Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! (1826 Views)

Please I Need Urgent Advice As I Need To Buy A New Car / Pls Peep I Need Urgent Advice On Toyota Musle 2002 / CAR PLATE NUMBER, A PRETTY EX-WIFE NEED URGENT HELP.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by drkay(m): 10:08pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hello house, am about to pay for a car tomorrow, a registered Mazda mpv sport owned by an area brother who resides abroad. The car was registered in 2012 and was used for a short period. he has since left the country and left the car unused, hence no renewal of licence up till date. I have never bought a Nigerian used car before and I don't know if am going to pass through any huddle to update the papers in my name. Somebody said that it's better I get a change of ownership once and for all and it's gonna solve the problem, how true is this? The other clarifications I need include: how reliable are these mpv sports? Am buying it because of bad roads and lil flood along my house, my Corolla sport need to rest for the rest of this raining season, (2) how much do I get tinted glass permit? Somebody suggested 15k, (3) am paying 570k for it(1999 model I think), too expensive? I await and I'll appreciate your advice, thanks
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:43pm On Oct 13, 2015
drkay:
Hello house, am about to pay for a car tomorrow, a registered Mazda mpv sport owned by an area brother who resides abroad. The car was registered in 2012 and was used for a short period. he has since left the country and left the car unused, hence no renewal of licence up till date. I have never bought a Nigerian used car before and I don't know if am going to pass through any huddle to update the papers in my name. Somebody said that it's better I get a change of ownership once and for all and it's gonna solve the problem, how true is this? The other clarifications I need include: how reliable are these mpv sports? Am buying it because of bad roads and lil flood along my house, my Corolla sport need to rest for the rest of this raining season, (2) how much do I get tinted glass permit? Somebody suggested 15k, (3) am paying 570k for it(1999 model I think), too expensive? I await and I'll appreciate your advice, thanks

Parts are not easy to get.

Personally I hate the design, it's boxy. Not friendly to fix.

Mazdas are nice cars...... gazzuzz first car was a Mazda, but I'll never go near one in the near future.
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by mayor2013: 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
drkay:

If am to fix or change the radiator fan only of that ride. tongue. I told a colleague yesterday that the engine design was a mistake
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by drkay(m): 4:51am On Oct 14, 2015
mayor2013:

If am to fix or change the radiator fan only of that ride. tongue. I told a colleague yesterday that the engine design was a mistake
So, it's not really a nice car right? Any specific problem associated with it? I can still change my mind at the moment o. I came here because I need a honest opinion.
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by DGD1(m): 7:38am On Oct 14, 2015
drkay:

So, it's not really a nice car right? Any specific problem associated with it? I can still change my mind at the moment o. I came here because I need a honest opinion.

Not anywhere close to being nice.
consider other options naa
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by kingreign(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2015
Mazda MPV= One useless boxy vehicle where in you press throttle pedal, it produces great amount of noise level with little corresponding acceleration.
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by FlyboyZee: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2015
kingreign:
Mazda MPV= One useless boxy vehicle where in you press throttle pedal, it produces great amount of noise level with little corresponding acceleration.
Could it be worse than the Nissan Almera Tino in that department?

If you floor the accelerator pedal, all you hear is a high rev noise like mosquitoes holding a congressional meeting where all of them are whining at the same time with little commensurate motion to show for it. Thank goodness its outta my garage now...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by kingreign(m): 9:30am On Oct 14, 2015
FlyboyZee:

If you floor the accelerator pedal, all you hear is a high rev noise like mosquitoes holding a congressional meeting where all of them are whining at the same time with little commensurate motion to show for it. Thank goodness its outta my garage now...
kikikikikikiki
bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin chai people have suffered noisy throttle and no movement o! My brother thank God your ministry have moved from a shop to block of flats, its going to the permanent site. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by drkay(m): 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Thank you all for your advice, God bless you. I went to make the 'payment' in company of my mechanic friend who checked the car in and out. He didn't only discourage me from buying the car, he bundled me back into my car and drove me back home without allowing me to say anything. On getting home, he said "am disappointed that you of all ppl took me to inspect that thing, call me when you see a car" . I think I'll have to chill for a while. I'll be buying Siena.

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by kingreign(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
drkay:
Thank you all for your advice, God bless you. I went to make the 'payment' in company of my mechanic friend who checked the car in and out. He didn't only discourage me from buying the car, he bundled me back into my car and drove me back home without allowing me to say anything. On getting home, he said "am disappointed that you of all ppl took me to inspect that thing, call me when you see a car" . I think I'll have to chill for a while. I'll be buying Siena.
falls from Kilimanjaro mountain. hehehehegrin
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by kolnel: 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
Contrary to other opinions
I been using mine for over three years
To me it's reliable even more than my accord
Parts are cheap
The only issues mechanics don't find it easy to work on and that's synonymous with all Mazda
The fan, radiator and the front bumper are cramped up
Yes it has a low torque for a v6 engine,
I will still take it over sienna
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
kolnel:
Contrary to other opinions
I been using mine for over three years
To me it's reliable even more than my accord
Parts are cheap
The only issues mechanics don't find it easy to work on and that's synonymous with all Mazda
The fan, radiator and the front bumper are cramped up
Yes it has a low torque for a v6 engine,
I will still take it over sienna

Talk true o..........

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN4WT24lp69BZLNiUN_hgRxWPt_EmQYvPai9azGjFN3F2Wg8eYBA[/img]

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlNTJ64XfUOs-wPqpsdgfVa_Kosa_86FCbqaX_Rb4wBHaTnwOiIw[/img]

Look again talk true.....
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by kingreign(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Talk true o..........

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN4WT24lp69BZLNiUN_hgRxWPt_EmQYvPai9azGjFN3F2Wg8eYBA[/img]

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlNTJ64XfUOs-wPqpsdgfVa_Kosa_86FCbqaX_Rb4wBHaTnwOiIw[/img]

Look again talk true.....

that Mazda MPV engine dey shout "muuuu muuuuu" like cattle wey dey purge jedijedi
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by drkay(m): 5:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
kingreign:

that Mazda MPV engine dey shout "muuuu muuuuu" like cattle wey dey purge jedijedi
Lolz, you are very right.
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by kolnel: 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
@ Oga gazuss
As much as I respect your knowledge about cars
This is as much my personal experience and personal opinion
Meanwhile the Mazda pix you posted is the first generation, we are talking about 99, 2000

And that muuuuuu sound is only on gear one and two once you are on gear 3 it roars like a lion

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by mili3kid(m): 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
chai....nairaland peeps shaaaa making me laff since 1904
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by Ishilove: 5:48am On Dec 31, 2016
FlyboyZee:

I love the way you express yourself
Re: I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls! by diportivo: 10:14am On Dec 31, 2016
FlyboyZee:

It could be that ur almera tino is the one with a CVT

If it is,u can press with elephantiasis leg sef,it won't be prompt

Uv moved on sha.....2010 pilot touring things wink

(1) (Reply)

Volkswagen Golf 3 For Sale In Abuja / Help! Information About Bolt(formerly Taxify) / Lubex Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.