Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling (33878 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Prestigious Alumni / 7 Nigerian Universities With The Strongest Alumni Bodies / University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by diamonds2: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2009
there is nothing to write home about that school,till date, i dont advice anyone to ever take his /her child there,if you must take your child to a private university,go ahead and take them to convenat university or redeemer's universities or any university that has the owner as someone who genuinely serves God,not all these pretenders like Fr edeh.
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by Timdonca: 8:40am On Apr 27, 2009
hey fellow madonite, madonna uni, is a great sch, and just lik other sch has its own problem. but wat can u say of a sch dat student result just disappear lik dat, keepin d student back in sch 4 another year. i believe dat we d alumni of madonna can mak a diff on some of dere rules.
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by Timdonca: 8:44am On Apr 27, 2009
DIS IS MY MAIL timolegend@yahoo.com, name timothy, graduate of elect/elect engr. I DEY WARRI NOW. 08037450957.
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by Charitybd: 1:50pm On May 08, 2009
Nobody was forced to go to Madonna university, if u can't cope u leave. Am a direct entry student and honestly i feel a different atmosphere in madonna university. I am so free, i dont get scared of cultist, my security is sure and no harrasement whatsoever, i am very comfortable in my room, its airy, enough space, the toilets and bathrooms are neat etc. Most people saying negative things about the school are those who were expelled from the school for one reason or the other. If u left willingly, u wont say things that are on called for. Medicine is not a course that should be accreditated just immediately, because we dont want future doctors who would use scissors to carry out an operation,thats why there are a lot of quacks evereywhere. Must you be a doctor? if everyone becomes a doctor who would be the patient? There are other courses that would fetch u money if thats what you want and besides there are some fed uni were medicine is not yet accredited. May be you were not given room to explore the girls the way u want or involve in cultism bt thats no reason for you to say trash. I think you should make good use of your brains, if u have and stop tanishing the image of the school. Rome was not built in a day. Madonna is just nine. Diamond2 ur name is in evry column in every page with long notes, thats to say, u are having a serious bif with madonna uni, cos u are not the only one that left madonna becos of medicine accreditation. Every university, every person, every thing has a good and bad side. With time and people to encourage us we amend our ways.
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by diamonds2: 2:06am On May 18, 2009
@charitybd, ha ha ha ha,point of correction guy,im not a male im a female, sure no one was forced to go madonna university,but we are forced to remain,you said"if u can't cope u leave", as if its that easy to leave,who in heaven's sake told you theres no cult in madonna university?? my dear open you inner sense and see,is there any cult bigger that the one that doesnt allow freely allow protestants to freely worship God, impounding their mic,pianos,and band for worship,
if i might ask which of the campuses did you happen to find yourself in that you are describing that you hostels are so wonderful,the llast time i cheaked there used to be 8 to 10 students in a room LOL!!
I dont have a personal beef wit your school,the funny thing is that its even ppl that are still students in your school that wants we outside to tell the world wat happening to them there,
will you advise your son or daughter to attend a school that is not fully accredited?i wonder which of the doctors you have met that graduated from a nigerian university   that has used sissor to cut open ppl's stomach,if yes then i guess its your stomach lol!! my friend ,nigeria makes very wonderful doctors from public universities,i wonder wat kind of doctors madonna will make,when the rarely have good practicals,lots of unqualified lecturers tell me how many consultants do the have in MUTH LOL,you are here wagging you mouth

just as you choose to study watever course you are studying so did ppl choose to study medicine ,you havent got any right to tell anyone to choose something else to study,medicine is where i find myself good in doing so ppl like you will be our patients lol!! meanwhile madonna is 9years,did you just call that "just"? keeping ppl who are suppose to finish a 6years course for 9years is not a joke with graduation not in view ,if thats wat you are going thru,im prefectly sure you wont type bullshit here,
that you came to madonna through direct entry i guess by viture of cirumstance,maybe your GP wasnt good enough to fetch you a sit in a Good nigerian public university,or madonna happens to be the cheapest in price for that course you want to study
the earlier you begin to tell yourself the truth the better,wake up, guy! point of correction i wasnt expelled from your school,i willingly left and so did most of us in that your so-called medicine department left,we used to be 400 students in that class,about 320 of us in that class are scattered all over the world,this is just in my class the class below me have even a greater number out,im not even one of us left as a result of expulsion,
your affinity to that school is clouding you reasoning.
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by charitybd2: 6:13pm On May 22, 2009
Dont get me all wrong Diamond2. Of course cultism exist in almost or all schools wheather private of public but there's no condusive environment for them to display in Madonna. May be your school host them. Dont assume what you dont know. I made a good grade in my ND, the school i applied 4 DE was on a strike dat seemed endless and i had to forge ahead without wasting time and dats why am in Madonna. Besides, am not in faculty of Sciences that pay the cheapest in Madonna. You know, the first time i logged on to this website, i really thought you were a lady. The pages and also Ur column was filled with long notes and somehow abusive words, its not good for a guy. Is this how Medical students in your school while away their time on net sending abusive notes instead of using the internet as a source of learning. Just a word of advice, there are so many diseases out there with no cure, why dont you use your time and study real hard, try and see if you can provide a minut contribution to health as a whole so dat when next one logs in, we wont only see diamond2 expressing anger over madonna university but contributing to health. Take care guy.
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by diamonds2: 9:02pm On May 23, 2009
@charitybd2,point of correction faculty of science isnt the cheapest in madonna,faculty of education is the cheapest (as at the last time i cheaked) moreover im not in africa,so those things like internet you see as a big deal is as free as breathing in air,if you feel ppl should only come online to learn then you are mistaken,from the last time i cheaked theres a time called "leisure" just incase you dont know,i guess spending part of my leisure online replying myopic ppl like you isnt alot,
cultism not only exists in universities,in nigeria,it also exists in the streets,pubs,clubs,the point im trying to make is that you came to madonna univeristy becos of a stronger reason not only becos you feel its cult free,probably strike free,but even at that ,the still dont teach better than other public universities becos of under qualified lecturers( especially in faculty of medicine)
you said i should be studying to contribute to the cure of diseases that hasnt got a cure,my dear,na so them tell you say the dey do the thing,dont you know you limb a ladder from the lowest level to the top most,my dear im climbing the ladder slow and steady,when i get top will let you know.ha ha ha
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by charitybd2: 8:34pm On May 26, 2009
Hey, Education is not in Elele mind you. Seems its your first time of leaving africa thats why you have to publish it on net, sorry guy! Should i say i stroll abroad. Dont you think you've left out something, may be you should also try CNN it would do better. Internet can never be a big deal, i browse with my system whenever i have something to do on net like check boxes,assignments, latest discoveries on net etc. Who cares were and what ladder you climb. Anyway, i just want to let you & everyone out there know that Madonna is graduating her Medical students July 2009. Diamond2 may be you would laugh louder this time around, may be i should help you out HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! . Do take care of yourself and keep climbing the ladder or would you climb the mask this time around. You know its higher.
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by diamonds2: 2:58pm On May 30, 2009
lol!!,i see that you find it alot easier fooling around than thinking,when you mentioned madonna university,you never mention any of the campus,and i still stand on the fact that in the whole of madonna university education is the CHEAPEST stick that into your small brain,
madonna is graduating their first medical student ha ha ha sure i know that was told by a friend on facebook,but the gradutaing students are still being asked by FATHER EDEH to pay 1 MIILLION NARIA  AFTER GRADUATION IF THE DONT WANT TO WORK FOR HIM,HA HA HA ,ie even before the go for intership (dont dare deny it,my friends are complaining bitterly about that),common guy thats damm ridiculous,thats graduating in bondage,my friend  who finished from medical lab science told me that they were asked to pay 5 HUNDRED THOUSAND NARIA AS WELL,
your school is so wacked that there are people will be graduating  still complain of missing scores and scripts and are made to pay a whole school fees just to rewrite those exams,
my friend if you keep denying all these things that happen there,God will definitely make you a victim to this then you will know how much it hurts to experience it,instead of you to be thinking of how to make that wacked end of yours better,you are hidding it "under a blanket" go ahead,you will definitely be a victim,
you stroll aboard and you think so retardedly,wat a shame!!,mind you i left madonna university when medical school was still in okija ask the old students the will tell you how long ago that was then you calculate how many years i have lived abroad, SMALL BRAINS!!!!
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by charitybd2: 8:39pm On May 31, 2009
Diamond2, Is insult the best way you express your frustration? If any one is retarded it is you. Whether medical students are paying 1 million or not the fact still remains they are graduating July. God who provided the finances for them up to this stage will bring it to completion, that i know. Of course it hurts asking them to pay that amount, i never mentioned anything about the money in my previous post, but they are still graduating coming july, blocked brain!!! Am happy for them after all these years. I had a good beginning and will definately have a good end, you are not God who determines the beginning or end of a person.You always talked of public schools in Nigeria comparing it with madonna, thats to say one of them might be your school and all of a sudden you've been living abroad and may be probably schooling there, do you think before talking? You sure have a wacked end if i may say. I see this is becoming a personal beef and it is getting more interesting.
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by skolars(m): 9:44pm On May 31, 2009
your affinity to that school is clouding you reasoning.
BABY U R TOO MUCH.
U R D BEST ONLINE.KEEP MOVING. I M A GRADUATE OF STANFORD, I HAVE NOT FINISH LEARNING.TEACH ME PLZ.08037633338
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by diamonds2: 10:52am On Jun 06, 2009
@skolars ,keep looking for grammatical errors leaving the actual reason why that comment was postes.MR STANDFORD UNIVERSITY LOL!!

@charitybd,point of correction man! im not frustrated,the fact still remains that things are not done properly there,the school is by far below standard,(for the medical school) the problem you have is that you have refused to face the reality,ITS UNHEARD OF THAT ONE IS GIVEN A CONDTION TO BE ALLOW TO GRADUATE AND PRACTICALLY GIVEN HIS DEGREE TO WORK FREELY IN THE SOCIETY ONLY AFTER PAYING 1MILLION NARIA,thats damm ridiculous and you are there supporting the chancellors decision on that,i guess becos you are not affected that, you are practically self-centered.
if i was in one of the nigerian public universities,of course i will be glad to say it out loud and clear,there might not have been any reason for me to leave the country that early, (who knows) cos im sure that MOST of the students studying medicine in madonna wish they were in a public university,atleast where the can be sure of sound and standard academic enviroment with very good teaching hospital for proper medical training exposure,not some huts the use as teaching hospital wit only mad people as medical cases.
the earlier you begin to face the reality the better for you.Goodluck
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by charitybd2: 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2009
The school was below standard in medical aspect then, not now cos NUC wouldn't have accredited it. May be u have to go through my previous post again. I never said i was in support of d 1milion naira issue. I said it HURTS asking them to pay such amount of money and i even said God who provided the finances for them up to this stage will bring it to completion. Is that statement a support of what the chancellor said or did? I wonder what reality you want me to face. I was not affected as an individual does not mean i wasn't affected, of course i have friends and 1 or 2 relatives who are affected and MUTH is not a hut, may be when u were there but not now. I work in the hospital (MUTH) for some fixed hours, days or weeks and believe me there are some medical cases i see that gives me sleepless night. Apart from working, i go on hospital visitation every sunday, i see and hear cases, don't say only mad cases are in MUTH . Get the right information!
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by onoms1990(m): 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2009
pls u guys should stop saying negative things about madonna university cause i am in the school and we re very ok with the condition here if u must knw they are trying to make our future solid so guys and girls pls stop this u people re doing is not easy to be the first private university in nigeria,
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by charitybd2: 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2009
Hi! Onoms, How are you doing? Am happy to see a fellow madonite online. Please, you can say that again. Am rightly behind you.
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by PRYNXLEX(m): 3:25am On Jun 25, 2009
wow wow wow. i had to read every line on this thread. i have this to say as i have always said in other posts on other sites.
@diamond2 i aint dissing , at a moment there i thought you were a guy. you sounded so hurt on this issue. you reflect the views of many others who may not find the link to this thread. you speak the facts i must say. to stand up to other posters and still remain unshaken, giving them proper analysis of their lines i give you cudos. i am equally hurt, i got there in 2002 and left 2007 {law}. i may not have been hurt directly, but having to see my mates going tru pains made me afflicted. you have talked at lenght yes but u skipped the vamping issue. i want to hear you views on that. that is by the way.
a coin is 2 sided. so one will always argue for or against. i really dont like the system there at all, we all know that the school is founded on the bedrock of lies. lies told by people who are meant to be propagators of truth if you know what i mean (clergy). i am gratefull that i left there in one piece with a degree, yes i must say i am greatful to God for his guidiance but i still desire to study further. let me give you guys some latest that i may remember, in the month of sep 2007 a guy committed suicide at okija, vamping is no longer secret vamps are proclaiming themselves with pride{2009}, no more use of jerseys on campus (reason suspected occultic regalia}2007, reshulffling of inmates , sorry roomates across various hostels(2009), e plenty.
if you like the school na for you pocket if you no like am na for your pocket.
but for those that are always on the madowner , sorry madonna corner search you heart to find out if you are telling the truth to yourself. peace i am out
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by themantle: 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2009
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by kpmg: 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2009
Hi
i am graduate of madonna university 2003 the first bacth .I honestly do not see why people are being worked up about how good or how bad the school is.Madonna is only a stepping astone just like other schools. It is not the the school u attend or the dgree u hold that matters but your ability to transfer the skills you have learnt into your career. I worked for 2 years in a bank in Nigeria together with people from various universities and with various degrees if it was a case of the school one attended i might not have been able to get in. I am presently doing my masters in the UK and there are Nigerians from various universities here. If it were the school i attended i wont be able to measure up but i am doing well because of my innate abilities.
Every School has it problems is it water, accomdation , lectures , yes i agree that Madonna should be better because its a private university but its sombody's dream and he is running it the way he sees fit.If you like it stay If you dont go.It doesnt really matter its wats inside of you that matters no matter the school you attend. Just stop badmouthing the school.
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by themantle: 9:37am On Jul 15, 2009
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by onoms1990(m): 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2009
y re u guys critisizing my school?
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by onoafe: 10:24pm On Aug 01, 2009
It is really nice being there despite d hard time there.Every moment of d day scare of one thing or d other.well it was fun.morning jogging was good for d health.i do enjoy it sometimes.well i remain a madonnite for life
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by lilwiz: 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2009
Wow, i 've bein followin dis blog, and i must laud diamond 4 wat she's been doin, in terms of enlightenin dose dumb and adamant people claimin 2 luv madonna and support all of its nefarious activities, its just that i don't have that time , i got beta fings 2 do dan 2 start educating some dumb ppl 'bout education, i really giv u all d kudos "diamond" 4 tryin 2 tlk sense 2 wat is left of a psychologically degraded students,
Even their so called graduates that has undergone a series of brainwashin, abashment resulting in psychoemotional imbalance, ova d yrs
I went thru d same citadel of lies, and sufferin, d dungeon of a dark lord that calls himself priest and father of all iniquities,
When i was there i had a very mighty reputation, i was even servin my class, as a course rep, and the hostel as a hall rep wen i 1st started,
i witness a lot of dehumansiation in dat institution, and loss of liberty, nobody was free, i was a med student like diamond until i left , and there are many of us scartered around d globe ryt now, am still in contact wiv every1 and i cud 4ward their various contacts 4 reference,
In the quagmire of all of this, i managed to pull thru wiv lil scars, dat sch killed my social life, not only dat it reduced my self confidence, it limited my capabilities and for those of you still there, ur in shackles and the only thing i can tell u is that there are many heights u can climb, that school is blindin ur eyes and u can't see(i don't kno if juju is involved) but the sooner u leave d beta 4 u, its neva 2 late 2 start afresh, every1 trapped there has a potential greatness in him/her,
there are few questions i wanna ask,
Can any1 tell me
Wat kind of sch wud pay its student(vamps) 5000naira to get a fellow student expelled?
Wat kind of sch will parade impostors as lecturers?
wat kind of sch does the dean of students has a right to beat people's parents?
Wat kind of school repaints its faculty of FST to EE dept,
Wat kind of school wud lay claims to establishing itself for the less priviledge whereas the students are paying exorbitant amt as sch fees?
Wat kind of sch annually hikes its sch fees?
Wat kind of sch are laws ditched out in every orientation?
Wat kind of sch wud people pay per day for not arriving on the date of resumption?
Wat kind of sch wud allocate classrooms,uncompleted Smelling & dilapidated buildings as temporary accomodation for students?
Wat kind of sch, (run by the clergy) wud repetedly brainwash & lie to its student during every orientation(presumably every mon,tues,thurs and fri)?
Wat kind of sch wud turn its students into manual laborers, to build uncomplete structures,paint,plaster, aswell cut grasses?
Wat kind of sch wud u not b allowed to write your exams because u lost ur sanitation paper (that is; a paper indicatin that u cut grass, or washed toilet or carried benches)?
Wat kind of sch do its lecturers collect money as well as sleep with students?
Wat kind of sch are students see its staff and security as gods?
Wat kind of sch wud sick pple be denied d ryt 2 leave?
Wat kind of sch wud pple be detained cuz dey want 2 leave their money makin institution?
Wat kind of sch r camera fones banned?
Wat kind of sch are jersey's and wrist bands seen as a cult emblem?
Wat kind of private sch wud avail latrines 2 students despite d fact that they pay so much?
Wat kind of sch are do majority of d students bathe outside cuz of congestion in d lil bathrooms?
Wat kind of sch do girls and boys go separate ways once its 6pm, even if they are reading?
Wat kind of sch are students supplied dirty water to bathe?
Wat kind of sch do students 've missin scripts and it bcomes a norm?
Wat kind of sch are students tld 2 pay fees (equivalent to their sch fees) as fees for carry overs?
to be continued, gtg

Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by sweetbee(f): 5:19pm On Sep 22, 2009
great modonnite, long live madonna? when will u kids in madonna stop deceiving urselves grin i remember those bad old days in madonna when d so called rev father brain washed us to lie about the credibility of the school' i found my self lying to my friends in other universities in order to belong. told them the school is affiliated to toronto univers9ity, we have white or foreign lecturers, have swimming pool in madonna etc the lies kept going but i new i was deceiving myself cos everybody knew d thruth about the school. EVERYTHING DIAMOND SAID IS THE TRUTH' LET ME ADD MORE SOME FEMAIL STUDENTS WERE ASKED TO SLEEP WITH SOMEONE( wont mentn names but u know d person) so they wont pay school fees for a year. I LEFT AFTER A MATE WAS LOCKED UP FOR FIGHTING WIT A FELLOW STUDENT AND WHEN SHE WAS RELEASED SHE BECAME INSANE. CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN Y STUDENTS DIE EVERY YEAR IN MADONNA. GREAT MADONNITES WAKE UP AND STOP DECEIVING UR SELVES. AND IF U RE STILL IN DAT SCH PLS DONT EAT THE COW THEY KILL EVERY YEAR IN THE SCH. CHEERS
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by diamonds2: 9:53am On Oct 04, 2009
@kmpg sure madonna is a stepping stone just like other school but atleast other schools hasnt got their foundation on lies ,deciet and extorting,ppl who attend public universities in nigeria know the good,the bad and the ugly about the school the want to attend so the condition their mind for it,
ofcourse we all know that its not a fuction of the school u attend nor the degree you hold in terms of employment in nigeria,at the same time the kind of school u went can affect your public relation ,and mentality about life directly of indirectly at your place of work so dont just totally rule it out,

@onoms im not just critizing your school becos i feel like i just want those of you there who has refused to face the reality and pretend that everything is working out fine there know that we were in that system b4 and we actually know wat is obtainable there and want the whole world to know that too,one of the worst things anyone can do in this world is to lie to himself and most madonna students that come to this page do that,
@charitybd im so sorry if this might be arrogant,but you sound kinda deluded,instead making a point you are looking for madonna student whom u will follow behind (support),common this is not child's play,this is reality,wake up !

@ sweetbee,lilwiz etc im glad you guys also have the truth to say,it makes me feel like im not the only one interested in letting the rest of the world the know actual truth about that school,may God bless u guys abundantly.can you guys believe that Fr edeh came here in the uk,in church and was tellin that congregration that he runs a charity university for the less privilaged that man is just a bloody lier
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by hagip: 4:02am On Jan 06, 2010
ahaaha, all of u insulting duni, u guys will end up going there, let me tell u i would prefer to go to dat uni dan public uni with strike or federal or states or polythenic, just the reason u guys complain is dat u don't have the money to school there, the school subjects are accredited and i think is not bad at least coming out in a private school that is good than all this wack federal schools dat the students beg 4 money and steall and look so poor,
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by Marven: 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2010
please! please!! please!!! I need your help if you can. Could you please list some final year project topics from marketing department for me preferably to my mail add, Is it also possible to get already written projects from the net, if so please do not hesitate to link me up. Thans in expectation.
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by hagip: 4:10am On Apr 03, 2010
wait!, people complain of Madonna, do u know how UK is themselves, see Madonna is a good school and nice which u can see the education is regarded good, they even take them n job sectors than those who school in fed or state where the lecturers re complaining of using touch to mark papers, i got a sister who read economics, which before she was graduating in 2008 she had receive letters to work in ECO bank, UBA and even a School ,many other things i know from the school, the problem is the strictness that is what u guys complain, but really, if u wanna be something n life, don't look at this things and have a bright future, that school has reputation, coz the more u guys say the school is strict the more parent send their kids to the school,
just be determine and have forcus, i will advice anyone who wanna go to a private sch n niaja to go to Madonna, Convanent, Abti coz they he been long they existed and re doing great,,can see from their students in UK and US too, even check the next and see their web site, than to mislead ur self and ur future, seriously madonna students worth it and if u see them, they look better than those who went to fed or state tp drink garri and come out,
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by nekkypine: 1:31am On Jun 28, 2010
Hmmm, Quite a controversial topic i must say. As much as i respect all your opinions, we must all accept the fact that to everything in existent there are two (2) sides. The good and the bad, Madonna University is not an exception and besides you all seem to be forgetting a very important point which is the fact that the school is still very young compared to the federal and state universities in existence; guys, Rome wasn't built in a day. Whatever the university is going through or has gone through is a phase of which i am sure other universities past through. Besides, on what basis are we all classifying a good university?

The university has its motive towards education and as such operates in line with its goals. You won't ordinarily expect it to be as free and lenient as the fed and state universities. I would agree that certain wrong deeds were perpetrated by the authorities in the school but lets face facts; some of the students were not left out in posing problems in the institution. The school had its principles and for one to stay there you have to abide. We all have been through principled conditions, whilst some of us like it some don't and the best option for those in the latter was to find other environments to get their own satisfaction.

Someone made mention of Madonna graduates not being able to associate appropriately in the outside world, common guys not everyone from the other universities you classify as better can associate appropriately so why nail Madonna graduates. I am also bewildered by the fact that some of you even went as far as calling those who said they enjoyed the school "deceitful". Its a choice everyone has to make, an individual choice. I know some people are speaking with bitter minds and all but i'd seriously advise it shouldn't be pushed too far,

As for the Law and Medical schools. Madonna Law school received accreditation in late 2005, early 2006, Not too sure any more and if all your ears are open you would find out its graduates have flooded the Nigerian Law Schools till very presently. Someone also complained of Medicine taking close to 10-11 years for the first set to graduate. First off Medicine is not such any easy course to accredit, secondly most of the fed universities that enjoy Medical accreditation presently faced similar situations. I have a cousin who spent 11 years studying Medicine in a state university. He first started off @ Ekpoma (now Ambrose Ali) and when the school couldn't fight any further they were all transferred to UniBen. At the moment we have Medical graduates, it has been slow true but there has been progress.

As a graduate of Madonna, i am not moved by all the negative criticisms you all have posted but doesn't it strike you that despite all the posts and negative comments about the university people still flood in their thousands to get admissions yearly. If we were to actually table a discussion on liking our institutions we would all find out that at some point there were one or two things we would have changed even in schools Abroad. there is never a perfect system anywhere, trust me.

We might have had very tough times back at school, but at the end of the day the whole experience depended on what we as individual students made of it. Like someone earlier stated, the major focus of Madonna was to make students concern themselves with their immediate need "Education" - which is primary. Whatever we couldn't gain in there i am pretty sure we all have made up for in the outside world. The same way they were certain things you all couldn't get from your Fed and State Uni's.

Madonna was a beautiful experience and a major formative part of me and nothing can change that, wink

1 Like

Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by sweetbee(f): 10:47pm On Nov 27, 2010
u guys shuld keep deceiving urselves, its only a man born of a woman would call a spade a spade, brainwashed kids sad

1 Like

Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by steeze(m): 12:59am On Nov 28, 2010
Wat r some of u going on abt education in madonna? My guy who graduated dis year from elect/elect dis year CANNOT fix a fan or generator talkless of a transformer. He has ABSOLUTELY no practical skills. And he is an engineer from madonna uni. We both got in in 2005. I couldnt bear it so i left. I was studyin medicine, then transferred to MLS, then just up and left one day. Dat school actually has a psychological effect on their students. U can see d fear and wariness in every students eye(except 4 hall reps). And 4 u ppl who talk abt education, lemme give u a little education. Education is nt just abt reading ur books, it's a combination of two things that produce a well rounded student - academic life and social life. In Mad Uni, the social life is dead, non-existent and caput. A lot of times i felt rily depressed there. There was no avenue to relax. And pls dnt tell me dat a social life is not important unless ur dumb. U can't read 4eva, u know. And wat abt Fr. Edeh himself? The man of many lies. Every tuesday afta joggin ur forced to sit thru his cooked-up stories and monologues. His chicago and miami exploits. Like, who cares? I remember a story he told of how he single handedly foiled a bank robbery in chicago. After he captured d robbers he called d chief boss of FBI(who he claimed was his friend) and told him to come down to arrest d criminals which he did. A father who tells us how powerful he is. How he can heal d sick and bring d dead back to life. He makes no reference to Jesus when he say these tins. All credit goes to himself. And i remember that on 5 different occasions he called an orientation informing us that Medicine had bin accredited and urging us to inform our parents. Each of those 5 times were lies. Lies 4rm a priest's mouth. A man who flogged parents without regard esp during matric and convocation ceremonies. Abeg the list is endless. All i can say is i've neva seen a priest who worships material and vain tins like this one. Jesus wouldn't approve. And i dont care what u guys say. . .

1 Like

Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by lauraamaka: 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2011
all ye critics of Madonna university, this is only one of the private universities in Nigeria still trying to grow. you can't compare it to a federal or state university financed by the government and have been in existence for decades before the accreditation of private universities in Nigeria.Rome was not built in a day?. as for the expression, those who say Madonna university students cannot express themselves in the society have personality or maybe inferiority complex. it all depends on your temperament, After all, not all federal university students can express themselves. what u should have said is that you cannot afford the fees or that u lack a very good home training that is why you see Madonna rules as been strict. Anybody with a good upbringing will have little or no problem going through the school except for those who think the university is the place where u go to leave your life foolishly without laws guiding you, anybody or state or even institution without law is condemned. Even GOD gave us laws as humans. do we now say that God is strict or stupid? . Please sit down and think about your life instead of condemning the work of another man, How many universities or secondary schools does your father own? lets Appreciate others men!
Re: Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling by OmoEziokwu: 3:48am On Nov 15, 2011
Is this what you call great? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet AAA Atayero Family, Wife, Sons, Children (Photos) / How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year / Ibrahim, Hauwa & Eman Indimi Graduate With MBAs From Lynn University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.