Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It (3459 Views)

Curvy Nigerian Lady,Wants To Eat This Strange Food & Every One Is Talking(pics) / Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) / Can You Eat This Strange Cassava? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Remilekun101: 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2015
All of us have our share of phobias, whether they’re sharks, snakes, or even butterflies (thanks a lot, Spongebob). However, there are a select few who find the sight of certain foods absolutely terrifying. Here are 7 strange food phobias that you might have without even knowing it…

1. Lachanophobia (luh-can-uh-fo-biah) – Fear of Vegetables
Those who have lachanophobia find the sight of any or all vegetables terrifying. Some reasons why you might be lachanophoic are that you are afraid to accidentally swallow a bug while eating the vegetable, or you believe that by ingesting the seeds, a vegetable plant will sprout out of you (think Chuckie on the Rugrats). At least you could save some $$$ on groceries.

2. Ichthyophobia (ick-theo-fo-biah) – Fear of Fish
Some people find the sight, smell, and texture of fish to be terrifying. The cause of this phobia can be anything from the strong belief that fish are the cause of many illnesses, to a scarring experience that came with scuba diving. In other words, sushi dates are a no-go.

3. Mycophobia (my-SAH-fo-biah) – Fear or Aversion to Mushrooms
Mushrooms don’t necessarily grow in the most appetizing ways. However, if you have mycophobia, it’s not only the way they grow that scares you, but also the chance that you might be poisoned or find yourself in the middle of a psychedelic experience. #trippy

4. Methyphobia (meh-theh-fo-biah) – Fear of Alcohol
Being in college, alcohol has become a rather well-used, and at times, abused substance. Methyphobic individuals usually avoid alcohol because of a traumatic experience that involved booze, or because they just find the smell and taste to be absolutely disgusting (#tequila). Basically, just skip the wine and go straight to dine.

5. Consecotaleophobia (con-sec-oh-tay-leo-fo-bia) – Fear of Chopsticks
That’s right. Consecotaleophobia is the fear of chopsticks, whether your reason is that you are afraid to drop food all over yourself, poke your eye out, or embarrass yourself by showing how unskilled you are. Again, sushi dates are not an option.

6. Deipnophobia (dehp-no-fo-bia) – Fear of Dinner Parties, Dining with Others and Dinner Conversations
Eating alone isn’t always a bad thing. In fact, those who are deipnophobic would prefer to eat by themselves because they fear that awkward dining table small talk. On the bright side, at least you don’t have to constantly be asked about how your day went.

7. Cibophobia (see-boh-fo-bia) – Fear of Food/Eating
Having cibophobia can mean that you are afraid of food because of a scarring experience with food poisoning, too many food allergies, or you find food in general to be disgusting. If you have cibophobia, this website might as well be the next Saw movie.

source:https://www.yahoo.com/food/7-strange-food-phobias-you-might-have-without-even-011958209.html
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Rosemary216(f): 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
Numba 4 nd 6!! Daz me. I so dislike alcohol! Knowin its effects on ppl freaks me out. I also dislike dinning wit ppl nt just @ parties. D idea of hvin 2 discuss whyl munchin my food mks me always wan2 eat on my own!

1 Like

Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Utchgirl(f): 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
Sorry 2 deviate 4rm d topic .....

Some peeps here r suffering 4rm IGBOPHOBIA especially ndiofem'manu .

Quote me negatively and ...........
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Remilekun101: 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
Rosemary216:
Numba 4 nd 6!! Daz me. I so dislike alcohol! Knowin its effects on ppl freaks me out. I also dislike dinning wit ppl nt just @ parties. D idea of hvin 2 discuss whyl munchin my food mks me always wan2 eat on my own!

Lol..I'm number 6
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Remilekun101: 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
Utchgirl:

I'm a Yoruba Boi (ndiofem'manu)... u must grow some pubic hair before u talk next time

2 Likes

Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Rosemary216(f): 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2015
Remilekun101:

Lol..I'm number 6
cheesy
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Utchgirl(f): 2:43pm On Oct 13, 2015
Remilekun101:

I'm a Yoruba Boi (ndiofem'manu)... u must grow some pubic hair before u talk next time

Exactly wht i'm saying.

U r suffering 4rm IGBOPHOBIA..... and it has no cure.
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Remilekun101: 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
Utchgirl:

Exactly wht i'm saying.

U r suffering 4rm IGBOPHOBIA..... and it has no cure.

Damn girl, do u even know me... Guess it is the other way round
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Utchgirl(f): 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2015
Remilekun101:

Damn girl, do u even know me... Guess it is the other way round
Dnt, cnt and wil neva knw sombody like u.
Dnt quote me again bc i wil nt reply.
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by OgidiOlu3(m): 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
No 1. Vegetables make me purge but I still eat it though.
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Remilekun101: 4:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
Utchgirl:

This is my thread.. Now run along B.it.ch

1 Like

Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Remilekun101: 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
OgidiOlu3:
No 1. Vegetables make me purge but I still eat it though.

Lolo.. Pele
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Menace2Society(m): 7:19am On Oct 14, 2015
Utchgirl:

Who born this Mumu?

1 Like

Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by mysticgal(f): 9:36am On Oct 14, 2015
I think I have mycophobia and metyphobia
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by iamkingzlee(m): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2015
Juat number1 lipsrsealed Fear of Vegetables.
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Remilekun101: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
mysticgal:
I think I have mycophobia and metyphobia

Mushroom is sweet wink
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Remilekun101: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
iamkingzlee:

you are missing wink
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by mysticgal(f): 2:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
Remilekun101:

Mushroom is sweet wink
That's you, the stuff seems to me like ojukokoro
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Remilekun101: 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
mysticgal:

That's you, the stuff seems to me like ojukokoro

Taste it.. taste it... taste it.. Please wink
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by mysticgal(f): 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
Remilekun101:

Taste it.. taste it... taste it.. Please wink
Nah
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by sod09(m): 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
Utchgirl:

grow up b.i.t.c.h
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by sod09(m): 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
Utchgirl:

grow up b.i.tc.h
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by TheSonOfMark(m): 7:54am On Oct 18, 2015
Rosemary216:

Methyphobia is okay. It's not that rare. I have never craved for alcohol all my life and it still seems odd to friends and family 'cause it's not for religious or health reasons. I just do not crave for it. Hopefully, my future wife would also completely abstain from alcohol. I DISLIKE WOMEN WHO DRINK.

Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:00am On Oct 18, 2015
iamkingzlee:
You, a fellow Akwaibomite, is scared of VEGETABLES? Our meals are predominantly leafy. Afang, edikaikong, editan, ekpang... How do you cope? Scratch that - what sort of phobia would make you abstain from the best soup in the world, afang?

Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by iamkingzlee(m): 10:36am On Oct 18, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

You, a fellow Akwaibomite, is scared of VEGETABLES? Our meals are predominantly leafy. Afang, edikaikong, editan, ekpang... Who do you cope? Scratch that - what sort of phobia would make you abstain for the best soup in the world, afang?

if i hear sey i no chop Afang grin I keep my phobia away from that one ooo...
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by KingTom(m): 10:40am On Oct 18, 2015
Just number 2 cool
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by iamkingzlee(m): 11:26am On Oct 18, 2015
KingTom:
Just number 2 cool
you dey fear fish shocked i just knew you weren't normal smiley
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
Maybe methyphobia.....

I wonder why the prefix is "methy" it should be something like "hydroxyl"phobia..... Cause of the -OH functional group.
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by KingTom(m): 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
iamkingzlee:
you dey fear fish shocked i just knew you weren't normal smiley
in 1989 I nearly choked on a bone, I have had reservations about fish since then. I still eat smoked fish sardines and dried fish though, Na just fresh fish I dey fear. grin
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
KingTom:
in 1989 I nearly choked on a bone, I have had reservations about fish since then. I still eat smoked fish sardines and dried fish though, Na just fresh fish I dey fear. grin
Hian

Fried nko grin

Likita, longest time
Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
please add fear of beans

1 Like

Re: 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It by KingTom(m): 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Hian

Fried nko grin

Likita, longest time
no tell me say Na nkita you wan call me o shocked yeah whenever I encounter fresh fish, I always fry it. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Dont You Ever See Yourself Eating? / Best Peanut Butter Recipe / How To Prepare Okazi Soup With Egusi (afang Soup And Egusi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.