Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees (38769 Views)

Senate Suspends Screening of Ministerial Nominees / Photos From The Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Today (Pics) / Buhari Sends Second Batch Of Ministerial List To The Senate (PIX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by dunkem21(m): 4:35pm On Oct 13, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Who is T.Orji to ask questions?
Gerrahere mehn! What was his own policy in terms of 'collapsing Aba' ?

Long time ..
..I dey vex personally for T.A Orji ..
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by HCF(m): 4:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
MizMyColi:
Anyone please.

What is the name of the woman who questioned Amina J. Mohammed on what she intends to do about Buhari's apparent indifference to women in governance?

She is Biodun Olujinmi. She represents Ekiti south Senatorial district. She is a former deputy Governor of the State.
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by Jesusloveyou: 4:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
stancydg:
I am watching with utter dismay the ongoing charade tagged screening by our senators, where assumptions(which I understand to be the lowest level of knowledge) is the order of the day. Imaginary portfolios have bn assigned to the candidates in a process that otherwise should have been a detailed, precise and coincise interview of the nominees. This goes to show the lack of depth of thought of our leaders, beginning from our President, who took so long to come up with this list without corresponding reasons to show for the time taken. In a serious clime, where the change mantra has been spuriously bandied, the nominees should be making to the nation today, precise presentations of their solutions to the challenges in their assigned but yet to be confirmed ministries. In a serious nation, the senate should forward that list back to the presidency requesting more details to enable her carry out a thorough process, as soon as Senator Ben Bruce described the process as based on assumptions and a danger. I am so grossly disappointed because these nominees will take a bow today and go ahead to again require another six to twelve months, just like their principal, to first and foremost understand their portfolios, when it is eventually assigned before even coming up with blueprints to tackling the various challenges. And the masses will have to wait almost until the electioneering year, which by the way is less than 36months from now, to experience this elusive change. Going by history, nothing much is usually done in the electioneering year in terms of development. So sad hearing a lot of 'ifs' during this sham tagged screening.

Here is our call to duty, as great minds to take action beyond the rhetorics of our grand independence day events, to push this failure of leadership in the face of our government and to suggest practical methods, ideas and concepts of doing things in a series of ways that will bring about the desired change. Otherwise, we ourselves will be grand hypocrites that talk more and act less.
u are disappointed because u don't have what to wail about, my amiable PMB take u unaware, u were not expecting d names in 2nd batch, and u also think d sin-ator wil reject many of d nominees, ur hope were dash, take chiles to quench ur nerves

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by naijamade01: 4:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
[color=#990000][/color][quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=38947472]The Senate once again proved that they are nothing but glorified rubber stamp[/quote

Were you expecting the senate to reject the nominees from been screened?
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
dunkem21:

Long time ..

..I dey vex personally for T.A Orji ..

I dey vex pass you. This just revealed the mediocrity of the Senate to an extent. I wish they can be screened too, I want to see what T.Orji would say.

Imagine T.Orji asking questions on policy? In saner climes, he should hide behind those pressmen.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by j4sure(m): 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
ok
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by Ephemmm: 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Senate once again proved that they are nothing but glorified rubber stamp

When Saraki gained the seat of Senate Presidency, the likes of you were rejoicing as if he is even arrogated much power than the PMB. It is now clear to you now that he is like a toothless dog that cannot bite.

Let him mess up with President and see how cases hanging around his neck will be expedite which will no doubt lead to his removal: he has no choice than to embrace carrot and stick approach at worst.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by arrange: 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
the nominees ar being ask base on there CV.thus,enhance d disguish senators to assumed a portfolios for them.
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
ikorodureporta:

..u 2 shld know tradition na...1st tin 1st-wey cake?
lol. av given it to lalasticlala
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
ikorodureporta:

..u 2 shld know tradition na...1st tin 1st-wey cake?
lol. av given it to lalasticlala to share it
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by bummyla(m): 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by dunkem21(m): 4:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by nigeriancuban: 4:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
stancydg:
I am watching with utter dismay the ongoing charade tagged screening by our senators, where assumptions(which I understand to be the lowest level of knowledge) is the order of the day. Imaginary portfolios have bn assigned to the candidates in a process that otherwise should have been a detailed, precise and coincise interview of the nominees. This goes to show the lack of depth of thought of our leaders, beginning from our President, who took so long to come up with this list without corresponding reasons to show for the time taken. In a serious clime, where the change mantra has been spuriously bandied, the nominees should be making to the nation today, precise presentations of their solutions to the challenges in their assigned but yet to be confirmed ministries. In a serious nation, the senate should forward that list back to the presidency requesting more details to enable her carry out a thorough process, as soon as Senator Ben Bruce described the process as based on assumptions and a danger. I am so grossly disappointed because these nominees will take a bow today and go ahead to again require another six to twelve months, just like their principal, to first and foremost understand their portfolios, when it is eventually assigned before even coming up with blueprints to tackling the various challenges. And the masses will have to wait almost until the electioneering year, which by the way is less than 36months from now, to experience this elusive change. Going by history, nothing much is usually done in the electioneering year in terms of development. So sad hearing a lot of 'ifs' during this sham tagged screening.

Here is our call to duty, as great minds to take action beyond the rhetorics of our grand independence day events, to push this failure of leadership in the face of our government and to suggest practical methods, ideas and concepts of doing things in a series of ways that will bring about the desired change. Otherwise, we ourselves will be grand hypocrites that talk more and act less.
you are out off point just like the people giving you likes

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by Gogetta(m): 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
MizMyColi:
Anyone please.

What is the name of the woman who questioned Amina J. Mohammed on what she intends to do about Buhari's apparent indifference to women in governance?

Abiodun Olujimi, former Ekiti deputy governor.
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by LastProphet: 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
drss:
Apart from amina mohammed who is more credible, all d rest dem na**** ogbpakako materials.
infact liar mohammed was asked to bow n go cos dem senate know say d guy empty for head completely. Na only lies remain for him brain. Dem no wan make e disgrace dem with more lies.

You are a bloody pathetic liar! Barr Ocholi is well known to me and you and your father will be lucky if you score half his mark in any exam, bloody wailer!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by bejeria101(m): 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
Take a bow n go? You call dat a screening? Naija i tire for you biko!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by MizMyColi(f): 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2015
Gogetta:
Abiodun Olujimi, former Ekiti deputy governor.

Thank you.
I think I like her already!

Will read up on her later.
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by drss(m): 5:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
Aminat508:
we rock cool cool
no be u hin dey refer to. grin
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by drss(m): 5:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
nobeku:
Lai Mohammed was not even asked any pertinent question..The house was dazzled by his presence.That guy is one smart old cock..
smart D guy na empty head.
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by ibisko04: 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
MizMyColi:
Anyone please.

Abiodun Olujimi from Ekiti
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by MizMyColi(f): 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibisko04:

Abiodun Olujimi from Ekiti

Thanks.
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Senate once again proved that they are nothing but glorified rubber stamp

and thus continues or dismal descent into unfathomable sorrow after 55 years. BLACKMAN IS SIN personified
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by kemus: 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
nigeriancuban:
if u cant come up with a better argument to counter wat he said just shut up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by liyahwillie(f): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
mactoni91:
LAI MOHAMMED...
Still giving pdp nightmares even in the senate's hallow chamber...
Man gather mind o!
Hehehehe...
Ah swear...
CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI, bow and go!
Hit the like button if u think LAI MOHAMMED gave the wailers food for thought...
Chibuike rotimi ameachi the lion of ubima

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by uncolonised(m): 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
Sometimes I don't get how we so called youths think, I like buhari a lot cos of his personality but sometimes we must look at the bigger picture as regards to national issues. I am neither pdp nor apc but I find it disturbing that a minister who is suppose to be a solver of our national problems is asked to bow and go at a screening, while a youth applying for a post of common cleaner is asked series of difficult questions at an interview and many of us are hear rejoicing.
Then again I think the change nigeria truly need is in mindset and to always look at the bigger picture of things.
This people we are killing ourselves over don't really care about us but themselves, I find it disturbing that a fellow who has failed at a previous administration or at a previous national position is being giving more position and am not limiting this to the ministerial nominees but also most of our so called members of the two houses.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by Pavarottii(m): 5:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
stancydg:

God bless u for these post. Am in my mid 20's and I told somebody this same thing. He was shocked that someone at this age. He is knowledgeable like this. I know the zombies will shy away from the truth u just said. May God continue to make u think more and fight for the truth.

Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by ruggedtimi(m): 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
the list season two
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by Pavarottii(m): 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
nigeriancuban:
following wat he said, and u say he is out of point, please tell me the point if he is out of it? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by shidof(m): 5:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
Aminat508:
we rock cool cool
hahahha! Aminatu....Mek i take cover
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by arsenal33: 6:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
dunkem21:
Though the second list looks more like it, there is no justification whatsoever for wasting almost six months to get this task done..

..The Senate itself has not deviated from the same take a bow approach ..

..We need young vibrant men that will take this nation to envious heights .. and pay our elders N50k monthly to watch and give their opinions ..

name the young ones nah
Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by texazzpete(m): 6:06pm On Oct 13, 2015
stancydg:

Why not summarize this inane rant and plainly state why you dislike this present administration?

You sycophants have had your turn to mismanage this country. Please let a serious President work to save Nigeria.

Continue wailing sha. It'll be a long 3.5 years for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees by sonssyo: 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
Nigerian' s don't known what they want self grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Remembrance Of Tunde Idiagbon By Kunle Idiagbon / Saraki, Tambuwal, Ortom Get First PDP Assignment / Buhari Vs Atiku: Ben Nwabueze Storms Court In Wheelchair To Represent Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.