Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies (36901 Views)

Lagos Man Searches For A Light-Skinned Lady He Met In A Bus Yesterday / Dark Skinned VS Light Skinned Black Men (photos)...ladies Who Look Better Off? / Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
This write-up is based on my observations so far. And it is centralised on the false beliefs people (not all) have towards light-skinned females.
Below are some of the misconceptions:

1. Bleaching: This tops the list because light-skinned ladies are mostly tagged with the word ''Bleaching'' I know some of our ladies aren't naturally fair, and there are ways one could identify them. The knuckles and knee are good examples. In as much as we have high rate of bleachers, there are still the ones with the natural fair complexion. Every complexion is beautiful be it light, dark or chocolate. Maintainance is all that matters.

2. Mermaid: This sounds funny, but true. Some people have the belief that light-skinned females are from the marine world. Maybe this belief is derived from our Nollywood movies, whereby a light-skinned lady is allowed to play the character of a mermaid, while the dark-skinned one is given the role of a witch. If you're light-skinned and no one ever accused you of being a mermaid, then you've never been to Nigeria.

3. Flirts: A grown up lady is bound to come across admirers/suitors, but in this case, some people believe light-skinned ladies are flirts because of their flashy look and tend to have more admirers. Also, they believe these ladies would surely accept the proposal of atleast 5 out of 10% of their admires, thereby making them a flirt.

4. Materialistic Nature: Some men believe light-skinned ladies are materialistic in nature. A friend once told me he can't date a light-skinned lady because he is not capable of taking care of her needs. Some get scared of approaching one for the fear of their pocket being drained. The fact is, any lady could be materialistic irrespective of her skin complexion.

Lastly, many people believe being light-skinned gives one an edge in a place of work or gathering. There is a little atom of truth in this, but not in all situations. What edge does a light-skinned female has when she is rude, arrogant and disrespectful? Edge has got to do with one personality, not complexion.

NB: Light-skinned women deserves some respect. Not everyone would be born with a dark skin. In as much as black is beautiful, light-skinned is also beautiful.
And ladies, be comfortable with your skin complexion and save yourselves the disgrace of black patches.

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by dharay99: 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
lipsrsealed
plz sum1 shuld read n qimme d summary aspec†.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by falconey(m): 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
hmmm light skin my ass!!! light With the face dark downstairs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by agarawu23(m): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
Light skin ladies are too expensive to maintain.
They aren't advisable especially for guys who studied economics

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by vizkiz: 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
[b]well, most of what you typed up there are true but it is not our fault too cuz

1.most of the lightskinned women out here are not NATURALLY lightskinned. We can call them mutant(lol. Just like the Xmen grin) cuz most of them transformed from being dark to fair and voila! They are lightskinned.

2.MOST of them are also flirts (we see them everytime at the clubs hanging with sugar daddies) so this fact makes it so obvious that 90% of lightskinned ladies are flirts. Those of us who club regularly will understand what I mean

3.50% of them are materialistic. Like wouldn't they keep up with their beAuty(buying cloths and expensive make up kits/accesories)? Of cuz they will wanna maintain their skin color because of our harsh weather here in Nigeria

4. For those of us who have been to CAC,Cele,MFM churches, we know MOST of those possessed with "mami water"(mermid) spirits are always lightskinned and beautiful

But op, even if you are a bleaching, materialistic and a "flirtful" marmid. That doesn't stop me from paying your bride price nextweek smiley
[/b]

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2015
Pipe it up
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by danbrowndmf(m): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
Which kind moniker be 20132014 again na.sad

27 Likes

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Kenzico(m): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
Interesting! Light skinned gals will love dis thread

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by danbrowndmf(m): 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mhizkel:
This write-up is based on my observations so far. And it is centralised on the false beliefs people (not all) have towards light-skinned females.

1. Bleaching: This tops the list because light-skinned ladies are mostly tagged with the word ''Bleaching'' I know some of our ladies aren't naturally fair, and there are ways one could identify them. The knuckles and knee are good examples. In as much as we have high rate of bleachers, there are still the ones with the natural fair complexion. Every complexion is beautiful be it light, dark or chocolate. Maintainance is all that matters.

2. Mermaid: This sounds funny, but true. Some people have the belief that light-skinned females are from the marine world. Maybe this belief is derived from our Nollywood movies, whereby a light-skinned lady is allowed to play the character of a mermaid, while the dark-skinned one is given the role of a witch. If you're light-skinned and no one ever accused you of being a mermaid, then you've never been to Nigeria.

3. Flirts: A grown up lady is bound to come across admirers/suitors, but in this case, some people believe light-skinned ladies are flirts because of their flashy look and tend to have more admirers. Also, they believe these ladies would surely accept the proposal of atleast 5 out of 10% of their admires, thereby making them a flirt.

4. Materialistic Nature: Some men believe light-skinned ladies are materialistic in nature. A friend once told me he can't date a light-skinned lady because he is not capable of taking care of her needs. Some get scared of approaching one for the fear of their pocket being drained. The fact is, any lady could be materialistic irrespective of her skin complexion.

Lastly, many people believe being light-skinned gives one an edge in a place of work or gathering. There is a little atom of truth in this, but not in all situations. What edge does a light-skinned female has when she is rude, arrogant and disrespectful? Edge has got to do with one personality, not complexion.

NB: Light-skinned women deserves some respect. Not everyone would be born with a dark skin. In as much as black is beautiful, light-skinned is also beautiful.
And ladies, be comfortable with your skin complexion and save yourselves the disgrace of black patches.

Ehyaaa, the cry of a light skinned girl.sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by yorubaboiy: 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
wasere omo......ur observasons are ryt o jare
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by yorubaboiy: 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
agarawu23:
egbon miiiii ooo
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by IsiAbuncha(m): 6:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mhizkel:

Your last point isn't just your belief, its the truth!
With regards to certain jobs, light skinned girls have an edge (Modelling, Beauty Pageants etc)
Even in a co-orporate working environment, light skinned girls are attractive and tend to get jobs more than dark skinned cos their employers think they possess what it takes and have the tendencies to do marketing better.

I can go on and on... Would stop here though
And... Before I forget, You Are My Friend!!! wink

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by agarawu23(m): 6:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
yorubaboiy:
egbon miiiii ooo
shocked shocked shocked
Where have you been ?
Pm me your number
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Stangeneral(m): 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
The truth is dat they re more presentable .if u look u will see dat majority of d rich or politicians got married to a light skinned woman .am nt saying dat black isnt okay oo
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Ehyaaa, the cry of a light skinned girl.sad

grin
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
WHERE IS MRCORK

3 Likes

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
IsiAbuncha:

Your last point isn't just your belief, its the truth!
With regards to certain jobs, light skinned girls have an edge (Modelling, Beauty Pageants etc)
Even in a co-orporate working environment, light skinned girls are attractive and tend to get jobs more than dark skinned cos their employers think they possess what it takes and have the tendencies to do marketing better.

I can go on and on... Would stop here though
And... Before I forget, You Are My Friend!!! wink
I'm sure you haven't come across an ugly light-skinned lady.

Yeah, we coolcheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by danbrowndmf(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mhizkel:
grin
your teeth to ugly abeg close am.cheesy

what of my twin in ur tommy sef.cheesy waten be that name we plan to give them again sef?.cheesy abeg know go born albino ogrin
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
Stangeneral:
The truth is dat they re more presentable .if u look u will see dat majority of d rich or politicians got married to a light skinned woman .am nt saying dat black isnt okay oo
More presentable in what way?
Please clarify.

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2015
yorubaboiy:
wasere omo......ur observasons are ryt o jare
cheesy Add something nah.
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
vizkiz:
[b]well, most of what you typed up there are true but it is not our fault too cuz

1.most of the lightskinned women out here are not NATURALLY lightskinned. We can call them mutant(lol. Just like the Xmen grin) cuz most of them transformed from being dark to fair and voila! They are lightskinned.

2.MOST of them are also flirts (we see them everytime at the clubs hanging with sugar daddies) so this fact makes it so obvious that 90% of lightskinned ladies are flirts. Those of us who club regularly will understand what I mean

3.50% of them are materialistic. Like wouldn't they keep up with their beAuty(buying cloths and expensive make up kits/accesories)? Of cuz they will wanna maintain their skin color because of our hrash weather here in Nigeria

4. For those of us who have been to CAC,Cele,MFM churches, we know MOST of those possessed with "mami water"(mermid) spirits are always lightskinned and beautiful

But op, even if you are a bleaching, materialistic and a "flirtful" marmid. That doesn't stop me from paying your bride price nextweek smiley
[/b]
I agree they would wanna maintain their skin complexion, but not all depends on guys for maintainance, others are independent ones.

I'm waiting for the pricecheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
You forgot this one - If you smack a lightskinned girl's asš, it turns red cheesy

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
danbrowndmf:
your teeth to ugly abeg close am.cheesy

what of my twin in ur tommy sef.cheesy waten be that name we plan to give them again sef?.cheesy abeg know go born albino ogrin
Moon and Star?grin

Expectant father of Albinoscheesy
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 6:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
darkenedrebel:
You forgot this one - If you smack a lightskinned girl's asš, it turns red cheesy

grin How many have you smacked?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mhizkel:

grin How many have you smacked?

about 5 or so. Yours included cheesy

I feel darkskinned dames more. .

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by CivilzedTyger(m): 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
As 4 me sha I prefer dark, slim girls with pretty face and sharp tongue, lolz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Akposy(m): 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
I dont like lightskinned ladies. #WeareBlack #WeareMadeofBlack.
Lightskin rocks though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
agarawu23:
All skin complexion deserves maintainace.

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
darkenedrebel:

about 5 or so. Yours included cheesy
I'm into darkskinned dames more.
shocked Mine
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by IsiAbuncha(m): 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mhizkel:

I'm sure you haven't come across an ugly light-skinned lady.

Yeah, we coolcheesy wink

Natural light skin is always attractive, ugly or not
Just the same way some girls say a tall guy is attractive, ugly or not smiley
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Adasun(m): 7:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
fantazia:
WHERE IS MRCORK
exatly,where that guy?am sure he would smile at the op write upgrin
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Thought Hubby Forgot It Was Valentine's Day Then Delivery Arrived / Can A Prostitute Make A Good Wife? / Policeman Attacks Rivers Lady With Burning Stove For Rejecting His Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.