Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Tagged ‘world’s Ugliest’, This Woman Tells Her Touching Story. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tagged ‘world’s Ugliest’, This Woman Tells Her Touching Story. (661 Views)

Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / World's Ugliest Woman Proves The World Wrong For Being Tagged Most Ugly / Could This Be The Ugliest Guy On Facebook? See What Friends Are Saying About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tagged ‘world’s Ugliest’, This Woman Tells Her Touching Story. by Sirsoftness(m): 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
It’s a cruel world we live in as this lady faces online bullying constantly because of the way she looks which is none of her fault. 26 years old Lizzie Velasquez, was born with a rare disease that prevents her from gaining weight and blinded one of her eyes. Her life changed forever when she discovered a YouTube video tagging her as the ‘World’s Ugliest Woman’. Then, 17-years old, she was devastated and broken but she somehow didn’t let the hateful comments define her as the video had over four million views with many dropping hurtful disgusting comments about Lizzie including suggestions that she should have been killed at birth. But inspirational Lizzie said she managed to turn the negative comments into something positive. She told Fox News: There were thousands and thousands of awful comments, all along the lines of: the world would be a better place if I weren’t in it. Each comment I read I felt like someone was physically putting their fist through the screen and punching me. I always knew I wanted to show those people that they weren’t going to define me. I didn’t want the definition of me that they were creating to become my truth . Lizzie has now has released a documentary to inspire others, ‘A Brave Heart: The Lizzie Velasquez story’. She also travels the world helping troubled youngsters who have been bullied for the way they look, motivating and leading them on the right path.

(1) (Reply)

Cut Your Coat According To Your Cloth!!! Contentment Pays / Get Official Jamb Brochure For 2016/2017 / I Scored More Than Cut-off Mark For Computer Science, Why Physics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.