Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? (2516 Views)

Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? / Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? / Should A Woman Be Pregnant for Her Fiance Before Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by adeyemik: 7:21pm On Apr 26, 2009
An happy marriage is tending towards hitting the rock because the wife says it is too stressful but the man no she must provide it.

This is a couple where the husband work while the wife is a full time house wife. The husband is used to taking daily prepared fresh soup when he gets back from the office and the wife have been doing it religious. Of a sudden the wife started complaining that she can't be making it everyday that it is too stressful while the husband insisted that she must cook it for him.

The man's argument is that she is a full time house wife, and everything needed to making the soup are already bought and refrigerated (she need not go to the market), the children school is just 10 minutes drive away from their house, yet the wife is saying she can't do such again.

Dear forumites, why could this woman be complaining and the husband insisting?
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by ifyalways(f): 7:46pm On Apr 26, 2009
rofl@"fresh soup" grin
adeyemik:

Dear forumites, why could this woman be complaining ?
she might just be plain tired of making soups everyday,she wants to start working,shes preggie undecided
adeyemik:

the husband insisting?
i can imagine what the above scene wud look like.perharps the man drums it in her ears that shes nothing but a housewife and MUST make his fresh soups everyday with little or no regard/respect for her.
This is a very tricky situation to be in and one has to thread with care.
Let the man sit down with the wife and with love and respect for each other,find out the reasons and sort it out.
the stresses of being a full time housewife. . .it gets monotonus and the fun fades too quickly undecided
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by ifyalways(f): 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2009
@OP,Forgive me but ur write up already have a concrete and valid reason.the woman said its stressful for her.its understandable.making fresh soups everyday is no joke.the man shld undertsand now shocked,haba Nigerian men and their love for food grin
On the other hand,the woman can make four/three diffrent types of soups say every saturday or monday and alternate it for the man.all she needs do is to prepare and store in a fridge undecided
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by invisible2(m): 10:44pm On Apr 26, 2009
The woman is tired and the husband should try to find out an alternative. They could get one cook and let the wife rest. The fact that she has been cooking the soups before is commendable.
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by tpiah: 10:57pm On Apr 26, 2009
I dont see what the problem is.

Husband:

take two or three weeks vacation from work and spend the entire time cooking daily stew.

That way you can show your wife she's really lazy. Afterall, you'll do it with a smile on your face the whole time.

anyway

the wife should make giant stews and keep them in the freezer.
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by tope2000(f): 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2009
adeyemik:

An happy marriage is tending towards hitting the rock because the wife says it is too stressful but the man no she must provide it.

This is a couple where the husband work while the wife is a full time house wife. The husband is used to taking daily prepared fresh soup when he gets back from the office and the wife have been doing it religious. Of a sudden the wife started complaining that she can't be making it everyday that it is too stressful while the husband insisted that she must cook it for him.

The man's argument is that she is a full time house wife, and everything needed to making the soup are already bought and refrigerated (she need not go to the market), the children school is just 10 minutes drive away from their house, yet the wife is saying she can't do such again.

Dear forumites, why could this woman be complaining and the husband insisting?

What the heck is her problem??
She agreed to be a housewife so she shudnt complain
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by invisible2(m): 11:28pm On Apr 26, 2009
She agreed to be the house wife but stopped doing her duties after some time. Just find out the reason.
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by TOYOSI20(f): 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2009
I absolutely agree wid u Ify.  . . . . (BTW. . . .longest time Sis. . . .how are ya, and the family as well?? God bless ya ma dear) kiss kiss

The fact she’s complaining doesn’t mean she has ever allowed her husband to go hungry. . . .has she now?? undecided

Or the children aren’t feed and properly taken care of. . . .To this I say the husband needs to relax. . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And be a little more accommodating to his wife’s feelings. . . .What’s wrong wid chicken, turkey. . . .??

Must it be fresh fish!!Or even going out to eat once a week, I mean variety is the spice of life!!

And most importantly appreciation goes a long way. . . .Let her know u really are appreciative of all that she does . . . wink smiley

it isn’t easy being a full time house wife. . . . . .Catering and tending to the needs of the entire family . . . . .

it is imperative to give commendation where it’s due, it goes an awful long way!!!! wink smiley
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 27, 2009
TOYOSI20:

And most importantly appreciation goes a long way. . . .Let her know u really are appreciative of all that she does . . . wink smiley

I, 100%, agree with this statement.

Some men are so useeeeeeed to being looked after, that some actions seems to be expected, no longer appreciated anymore.

Maybe that's what the wife meant by "stressful".

I mean, imagine the husband coming home and asking things like "where's my dinner?" or "Are you ready tonight?". If I was her, I'd vex because he doesn't appreciate my move and actions like he used to anymore.

That's what we call being taken for granted.

Just because she's a full housewife does not mean she sits home and do nothing.

Husband works hard, I give him credit for that. But just because he brings the dough home does not give him the right to take her for granted.

[size=15pt]IF THAT'S THE CASE!![/size]
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by C2H5OH(f): 12:07am On Apr 27, 2009
I don't understand why she's bitching if they had an agreement that she would be a fulltime housewife in their marriage. grin

Our traditional parents really deserve some pats on their backs for their hardwork.
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

I don't understand why she's bitching if they had an agreement that she would be a fulltime housewife in their marriage. grin

Our traditional parents really deserve some pats on their backs for their hardwork.

You know nothing abt what our traditional parents went through, so hush undecided

Society expected them not to complain, and back then, it was easier for Naija men to wander about (to other women) without much ridicule
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Sissy3(f): 12:26am On Apr 27, 2009
cant imagine a marriage felling just cox this simple thing that can be easily settled amicably between them
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 27, 2009
~Sissy~:

cant imagine a marriage felling just cox this simple thing that can be easily settled amicably between them
how u dey? grin grin

True true, I agree. wink
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Sissy3(f): 12:29am On Apr 27, 2009
Sis i dey fine oo, u nko?

didnt see ya online yesterday shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:32am On Apr 27, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

I, 100%, agree with this statement.

Some men are so useeeeeeed to being looked after, that some actions seems to be expected, no longer appreciated anymore.

Maybe that's what the wife meant by "stressful".

I mean, imagine the husband coming home and asking things like "where's my dinner?" or "Are you ready tonight?". If I was her, I'd vex because he doesn't appreciate my move and actions like he used to anymore.

That's what we call being taken for granted.

Just because she's a full housewife does not mean she sits home and do nothing.

Husband works hard, I give him credit for that. But just because he brings the dough home does not give him the right to take her for granted.

[/size=15pt]IF THAT'S THE CASE!![/size]

Gbam!!. . .infact double Ggam sef. . . . . wink cheesy

~Sissy~:

Yup, . . . .same here oo shocked shocked shocked wink. . . .well Happy sunday to yah ladies!!! wink cheesy
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 27, 2009
~Sissy~:

Why are y'all surprised? angry angry grin grin

I drove hundred miles outta town wink cheesy
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 27, 2009
Cook soup daily . . . hang me now.
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Sissy3(f): 12:37am On Apr 27, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Why are y'all surprised?  angry angry grin grin

I drove hundred miles outta town  wink cheesy

nah . .  sis just making sure u r were alright now tongue u r normally online cool cool

oh now, i rem. you drove 110 miles to that ekiti family reunion, so how was it?

@ TOYOSI20

how u dey?
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 27, 2009
~Sissy~:

nah . . sis just making sure u r were alright now tongue u r normally online kiss

oh now, i rem. you drove 110 miles to that ekiti family reunion, so how was it?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked you dey spy on me?

That's doing the summer. Not going!! grin grin

Nah, I went with a friend to Ocala wink
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 27, 2009
stillwater:

Cook soup daily . . . hang me now.
grin grin grin grin

@TOYOSI

I see you oh, shotigbo.

maa ki mi embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Sissy3(f): 12:40am On Apr 27, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked you dey spy on me?

That's doing the summer. Not going!!  grin grin

Nah, I went with a friend to Ocala  wink

they havent told you? shocked shocked

i work as spy 4 d CIA cool cool
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by debosky(m): 12:42am On Apr 27, 2009
If they agreed for her to be the housewife and the cooking ingredients are made available without stress, I don't see why she should be complaining.

If he works and brings all the bacon, he is entitled to want specific things. How would she feel if he says he wants to reduce the money he's bringing home because it's too stressful?

A deal is a deal - if she agreed to it initially, they must both agree before things change.
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by tope2000(f): 12:44am On Apr 27, 2009
debosky:

If they agreed for her to be the housewife and the cooking ingredients are made available without stress, I don't see why she should be complaining.

If he works and brings all the bacon, he is entitled to want specific things. How would she feel if he says he wants to reduce the money he's bringing home because it's too stressful?

A deal is a deal - if she agreed to it initially, they must both agree before things change.

Thank you jare wink
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:44am On Apr 27, 2009
Nike sweets. . . i was shouting both of u out naa!! Missed yah!! kiss grin grin

Sissy. . . . . .I'm great oo. . . . .just chilling oo jare!!, u nko. . .how body?? cheesy cheesy

Its all about coming to a mutual understanding for real. . . . .who else would work things out for them?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 27, 2009
~Sissy~:

they havent told you? shocked shocked

i work as spy 4 d CIA cool cool
grin grin grin I believe you! grin grin

debosky:

That's just plain wrong!!!

That's why it's best not to date/marry rich men (I didn't say I dnt want o grin grin jk), because they're so special, they're entitled to specific things.

Oh plzzzzzzzz!!! And if it was the other way around. . . . .na bullcock sh*T advice they'd be giving angry angry
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 27, 2009
TOYOSI20:

Nike sweets. . . i was shouting both of u out naa!! Missed yah!! kiss grin grin
eh ehn, I no want tongue tongue tongue

How you dey treat my bro? Haven't heard from him undecided grin
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by debosky(m): 12:48am On Apr 27, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

grin grin grin I believe you! grin grin
That's just plain wrong!!!

That's why it's best not to date/marry rich men (I didn't say I dnt want o grin grin jk), because they're so special, they're entitled to specific things.

Oh plzzzzzzzz!!! And if it was the other way around. . . . .na bullcock sh*T advice they'd be giving angry angry

What's wrong about it? Did someone force her to be housewife? Why do something religiously for a while and then suddenly stop? Why not object to it from the get go? undecided

I'm sure the man made it clear from the onset - I like my fresh soup daily and she agreed. Now she wants to change things on the man, why? It is unfair - given that everything is available for her to cook, I don't see the reason for complaining.
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Sissy3(f): 12:48am On Apr 27, 2009
@ TOYOSI20

my dear body dey fresh cool cool

@ ebony

cool cool cool

@ post

i still think this a minor issue that they could resolve mutually
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 27, 2009
Who eats the remaining soup that Oga has condemned as dregs since it isn't fresh? Her palava anyway. undecided
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 27, 2009
debosky:

What's wrong about it? Did someone force her to be housewife? Why do something religiously for a while and then suddenly stop? Why not object to it from the get go? undecided

I'm sure the man made it clear from the onset - I like my fresh soup daily and she agreed. Now she wants to change things on the man, why? It is unfair - given that everything is available for her to cook, I don't see the reason for complaining.
Did someone force him to marry a housewife?

Kilo n complain fun? undecided undecided

Debo, we both don't know the full story. We don't know why she suddenly stopped, if he caused it or not.

You can't condemn [b]HER [/b]based on what you read here, [size=3pt]but you can always condemn him for not appreciating his wife [/size]grin grin

rotfl@ bolded. No be only fresh soup.
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:52am On Apr 27, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

eh ehn, I no want tongue tongue tongue

How you dey treat my bro? Haven't heard from him undecided grin

Ejo ema binu si mi. . . . big sis. . . . .ma loff!!. . . . tongue tongue embarassed embarassed embarassedLOL!!!. . . . .like a King that he is naa!!. . .  . grin grin grin

@ POST

They always say u never know what u have until u actually lose it. . . .he best be careful seriously!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Some people are just never satisfied oo for real!! undecided undecided
Re: Why Could This Woman Be Complaining? by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 27, 2009
TOYOSI20:

Ejo ema binu si mi. . . . big sis. . . . .ma loff!!. . . . tongue tongue embarassed embarassed embarassedLOL!!!. . . . .like a King that he is naa!!. . . . grin grin grin
Yes!!!!!!!!! I'm "mi loff" grin grin
Can I get a whoot whoot!! grin

Call am to this thread. Still surprised he's not here yet cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Fiancee Dated Her Professor: Please Advice Me / I Try Not To Get Jealous’: Pastor, 60 Marries His Pregnant Girlfriend, 19, With / My Evil Uncle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.