Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Help, Advice Needed!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, Advice Needed!!! (1276 Views)

Issues With My Help. Advice Needed!!! / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Problem With My Wife. Could I Be The Problem Here? Help Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, Advice Needed!!! by eagleccentric(m): 10:34am On Oct 12, 2015
Maurice is a good friend of mine and recently confided in me.

He's been married for over 10 years, has a nice family and is generally ok.

Recently, Maurice met a female cousin of his colleague at work. They got really close and now he is getting obsessed with her. He is a deeply religious person and in all his years of marriage has never cheated on his wife and he never wants to have to do it.

Like i said earlier, he has gotten too close for comfort with this lady. They talk everyday, he visits her at home, and she even gets to cook for him. Now he almost cannot do without seeing her or speaking with her on a daily basis.

He is right now suffering a crisis of conscience. I've told him that if it continues this way he would go down the road of infidelity. My advice was that he should cut off all communications with the lady.

Being a soft-hearted fellow who usually can't hurt a fly, Maurice does not know how to end the friendship as he doesn't want to hurt her. He feels its just friendship but fears that it may turn into something else. Asides how does he go about hurting someone that's been so nice to him?

What do you think?
Help my friend out of his dilemma.
Thanks
Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 12, 2015
No matter how long you have gone on a wrong road............................ TURN BACK! ...... Chinese Proverb

2 Likes

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by Cutehector(m): 11:17am On Oct 12, 2015
It all started with a "hi"
Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by pretydiva(f): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
The earlier he makes a U-turn d better 4 him. He his heading towards d path of destruction

2 Likes

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by 001ng: 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
Can you grow up and stop this "it's my friend" thread.
Everyone here knows it's your problem. Be man enough and seek advice.

1 Like

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by socrateez(m): 7:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
Once upon a time, a man ignited a match stick inside his room and put it very close to his wardrobe. Withing minutes, one of his shirts caught fire but he just laughed, afterall its just a shirt and he could just put out the fire with his bare hands. So he left the fire and went to his sitting room to watch ManU vs Arsenal. Ten minutes later, three shirts had caught fire but he didn't mind; why should he? He just needed to fetch a bucket of water to put out the fire. One of his neighbours noticed a strange odour of burning materials from his room and called him but he said it was nothing. He was in charge. Twenty minutes later, the whole room was in smoke! Then he started to panic so he ran to the tap. His neighbours saw the smoke oozing out of his window and screamed to attract the attention and call for help. It was too late; the whole house was burnt down.

Moral of the story......

Don't intentionally ignite a fire you have to invite the fire brigade to put out.

8 Likes

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
eagleccentric:
Maurice is a good friend of mine and recently confided in me.

He's been married for over 10 years, has a nice family and is generally ok.

Recently, Maurice met a female cousin of his colleague at work. They got really close and now he is getting obsessed with her. He is a deeply religious person and in all his years of marriage has never cheated on his wife and he never wants to have to do it.

Like i said earlier, he has gotten too close for comfort with this lady. They talk everyday, he visits her at home, and she even gets to cook for him. Now he almost cannot do without seeing her or speaking with her on a daily basis.

He is right now suffering a crisis of conscience. I've told him that if it continues this way he would go down the road of infidelity. My advice was that he should cut off all communications with the lady.

Being a soft-hearted fellow who usually can't hurt a fly, Maurice does not know how to end the friendship as he doesn't want to hurt her. He feels its just friendship but fears that it may turn into something else. Asides how does he go about hurting someone that's been so nice to him?

What do you think?
Thanks

Methinks you're Maurice.

2 Likes

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by eagleccentric(m): 11:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Methinks you're Maurice.

Ok substitute my name for Maurice and advice!!

1 Like

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by eagleccentric(m): 11:44pm On Oct 12, 2015
001ng:
Can you grow up and stop this "it's my friend" thread.
Everyone here knows it's your problem. Be man enough and seek advice.

I'm all grown up now, please say something to help. Abi?

1 Like

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:52am On Oct 13, 2015
eagleccentric:

Ok substitute my name for Maurice and advice!!

Ok.

What I would say is that Maurice is an adult, and we only live once - as much as well can remember.

So if he fancies the girl, he should go ahead and tidy. And since he's married, he should be discreet.

Vault should help - app.
Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by Miami11: 1:25am On Oct 13, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Ok.

What I would say is that Maurice is an adult, and we only live once - as much as well can remember.

So if he fancies the girl, he should go ahead and tidy. And since he's married, he should be discreet.

Vault should help - app.
What if the woman gets a baby?
He will run back here to open another thread bothering our minds.

1 Like

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by eagleccentric(m): 8:19am On Oct 13, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Ok.

Vault should help - app.

He doesn't want to do it. All he needs is the best way to break up the relationship, as they've gotten too close.
Doing it is entirely out of the question
Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 13, 2015
eagleccentric:

What do you think?
Thanks
he doesn't want to hurt the lady but very well wants to hurt his wife right? So immature and silly for a man married for 10years....
No wonder people haven't replied since you posted this thread yesterday, they probably find it st*pid....

Go on and scatter your family, then come back and tell us how it goes...
Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 13, 2015
10 year marriage about to go down the drain sad

Maurice you are bored!!! . . . My advise to you is to take time off work and go and spend quality time with your wifey. Put all those boring day to day activities to one side and reconnect with your wifey.

Take her to the salon to get a change of hair style, take her to the shops and buy her a new wardrobe, redecorate your bedroom, move things around in your house. think of a hobby you can both do together; golf, gym, travel . . yes travel. Spending a night in the next town is travel.

When you start spending more fun times with your own wife, your collegeus cousin wont be so appealing to you.

Marriage needs constant refueling & maintenance just like a car. ou cant just keep on driving. What you lack is excitement. Its better to be excited with your wife, you will enjoy that better & with no guilt and no negetive consequnces.

I pray you overcome this tempation. Thats why I always say its better to flee in the first instance than trying to fight it when it becomes a monster.
All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by Jahblessme: 9:15am On Oct 13, 2015
Nothing will stop him.
I say so because he has reached the point where the woman's feelings are more important to him than those of his wife and children.
And why not really?? It's not like his marriage will even change after the act if his wife finds out,he knows she will be pressured to forgive and go on.So what's the incentive not to go ahead sef??
10 whole years,hehehehehe.Highest na to say sorry to wifey and life resumes as usual.Then when she weeps tears of joy at your funeral them go say na witch.
Do it already and spare us the long story.

2 Likes

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by jabojafa(m): 10:10am On Oct 13, 2015
the best thing that kills any relationship/friendship faster is communcation. So cut off all links of communicatin with her. How come ur wife for 10yrs havent even notice abt ur new frnd. Try and mk ur wife ur best frnd again rather than a strange woman. Remember dis road ur r driving vry fast on cud be vry disastrous, so d earlier u mk a U-turn d beta for ur marriage. Did u eva tell dis girl dt ur r married?

3 Likes

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
Miami11:

What if the woman gets a baby?
He will run back here to open another thread bothering our minds.

Then there'll be a baby.
Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by taryour(f): 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2015
How else do you want to be told that woman is not nice to you in anyway but a DEVIL!!! are you a teenager or rather a baby to know the woman has a good plan up her sleeves and you already playing her game. what sane woman would cook for a married man and welcome him in her place She no get her boyfriend to cook for and share her free time with, no you she get time for.

You better wake up, from your slumber man or prepare for your own doom. what nonsense. oh please cut the crap, what do you mean he is very religious man and doesn't want to hurt her, doesn't know how to end the friendship, she has been so nice to you. friendship my foot, what stupid friendship is that A friendship that has taken away your sense of morals and dignity of married man? what religion a beg? does the same religion allow you keep such relationship outside of your home

I just hope for your own good your wife doesn't find out about this before you reset your brain....

2 Likes

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by sevule(m): 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
If your child is sick and the only way he can be cured is through a very painful injection, would you tell the doctor not to administer the injection because it is painful and you can't stand to see your child cry? The answer is NO.

Sometimes in life we have to make painful decisions for the greater good and this is one of those times. I completely understand your friend's predicament about not wanting to hurt his lady friend but the truth is that he has to hurt her to save his marriage and his conscience. There are no middle grounds here and let him not think for one second that he can eat his cake and have it. He either cuts off this friendship now and save his marriage or continue with the friendship, eventually cheat on his wife and ruin his marriage and spiritual standing with God.

The only way to soften the blow is to tell his friend the truth. That he cannot continue their friendship because he is having feelings for her and he does NOT want to hurt his wife.

I hope he is able to do what he KNOWS is the right thing here

1 Like

Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
taryour:
How else do you want to be told that woman is not nice to you in anyway but a DEVIL!!! are you a teenager or rather a baby to know the woman has a good plan up her sleeves and you already playing her game. what sane woman would cook for a married man and welcome him in her place She no get her boyfriend to cook for and share her free time with, no you she get time for.

You better wake up, from your slumber man or prepare for your own doom. what nonsense. oh please cut the crap, what do you mean he is very religious man and doesn't want to hurt her, doesn't know how to end the friendship, she has been so nice to you. friendship my foot, what stupid friendship is that A friendship that has taken away your sense of morals and dignity of married man? what religion a beg? does the same religion allow you keep such relationship outside of your home

I just hope for your own good your wife doesn't find out about this before you reset your brain....

My dear this is why I always tell people to flee far far from tempation cos when it starts many people just get so mixed up with its very dificult to unravel themselves from it.
Many polygamous familys today started like this . . giving her a lift, friends in the office and all what not
They always say the same thing . ."im in control" " I know what im doing" " I can stop when im ready". . .but they forget that the devil is busy doing pressups to build muscles to wade in and scatter things
Meanwhile the woman may have other motives that the man doesnt even know.
You said it already, Instead of the woman to send the man home, she is cooking eba and egusi for the man
Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by jmoore(m): 4:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
Maurice knows the right thing to do. He needs no help.
Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by taryour(f): 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
tearoses:

My dear this is why I always tell people to flee far far from tempation cos when it starts many people just get so mixed up with its very dificult to unravel themselves from it.
Many polygamous familys today started like this . . giving her a lift, friends in the office and all what not
They always say the same thing . ."im in control" " I know what im doing" " I can stop when im ready". . .but they forget that the devil is busy doing pressups to build muscles to wade in and scatter things
Meanwhile the woman may have other motives that the man doesnt even know.
You said it already, Instead of the woman to send the man home, she is cooking eba and egusi for the man

Very true sis, na so e dey start, later they will say it's devils work.

it's, so annoying sis, hearing this from a grown up man. The man no be baby na, he must be in his 40s and to think his been married for 10 solid years. What you will not eat DO NOT perceive it.
Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by qhutetomsel(f): 11:06am On Oct 14, 2015
eagleccentric:

He doesn't want to do it. All he needs is the best way to break up the relationship, as they've gotten too close.
Doing it is entirely out of the question
A simple 'please for the sake of peace I think we should reduce the rate at which we communicate, as u know I am a married man nd won't want anything to affect my marriage' shouldn't be difficult for him to say, if she doesn't have an ulterior motive d lady 'll understand.
And if that doesn't work he should confide in his wife, when the lady see's that d wife is involved she'll be forced to withdraw nd cut any form of emotions or attachment.
your friend should be ready to MAN up
Re: Help, Advice Needed!!! by babygirlfl: 2:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hahaha a religious man that can't hurt a woman's feeling but can hurt the wife's feeling. The type of Christians who make mockery of Christianity.

(1) (Reply)

Married Woman Wants To Do House Maid / Power Of Motherhood; A Heart Touching Pics Of A True Loving Mother / Wives! See How You Can Help Your "One-Minute" husband by feeding him this

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.