Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Tinubu Attacks Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Attacks Saraki (30627 Views)

Tinubu Attacks APC Chairman Over Akeredolu's Emergence..see Shocking Revelations / Tinubu Attacks Saraki / You Are Disloyal And Indisciplined, Tinubu Attacks Saraki! - TheNews.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Dotng: 4:22am On Oct 12, 2015
Tinubu attacks Saraki

By Clifford Ndujihe & Dapo Akinrefon
NATIONAL Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, yesterday, lambasted Senate President, Bukola Saraki, describing him as an indisciplined, disloyal and member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in soul.

Tinubu spoke yesterday while denying media reports (not Vanguard) that he was conspiring with Senate President Saraki to move against President Muhammadu Buhari over his alleged disaffection with the ministerial list.

Insisting that President Buhari must be supported by all to realise the change agenda, Tinubu said there was no way he could conspire with Saraki, who he said was indisciplined, disloyal and a PDP member in soul.
Tinubu spoke via a statement from Conakry, Guinea, by his Media Director, Dare Sunday.

“The idea of an alleged conspiracy between Tinubu and Saraki against the President is a lie. Tinubu is committed to the APC vision and the Nigeria Project. The way Senator Saraki captured his current seat travestied party discipline” he said.

Reacting to the attack, the Senate President, Saraki, said he would not join issues with Tinubu and promised that the screening of ministerial nominees, starting tomorrow, would be done objectively according to the laws of the country and in the interest of Nigerians.
Tinubu in the statement said: “It was a crass act of disloyalty showing that Saraki may have joined the APC on paper but has remained true to the malpractices and wrong aims of the reactionary PDP in his soul.

“If this nation is to have more than a fleeting chance of escaping the quagmire into which years of PDP misrule have taken us, we cannot allow these regressive elements to deploy their cunning tricks to divide and pit progressives against progressives,” he said
The APC leader said he would not toss aside a lifetime’s labour because of an alleged slight and certainly would not join with Senator Saraki in stymieing the government which might just be the nation’s last best chance to salvage itself.

“In our journey to national betterment, plans and policies will be made, then amended. Mistakes will occur and then be corrected. Achievements will be had and replicated. Through it all, Asiwaju will remain true to the progressive ideals that fuelled the creation of the APC. He has devoted his political life to achieve what has been achieved. His heart is too much of the people and his mind too fixed on establishing a positive historic legacy to suffer such a cynical policy or engage in the destructive pettiness of which he is accused.”

He continued: ‘’The alleged conspiracy is a figment. It takes at least two people to make a conspiracy. There has been no substantive communication between Asiwaju and Saraki since the latter decided to foul the integrity of the Senate and the party. To be truthful, I don’t think Saraki would care to hear what Asiwaju would have to say to him. He would admonish the Senator to treat the nomination process with dispatch, justice, fairness, transparency, and most of all with the greatest patriotism.

“He would counsel Saraki to shelve his personal situation for the moment to concentrate on the people’s business. It would be a grave mistake and abuse of office for Saraki to directly or indirectly inject his personal matter into the approval process. Saraki should not link the approval of a single minister to his desire for extra-judicial treatment of his issues.’’

The statement read in part: ‘’Other than voice this encouragement, Bola Tinubu will never say a negative word or lift a finger to forestall anyone’s approval before the Senate. For the record, the Buhari Presidency was brought to life by the votes of millions of Nigerians who desire change. Such a collective and historic achievement is not one that anyone who worked to bring it to life would easily seek to de-construct.

“If adhering to the decisions of the party, supporting the government’s progressive plank and working for the good of the people qualifies Tinubu for surveillance, then he will accept that.

“However, we know that any such surveillance is not from state security organs. Such activity would come from the insecurity agencies of the PDP and its mercenary allies elsewhere who would seek to fragment the true core of the APC so that they may scuttle the Buhari reform programme and return the nation to the misgovernance of the past. They hope to delude the APC into attacking itself. By so doing, they believe they can regain through stealth, the reins of government the people seized from them through elections. They seek to break the hearts and hopes of the people. Asiwaju Tinubu would never team with anyone to gain such an inhumane objective…

“Those who midwifed this garish tale gave birth not to truth but to lies intended to kill APC unity and to retard the Buhari administration’s strategic reform initiatives, as earlier outlined by our party manifesto. Given the potential for change that stands before us, we are now beginning to see the true nature of many people. There are those who truly want positive change so that we can break from the ways of a stolid past. Then there are those who speak of change with their mouths but never believe in it in their hearts. They came along with us for the ride or because no other political option availed itself at the operative time. Now given the chance to redeem themselves from their past political actions, they would rather return to the political morass from whence they came.

“Here, I will do those who inhabit the shadows of untruth a favour. I will state explicitly what they hoped to get the reader to infer. Their claim is that Tinubu has joined with Saraki to scuttle the President’s ministerial nominations. They have misfired.

‘’Their wrong is a great wrong. Like the rest of us, Asiwaju Tinubu waited for the President to select his cabinet. The majority of the selections have been made. There is nothing to do but congratulate the appointees and pray for them. Their responsibilities are vast, the future of the nation now rests on their shoulders. The challenges before them are manifold and daunting. Those who want the best for Nigeria can only hope that these people succeed. The only intervention that Asiwaju Tinubu would make is one of encouragement. He would charge them to remain true to the progressive vision of the party and our President.’’

I won’t join issues with Tinubu—Saraki
Reacting, Saraki, in a statement by his Spokesperson, Mr Yusuf Olaniyonu said: “I saw the statement said to be issued by Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu over a story published by a national daily. I have decided not to join issues with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. However, I know that most Nigerians are aware that there has been no meeting or communication between me and Asiwaju Tinubu since I was elected Senate President. Therefore, I do not see any basis for a newspaper to report that we are both plotting to oppose the President.

“I recognise Tinubu as one of the leaders of the APC who contributed so much to the victory of the party in the last election. Some other people also contributed and I believe the collective efforts made it possible for the first time in the history of our country for an opposition party to win the general elections.
He also said: “Let me state clearly that I remain a committed member of the APC and will do all in my powers to ensure the party fulfill its promises to bring positive changes into the country.

“Since my election as Senate President, my focus and efforts have been devoted to doing the job that I was elected to do by my constituents and my colleagues in the Senate. Twice, my colleagues have confirmed their support for me as the primus inter pares in the Senate.

“As I said in my speech when we resumed from our recess late September and in Ikenne over the weekend, the screening of ministerial nominees will be handled by me and my colleagues with all sense of responsibility and in adherence to the provision of the constitution. We will be fair to all and be guided by the interest of Nigeria. The screening will be devoid of sentiment and it is not an opportunity for anybody to settle scores. We are equally eager for us to make a positive difference in our polity and Nigerians will be able to judge us whether we acted in their best interest or not.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/tinubu-attacks-saraki/
Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by eleko1: 4:52am On Oct 12, 2015
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 12, 2015
The battle line is drawn!!! Lets see what transpires on the floor of the senate on Tuesday!!!!

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 12, 2015
Saraki should just return to the PDP and the opposition.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 12, 2015
Tinubu is already dying politically!! Saraki played a key role in his impending political demise!! There is no need replying a dying and desperate man.

Tinubu peleoo there is always a big difference between ludo you are so used to and the more complex game of chess

90 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 12, 2015
kITATITA:
Saraki should just return to the PDP and the opposition.

He will surely return in 2019 just like Tambuwal did!! It would just be another Tambuwal scenario

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Firefire(m): 5:27am On Oct 12, 2015
Two criminals
Same ideology of enslaving their people
Same pattern of looting
Same method of installing puppets to continue their roles
Same style of converting their state resources to their personal estate.

(Like Tinubu, like Saraki... Na dem dem) How I wish they can CHANGE?

Only God can deliver Nigeria and Nigerians from this selfish looters claiming leaders.

'Ile aiye, ese 'MEFA'... undecided

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by DWJOBScom(m): 5:32am On Oct 12, 2015
Dear Naija
Here comes your change!
Power thirst group of men

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Babzrockman: 5:35am On Oct 12, 2015
Thief accusing thief. They are both CCB victims.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by salisy: 5:51am On Oct 12, 2015
Why na
Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by noeloge82(m): 5:57am On Oct 12, 2015
Funny as it may sound we Nigerians only need to watch d gladiators tear their self and learn for a good political future

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:
Tinubu is already dying politically!! Saraki played a key role in his impending political demise!! There is no need replying a dying and desperate man.
Tinubu peleoo there is always a big difference between ludo you are so used to and the more complex game of chess
I agree with you, but not quite.
Tinubu is still much more relevant than saraki.
Tinubu still wields much power in the south-west.
Who is Saraki?
He's only suffering from megalomania
He's lost the control of his own base
He was stoned just last month..
No matter how hard saraki tries, his influence will never go beyond Ilorin. He can't go beyond the senate presidency...
He can keep attaching himself to the north... Hausas won't consider him for presidency
Not the Hausa's of Nigeria where those of the Northwest feels superior to those of the Northeast, how much more a man from Ilorin!
Tinubu may seem irrelevant for now...... 2019 is around the corner
Like the Yoruba's will say 'ojulopesi ashiere logbagbe'
On the other hand... Saraki
How could he believe Baba.. Someone who has kept him at arm's length since he became SP.
Baba will simply use and dump him
He will still face the tribunal. He should enjoy the fun while it lasts..
No matter sarakis political shenanigans, he can never become a president in Nigeria
Hausa's will never support an half-bood Yoruba

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:12am On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Raymondville(m): 6:15am On Oct 12, 2015
Its getting more messy
Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by onyiloyi(m): 6:33am On Oct 12, 2015
Will Tinubu ever forgive this man?
Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Ideyontop: 6:50am On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by moyinoluwabun(m): 6:53am On Oct 12, 2015
APC's headache

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by AustineE1: 6:54am On Oct 12, 2015
It is a shame that inspite of the fact,that the worst kind of looting ever known in this part of the world,was carried out by Tinubu and Saraki,while they where in government.
Tinubu still has the temerity to admonish others and regard himself as a progressive,who loves his people with a great passion.The same people,you and your family has stolen their common wealth and the future of their children are now blink.....this can only happen in Nigeria,soonest the same victims of his serial looting,will come here to defend him. My heart weeps!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 12, 2015
doing that would be suicide mission for Tinubu.

the presidency is wiser than any moves he can make.

in politic, no friend ,no foe.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by BIBILISTIC(f): 7:24am On Oct 12, 2015
K
Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by mostHandsome01: 7:24am On Oct 12, 2015
hmm
Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Tonniey(m): 7:24am On Oct 12, 2015
Funny people
Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Raymondville(m): 7:24am On Oct 12, 2015
I don't believe this post. These two politicians should be careful and not allow the press to destroy their relationship which may have negative effect on the success of the party in future election...
Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by delors(m): 7:24am On Oct 12, 2015
Right
Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by techmart(m): 7:25am On Oct 12, 2015
These people are suppose to be role models.
Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by itsIYKE(m): 7:25am On Oct 12, 2015
Ok

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by Sweetyie(f): 7:25am On Oct 12, 2015
Oh chim
Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by haffaze777(m): 7:26am On Oct 12, 2015
does dat concern me sha?make dem kuku pa ara won now,all I just want nah better nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by midomedia(m): 7:26am On Oct 12, 2015
The most painful part is that after looting the treasury, they will take the looted funds to europe to develop european nations.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by BCISLTD: 7:27am On Oct 12, 2015
angry I kinda like this banter in the APC...PDP was too united in corruption. ..let them continue to disagree till this country is great.

Check my signature Call or whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Attacks Saraki by maxiuc(m): 7:28am On Oct 12, 2015
I don't for who attack each other two of them can just die for I care they are already causing problem in this country Baba God wipe out those that are causing unrest in this country oh lord

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Loses In All 14 Lgas Where Adamawa Supplementary Poll Held / Pa Akintola Williams Dies At 104 / Military Seize Food, Logistics Meant For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.