Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps (1020 Views)

Lecturer Explains Why Nigerian Youths Prefer Studying Abroad / Akwa Ibom Science College Where Students Are Raised In Squalour / How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps by nollyj: 10:49am On Oct 13, 2015

I have reasons why I started this topic and beside I have talked with some Nigerian education mobile app developers and they acknowledge the existence of this problem.

Whenever a new foreign mobile app goes viral, Nigerians will join the trend and in some case, we will download the application even more than the country it originated from.

When it comes to Nigeria made app, most people will look in a different direction and some will try to bring the developers down.

From my personal experience, I recently develop a Chemistry Android App called Classic Chemistry (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=inducesmile.com.completeorganicchemistry). This app is targeted to Nigeria Students studying or planning to write chemistry exams like WAEC.

Since I published this Classic Chemistry App in Google Play Store, I have had downloads from India, United States, United Kingdom and other countries but not much from Nigeria.

The app has received 5/5 in review. I have also received wonderful emails from users in different countries telling me how much they love my app and how it has helped them in their studies but not any from Nigeria.

After talking to few other mobile app developers, I come to the conclusion that these five reasons are the contributing factors why Nigerian students are not appreciative of Nigerian made Education mobile apps.

1. Nigerians prefer foreign mobile apps than Nigeria made apps

2. Most Nigerians have the illusion that mobile apps made by Nigerians are of low quality.

3. With Education apps, most Nigerians do not like reading because there are many ways to pass exam.

4. Sheer lack of money to pay for Data bundles

5. They prefer charting, 'Facebooking” than studying.

Please if you feel that something is missing, feel free to add yours

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps by nollyj: 11:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
waiting for more inputs
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps by OkekeChristian(m): 1:32am On Oct 14, 2015
Lack of a reading culture, brother, is one factor. Many Nigerians have no reading habit.
How many people do you see that would prefer reading a book to surfing the net, watching a movie, or playing a game?

Let's face it, many Nigerians haven't overcome the internet craze hangover. Everyone wants to be on Facebook, Whatsapp, 2go( currently outdated), twitter, instagram, etc., yet no one wants to sit down with something educational and learn. Most people prefer suspense, adventure, intrigue, sex and fashion items to educational.

Yet, there's still that 0.1%( fictitious, should be greater than this) that sees a good educational text, app, note, article, and use their time to make good use of it. Of course, it would make no sense if I do not get your app. The screenshots are appetizing enough. tongue
Will give you a review later.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps by OkekeChristian(m): 1:49am On Oct 14, 2015
Hey! I just visited your page. Please modify the CSS of that "Under Construction" page - I mean your home page.

It's annoying. Sorry, my take!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps by techstud(m): 1:57am On Oct 14, 2015
really nice points you made there poster,I hope Nigerians will come to cherish their own soon
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps by nollyj: 7:28am On Oct 14, 2015
OkekeChristian:
Lack of a reading culture, brother, is one factor. Many Nigerians have no reading habit.
How many people do you see that would prefer reading a book to surfing the net, watching a movie, or playing a game?

Let's face it, many Nigerians haven't overcome the internet craze hangover. Everyone wants to be on Facebook, Whatsapp, 2go( currently outdated), twitter, instagram, etc., yet no one wants to sit down with something educational and learn. Most people prefer suspense, adventure, intrigue, sex and fashion items to educational.

Yet, there's still that 0.1%( fictitious, should be greater than this) that sees a good educational text, app, note, article, and use their time to make good use of it. Of course, it would make no sense if I do not get your app. The screenshots are appetizing enough. tongue
Will give you a review later.

Very constructive.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps by etoroh: 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2015
nollyj:

I have reasons why I started this topic and beside I have talked with some Nigerian education mobile app developers and they acknowledge the existence of this problem.

Whenever a new foreign mobile app goes viral, Nigerians will join the trend and in some case, we will download the application even more than the country it originated from.

When it comes to Nigeria made app, most people will look in a different direction and some will try to bring the developers down.

From my personal experience, I recently develop a Chemistry Android App called Classic Chemistry (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=inducesmile.com.completeorganicchemistry). This app is targeted to Nigeria Students studying or planning to write chemistry exams like WAEC.

Since I published this Classic Chemistry App in Google Play Store, I have had downloads from India, United States, United Kingdom and other countries but not much from Nigeria.

The app has received 5/5 in review. I have also received wonderful emails from users in different countries telling me how much they love my app and how it has helped them in their studies but not any from Nigeria.

After talking to few other mobile app developers, I come to the conclusion that these five reasons are the contributing factors why Nigerian students are not appreciative of Nigerian made Education mobile apps.

2. Most Nigerians have the illusion that mobile apps made by Nigerians are of low quality.

3. With Education apps, most Nigerians do not like reading because there are many ways to pass exam.

i LOVE the app. thanks. you know where one can find a similar app for physics and biology...
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps by nollyj: 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
etoroh:

i LOVE the app. thanks. you know where one can find a similar app for physics and biology...

I have a biology app with more than 300,000 downloads in Google Play. I can download it through this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toscanyacademy.completebiology
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps by Kennyinusa(m): 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2015
nollyj:

I think you have clearly highlighted the issue here. You app is of low quality just like a bunch of other nigerian app that their is on the app store.

You app doesn't have a descent logo and the ui looks like it was developed like 20years ago.

I have downloaded most of your apps and I sincerely think that your downloads are hohohoho.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps by OkekeChristian(m): 8:16am On Nov 13, 2015
Kennyinusa:

I think you have clearly highlighted the issue here. You app is of low quality just like a bunch of other nigerian app that their is on the app store.

You app doesn't have a descent logo and the ui looks like it was developed like 20years ago.

I have downloaded most of your apps and I sincerely think that your downloads are hohohoho.

I do think meself that we ought to find you an english app so that you can learn spelling, wake up from your dream and change your misleading moniker.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps by Kennyinusa(m): 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
OkekeChristian:

I do think meself that we ought to find you an english app so that you can learn spelling, wake up from your dream and change your misleading moniker.

Hmmmm?

What can i say? @OkekeChristian I honestly do not know you and am certainly sure that you do not know me. So let's just leave it at that.
Lol. And how is my name misleading.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Students Are Not Appreciative Of Nigerian Made Edu Apps by coruso(m): 9:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
nollyj:

From my personal experience, I recently develop a Chemistry Android App called Classic Chemistry (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=inducesmile.com.completeorganicchemistry). This app is targeted to Nigeria Studenots studying or planning to write chemistry exams like WAEC.

chemistry

(1) (Reply)

Learn Arabic Android Application - Easy Way To Learn Arabic / Open Letter To The V.C Of Federal University Dutsin-ma,katsina / The Scam Machine Called Jamb Cbt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.