Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Only Money Can Save Me [A short Fictional Story] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Only Money Can Save Me [A short Fictional Story] (1041 Views)

UNDERCOVER MAID - A Short Fictional Story By Umar Yusuf. / My Short Trip To France ( Short Fictional Story) / Here Is How To Get Any Fictional Novel By Any Author At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Money Can Save Me [A short Fictional Story] by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
Chapter 1

If you've been living around Boluyo area in Danbai CITY and does not know who Kingsley was, one would definitely knew you're still a 'newbie'.
Newbie in this case simply implies its not quite long you move in to the area.

This fact was formed by people living in the area because of Kingsley's popularity which he earned due to the display of his Charisma towards everyone. Although he had a good personality which endears people but there was this single characteristic that made him most of the times repellent to people and that is "Money".
Of course, one cannot do almost anything without money but when it is too extreme, it becomes something else.
When asked why he likes money so much, Kingsley would reply with his FAVOURITE MOTTO "ONLY MONEY CAN SAVE"

"Your Neighbour too likes Money more than anything ooh " A woman living in the same house with Kingsley said to another neighbour whilst on their way back home from market .

"Mrs Tosin, so you don't like Money abi?" The latter replied her back

" Why won't I Mrs Samson? if i don't, what will i use to buy the clothes we used for The Obaf's Newborn Naming Ceremony."

"Since you do too, why criticizing another person" Mrs Samson replied back not really interested in the conversation

"You see..." Mrs Tosin paused and switched the Shopping basket from her right hand to the left before SHE continue
"This not a matter of criticizing after all It ain't a bad thing to Love Money but too much of it is definitely not good"

"You're right and not only you noticed that. In fact my husband had discussed with him but his reply to MY HUBBY was; 'My husband's advice won't help him but only his love of money can. The latter replied now showing interest in the topic

"Really.. The same with my darling but he refused to change his obsession"

"I hope he changed before it becomes too Lat.... Mrs Samson was unable to finish the sentence when she noticed something was vibrating from her body .

"Whats the matter? Mrs Tosin said

"Oh Nothing. Its my phone, i guess i had a call" She replied and picked it up

"Hello darling.
Fine ooh, and how's work
On my way back home
Really?
Alright.
Take care and safe journey ."

She ends the call and returns it back to the previous place she took it from.

'Ehm, Mrs Tosin lets hasten up so we could reach home faster"

"Are we crawling before ni?"

"Na you know. Lets sha walk faster" Mrs Samson said
..... To be continued
Re: Only Money Can Save Me [A short Fictional Story] by obajiluke: 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2015
nice one but you have to control your tenses before your tenses throw us into confusion....

#MyOpinion

I know it's not easy but I know you can do better....[i]nice one but you have to control your tenses before your tenses throw us into confusion....

#MyOpinion

I know it's not easy but I know you can do better....[/i]nice one but you have to control your tenses before your tenses throw us into confusion....

#MyOpinion

I know it's not easy but I know you can do better....

1 Like

Re: Only Money Can Save Me [A short Fictional Story] by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
obajiluke:
nice one but you have to control your tenses before your tenses throw us into confusion....

#MyOpinion

I know it's not easy but I know you can do better....

Thanks but i don't understand. My tenses as how?
Re: Only Money Can Save Me [A short Fictional Story] by obajiluke: 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2015
sorry if it sounded rude....its just some typos i noticed...
e.g there is nothing like "...you does..." it's "you do"
I can't continue...
just continue your story.....I'm following.....

1 Like

Re: Only Money Can Save Me [A short Fictional Story] by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
Chapter 2

*** At a Bus-Stop***

Let me relax here before those people over there are through with the wedding programme " Kingsley said to himself and switched off his car engine

He had been on the road for the past two hours and being on a Sunday, he couldn't get much passengers to patronize him as its a day where most people will either go for their religious worship or they rest at home.

"Lemme just take few people and close for today" Kingsley said to himself and adjusts the driver seat so as to allow his back rest conveniently.

Not long after, a young man with a suitcase approached his car and the below conversation ensued;

"Sir, am going to the shopping Mall down there. How much would you charge? The man asked

Its #500 since am not going to carry any other passenger with you. He replied

No problem but am having some issue with your car and I don't think I'll be able to enter, without that issue been solved

Why? What issue?

I saw a sticker with the word "There is no power except the power of God".

Yes, whats wrong with the sticker?

The thing is am an atheist and i don't like seeing anything related to God. The man answered

So what do you want me to do now? The driver asked

If you can just remove the Sticker, I'll pay you additional #500

Additional #500! Wait, Excuse me

Kingsley came down from his car and move to where the Sticker was glued to, which is the side of the car's body. He carefully removed it and place it inside the car's booth

"Oya Lets go sir" He said

"No we can't go yet. I mean it shouldn't be anywhere where i am"

Why? But I've removed it now

I know but the booth is just like other parts of the car. If you can please remove it and place it somewhere else

No. No.. No... I can't do that. You'd better go with your money. Kingsley said feeling as if he's being taken for granted

The young man noticing his changed attitude said in a cool voice

"Sir, its not like that. Okay, you know what? I'll add #2000 to it so you can use the money to get another sticker maybe even more beautiful than this one"

The driver's countenance suddenly changed.

2k?

Yeah.. Making 3 thousand naira

Kingsley went to the boot, brings out the banner and left it somewhere in the park
He then signal to the young man that they should starts going so he could come back to pick those people having programme in time

The man entered the front seat by the side of the driver and as Kingsley was about to kick start the engine, he felt a SHARP POINTED OBJECT poking him.

As he looked back at the object, it turns out to be a fierce looking kitchen knife

Where did this knife comes from? He wondered

He then traced the handle of the knife as to find out whom is holding it. To Kingsley's surprise.. It turns out to be the young man
"Your Car, Health or Life? Choose One" The young Man said

To be continued....
Re: Only Money Can Save Me [A short Fictional Story] by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2017
To be discontinued...

(1) (Reply)

Story: Bimbo And Her Big A$$ Problems / The Graduate’s Story – True Life Experience Episode 5 / Uncensored Orphanage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.