Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,226 members, 7,807,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List (60299 Views)

Buhari Dropped The Mic With A Bang And Walked Out On Chibok Parents – Yesufu / Buhari Withdraws Ibeto From Ministerial List - Vanguard / Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by GOATandYAMtheory: 12:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
Strong indications emerged on Wednesday, that President Muhammadu Buhari may have withdrawn the name of immediate past Deputy Governor of Niger State, Ahmed Musa Ibeto from his ministerial list.

Ahmed Musa Ibeto

Vanguard can exclusively report that President Buhari has earlier sent a letter to the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, notifying him of the withdrawal of Ibeto.

The letter Vanguard gathered from an authoritative source will be read on the floor of the Senate before screening commences on Wednesday.
Ibeto made the first batch of 21 ministerial nominees sent to the Senate President by Buhari on September 30.

However, Vanguard gathered last night that the withdrawal of Ibeto’s name may not be unconnected to the fact that like Ibeto, another ministerial nominee, Abubakar Bawa Bwari, who was among the second batch of 16 nominees announced by Senate President yesterday, also hails from Niger State.

See the full profile of Ahmed Musa Ibeto here 
According to Vanguard’s background check, Abubakar Bawa Bwari popularly called ABB by his admirers was born on 4th November 1963 in Tafa Local Government Area of Niger State.
He was elected as a member of the Federal House of Representatives, representing Suleja/Gurara/Tafa Federal Constituency in 1998 and subsequently became Chief Whip of the House, a position where he served meritoriously over a period spanning 1999-2007.

Abubakar Bawa Bwari

See the full profile of Abubakar Bawa Bwari here
Meanwhile, when contacted last night to clarify the mix-up on why two nominees hail from Niger State, the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, Mr. Femi Adesina said: “The names of ministerial nominees President Muhammadu Buhari has sent to the Senate for screening, had no states of origin attached to them. As soon as the President does that, it will be made public.”

With Ibeto reportedly dropped, the total number of ministerial nominees now stands at 36 instead of 37.

Confirming this development via his Twitter handle @bukolasaraki, the Senate President in a tweet yesterday evening said: “Today, I presided over the screening and confirmation of 10 of the 36 Ministers nominated by President Muhammadu.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/why-buhari-dropped-niger-ministerial-nominee-ahmed-ibeto/

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by midolian(m): 12:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
Been expecting this..

Cc: lalasticlala, Modath
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by modath(f): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
FcT has none, Niger had 2, something had to give.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
God I pray...Do not let me lose my appointment and blessing in order to balance the Norm.

Let the rules bend for my success oh Lord.

190 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by GOATandYAMtheory: 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
Where is EgusiSoup? undecided
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Rilwayne001: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
cool
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Reekadict04: 12:40pm On Oct 14, 2015
angry
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Na lie because he said earlier that he can even pick 2 ministers from 1 state so my own opinion is that buhari is a driver and the man as a passenger don't have change so as early morning things na en no wan fight that's y he droped the man grin

12 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Yinkahlite(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Okk
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by worlexy(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
One thing I notice about this government is its instability, says something today, denies it tomorrow. Appoints someone today, changes mind tomorrow. I think that is an attribute of someone who thinks after acting as against the reasonable way of thinking before acting. This govt is confused.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Segadem(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Can someone from PH confirm this, is it true that Nelson Wike was a local council chairman before Amaechi brought him to the state house?

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by omusiliyu(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
A good lesson for Ibeto...

He conspired against ALIYU Babangida and PDP last year.

What a big ignominy to him.

ALIYU will be like grin grin grin grin now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Lincoln275(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by braine(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
smiley
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
U

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Segadem(m): 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
drss:
Say sometin today, deny it tomorrow. Ban crude oil shippers today, unban dem tomorrow. name minister today, withdraw him tomorrow. Hallmarks of a complete dullaaard.
a dullard? yet he's chosen to be your president, then your state must be worst compared to that of "a dullard".

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by qualityovenbake(m): 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
One has to give way, Niger state can only produce one minister.
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by doctortope(m): 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by thefakestan: 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
Listening to.......... shocked

ThefakeStan
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by HAH: 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
modath:

Is FCT a state ? FCT was created from then Kwara, Plateau, Kaduna and Niger state, at the point of creation indigent were asked to relocate to other parts of state they were carved from an example is Sabon wuse in Niger who were the original inhabitants of Wuse.

As it is FCT indigent are baring the consequences of their action by refusing to relocate to a state. FCT remains a federal capital that any citizen can claim.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Leyemoshood: 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by meforyou1(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
modath:

Niger has 1. Ibeto from Niger State has been dropped and replaced with bawa bwari
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by bonechamberlain(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
trial government.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by otunbakplu(m): 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
Make I buy dis pices of land...before the price go appricate .....THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SALE,BEWARE OF 419,YAHOO BOYS,SCAMMER(WHAT ELSEy

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by doublewisdom: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
So Buhari no check well before he start the nominations? Na old age dey worry that kunu guzzling fellow.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by zicoraads: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
This is sad, for Ibeto at least. I mean, his family and friends must have celebrated his nomination. I wonder how they will feel now that this has happened.

Except, maybe he has been promised something else. But that's none of my business anyway.
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by sltn(m): 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
have nothing to say!!
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by kayo80(m): 12:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi Finally Speaks On Jonathan's Defeat By Buhari / Governor Wike Greets Peter Obi During PDP Primaries In Anambra (Photos) / Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.