Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:26 AM

I Dont Know About N500m Defamation Lawsuit Filed Against Me - Olisa Metuh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Dont Know About N500m Defamation Lawsuit Filed Against Me - Olisa Metuh (391 Views)

Defamation: Governor El-Rufai Testifies In Court (Photos) / Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard / Lai Mohammed Slams N500m Defamation Suit On Metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Know About N500m Defamation Lawsuit Filed Against Me - Olisa Metuh by ChuzzyBlog: 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
In case some of you have not heard, APC national publicity secretary Lai Mohammed filed a N500m lawsuit again PDP national publicity secretary, Olisa Metuh, for defamation of character. Mohammed claims that he was defamed in a September 20th press release sent out by Metuh, where he, Metuh, accused Mohammed of embezzling funds meant for the fencing of an airport in one of the APC-controlled states in the South-West and that he collected money to supply ambulances but never did.

Metuh, in the statement, had said he wondered how Lai Mohammed had the audacity to speak on corruption when he was 'a personal aide to one of the most corrupt politicians to ever bestride the political space of the country.”

Metuh has reacted to the reports of the lawsuit, saying he's not aware. His statement after the cut

The attention of the Office of The National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been drawn to reports in some section of the media, suggesting that the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has filed a suit against Chief Olisa Metuh.

The media reports have it that Lai Mohammed instituted a N500 million suit at a Lagos State High Court in Ikeja, seeking compensation for alleged defamation of his person by some issues raised by Chief Olisa Metuh in response to one of his (Mohammed’s) statements.

For the avoidance of doubt, this office wishes to state categorically that Chief Olisa Metuh or any of his lawyers are not aware of any such suit by Lai Mohammed, nor have they been served. Also, none of the newspapers that carried the story published the said suit.

If it is true that any legal action has been instituted, it should not be limited to newspaper reports, unless it is meant for the media, as Chief Metuh is a prominent Nigerian whose office and residential address are well known.

We are very much aware that Lai Mohammed as a ministerial nominee may have been nervous and apprehensive of the requirements of his upcoming screening in the Senate, and as a renown propagandist, may have decided to orchestrate reports of the said suit, to plead subjudice as a defence ostensibly to stop queries by senators on issues of integrity.

This office however, insists that if indeed, Lai Mohammed has instituted any case against Chief Metuh, we charge him to ensure that he prosecutes it to the very end.

Nevertheless, we invite Nigerians to note the relentless attempt by APC leaders, including Lai Mohammed, to threaten, intimidate, harass and cow Chief Metuh into submissive opposition.

Our advice however, to Lai mohammed on the issue of Senate clearance, is that he should not panic, but be humble, as his palm kernel in this regard has already been cracked by a benevolent and forgiving Senate President.

Finally, we counsel Lai Mohammed not to bring his propaganda, divisive and destructive tendencies to national assignment as a minister.

Signed:

Richard Ihediwa
Special Assistant to
PDP National Publicity Secretary

http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2015/10/i-am-not-aware-of-n500m-defamation.html

lalasticlala
Re: I Dont Know About N500m Defamation Lawsuit Filed Against Me - Olisa Metuh by OVI75(m): 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2015
Blv the court wil serve him a court summon.

(1) (Reply)

My Role Models / Court Strikes Out Ladoja’s Appeal, Upholds Ajimobi’s Election / Still On Prof Anthony Anwukah Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.