Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS (61804 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures / Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by itsIYKE(m): 9:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:

full blooded onitsha grin it's not sentiment it's facts
its not fact....among igbo kingship dynasties Eze nri precedes all else obi of onitsha may be influencial but he is not the custodian of igbo culture....onitsha people will even tell you they are not igbo....correct me if am wrong
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
Chiwude:
Ochi atugbuom. But really I'm amused. The Igwe of Orlu has from the time of the Colonial masters till independence sat in the same chambers as the Obi of Onitsha, Obong of Calabar, et al. He was among top 5 First class Eastern King listed in Gowons Who is Who gazette. The former Igwe of Orlu a one time Senator representing Orlu zone in the first republic died at the age of 104 years making him the oldest recorded King in the history of Nigeria to attain that age. Who is Eze Ilomuanya in the presence of Igwe Orlu. That people don't make noise doesn't make them invaluable.

Forgive my ignorance. I have heard about Eze Aro and co but never Igwe of Orlu. Also,the fact that you people has partitioned your communities in little tiny bit takes the importance of royalty away. In Imo and Abia everybody is Eze....it's embarrassing.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by ozodigboo(m): 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
AnamCity:

I don't like arguing unnecessarily but I will educate you over this. Obi of Onitsha is the only king in Igboland you can mention on the same page with Emir of Kano, Ooni of Ife and Oba of Benin. In otther words the Obi of Onitsha, Emir of Kano, Ooni of Ife and Oba of Benin are the frontline kings in Nigeria and even in West Africa because some of them dates back to 1500AD. Coming to Igboland, Obi of Onitsha is the most influential and most recognized among all other low lying kings.
MY FRIEND, STOP DISPLAYING CRASS ST**PIDITY HERE.
nobody is saying that he's not the most well-known igbo chief in the minds of nigerians.
any non - igbo will mention his name first before others..
don't compare him with emir of kano or ooni etc.
Those regions have always had kings, rulers etc......that's why the europeans loved them.....they were easier for them to govern.
Igbos never had kings....That's why Onitsha has never claimed to be igbo....they claim allegiance to the Oba of Benin.
Get your facts right pls.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Princematarazzi(m): 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
Anyi bu ofu #NdiIgboIbemuEkenemuUnu

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by GenbIoodykiller: 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
itsIYKE:
its not fact....among igbo kingship dynasties Eze nri precedes all else obi of onitsha may be influencial but he is not the custodian of igbo culture....onitsha people will even tell you they are not igbo....correct me if am wrong

bros am not saying that you're wrong Agbogidi is not the custodian of Igbo culture grin we are onitsha we're not igbo but we love igbos as brothers cool
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by GenbIoodykiller: 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
Princematarazzi:
Anyi bu ofu #NdiIgboIbemuEkenemuUnu

cool

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by lordmayor4(m): 9:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
AnamCity:

I don't like arguing unnecessarily but I will educate you over this. Obi of Onitsha is the only king in Igboland you can mention on the same page with Emir of Kano, Ooni of Ife and Oba of Benin. In otther words the Obi of Onitsha, Emir of Kano, Ooni of Ife and Oba of Benin are the frontline kings in Nigeria and even in West Africa because some of them dates back to 1500AD. Coming to Igboland, Obi of Onitsha is the most influential and most recognized among all other low lying kings.

My dear go and re educate yourself. That he's influential doesn't make him the custodian of igbo culture.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Stolen: 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
itsIYKE:

I am inclined to agree with the above.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by chino11(m): 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
Stop your madness for once.

1. Obi of Onitsha is the most influential and most powerful KING in Igboland.

2. Obi of Onitsha is the only SE king that is equivalent to Emir of Kano, Ooni of Ife and maybe Oba Benin.

Accept these FACTS or you go and kill yourself for all we care. cool

[s]
ozodigboo:

nobody is saying that he's not the most well-known igbo chief in the minds of nigerians.
Those regions have always had kings, rulers etc......that's why the europeans loved them.....they were easier for them to govern.
Igbos never had kings....That's why Onitsha has never claimed to be igbo....they claim allegiance to the Oba of Benin.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Princematarazzi(m): 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by itsIYKE(m): 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:

bros am not saying that you're wrong Agbogidi is not the custodian of Igbo culture grin we are onitsha we're not igbo but we love igbos as brothers cool
what are you people hausas?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
ozodigboo:

And you are even displying bigger ssttupidity...Igbos has always had kings.The mere fact we didn't practice monarchy doesn't mean we didn't have long,Iotherwise what do you call Ezeani.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
Dhugal:

*sigh*
I won't even go Igbo-wide,Anambra state alone will suffice.
The Onitsha monarchy,though presiding over a well known city,does not and cannot hold a candle to the Eze Nri and the Igwe Nnewi.
Being popular does not a custodian of culture nor foremost King make.Onitsha monarchy is but a baby placed beside the antiquity of Nri or Nnewi.
If any traditional ruler in Anambra should lay claim to being custodian of Igbo culture,it's the Eze Nri followed by Igwe Nnewi.
Go check how the Traditional Rulers Council in Anambra is ordered,backed by law,before you make more childish show of yourself.
Btw,the Emirship of Kano may be popular,but his overlord still remain the Sultan of Sokoto.
You would educate me over something you know nothing about,smh.
Let's not detract from celebrating a worthy monarch,an awesome heritage.Just cool it with the overly enthusiastic verbiage.
Growing up I've always known Eze Nri to be the custodian of the Igbo ofor. Any Eze that has not gone to Nri to get ofor is not a true king. Nri is the only place of refuge to the downtrodden, that is why there is no Osu in Umunri. By Nri Kingdom I mean as far wide as from agwu-ukwu to Enugu-Agidi, nimo etc

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by GenbIoodykiller: 9:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
itsIYKE:
what are you people hausas?

we are onitsha and from a good peaceful region called Southeast (SE)
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by ozodigboo(m): 9:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
coolitempa:

Seriously......as a diehard Yoruba.....I don't even know of these other kings in ibo land....only the onicha king is known as a great king outside of the SE.....I am sure most Nigerians agree with me..... sad....
If you are a die - hard yoruba, then must you comment ?
You don't need to comment on something [ or anything ] you know next to nothing about.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
CSTR2:
Shameful thread.
Moronnic supremacists- the greatest danger to igboland.
Nwanne this is the problem I have with some Ignorant and misguided supremacist amongst us. The authority of the Obi of Onitsha ends in his area let alone nearby Obosi and Ogbaru. It is even an insult to say he is the custodian of Igbo culture. The same applies to every King in Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by itsIYKE(m): 9:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:

we are onitsha and from a good peaceful region called Southeast (SE)
lol.....igbo people divided against themselves......you are onitsha but speak pure igbo and answer igbo names......what differentiates you from an igbo man
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by izzyu(m): 9:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
brize:
Nnam hapuzie onye ahu, tupu anyi emechie onwe anyi ihu n' ebea

grin grin grin grin
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Stolen: 9:44pm On Oct 12, 2015
coolitempa:

Seriously......as a diehard Yoruba.....I don't even know of these other kings in ibo land....only the onicha king is known as a great king outside of the SE.....I am sure most Nigerians agree with me..... sad....

Nri Priest is the custodian of Igbo culture but Today Obi of Onitsha, at least the present one has represented Nri Priest very well.

I for one am proud of the Obi of Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by GenbIoodykiller: 9:44pm On Oct 12, 2015
itsIYKE:
lol.....igbo people divided against themselves......you are onitsha but speak pure igbo and answer igbo names......what differentiates you from an igbo man

some part of Rivers speaks igbo answers igbo name but they are not igbo but moreover we are one and United that's the most important thing

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by itsene: 9:44pm On Oct 12, 2015
Many from the Nnewi axis will never accept Onitsha eminence because that will mean conceding Benin as the source.
That fact causes psychological problems for many igbos.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
chino11:
Stop your madness for once.

1. Obi of Onitsha is the most influential and most powerful KING in Igboland.

2. Obi of Onitsha is the only SE king that is equivalent to Emir of Kano, Ooni of Ife and maybe Oba Benin.

Accept these FACTS or you go and kill yourself for all we care. cool

[s][/s]
You've proven from this fact that you're not related to anyone from Uga let alone Aguata. What happened to Eze Nri? My accusations have been confirmed.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by itsIYKE(m): 9:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:

some part of Rivers speaks igbo answers igbo name but they are not igbo but moreover we are one and United that's the most important thing
igbo people funny.......when the hausa people comes tell them you are just an onitsha man living in the southeast maybe they will spare you
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
brize:
Nnam hapuzie onye ahu, tupu anyi emechie onwe anyi ihu n' ebea
...on kwa eziokwu ka ikwuru ihe a grin
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by GenbIoodykiller: 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
Chiwude:
Nwanne this is the problem I have with some Ignorant and misguided supremacist amongst us. The authority of the Obi of Onitsha ends in his area let alone nearby Obosi and Ogbaru. It is even an insult to say he is the custodian of Igbo culture. The same applies to every King in Igboland.

Just today i interceded for some students at unizik with just Obi of Onitsha's letter with his signature and seal, meehn if you see the kind of respect and urgency the vice chancellor used to treat the matter suspending every other things he's doing and if you see how they treated like the right hand of the king (which am not) meehn i felt like a boss today grin bros that's a tip of iceberg of the influence wield by Agbogidi.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by GenbIoodykiller: 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
itsIYKE:
igbo people funny.......when the hausa people comes tell them you are just an onitsha man living in the southeast maybe they will spare you

ok let's talk about that next time bro cheesy
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by mike404(m): 9:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
chino11:
This nuisance stop disturbing us here with your silly argument. He has made his point and I and so many others believed him. Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe is the foremost king in Igbo-land. He is the most revered as he has received visitor who came to pay homage from and outside the country. He is equally very powerful as his words can ignite the people as the foremost king in Igbo-land. If you can't accept that reality then go and kill yourself. Simple! cool

[s][/s]
LOL YOU ARE FUNNY BRO grin IGWE NNAMEMEKA ACHEBE IS NOT EVEN MORE POPULAR THAN LATE IGWE OSITA AGWUNA (EZE ENUGWU - UKWU NA IGWE UMUNRI)
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Adek15(m): 9:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:

so onitcha is not igbos, ijebu r not yorubas. Expecting to c more and i,'m sure nairaland won't disappoint

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Stolen: 9:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
itsene:
Many from the Nnewi axis will never accept Onitsha eminence because that will mean conceding Benin as the source.
That fact causes psychological problems for many igbos.

The Oba of Benin and all the Yoruba Obas are decendant of the Obi of Onitsha who decended from Nri Priest aka Eze Nri.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Abagworo(m): 9:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
When you compare Abiriba culture, language and Kingship with Onitsha you will understand why in the best interest of Igboland we respect one another and never try to assert ours as the Igbo culture when the next town is almost completely different.

Abiriba is ruled by Enachioken and they don't know what is ofala but have their own "igwa mang" celebrated by hundreds of thousands of people in different age grades yearly. You can see the clear difference in traditional attire between these two Igbo communities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zbhG2jLJ2U

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by cocaineaddict(m): 9:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
AnamCity:

you are a very f00lish bastard for saying this. God punish you. Thunder fire you. Who made achebe the foremost ruler in igboland. You need to go back to nursery school imbecille like you. Idi0tic bastard.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by chino11(m): 10:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
We are not interested in your village chiefs and elders. Stop bringing up these rural heads here.

We are talking about the most influential and powerful king in Igboland that people pay homage from far and near for royal blessing.

[s]
Abagworo:
When you compare Abiriba culture, language and Kingship with Onitsha you will understand why in the best interest of Igboland we respect one another and never try to assert ours as the Igbo culture when the next town is almost completely different.

Abiriba is ruled by Enachioken and they don't know what is ofala but have their own "igwa mang" celebrated by hundreds of thousands of people in different age grades yearly. You can see the clear difference in traditional attire between these two Igbo communities.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... / Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation / Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.