Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund (11382 Views)

Abia Government Extends Curfew In Aba / Abia Government Constructs Highway In Arochukwu Forest(pictures) / NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Ponponkon: 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2015
Abia Govt Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund

By: Sunday Nwakanma, Umuahia   7:47 Pm, October 11, 2015 News

ABIA State Government Friday commenced disbursing the N14.152 bailout fund to clear the arrears of salary owed workers in the State.

The total debt so far captured by the Committee constituted by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu to handle the disbursement of the fund as at its last week’s sitting was about N7.1 billion according to the state chairman, Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC Comrade Uchenna Obigwe.

Ministries and Parastatals so far captured by the Committee include Health Management Board, whose workers are owed seven months arrears and Abia State University Teaching Hospital, Aba, being owed about nine months arrears.

Others were Primary School Teachers owed three months, Local Government workers owed two months, Local Government Pensions said to be owed two months and MDAs whose arrears range between one to two months.

According to Obigwe, who is a member of the committee, the money for the payment of Local Government workers has been paid to the Joints Accounts Committee with instructions for the opening of a Local Government Bailout Account where the money would transferred and disbursed the workers to ensure transparency.

The NLC chairman said that workers in the sectors so far captured would begin to receive bank payment alerts from this week, and urged the workers to be patient assuring that everything was being done to ensure that the disbursement is smooth.

“So far, Local Government staff who are being owed 2 months arrears, money has been made available to the Joint Accounts Committee, JAC, with a directive to the Councils to open separate Local Government Bailout accounts where the money would be transferred to and disbursed to individual workers. The payment was for July and August.

“Primary School teachers were paid for three months, June, July and August. September has already been taken care of by normal allocation. Local Government pensioners were paid July and August.

“Health Management Board workers were paid seven months, ABSUTH workers were paid nine months while the case of parastatals on subvention such as Abia State University and Abia State Polytechnic would be discussed on Tuesday [tomorrow]”, Obigwe explained.

However, the NLC Chairman also explained that the payments were exclusion of leave allowances, promotion arrears, arrears of minimum wage, CONHESS for health workers and arrears overtime.

He further explained that the case of arrears of State Pensioners would be handled in subsequent sitting of the Bailout Committee.

“Labour is happy with Governor Okezie Ikpeazu for keeping to his words not to tamper with the bailout funds because it would have given room for friction between Labour and Government.

“Labour appreciates the transparent nature of the disbursement and will like other issues that involve workers to be handled the same manner. As the disbursement continues, we assure Abia workers the Government will not shortchange them and the leadership of Labour will not betray them.

“Labour in Abia will continue to negotiate with Government on possibility of setting aside some money monthly to address the issue of gratuity, and after the bailout appropriation on arrears of workers salary, if any money remains, the committee will look inwards to see what it can carry for gratuity”, the NLC chairman said.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/abia-govt-commences-distribution-bailout-fund/

3 Likes

Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by chocolateme(f): 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2015
Good news .. These are the kind of news we are supposed to be getting in Nigeria not every time Tinubu, Saraki, Amaechi, Diezani, Oby and co.

FTC
Chocolate cream

9 Likes

Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by benedictnsi(m): 1:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
That's a nice one........

@chocolateme I miss you jor..... Abi you been loss too
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Ponponkon: 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
At this juncture,may I humbly invite you bro lalasticlala the only Lalasticlala we know to do justice to this goodnews. God bless you as you discharge your duties without bias just as Governor Ikpeazu is doing in Abia State.

6 Likes

Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by chocolateme(f): 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
benedictnsi:
That's a nice one........

@chocolateme I miss you jor..... Abi you been loss too
i missed u too. I'm back
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by benedictnsi(m): 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
chocolateme:
i missed u too. I'm back

Thank God you are back oooo...... You need to see the things that happened @your back
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Ponponkon: 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
chocolateme:
Good
The sweetest thing about governor Ikpeazu is that he doesn't hide anything from Abians,he gives us blow by blow account on how his government is being runned. When a good man is in power his people rejoices. May we continue to have Ikpeazu's kinds in Abia forever.Ihe adila nma

8 Likes

Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
grin
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Ojestas(m): 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
Aregbe ??
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Zanaij: 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
Waiting for Gomina Ipinle Omoluabi to Make Move Also...

Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by damton(m): 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
I don't know if i should describe this as good news or bad news.I wonder how long this bail out idea would last since our states have been unable to harness internal resources for their own survival.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by maxiuc(m): 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
Dear dear hunger dey wire me this news no concern me
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by sigiyaya(m): 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
Fellow Nairalands i beg make follow me ask Owelle of his family and the chief tormentor of Imo state, talk talk no do Governor (His family's Governor)ROCHAS OKOROCHA where Imo state 26.8 billion bailout fund dey.

The fund is the second biggest after Osun state and the biggest is southeastern region

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Ponponkon: 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
benedictnsi:

Thank God you are back oooo...... You need to see the things that happened @your back
Bia ina achu nwanyi ebea? Agam akporo gi ndi uwe oji o,igwakwala nna ya na ihe nwa ya nwanyi na amasi gi?
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by laurel03(m): 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
Not owing much like Osun
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by richidinho(m): 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
grin

Osun nko?
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
No not with Orji in the senate undecided
Error shocked
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by anonimi: 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
Distribution
Was it not meant to clear salaries OWED to workers?
Who are they distributing the money to?
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Sweetyie(f): 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
I don't understand oh
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by slap1(m): 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ochendo finished that state.
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Liamm(m): 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
Otti will dethrone him soonest

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by deebrain(m): 1:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
Op.

Aside from a funny username, you also have issues with panic and hurry.

The bailout fund is less than 15k.

Format the necessary.

Thanks.
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by slap1(m): 1:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ponponkon:
Bia ina achu nwanyi ebea? Agam akporo gi ndi uwe oji o,igwakwala nna ya na ihe nwa ya nwanyi na amasi gi?

Nwanne kupuru ya na.
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by broxymall(m): 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
ok

Get your Timberland Boot,Sneakers, Emporio armani, Casio Edifice, Mechanical chronograph Tourbillion watch et al , visit link at signature
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by jemir000: 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
when will aregberascal begin his own? May be in the fullness of time (four years time)..He has "fix deposited" ur money..

Osun people, sorry..no Christmas chicken for you..But don't be worried...Bubu's body odour is coming to the rescue..

3 Likes

Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Ponponkon: 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
slap1:

Nwanne kupuru ya na.
Nwanne mua ebupurula ya o,nchupu nkita na nshi owunum ga ira? Ihe ka mkpa bu ka ojikwa okpu nna bu enyi maka nna nwatakiri nwanyi a igbu ya ilu o
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by benedictnsi(m): 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ponponkon:

Lol

Otuocha...... O gini bu ihe gbasaragi na okwua mu na nwanyi Oma nkea na ekwu E ji m aka na obughi anya ufu ka I na egosi
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Uchwilliam(m): 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
fear of labour union is begining of salary payment
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Ponponkon: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
deebrain:
Op.

Aside from a funny username, you also have issues with panic and hurry.

The bailout fund is less than 15k.

Format the necessary.

Thanks.
My username funny? Enyim ghara he edere la ahu aja baa la ulo nu!

Panic and hurry? I'm lost.

The bailout fund is less than 15k?

Were you expecting it to be more than 900k?

Thanks kwa.
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Onyijeff(m): 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
This is the Governor abia state always wanted to have, not ...
Re: Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund by Ponponkon: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
benedictnsi:

Lol

Otuocha...... O gini bu ihe gbasaragi na okwua mu na nwanyi Oma nkea na ekwu E ji m aka na obughi anya ufu ka I na egosi
Mba o,gaa n'ihu na ikajara akaja nwanne,kama odikwa mkpa ime ka ndi ulo ha mara onye ibu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed. The London Hospital Where President Buhari Is Being Treated / NUPENG Gives FG Two-week Ultimatum Over Bad Roads / Tinubu-SDP Alliance Is Real And Unstoppable — SDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.