Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,147 members, 7,780,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:29 AM

The Evil Effect Of Godfatherism In Nigeria Politice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Evil Effect Of Godfatherism In Nigeria Politice (9977 Views)

Anambra PDP Candidate, Peter Obi And Return Of Godfatherism In Anambra Politics / FG Appointments: Era Of `godfatherism’ Over – Lai Mohammed / The Long History Of "Godfatherism" In Nigeria Since Time Immemorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Evil Effect Of Godfatherism In Nigeria Politice by Ayomivic(m): 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
The Evil Effects of Godfatherism in Nigeria politice

Now that this country has a president who realy understood corruption as major problem of this nation and realy ready to battle it for the betterment of this country and its citizens. I think it is right time we point to some activities of some Nigeria politicians that does not do this country any good but instead aim at collapsing the country or state.

You will agree with me that corruption as not metioned if we are mentioned the corrupt practices in governance of this country without mentioned godfatherism as corrupt practice. Godfatherism is a corruption in highest order.
I know many of us does not see big deal in been a godfather to somebody in politice and this is the reason i want to reavel the evil of godfather in politic of nigeria and to remind President Muhammadu Buhari not to leave this corrupt practice of godferism behinde as he was busy fighting the others corrupt practices.

According to me, I define political godfatherism in nigeria as an act of which someone who think he has influence, power, popularity and finacial capability put another person in political position as a diguise to control or govern that political seat.
The reason some people does not see any bad in political godfather is becouse they thought the godfather just help or offer assistance for someone political ambition but i am telling you its beyoned that.

EVIL EFFECT OF GODFATHER ON THE COUNTRY OR STATE

Below are the areas in which act of Godfather has effect on the country or state

1. Snatching of the right of other citizens :-
Political post is not like a royal or kinship tittle inwhich one or two families have right to throne or cheif tittle. Every citizens of this country have right to contest for post of his choice but godfather had snatched this right for their family alone. take for instance Dr Abubarka Olusola Saraki that big politician and the father of Abubarka Olusola Saraki. We all know is the countroler of kwara politice during his live time he determine who will be who. He put Adamuata, Sahaba lafigi, Muhammed Lawal on the seat of Governor but when they wanted to prove their right they have dispute which later led to him instal his biological son of the seat. Today Kwara is just like a company to the family of Baba Saraki, all they need is manager who can not goes beyond Director rules.

2 go to any state that was rule by godfather and tell me if there is any development in that state. Go to kwara State if there is anything to show up being one of the first twelve state created still no development. How can there be any development when the manager says this way and Director says that way. When the (godfather) the man under shade have certain percentage to be collected in the state allocation won't the man who know he may not have another oppotunity after that take his own share from allocation instead of spending money on one project?

3 Protection of power- Remember i said power, popularity ,financial capability and influence, are their tools use to control and installed people of their choice in power .So, they make sure nobody withine their state get those thing so that they cannot challange their authority. During the last Election in Kwara some people said that Sulaiman Ajibola did not do any thing in his constituence in his three term as senator from kwara South (good for him) and asked these people someone did nothing first term you vote for him ,he did nothing Second term you still voted for him, he did nothing third term you stil voted for him .The replied that it was Baba Saraki that put him there, i then told them that if he did nothing for his people he surely do something for his godther if not he would not allowed him again.
Look at what hapened to those they nominated for minister in the past, when the sence the are getting money and influeces they were called back home or demote them Bio Muhammed and Atunwa are the perfect example for that. I dont think someone who has financial capability but not in government post can be allowed to help provide amenities such as bore hole for some communities. They wouldnt allow him so that he would not get poppular for people to know him. Is that the kind of politice we want in our country?
I am happy for you Lai Muhammed for being chose as Minister not because one Godfather nominates you but because you are chose base on merit. Keep on fly higher Sir. kwarans is proud of you.

PROVE THAT GODFATHERISM IS EVIL ARE THESE.

President Muhammadu Buhari had proved to us that political godfatherism is an evil act. We all know that some politician help PBM financialy during the last Election that saw him through as Nigeria President, but during his inaguration as President PMB whent ahead to say "iam for everybody iam for nobody " which to me mean i can be approached by anybody but i can be contro or manupulate by any one. That is to say dont say i do this for him for that reason i will share the seat with him. Buhari did not bargain with presidency seat but he reward those that worked for him base on merit.He did not jeopardice the right of citizens or rob them of dividends of democracy that they have righ to. If he trade with it ,he would have allow some gluttony politicians to nominate ministers for him.

Also, Senate President Bukola Saraki proved to us that godfatherism is corrutption when his party said he should stand down for Lawal as Senate President he prove to them that he can not be controlled or deprive of his right. It is painful that what Bukola can not tolorates or what he sees as evil, is what he is doing for other in Kwara

WHAT NEED TO BE DONE

The senate should make a law that would forbid the act of godfatherism in Nigeri if truely they are for people, if truly they are for change.

The President should find a way to look into the activities of Governors in this country. President should look at the way they use the allocation sending to their state becouse if President is good but the Governors are bad the activitis of president may not show.
Re: The Evil Effect Of Godfatherism In Nigeria Politice by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
What a nice post from the OP, but the truth is that godfatherism cant be eradicated in our political system, if u want it to be eradicated then people like OBASANJOR, TINUBU AND CO needs to be eradicated as well, the truth is that godfatherism is not the problem, the problem is the man called godfatherism, what needs to be done is to eradicated the evil godfathers that have and will continue to milk this country dry,eg TINUBU AND OBASANJOR and co. "that way the country will be free of evil godfatherism, but situation of godfatherism cant be eradicated, its everywhere in EUROPE,ASIA AND AMERICA. "all that is needed are good godfathers that have the love and interest of the country in their hearts. "lalasticlala
Re: The Evil Effect Of Godfatherism In Nigeria Politice by mikolo80: 5:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
did anybody stop op from becoming a benevolent godfather
how many party meetings have you attended
do you know your lga chairman's name
is it saraki fault that all the educated learns ran to lagos
why can't they use their own money and salary to vet popularity
must you have money to be popular
is it you that will make the Senate make a law making godfatherism illegal. na so e easy to make
show me the certificate of godfatherism
Abi na receipt u go take prove ur case in court
joker

Ayomivic

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army, Govt Offices Owe N60 Billion In Electricity Bills’ / Anambra Elections: IG Orders Arrest Of Politicians, Others Inciting Populace / Lagos Protesters Gathering At The Afrikan Shrine, Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.