Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:19 PM

Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung (7719 Views)

See The 7 Fastest Android Phones With Octa-core Processors / Compare Tecno J8 With Tecno L8 Plus / Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung by TechRez(m): 11:27am On Oct 23, 2015
idokojerry:

The past few years, we have seen Chinese phone brands grow in popularity. They are responsible for Samsung's woes. Samsung was innovative at a time because they had little or no competition. But now, thanks to our xhinco brothers, we get same specs for half the price.
Their marketing strategy will never improve their sales, cuz just as they dethroned Nokia,so shall it be for them

Exactly the point!
Re: Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
TechRez:

When Samsung Galaxy S5 came out in cheap plastic casing, that was the year Xiaomi displaced Samsung in China.

Today, Samsung is 3rd in China.. behind Xiaomi and Apple.

This is an article I wrote a year ago.. And cited by other big guns..http://www.techrez.com/samsung-scared-mobile-future/

If you think we write based on assumptions or emotions, then you are from from the facts of the mobile industry.

Best Regards. wink

Listen, bro, not here to argue. Just to let you know how wrong you were. The S5 as of today is still outselling it's counterparts in the mold of LG G3, Sony Xperia Z2, HTC M8 and so on, and yet, in your infinite wisdom, you dared to claim it was a flop.

So Samsung is no longer the number one brand in China? Big deal. There is a pattern to this, y'know? Just like Apple owns The United States, RIM in Canada, Sony in Japan, Xiaomi eventually unseating Samsung in Mainland China was foretold, and it came to pass. Believe me, the S5 plastic finish had nothing to do with it whatsoever. Every major market needs an indigenous brand setting the pace. These phenomena can mainly be attributed to patriotism, more than it can be attributed to quality.

And btw, I'm not sure Apple even made the top 4 list in the chinese mainland. The top 4, I reckon, should be Xiaomi, Samsung, Lenovo, and Huawei. I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

Re: Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung by braskey: 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
TechRez:

Samsung knows how to market anything like the end of the world.

They tried the same thing with the Galaxy S5 but it was an embarrassing flop.

If you pitch the Xperia Z5 against the Galaxy S6..

Three quick things the Xperia Z5 does that the S6 doesn't do..

1. 4k display (premium version)
2. Water resistance & Dust proof
3. MicroSD slot.

There is no need talking about the camera.. Because the Xperia Z5 23MP camera sensor is no match for the Galaxy S6 16MP shooter.

Where does Sony fail? Generic marketing..

God bless you for this bro!!.. Till today, I don't know why other companies don't market their products like samsung..
Samsung has this agressive marketing strategy.
Re: Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung by TechRez(m): 6:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
koice:

Listen, bro, not here to argue. Just to let you know how wrong you were. The S5 as of today is still outselling it's counterparts in the mold of LG G3, Sony Xperia Z2, HTC M8 and so on, and yet, in your infinite wisdom, you dared to claim it was a flop.

So Samsung is no longer the number one brand in China? Big deal. There is a pattern to this, y'know? Just like Apple owns The United States, RIM in Canada, Sony in Japan, Xiaomi eventually unseating Samsung in Mainland China was foretold, and it came to pass. Believe me, the S5 plastic finish had nothing to do with it whatsoever. Every major market needs an indigenous brand setting the pace. These phenomena can mainly be attributed to patriotism, more than it can be attributed to quality.

And btw, I'm not sure Apple even made the top 4 list in the chinese mainland. The top 4, I reckon, should be Xiaomi, Samsung, Lenovo, and Huawei. I could be wrong though.

Each fiscal year, companies set sales forecast. That the plastic S5 manages to sell small amount doesn't means it met the Company's sale expectations.

I am not talking based on assumption. Everything I say here is verified. The S5 was a disaster, quote me anywhere.

I would not want to argue with you. Apple is currently the 2nd-biggest mobile vendor in China, right ahead of Samsung. I have given you data from IDC, you are telling me stories based on your assumptions.

C'mon buddy, there is no point dragging this. The S5 was a colossal flop, and thank God it was, otherwise, Samsung would have given us the same sholve-ware in S6. But, they went to the drawing board and came up with something better.
Re: Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung by TechRez(m): 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
braskey:

God bless you for this bro!!.. Till today, I don't know why other companies don't market their products like samsung..
Samsung has this agressive marketing strategy.

Sony spends all their money doing a great product, but don't want to spend extra telling people how great their products are. For me, that's pretty Lame.

If the Xperia mobile division survives for another 2-years. I will put-off my hats for them. In May, Sony reported a $1.4 billion loss from its Xperia division.

Sony is just sinking and its a shame. Earlier, they sold-off their PC and TV business. They are only standing on their profitable gaming division which almost went extinct with the PS3 which had initial poor sales ontop of a development fee of $3billion.
Re: Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung by omohlilpresh(m): 1:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
U guys should stop comparing that stupid iphone 6 that has deadly camera with any andriod device even andriod 1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TECNO WX3P App Moving To SD Card / Between Tecno Pop2 Power And Itelp33 Plus ? / Data Prices Reduces As Min Of Communication Gives Order (see New Price List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.