Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? (2942 Views)

Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! / 12 Phrases You Wil NEVER Get Unless You Learnt How To Drive In Nigeria. / What Happens Once Ones Temporary Driver's License Expired? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by Frankaka8(m): 5:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
Lost my temporal license in a wallet. Now i received an sms to come collect the permanent one. I need advise as my only proof is the sms.
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by delait: 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
The way I see you you may loose the sms b4 going for the permanent one

2 Likes

Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by Whizpeter(m): 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hmmmm... I'm here to learn too...
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by Marpol: 6:09am On Oct 15, 2015
Get a police report.
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:23am On Oct 15, 2015
Frankaka8:
Lost my temporal license in a wallet. Now i received an sms to come collect the permanent one. I need advise as my only proof is the sms.

Go there with extra 1k or a recharge card.

A police report might work but it's a long thing.
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by Frankaka8(m): 8:47pm On Oct 15, 2015
Police Report is way too harsh o.
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by Bright2(m): 9:46am On Oct 16, 2015
When you get to the licence office there's a noticed pasted on the wall where you can send your details to a phone code you will find on that sheet,it will send you another sms that contains your data on that phone number you used when filling your licence form but you will be charged N50 for the sms

or they will give you some computer print out to sort out your name of which when you find your name on that list, they will pick the number there & sort it out fast for you cos that number on the list contain the box number where your licence is.

Yes! You can get your licence without the temporary one, just go to the licence office even if you go to court or police you will still undergo that process stated above.

4 Likes

Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by Readonee35L(m): 10:06am On Oct 16, 2015
Bright2:
When you get to the licence office there's a noticed pasted on the wall where you can send your details to a phone code you will find on that sheet,it will send you another sms that contains your data on that phone number you used when filling your licence form but you will be charged N50 for the sms

or they will give you some computer print out to sort out your name of which when you find your name on that list, they will pick the number there & sort it out fast for you cos that number on the list contain the box number where your licence is.

Yes! You can get your licence without the temporary one, just go to the licence office even if you go to court or police you will still undergo that process stated above.
Thank you very much.
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
When i collected my permanent license, they did not request for the temporary. I don't think there should be a problem.
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by emdafe: 10:15am On Oct 18, 2015
The temporary card is not a requirement to collect the original, just go with the sms sent to you. That is all you need. That is my experience
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by chikenicholas(m): 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2015
You will require a police report to collect the permanent
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by mabeni(m): 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
Bright2:

sir, what happens if one is being apprehended /caught by frsc driving with expired temporary driver's license?
How punishable is the offence?
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by Bright2(m): 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
mabeni:
sir, what happens if one is being apprehended /caught by frsc driving with expired temporary driver's license?
How punishable is the offence?
Just time wasted & advice for you.
You can better drive with those document you used in processing the licence at least it's better compare to expired tempory licence.
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by mabeni(m): 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
Bright2:

Just time wasted & advice for you.
You can better drive with those document you used in processing the licence at least it's better compare to expired tempory licence.
thanks
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by Bright2(m): 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
mabeni:
thanks

uwc.
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by Frankaka8(m): 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Go there with extra 1k or a recharge card.

A police report might work but it's a long thing.
you right, I got my permanent Drivers license without any police report, I simply explain to the officer dat my temp license was stolen. Tho the sms info was my last resort. However after checking it out on dia system, it was justified, hence I was given. Yet I drop 5h for dia quickie.
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by pobeaf(m): 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
There shouldn't be any problem afterall you received an SMS on your phone and it is your phograph that will be on the license. Can any proof be bigger than your photo?
The day I collected mine, I didn't even bring the temporary one out of the car since my photo is there.
Re: Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? by pattybf(f): 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
what u actually need to take along is d document used in processing ur DL. u must ve been given a copy.

(1) (Reply)

What Can Someone Do About Too Low Cars On Nigeria Roads?- E.g Nissan Maxima 04 / What Can U Guys Say About This Nissan? Can I Buy It? / Does SILCA SBB Key Programmer Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.