or comfortable showing him off as her partner

2= she only feels she likes him because he has the fear of God, has future prospects but she will rather keep him as her friend

She does not need him for any form of financial security but says she is confused and needs advise especially from married people, she does not want to go through any marital breakup

Open to all, please advise

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by misspicy(f): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
So i made FP and had nothing to say on this thread Is it that am dumb or am trying to be dumb undecided peeps help me am confused here undecided

Anyway i dedicate this FTC to my homies
1) punkyveer,i know you are at work buh babe come home on time,you missed a lot of drama today

2)My real boo kossyablaze...tribalism will only carry its likes to d grave

3)halfrica,where ever you hide,i miss u on here

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by dharay99: 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2015
alry†.
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by faith551(m): 8:01pm On Oct 11, 2015
She is not going to marry "God fearing" she's going to marry a man, have kids with him and spend her life with him, physical attraction should be a major player in marriage.
If she's matured, she shouldn't be having problems with such issues

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by vizkiz: 8:01pm On Oct 11, 2015
so?
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by bronzegoddess(f): 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
Quite a number of us ladies are in this situation. That guy comes along, is caring, God fearing, hard-working and all, but we don't get that romantic vibe with the person. I'll say keep him close, not necessarily date him, just keep him close smiley

Y'all are allowed to read whatever meaning u want to this ^^

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
My sister I can confidently tell you that she is mature hence the reason for even considering him.. God fearing man no easy to come by o! if you agree with me. Thanks

faith551:
She is not going to marry "God fearing" she's going to marry a man, have kids with him and spend her life with him, physical attraction should be a major player in marriage.
If she's matured, she shouldn't be having problems with such issues

3 Likes

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by kay9(m): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
Do NOT marry someone you are not physically attracted to. How do you even contemplate marrying someone who doesn't excite you passionately?? Or do you imagine God will come down from heaven and instill the desire for hubby into you on your wedding night?

Smh...

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by faith551(m): 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
LookmanTalk:
My sister I can confidently tell you that she is mature hence the reason for even considering him.. God fearing man no easy to come by o! if you agree with me. Thanks

Uncle I no be sister, I be brother. One thing that confines us to where we are is because we always believe that something better is not out there, looks can be deceiving, I wonder what it will look like living with a God fearing lady I dnt have any attraction whatsoever for 10years

10 Likes

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by kay9(m): 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Quite a number of us ladies are in this situation. That guy comes along, is caring, God fearing, hard-working and all, but we don't get that romantic vibe with the person. I'll say keep him close, not necessarily date him, just keep him close smiley

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but yours is just terrible. If the man is question was your brother, would you give this advice? Or better still, how about a guy keeps you close.. You know, just keep you close but not necessarily date you o, just keep you close. Yeah, very good idea, if I say so myself.

164 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
You will have just kept your comment to yourself

Demigods:
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
lol

kay9:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but yours is just terrible. If the man is question was your brother, would you give this advice? Or better still, how about a guy keeps you close.. You know, just keep you close but not necessarily date you o, just keep you close. Yeah, very good idea, if I say so myself.

25 Likes

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
I apologise

faith551:

Uncle I no be sister, I be brother. One thing that confines us to where we are is because we always believe that something better is not out there, looks can be deceiving, I wonder what it will look like living with a God fearing lady I dnt have any attraction whatsoever for 10years

2 Likes

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by bronzegoddess(f): 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
kay9:

Well....................ur business

4 Likes

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by jabojafa(m): 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
bronzegoddess:
she shd keep him close as a frnd and b wasting d man's tym abi? Rather dan waste d guy's tym, why not tell him dt u dnt fancy him romatically so dt he cud go else where. Abeg if u nor wan marry d man giv me him numba mk i connect am with some church sistas wen i knw dey look for husband.

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by jabojafa(m): 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
bronzegoddess:
she shd keep him close as a frnd and b wasting d man's tym abi? Rather dan waste d guy's tym, why not tell him dt u dnt fancy him romatically so dt he cud go else where. Abeg if u nor wan marry d man giv me him numba mk i connect am with some church sistas wen i knw dey look for husband.

1 Like

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Aitee1: 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2015
jabojafa:

And if he doesn't wanna see the red light nko

Even if you tell him point blank that you're not feeling him sad

1 Like

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by jabojafa(m): 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
Aitee1:

And if he doesn't wanna see the red light nko

Even if you tell him point blank that you're not feeling him sad
dt one na low sef esteem dey worry am or mayb d witches for him villa stil dey wry am

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Aitee1: 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
jabojafa:
dt one na low sef esteem dey worry am or mayb d witches for him villa stil dey wry am

cheesy cheesy

Na Ika him from oh tongue

1 Like

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
Bros. Tell her not to marry a man she wouldn't want her son to look like. Its stupid.

There are guys with all she craves for and more. She shouldn't settle for anything less out of fear of the unknown!

4 Likes

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by jabojafa(m): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
Aitee1:

cheesy cheesy
Na Ika him from oh tongue
na lie joor na Obot Akara. Na Vincent E. From Ika
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by QTEST007(m): 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
My dear sister,by the time you are 32 and still single,then, u can come back and tell us how u feel.until then, continue in your ignorance/foolishness.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by phabulous88(m): 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
bronzegoddess:

Keep him as a spare, right? Say no to Friendzone undecided

28 Likes

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by richie9093(m): 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
LookmanTalk:

why do people in this country especially on this forum through the word "mature" around loosely?

Maturity doesn't come with age. Just because shes in her late 20s/early 30s doesn't mean shes matured. She has a baby brain. SHE IS IN NO WAY MATURED BASED ON WHAT YOU'VE JUST TOLD US.

Why did she choose to marry/date him at first if she wasn't physically attracted to him? if she cant brand him off as her partner why did she choose to go into a relationship with him in the first place, eh?

Please stop calling every old person "mature". Those words are not relatable i.e Old =/= Mature.

If she's having second thoughts, my advice to her would be to just call it off. Its better to be safe than sorry so she wont live the rest of her life being miserable.

28 Likes

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by MosquitoLaps(m): 12:13am On Oct 12, 2015
Never marry a man out of pity.
If you marry a man coz of only one likeable quality, that thing will fade off eventually.

my take.
Nairalanders, show a brother some love on his birthday by liking this post for no reason abeg.

64 Likes

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by PunterTim(m): 12:17am On Oct 12, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Friend-Zoning!

4 Likes

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by mikolo80: 7:43am On Oct 12, 2015
dis girl think say Good husband boku OK now de find attraction attraction wen go cheat on you or attraction broke like us e be like say girls Just like to suffer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by jaxxy(m): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2015
1st up y is she nt attracted to him if he has certain qualities that she likes?

Then there are bigger deals and things than attraction to hv a fullfuiled marriage. I don't Knw wot makes her nt attracted to him if it's his looks dat can be worked on just look at basket mouth, bovi and these comedians lol.

Nobody is perfect bt if he has 80% of wot u want in a hubby not bf oh then ure fine. E.g is he focused, driven, supportive, caring, enthusiastic, God fearing, faithful etc. I believe attraction can come smhow for ladies unless they r promiscuous.

11 Likes

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by xtervaganza(m): 8:47am On Oct 12, 2015
bronzegoddess:
what a senseless comment

Keep him close and waste his time yet you ladies cry to hell when a guy 'keeps you close'

You bloody hypocrite

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by bronzegoddess(f): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2015
xtervaganza:
what a senseless comment

Keep him close and waste his time yet you ladies cry to hell when a guy 'keeps you close'

You bloody hypocrite
your bladdy business my friend smiley

1 Like

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by bronzegoddess(f): 9:52am On Oct 12, 2015
PunterTim:
Friend-Zoning!

Its called "having a good friend". We all need good friends smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What I Did To A Lady I Was Crushing On / 9 Most Shocking Secrets Women Don't Want Men To Know / Boyfriend Of Ghanaian ‘Kitchen Stool Sextape’ Girl Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.