Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Who Inherits The Deceased Mother's Property In Igbo Land. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Who Inherits The Deceased Mother's Property In Igbo Land. (693 Views)

LAND DOCUMENT OR TITLE To Know Before Buying Property In Lagos #Safety first / Trying To Rent A Property In Lagos? Read This / How Do I Go About My Deceased Mother Money In The Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Inherits The Deceased Mother's Property In Igbo Land. by ezebrain: 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
Please, does anyone have true knowlegde of the igbo customary law regarding inheritance, especially on the side of the youngest son?

I heard that the youngest son in the igbo family is the one to inherit all the deceased mother's property.

Let me be clear, i am from Imo state, i am the youngest son in my family; a family of three males and five females. My parents are late and my mother owned a big shop at the market which my sister gained access to because she was the only one closest to my mother. She is currently collecting the rent bill, though she does not depend on the shop, for she has her own well ballanced source of income.

Despite my financial problems, this my wicked sister does not want her kobo to fall on my lap, she decides to play favour only on the side of her husband. However, i do not care for her money. I only care for my inheritance.

Now, i'm being urged by people around me to go for the shop.

Should i sue her? Am i to go to her with my family elders?
I need your advise please!
Re: Who Inherits The Deceased Mother's Property In Igbo Land. by benega: 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: Who Inherits The Deceased Mother's Property In Igbo Land. by Abariwiseman: 11:00am On Oct 12, 2015
Room self contain, Room/parlour self contain, 2 and 3 Bedroom flat to rent,
available in Ibafor, Magboro and mowe.
call 08057883203, 08061163053.
Re: Who Inherits The Deceased Mother's Property In Igbo Land. by kopell: 11:40am On Oct 12, 2015
ezebrain:
Please, does anyone have true knowlegde of the igbo customary law regarding inheritance, especially on the side of the youngest son?

I heard that the youngest son in the igbo family is the one to inherit all the deceased mother's property.

Let me be clear, i am from Imo state, i am the youngest son in my family; a family of three males and five females. My parents are late and my mother owned a big shop at the market which my sister gained access to because she was the only one closest to my mother. She is currently collecting the rent bill, though she does not depend on the shop, for she has her own well ballanced source of income.

Despite my financial problems, this my wicked sister does not want her kobo to fall on my lap, she decides to play favour only on the side of her husband. However, i do not care for her money. I only care for my inheritance.

Now, i'm being urged by people around me to go for the shop.

Should i sue her? Am i to go to her with my family elders?
I need your advise please!
Get a job first. Build your own future first, then ask for your right in legal manner ok. Think of what you can do for yourself. not what someone left.

(1) (Reply)

Executive 6nos Of 4bedroom Flat To Let @ Ikeja G R A Lagos (view Pictures) / Tastefully & Newly Build 1br Flat & 2br Flat To Let @ Onipanu Ilupeju Side 1yr / Executive & New 7units Of 4bedroom Terrace Duplex To Let @ Osapa London (picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.