Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,703 members, 7,805,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Ayomide A Female Or Male Name? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ayomide A Female Or Male Name? (1250 Views)

ABOMINATION! A Female King In Iboland!! Whaatt!!! / What Do You Think About A Female Having A Child Out Of Wedlock Age 20 Or 21 / Photos Of A Female Electrician Climbing A Pole In Her Hijab Goes Viral… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayomide A Female Or Male Name? by Lollymd: 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
Hello everyone,
I am having a boy and really like the name "Ayomide" and I wanted to shorten it ton"Yomi". I spoke to a family member about it and I was told me that Ayomide is a girls name and cannot be shortened to Yomi because that's not the short form. I would like to know what to think. Is it feminine or masculine ( I always thought it could be unisex). Can I shorten it to Yomi?

Thank you
Re: Ayomide A Female Or Male Name? by Pineapp: 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
Unisex
Re: Ayomide A Female Or Male Name? by absoluteSuccess: 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2015
Unisex, the short form is Ayo or A.Y. if you like. Yomi is the short for 'Abayomi', meaning 'they would have rejoice by (mocking) me'
Re: Ayomide A Female Or Male Name? by Funjosh(m): 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2015
Why must you shorten it, leave it the way it is Ayomide

(1) (Reply)

Church Denominations In Igboland / Here's Why There's A Possibility That The Igbo Are From Israel. / Young Hausa Lady Getting Married To A 60 Years Old Man - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.