Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) (30432 Views)

2016 Maltina Teacher Of The Year Competition Application Ongoing / Apply For The Maltina Teacher Of The Year Award 2016-see Steps For Application / Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Kamsified: 3:22am On Oct 14, 2015
While we believe that teachers' reward is in heaven, Maltina is giving them advance here on earth. wink
Big congrats to the winners

[/quote]ANAMBRA TEACHER WINS MALTINA TEACHER-OF-THE-YEAR
The quest for the best teacher in public secondary schools in Nigeria came to a glorious end at a grand ceremony in Lagos on Monday as a 37 year-old teacher from Anambra State, Mrs. Rose Nkemdili Obi emerged winner of the maiden edition of the Maltina Teacher-of-the-Year.
The award instituted by Maltina, the non-alcoholic malt brand from the staple of Nigerian Breweries Plc, is courtesy of Nigerian Breweries-Felix Ohiwerei Education Trust Fund. It is aimed at restoring the pride of teachers and the dignity of the teaching profession.
[b]Obi, who is equally a daughter of a teacher, teaches Mathematics and Chemistry at Federal Government College, FGC Onitsha. The year 2000 graduate of Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka, Anambra State beat nine other finalists to the coveted prize. The ten finalists who slugged it out at the final lap, were winners from Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Benue, Borno, Delta, Ebonyi, Imo, Lagos, Ogun and Oyo States.
The first runner-up was Mrs. Binta Mohammed Lawan of Federal Government College Maiduguri, Borno State, in the war ravaged North East, while her counterpart from Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Daniel Sunday Udiong emerged as the second runner-up.
For their effort, the national winner got one million naira and another five hundred thousand naira for being among the ten finalists. Aside this, another one million naira will be paid into her account annually for five years. Obi will also be sent abroad for professional training on the bill of the sponsors.
The first runner-up got one million naira plus another five hundred thousand naira finalists’ prize money, while the second runner-up took seven hundred and fifty naira and another five hundred thousand naira for getting to the finals. Meanwhile, Federal Government College Onitsha, the school that produces the national winner has also become an instant beneficiary of a block of six classrooms.[/b]
Speaking after her declaration as the winner, Obi, who spoke ex-tempore for more than ten minutes, dedicated her victory to God and her fellow teachers. He also thanked the Nigerian Breweries, the sponsor of the award, for the great honour and motivation done to teachers and the teaching profession. “Teaching is a noble profession, it is a calling, it is a commitment to building the nation. I thank God today for my life, and I thank the Nigerian Breweries for restoring the dignity and pride of teachers,” she said.
In his welcome remark, the Managing Director of Nigerian Breweries, Mr. Nicolaas Vervelde explained that the company operates with a philosophy of “winning with Nigeria” and has championed causes that add value to the society since its inception in 1946. “In 1994, we raised the profile of our support of the education sector when we established the Nigerian Breweries-Felix Ohiwerei Education Trust Fund to enable us to contribute to the development of the sector. Everywhere in the world, teachers play a vital role in sustainable national development by training, coaching and modelling which is critical to determining the quality of education, “ he said.
He added that the valid entries received were subjected to an intensive selection and judging process by an independent, external panel of judges to ensure transparency, credibility and objectivity.
The Panel of Judges comprised eminent Nigerian academics and professionals, was chaired by Prof. Pat Utomi, Founder/CEO, Centre for Values in Leadership. Others include: Mrs. Mopelola O. Omoegun, Professor of Education, University of Lagos; Prof. Thomas I. Ofuya, Vice Chancellor, Wellspring University and Member, Committee of Vice Chancellors of Nigerian Universities; as well as Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi, Chairman, Editorial Board, ThisDay Newspapers. Other members are: Dr. (Mrs.) Abdulrahman [center]Binta[/center] Fatima, National President, All-Nigeria Confederation of Principals of Secondary Schools; and Professor Tijjani Abubakar, Dean, Faculty of Education, Ahmadu Bello University.

[quote]

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Maltina-Teacher-Of-The-Year/1660333010867931

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Kamsified: 3:45am On Oct 14, 2015
Ishilove, lalasticlala and oga Seun una good morning o cheesy
Pls show some love to our hardworking teachers

More pics

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by freez2ryme(m): 3:51am On Oct 14, 2015
NWA ADA I was certain she must come frm "THE LAND OF THE LANDING SUN"

47 Likes

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Behira(f): 4:01am On Oct 14, 2015
Congrats to her

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by donholy28(m): 4:33am On Oct 14, 2015
Congratulations to her but i know many teachers that also deserve this

4 Likes

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by madridguy(m): 4:36am On Oct 14, 2015
Una don start ?

freez2ryme:
NWA ADA
I was certain she must come frm "THE LAND OF THE LANDING SUN"

14 Likes

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 14, 2015
Awww God bless our teachers
Teachers are like our second parents but sadly they're the last to get our attention

Wonderful initiative by Maltina

3 Likes

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Descartes: 5:26am On Oct 14, 2015
It was rigged. We the sophisticated ones and our slave masters will contest the award cos it was not in accordance with laid down rules of such competition in addition to the company's policy.

2 Likes

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by 0taPiaPia(m): 5:41am On Oct 14, 2015
kudos to her
Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by flyca: 6:08am On Oct 14, 2015
All hail my Alma Mater kiss

2 Likes

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 14, 2015
Some teachers are beginning to get their reward on earth. I wonder who even invented "the reward of teachers in heaven"?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Chanchit: 6:35am On Oct 14, 2015
Descartes:
It was rigged. We the sophisticated ones and our slave masters will contest the award cos it was not in accordance with laid down rules of such competition in addition to the company's policy.
freez2ryme:
NWA ADA
I was certain she must come frm "THE LAND OF THE LANDING SUN"
Descartes:

I wonder when you guys would also be useful to the land of the rising sun instead of constitution public nuisance here.

Congrats to the winner, its a laudable initiative from maltina.

14 Likes

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Aromas: 6:40am On Oct 14, 2015
donholy28:
Congratulations to her but i know many teachers that also deserve this
Yeah many teachers deserves this but remember the word of God Grace

8 Likes

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by softvio(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2015
Yeah, Congrat to her....
Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by kingbasil: 7:33am On Oct 14, 2015
Aromas:

Yeah many teachers deserves this but remember the word of God Grace

Bruv your head is there...

3 Likes

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Aromas: 7:42am On Oct 14, 2015
kingbasil:

Bruv your head is there...
Thanks bro....... May God bless our hustle

1 Like

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 14, 2015
Descartes:

Did u read to see the people that were involved the selection

3 Likes

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by California30(m): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2015
She's cute though.
With the way her teeth is set up, i won't let me give me a blow-job.

1 Like

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by MizFrances(f): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2015
Nice
Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Lincoln275(m): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by otijah(m): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2015
Kudos to you ma
Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by NinaArsenal(f): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by kennyman2000(m): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2015
kudos to her
Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Sijo01(f): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2015
She's cute. Beauty and brain personified.
Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by omusiliyu(m): 8:12am On Oct 14, 2015
Congrats to her.

NANCN
Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by shegelu: 8:12am On Oct 14, 2015
Congrats
Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by kelvyn7: 8:12am On Oct 14, 2015
shocked

holding of chalk or marker can still bring fame to someone

1 Like

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by saintkel(m): 8:13am On Oct 14, 2015
I am ready to be a teacher. Ist question, y should a doctor and police oFficer earn more dan our hardworking teachers?

1 Like

Re: Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) by Kamsified: 8:13am On Oct 14, 2015
Teachers are hardworkers indeed and deserve to be encouraged

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gang Leader Sleeps With Secondary School Girls To Initiate Them / Fatima Iliasu Graduates With 1st Class From University Of Surrey, UK (Photos) / Pix : Meet The Man Who Invented/Started Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.