Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

A Gay Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Gay Governor (2187 Views)

Obama Is A Gay:obama Admits His Wife Is A Transexual Man Named “michael”(lavaugh / Ekweremadu A Gay Prostitute – S/east Group / Stoned To Death For Being A Gay.disturbing Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Gay Governor by ity(m): 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2006
I recently saw Jim McGreevey, the former Governor of New Jersey, on Larry King Live and was impressed by what a difference the truth has made in his life.

McGreevey had stunned the media last year when he announced that he was gay and was resigning from office. He's now telling all: about his relationship with his gay lover, leaving his wife, and the end of his gubernatorial career in a new book called
"The Confession," currently at the top of the best seller lists.

What I found so interesting about McGreevey's appearance is how happy he seems. He radiates a profound inner contentment because he has finally come to terms with the truth in his own life. During the program, he told Larry he is finally at peace, now that he has finally revealed he is gay. He had thought his political career was the most important thing in his life—and had done whatever it took to protect it. In the process, he not only hurt his wife and family, but made himself miserable. When the truth that he was gay could no longer be denied, at first it brought great chaos to his life. But in time, he found a way to a new life of honesty.

McGreevey's story mirrors what I see in my practice and what I write about in my book, "Truth Heals." Sometimes the fear of the truth is so overpowering that we go to extreme lengths to nurture and foster the lie. We protect the lie, at great expense to ourselves. But facing our own truth allows us to live the life we were always meant to live.

The truth healed Jim McGreevey. I believe it can heal anyone who is willing to acknowledge it.

In the spirit of healing,

1 Like

Re: A Gay Governor by Douzy(m): 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2006
Do I understand that you are now asking all the gays (in Nigeria especially) to fall over one another in the bid to come out and be at peace with themselves (cos you could have used another example)?
Re: A Gay Governor by PencilBox: 1:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
undecided how d hell did this made front page? Abeg who get desktop charger?

(1) (Reply)

State House Spends 1.34 Million Per Week On Food / First Man Gej Disembarking From Plane / Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.