Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,201 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Read A Mother's Letter To Her Son - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Read A Mother's Letter To Her Son (660 Views)

Wife Dumps Her Son, Empties Husband's Shops, Elopes With School Boyfriend / Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos) / Conversation Between A Mother And Her Child Who Caught Her Cheating On His Dad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read A Mother's Letter To Her Son by IgboGoat: 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2015
This is a real lesson.
http://www.mtv.com/news/2270998/mom-note-son-realest-lesson/

Estella Havisham has had it up to here with her son, Aaron. The 13-year-old YouTuber from Australia lied to his mom about doing his homework, and now he has to pay the price — literally. His royally irked off mom wrote him a note that delivers the toughest of love on Wednesday, Sept. 2.

“The child [Aaron] is going to have a rude awakening today after the words he exchanged with me last night,” Mama Havisham captioned the photo below on her Facebook. “Not only will [h]e find this on the door, but his mattress stripped, and the toys and clothes that I bought confiscated.”

Aaron makes a “teeny tiny bit of money” off his YouTube vids according to his mom, but nowhere near enough to pay her back for covering 13 years of his life, obviously. (Meanwhile, all of us city dwellers are weeping at the beautiful $430 rent.)

follow mtv life 5k
“I made the point to show what life would look like if I was not his ’parent,’ but rather a ’roommate,'” his mom explained in a follow-up Facebook post. “It was a lesson about gratitude and respect from the very beginning. Sometimes, you have to lose it all to realize how well you really had it.”

Her methods worked. When Aaron found the letter, he “stormed” out of the apartment in anger but later returned to his room, calmed down and said sorry.

“He apologized, and asked what could he do to make things better and start earning items back,” his mom wrote. “He earned his comforter and some clothes right back. I did leave him some clothes to begin with, just not the ones he would want to wear every day.”

This is definitely one valuable lesson Aaron will always remember.

1 Like

Re: Read A Mother's Letter To Her Son by Basildvalour(m): 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
Deserved!
Re: Read A Mother's Letter To Her Son by lilmax(m): 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
If only e chop one slap grin.......this is why I love Nigeria, the mom wasted her precious time....... No father as usual?

(1) (Reply)

. / Parents Are Makers/ Destroyers Of A Child's Future! / Senator Ben Bruce #save Sharing Life Issues With Chaz B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.