Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,073 members, 7,807,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness (27506 Views)

Abba Kyari Wants To Cut Off These 7 Ministers From Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Blackout: 19 Plants Shut As Militant Attacks Shrink Gas Supply / Nigeria To Cut Gas Supplies To Ghana Over Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Captainswag225(m): 9:46am On Oct 13, 2015
iamord:
pls the whole shot should be cut down. The West Africa gas pipeline is a total flop. Our plant is ready. But now it should be supplying the thermal plants
the problem is, our gas is different from the ones we import from nigeria..., and it takes months to change from liquified natural gas to liquified petroleum gas... But our new plants will be using our gas. but 200 million dollars isnt an amount we cant pay. Jux tema tollbooth cash will pay that amount. I think vra isnt being managed well. They jux keep running at a loss.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by jtwest(m): 10:02am On Oct 13, 2015
Ayayi, just wen we haven't settle ourselves, we are giving our neighbors money and gas, sounds like loving ur neighbors more than ur sef to me.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by kwachira: 10:06am On Oct 13, 2015
naija is a sick country how can u pay some1 4 breached of contract while he was d first to breach 4 not paying 4 d gas supply.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by 989900: 10:29am On Oct 13, 2015
See market wasting!

Goddamn it! We should be colonizing all these small african countries' a$$e$!

NNPC should have been more popular than their local currencies in Accra, Kumasi, Dakar, Lome, Cotonou, Porto Nuovo, Freetown, Cape Verde (Iara) cheesy, Yaounde, and beyond.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by iamord(m): 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2015
Captainswag225:
the problem is, our gas is different from the ones we import from nigeria..., and it takes months to change from liquified natural gas to liquified petroleum gas... But our new plants will be using our gas. but 200 million dollars isnt an amount we cant pay. Jux tema tollbooth cash will pay that amount. I think vra isnt being managed well. They jux keep running at a loss.
It all burns down to corruption. The plant is supposed to have been ready before now btw. Can't help but wait for 2016
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Captainswag225(m): 1:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
does that mean u will come to ghana to come and vote?
iamord:

It all burns down to corruption. The plant is supposed to have been ready before now btw. Can't help but wait for 2016
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Princecharmin(m): 4:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
mekaboy:
Heyaaaaa poor ghana. Naija please tamper justice with mercy. grin Heyaaaaa poor ghana. Naija please tamper justice with mercy.grin

I am sure dia president will wish GEJ won, because he would have overlooked the debt . But the change has come grin . Ghana get ready, its either you pay up or you become a state in Nigeria grin grin

PMB no dey hia abeg ooogrin grin
lol...na local govt area o grin
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by tym92(m): 4:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
Bobbyjay001:
sageM ko Trium ni grin sageM ko Trium ni
if u get senDO charger join am
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by mekaboy(m): 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
Princecharmin:
lol...na local govt area o grin

abi oo.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by ghananotnaija(m): 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ghanaian military should do the needful and occupy Lagos until Nigeria agrees to supply gas and electricity to Ghana in perpetuity for free.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2015
ghananotnaija:
Ghanaian military should do the needful and occupy Lagos until Nigeria agrees to supply gas and electricity to Ghana in perpetuity for free.
B i t c h(Ghana) better have my money!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3eAMGXFw1o
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by salamido: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
CSTR2:
You are demented.
You are being governed by rascals and yes retarddinhos who are not worthy of a cleaning position in any serious country.
A country where unfortunate people like you have a massively bleak future.
My creative english should be the least of your concern, but alas it is .
Nigerians must be truely a hopeless people.

A gutter toad like you without prospects but fury is full of stale air with a cocked rabid mouth for aimless fire, asshole!
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by hassman: 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
CSTR2:
''Retardinhos in power '' is a valid english world coined by me.
Don't worry, i would inform the oxford congress to implement it in their dictionaries.
Numbnut.

Numbnut? Another self-delusion, you freaking ass-head!
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by letibab(f): 8:43pm On Oct 13, 2015
CSTR2:
Aha.
Shymmex is right.
That country is a congregation of[b] idiotts[/b] and backward illiterates

You couldn't even spell 'idiots' correctly and did not consider yourself number one idiot?
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ghanaians who used to insult Nigerians here are going to eat their humble pies real good! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2015
tym92:
if u get senDO charger join am
abi Alcatel battery.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by K4: 9:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
Fool, listen and listen good. First of all, Ghana does NOT buy gas from the shitnigerian government. It is a purely commercial transaction between a private company in your shitty country called N-Gas, which buys the gas from producers such as Chevron, Shell and ship it to Ghana,Togo etc. I am a guru in the oil n gas industry and I know everything that goes in in the industry.

2nd, the so-called $180 M is peanuts for a country like Ghana whose annual budget exceeds $10 billion. $180 million can't even sustain Ghana for 6 hours.

3, Ghana has started receiving gas from its own Jubilee field, amounting to some 150 MM scf/d. This is far more than the 120MM scf/d that Ghana receives from your country on a good day, under existing contract.

As at today, Ghana has excess gas it cant even use due to lack of plant capacity. My gut feeling is that Ghana doesn't need nigerian gas for now and having N-Gas cut gas supplies will simply save the country from paying for a product it cant even use!

bakynes:
I still told one Ghanaian with Moniker called OXYGEN 1 ystdy that Ghana relied on our gas for power supply but he bluffed it off saying, they only buy little from us and it's not free but this report states otherwise saying last year we didn't meet up on the agreement so we paid a compensation of 10million dollars and ever since then we supplied Gas to them even in excess of 140MMscf of Gas and they are owing us 100million Gh cedis and we about to cut them off which will worsen their power situation. So to all Ghanaians here stop bragging, respect Big brother Nigeria, tell your leaders to travel down to Aso Villa with immediate effect to beg my humble President just maybe we might consider you.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by OXYGEN01: 9:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
K4:
Fool, listen and listen good. First of all, Ghana does NOT buy gas from the shitnigerian government. It is a purely commercial transaction between a private company in your shitty country called N-Gas, which buys the gas from producers such as Chevron, Shell and ship it to Ghana,Togo etc. I am a guru in the oil n gas industry and I know everything that goes in in the industry.

2nd, the so-called $180 M is peanuts for a country like Ghana whose annual budget exceeds $10 billion. $180 million can't even sustain Ghana for 6 hours.

3, Ghana has started receiving gas from its own Jubilee field, amounting to some 150 MM scf/d. This is far more than the 120MM scf/d that Ghana receives from your country on a good day, under existing contract.

As at today, Ghana has excess gas it cant even use due to lack of plant capacity. My gut feeling is that Ghana doesn't need nigerian gas for now and having N-Gas cut gas supplies will simply save the country from paying for a product it cant even use!

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by iamord(m): 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
Captainswag225:
does that mean u will come to ghana to come and vote?
I may and may not. I just have that strong feeling of a change in the coming year
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by OXYGEN01: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
https://www.enca.com/africa/gas-inhalation-kills-eight-and-100-hospitalised-nigerias-jos

These fuckin eba eaters should be grateful to Ghana for buying their boko gas.
You guys are only good at inhaling de gas.
We are only doing you senseless idiots a favour.
We can decide not to pay even a pesewa.

https://www.enca.com/africa/gas-inhalation-kills-eight-and-100-hospitalised-nigerias-jos
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by K4: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
I swear the shitnigerian journalist who wrote the nonsensical report should bury his head in shame! This is the most foolish news item I have ever seen.

You pick a news item from Ghana, tweak it a bit and then publish it as factual? The entire story was based in what Dr Brobbey, who is not a govt official said. Why didn't the Nigerian reporter seek confirmation from nigerian sources in nigeria? If there is a report from Ghana about a situation that developed in nigeria, is getting more information and confirmation from officials in nigeria not the first step to take? I think nigerian journalists need help. I can teach them to write like professional journalists if they can afford my services. I have issues with the Ghanaian press but the ones in nigeria are even worse. Someone should tell the ignorant reporter the Federal govt does NOT supply gas to Ghana! Fuckeduppedness
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Just30: 11:01pm On Oct 13, 2015
K4:

Unfortunately, that's something our Nigerian brothers don't know. They can't comprehend, Ghana have more than enough gas to power it economy and even export through a reverse pressurisation of the West African gas pipeline to its neighbouring countries. But the official gas policy of the state (Ghana) is against gas exportation, therefore Ghana will not export gas anytime soon. The gas from Nigeria feeds just a single plant or two at Tema. The rest of our Thermal plants on combine cycle are being fed gas by Ghana gas.

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Just30: 11:06pm On Oct 13, 2015
Unfortunately, that's something our Nigerian brothers don't know. They can't comprehend, Ghana have more than enough gas to power it economy and even export through a reverse pressurisation of the West African gas pipeline to its neighbouring countries. But the official gas policy of the state (Ghana) is against gas exportation, therefore Ghana will not export gas anytime soon. The gas from Nigeria feeds just a single plant or two at Tema. The rest of our Thermal plants on combine cycle are being fed gas by Ghana gas.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Captainswag225(m): 11:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
iamord:
I may and may not. I just have that strong feeling of a change in the coming year
i hope ur wish come true coz we know how ghanaians vote... I dont think it will be an easy election.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by bakynes(m): 6:59am On Oct 14, 2015
K4:

What a fool and a big liar you are, for your information I am a practising Petroleum Engineer in my Country Nigeria. With degrees in the UK, which Oil and Gas expert are you? in a non recognized Oil producing nation like Ghana? Fool like you can you compare the Oil and Gas sector in Ghana to that of Nigeria. Even 10 billion dollars is about half of Nigeria's annual budget so where did small country Ghana get an annual budget that exceeds 10 billion dollars. I will name 5 states in Nigeria whose annual Budget is more than that of Ghana. If you like don't believe the report that's your business. I have already left the thread since two days back, y'all Ghanaians can keep deluding yourselves with lies after we ve left.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by Just30: 9:07am On Oct 14, 2015
bakynes:

What a fool and a big liar you are, for your information I am a practising Petroleum Engineer in my Country Nigeria. With degrees in the UK, which Oil and Gas expert are you? in a non recognized Oil producing nation like Ghana? Fool like you can you compare the Oil and Gas sector in Ghana to that of Nigeria. Even 10 billion dollars is about half of Nigeria's annual budget so where did small country Ghana get an annual budget that exceeds 10 billion dollars. I will name 5 states in Nigeria whose annual Budget is more than that of Ghana. If you like don't believe the report that's your business. I have already left the thread since two days back, y'all Ghanaians can keep deluding yourselves with lies after we ve left.

Hahaha you don't believe that Ghana' budget is far above that, that's up to you. Probably you would want to take it sector by sector

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by CSTR2: 10:05am On Oct 14, 2015
letibab:

You couldn't even spell 'idiots' correctly and did not consider yourself number one idiot?
Who are you? Are you well at all?
Btw, when did nairaland stop censoring the word idiot?
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by mekaboy(m): 10:55am On Oct 14, 2015
K4:

Young man, you are about to put millions of families in darkness if you dont shut your trap.

We all saw the impact of a few days shortage in gas supply in Ghana.

It is clear your country is owing, instead of you to pray the govt raises money to clear the debt on time your online talking trash.

That Nigeria supplies gas to a private firm, isnt a private firm responsible for the supply of electricity in ghana.

Out of your foolish pride you will soon put millions of your brothers and sisters in darkness. Then they close down the few businesses left in Ghana. Hope you have enough money to take care of them.

You dont know who is reading this your post. They might decide to take action faster than you can predict.

When the gas supply stops, let me see how u will manage to come online and talk trash.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by K4: 2:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nonsense!

You obviously are very ill-informed. At least you can educate yourself about the facts before talking like a fool,huh?

Yes, Ghana endured power outages in recent past, not necessarily because of gas shortages. It was mainly because most of our key plants went down and it took more time than expected to bring them back again. There are still a few plants being worked upon at the moment. If indeed gas was the main reason we had power outages in the past, why is that even now that we have more gas than we can use, we still have some outages? The answer is because there are still plants yet to be restored to service.

You probably don’t know that for a period of about two years Ghana did not receive a single supply of gas from your country and still survived with minimal inconvenience. Yes, for two years there was no gas supply from shitnigeria because a ship damaged the pipeline at Lome port.

Go and find out ediot! I guess power supply in Ghana collapsed because of that,huh?

Some of you talk like fools and when you are appropriately refered to as fools you take offence. SMH!

You think if your smelly country decides to stop gas supplies to Ghana we will sleep in darkness when we are already receiving 150 MM scf/d from Jubilee, which is even more than what you ediots supply to Ghana?

I challenge you fools to stop gas shipments to Ghana and let’s see if we will even feel it. Nonsense magg0t talking like a fool! For two years we did not get gas from your country and we coped, is it today we have 150 MM scf/d coming from our own oil and gas fields that we will feel it?

Stop exposing your ignorance and stvpidity,huh? The debt was incurred by the VRA and the Ghana govt/Ministry of Power was not even aware. The ministry, I have been informed, has since taken steps to settle whatever money VRA owes N-Gas! This is a purely commercial transaction between N-Gas and VRA, and has noting to do with governments of the two countries. Do you reaserch before opening your mouth to talk trash,huh?

This is a non-issue, as far as I am concerned. Trading in oil and gas is not like buying tomatoes in the market, ediot. There are terms specified in the agreement regarding payments so both parties will resolve this matter without any fuss. After all have they not been doing business for years now?

Your smelly armpit country has always done whatever it can to undermine Ghana but we remain stronger and stronger. You and your foolish countrymen and women can go to hell! I piss in your mouths, ediots! shocked lipsrsealed

[s]
mekaboy:

Young man, you are about to put millions of families in darkness if you dont shut your trap.

We all saw the impact of a few days shortage in gas supply in Ghana.

It is clear your country is owing, instead of you to pray the govt raises money to clear the debt on time your online talking trash.

That Nigeria supplies gas to a private firm, isnt a private firm responsible for the supply of electricity in ghana.

Out of your foolish pride you will soon put millions of your brothers and sisters in darkness. Then they close down the few businesses left in Ghana. Hope you have enough money to take care of them.

You dont know who is reading this your post. They might decide to take action faster than you can predict.

When the gas supply stops, let me see how u will manage to come online and talk trash.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by K4: 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
You are the biggest fool in the whole world

You have to pity these fools! I wonder what is inside that nonsense thing you ediots call heads sef. What is it with you mudder fuggerz. Is it the smelly foodyou apes eat that make you MUMUs so hopelessly dumb? Petroleum engineer my azz! My dog is more intelligent than you mudder fugger!

Instead of countering the facts I presented, you are here talking from your aNus, as usual? Fuckeduppedness! How is it my fault that your country is certified sh1thole?

Is it not true that the supply of shitnigerian gas to Ghana is a purely commercial transaction between the supplier (N-Gas) and the Volta River Authority (VRA)- the recipient entity in Ghana? Can you fault that, mudder fugger?

Is it also not true that Ghana currently produces 150 MM scf/d from its own Jubilee field? The supply from Jubilee is even more than the 120 MM scf/d you fools were contracted to supply to Ghana? Is it also not true that Ghana expects to produce additional 180 MM scf/d from the OCTP block by 2018 and some 80 MM scf/d from TEN fields by 2018?

loook at the fool talking about five states with budgets more than Ghana? such a MUMU talk! what are those states? even the annual budget for lagos is not even up to $3 billion! oya, go ahead and name those mudder fugger states that have budgets bigger than Ghana. In fact I wil make it easier for you. just name one state in your dustbin country with an annnual budget larger than that of Ghana? thief! stvpid foool!

[s]
bakynes:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by letibab(f): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
CSTR2:
Who are you? Are you well at all?
Btw, when did nairaland stop censoring the word idiot?

Fact is fact! I have no time for your irrelevant questions!
Re: Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness by CSTR2: 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2015
letibab:

Fact is fact! I have no time for your irrelevant questions!
You dey craze.
It seems you are dying for some attention. If that is your profile pic, i am sure there are many people here who can give you that.
Stay off my mention, i don't know you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toyin Saraki's Lawyers Contradict Bukola Saraki's Claims. / Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items / Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.