Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,679 members, 7,801,960 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES (101321 Views)

Panic Grips Buhari’s Ministers / Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES / DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by lonelydora: 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
Nice question from the senator talking now.

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
JW214:
The way people use figures to support their speech without to reference to source of this data is bad.
You can not just tell me your book is the most read book in Nigeria university without stating the source to support the statement.
#Danbazau autobiography

That was a fallacious and a fat lie from the incoming minister.

I also heard him

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
I would like to be close to this General shocked
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by nairacountry(m): 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
freshcvvs:

Still within context.

Yea but not to be "read" out
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
Neyoor:

That was a fallacious and a fat lie from the incoming minister.

I also heard him

His works are well-cited, he meant shocked
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by shegspearl(m): 2:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
BCISLTD:
Fayemi is a brain. ..ekiti people are foolish to replace him with fayose

You are more foolish to make such assumption based on what the man is saying when you didn't have a first hand experience of his actions like the Ekiti People. Talk is Cheap

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by kunlesufyan(m): 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
JW214:
The way people use figures to support their speech without to reference to source of this data is bad.

You can not just tell me your book is the most read book in Nigeria university without stating the source to support the statement.

#Danbazau autobiography
Exactly ,I don't even know the man talk more of reading any of his book

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by themilanway(m): 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2015
Eziachi:

I always try to discuss only issue and not name calling. Even if am wrong, which I am many times, there are other means and ways to point it out decently without resorting to bullish language.
You seemed to be love with the word "foolish". So am well outside that sort of league.

Sir,stop indulging the renowned idiot.

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by ademusiwa5: 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
[size=28pt]To show you the level of illiteracy of your politician, Buhari is considered an Illegal Immigrate inside the country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria.

But If Buhari for example, appoint a person, from the country of western Nigeria as vice president or ministers for example.the person can only operate just inside 26 states..

Nigeria cant collect taxes from the country of Western nigeria. That is the reason, why they were claiming opposition won the election inside western nigeria.. Like under shehu shagari etc.. [/size]

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by MORNDEW(m): 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
Is it only me? I seem not to like this Dambazau guy.
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
This man is sound and experienced but I doubt if he can actually tame Boko haram.
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
Bauchi Senator speaks:

- no defense policy on ground?
- challenge of procurement in defence ministry ---COAS, Service Chiefs, CDS etc
- welfare of the military, how to address
- motivation of soldiers in the North East (N1,000 daily + N500 feeding allowance) compared to $1,000 to international assignment.

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by anigbajumo(m): 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
UniqueGem:
Where ever a mans treassures are, there will his heart also be
Firstly, i'll like you to know your dad isn't holding any public office and therefore is not accountable to anyone on how he runs his affairs. Now what will you say of a minister of Education who's children are schooling abroad? Why are his children abroad? Better educational system right? Then why did we make you the minister of education? I was watching Silverbird TV this morning when one Mr Olu Rotimi was being interviewed, asked of his thought on the ministerial screening, he gave one example that struck me- he said "while i was studying in the university, my university's college of medicine was without accreditation for 10years. It was only till the VC's son was enrolled into the college of medicine that the college of medicine got accredited. This accreditation came at a speed of 4years, the university graduated its first medical doctors while the Vcs son was in 500L or so".
You see sir, had that VC's son not enrolled into that school, the VC would care less about the afflictions of others. Whatever rot in a system should be suffered by the whole body and not only the legs or hands that fed the mouth. My mother used to say "when you see a family carrying the corpse of their loved one and crying, you the passerby just look at them and move on as if nothing happened. The best you'd do is sympathize with them(sympathy comes from a position of comfort and power). So what i am saying is if the education system is bad, i will suffer it, the eduction ministers children will suffer it. If i be in darkness, they be in darkness too. If i don't have fuel, they don't have fuel too. You can't lead the people and not feel their pain.

Sir,corruption in these country have rotten almost all the major developmental sector in dis country.

Jst Imagine,ASUU agitated for billions of naira under GEJ's watch nd the money was given,am telling u am yet to seen the Impact of the money in my skul and if the education minister talk nofin tangible will come out of dis.will u as a minister take yer children to that skul?

You knw the matter of kidnappers in this country,they can easily kidnapp their children then demanding for huge money.

Moreover, most of them av been sending their children abroad b4 they ar appointed as minister.

For example,if fayemi is nw the minister of education,will he withdraw his children from skuling abroad because he want to revive the rotten educational sector.If it is u,will u?
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by asunmoGGMU(m): 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
atbu1983:

is Akpabio not okorocha

is 'now' now 'not'?

OR you lost your 'it'?
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by masseratti: 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
Can you guys have us with the questions an answers to to nominees?.some of us are going away for a radio or television set right now.
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by permsec: 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
Just hear what our minster said "When a soldier joins the Army". Educated illiterates everywhere.
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by saints2(f): 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
byrron:

[b]This guys are so predictable.[/b]

Its These guys... Plural form

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
A Nigerian solder in war has #1000 as his allowance? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Is that amount their daily or monthly allowance?
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by billionman: 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
Keneking:
Senator Bruce:assumes Osagie would be minister of health...what about Ngige grin

Senator likes Breast Pumps shocked

This Dr Osagie, to me doesn't seem to know much about the challenges of the Nigerian health sector. I pray he is not made the minister of health.
Mind you we also have another doctor in the new list. Professor Isaac Adewole the present VC of University of Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by UniqueGem(m): 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
anigbajumo:

Sir,corruption in these country have rotten almost all the major developmental sector in dis country.

Jst Imagine,ASUU agitated for billions of naira under GEJ's watch nd the money was given,am telling u am yet to seen the Impact of the money in my skul and if the education minister talk nofin tangible will come out of dis.will u as a minister take yer children to that skul?

You knw the matter of kidnappers in this country,they can easily kidnapp their children then demanding for huge money.

Moreover, most of them av been sending their children abroad b4 they ar appointed as minister.

For example,if fayemi is nw the minister of education,will he withdraw his children from skuling abroad because he want to revive the rotten educational sector.If it is u,will u?

I won't accept a leadership position if i can't lead by example.
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by asunmoGGMU(m): 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
byrron:
A Nigerian solder in war has #1000 as his allowance? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Is that amount their daily or monthly allowance?

Daily! The fund was even misappropriated under GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by jtwest(m): 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
Is it just me or d guy is trying to bore everybody out.
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
saints2:

Its These guys... Plural form

That error due was due to oversight and i didn't proof read it before submitting! I appreciate your corrections.

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by zik4ever: 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
Neyoor:
This man is sound and experienced but I doubt if he can actually tame Boko haram.
He was the Army Chief when Yar'Adua ordered a clamp down on Boko Haram in 2009 and under him, they caught Yusuf the BH leader alive before he was killed controversially. Things have changed though and perhaps, there is something else to this new BH that is defying even the press up by the current Army Chief.

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
billionman:

This Dr Osagie, to me doesn't seem to know much about the challenges of the Nigerian health sector. I pray he is not made the minister of health.
Mind you we also have another doctor in the new list. Professor Isaac Adewole the present VC of University of Ibadan.

Good observations:

- Dr. Ngige (minister of health)
- Dr. Osagie (minister of state for health)
- Professor Isaac Adewole (minister of labour)?
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2015
ademusiwa5:
[size=28pt]To show you the level of illiteracy of your politician, Buhari is considered an Illegal Immigrate inside the country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria.
But If Buhari for example, appoint a person, from the country of western Nigeria as vice president or ministers for example.the person can only operate just inside 26 states.. [/size]

MR MUSIWA! The self acclaimed President of the western Nigeria.

grin cheesy; cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

I've missed you and your funny posts.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2015
[s]
ademusiwa5:

But If Buhari for example, appoint a person, from the country of western Nigeria as vice president or ministers for example.the person can only operate just inside 26 states..

Nigeria cant collect taxes from the country of Western nigeria. That is the reason, why they were claiming opposition won the election inside western nigeria.. Like under shehu shagari etc.. [/size]

[/s]
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by samento: 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
ademusiwa5:

My friend you are a more gracious illiterate. Please,correct yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by mbulela: 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
UniqueGem:
Anyone who's child or children is not based in Nigeria gets authomatic disqualification. Thats how strict it should be. .
What sort of hatred and myopia is that?
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
asunmoGGMU:

Daily! The fund was even misappropriated under GEJ.

Your response did not address my question.

The defense minister to be said that #1000 is the allowance for soldiers in crises ridden areas and my question is, Is the #1000 a daily or monthly allowance?

So GEJ misappropriating #1000 as your response sounds funny!
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by BizBayo: 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
hahahahah! Kaduna Defence Academy is producing furnitures. hahahahaha. Instead of ammunition.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply)

Meet Abdulaziz Abdulaziz Who Exposed Kemi Adeosun's Fake NYSC Certificate / Unknown Gunmen Behead Kidnapped Anambra Lawmaker, Okechukwu Okoye (Graphic) / Photos Of The Money Uncovered By EFCC In Ikoyi, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.