Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,479 members, 7,801,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet (3527 Views)

Lunar Eclipse: See What The Prophet Instructed Us To Do? / The Importance Of Fasting Tasu’a & Ashura (9th & 10th Muharram) / Let's Revive A Sunnah. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 9:28am On Oct 15, 2015
ASHURA: WEEPING FOR HUSSEIN IBN ALI, A SUNNAH ESTABLISHED BY THE PROPHET OF ALLAH (s)

The day of Ashura (10th of Muharram) has been characterized with different theories and beliefs ranging from fasting to joyous celebration. It is argued that the Prophet commanded fasting on this day. On the other hand it is believed to be a day where every single Prophet of Allah was blessed in one way or the other.
Expositions of these theories and their rebuttals have been ironed out on this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1967745/controversy-surrounding-significance-ashura-10th

However, the day of Ashura (10th of Muharram) is coincided with the day Hussain ibn Ali alongside some of the other members of the household of the Prophet, together with their loyalists and friends were massacred on the plain of Kar'bala in the 61 A.H. Interestingly, Prophet marked that saddest day by weeping and mourning.

Sheik Nasirudeen al-Albaani records a sahih (authentic) hadith (narration) of the holy prophet in his ‘Silsilah Al-hadith Al-Sahiyah’, vol. 2 pg 462 hadith 821:

“Jubril came to me and informed me that my Ummah (nation or community) will kill my son, Hussain. I asked: ‘This Hussain?’ He (Jubril) replied: ‘Yes’ he then brought me some soil (tur’ba) that was red.”

Narrated by Umm al-Fadhal bint al-Harith that she went to the Holy prophet (s) and said: ‘O prophet, I have seen an unclear dream tonight.’ He (s) asked: What is it? She replied: ‘I saw that as if a part of your body was cut off from you and was placed upon my chest.’ He (s) said: ‘You have seen something good. In sha Allah, Fatimah will bear a baby boy and he will be upon your chest.’ So Fatima gave birth to Hussain and he was on my chest as the prophet had notified me. On one day I went to the Holy prophet and put Hussain on his chest then he turned his face to the side and I witnessed his eyes flowing with tears. I asked: “Prophet of Allah (s), may my parents be sacrified for you, what is wrong?” He then mentioned it (the above bolded hadith – “Jubril came to me and informed me...”).”

Similar authentic narrations of the same genre can be found in: “Fadhail Sahaba” by Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, vol.2 pg. 965 Hadith1357; “Musnad Abi Ya’la”, vol. 6 pg.129 Hadith 3402; Imam al-Haythami in his ‘al-Majma zawaid, vol.9

It is worth noting that:

1. Imam al-Husayn عليه السلام is referred to as the son of the Prophet صلى الله عليه و آله just like Quran refer to him and his elder brother Imam al-Hassan, عليه السلام as sons of the Prophet {sura al-Imran: 61}.

2. Therefore, those who killed Imam al-Husayn killed the son of Prophet Muhammad, صلى الله عليه و آله

3. The Ummah as a whole is accused of the murder of Imam al-Husayn. In particular, all of those Muslims alive at the time of the Karbala tragedy.

4. The Prophet wept for Imam al-Husayn even before the incident happened.

5. Interestingly, the land of Karbala is referred to as the turbah of Imam al-Husayn (تربته). This is a huge virtue for that blessed land.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Empiree: 7:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
Interestingly, Prophet marked that saddest day by weeping and mourning. The prophet wept for imam al-Husayn even before the incident happened.
Perhaps we can agree that prophet's "weeping and mourning" as highlighted is not synonymous with what some people do today by mutilating their bodies, correct?

3. The Ummah as a whole is accused of the murder of Imam al-Husayn. In particular, all of those Muslims alive at the time of the Karbala tragedy.
Me excluded grin I knew absolutely nothing about the murderers. So Empiree exonerated grin grin
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Demmzy15(m): 6:54am On Oct 16, 2015
^^ grin grin and me too tongue
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 16, 2015
Demmzy15:
^^ grin grin and me too tongue
my bros, me too tongue, i cant even hurt a fly or a chicken, BUT! i can hurt a ram oo grin grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
@Empiree, Demmzy15, lexiconkabir

This is absolutely not funny. Imagine what makes the Prophet crying and sad is what seems amusing to you guys. Weren't those (the killers of Prophet's son) part of the prided "salaf?"

The Banu Israel were cursed by Allah for the crime of killing Prophets sent to them. Here's the Ummah of the holy Prophet with the blood of the son and family of their Prophet. Remember the hadith: "I leave amongst over you two weighty things; the book of God and my Ahlulbayt (household)...I remind you, by Allah, of my Ahlulbayt! I remind you, by Allah, of my Ahlulbayt! I remind you, by Allah, of my Ahlulbayt! {sahih muslim}

The reason why secondarily this Ummah (after the time of Imam Hussein's martyrdom) will also carry the sin of killing the blood of Hussein is if the Ummah continue to undermine and sideline this atrocity and thereby praising these murderers directly or indirectly as it is being done today. That is signs of approval of injustice and oppression. To be free of this blame, one has to show solidarity for Hussein ibn Ali and distance himself from those murderers. Even as staunch as Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah, he cursed the killers of Hussein in a strong way. You dont need to be partisan or religionist to read about the Martrydom of Hussein together with his 72 companions. You dont need to be partisan or religionist to sympathize and weep for Hussein. You only need to be human with conscience.

Lastly, @Empiree, Tatbir is nothing but innovation into the practice of mourning Hussein ibn Ali (alayhi Salam). There is no single hadith [be it sahih or daif] from the Prophet [salallahu alayhi wa a'alihi] or the Imams of his Ahlulbayt that points to that. Those Shia Ulama who approved it does at their own personal ijtihad. Majority of our Ulama condemned it and some declared it to be Haram. The first from among the Sahaba [who were still alive then] to mourn the death of Hussein (alayhi Salam) was Hazrat Jabir ibn Abdullah al-Ansari (radi'Allahu anhu). He continued these practice till he met his Lord. He never mutilated himself. None of the remaining holy Household of the Prophet did.

WA Salam alaykum.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Demmzy15(m): 3:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
lexiconkabir:
my bros, me too tongue, i cant even hurt a fly or a chicken, BUT! i can hurt a ram oo grin grin.
grin grin grin
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Demmzy15(m): 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
AlBaqir:
@Empiree, Demmzy15, lexiconkabir

This is absolutely not funny. Imagine what makes the Prophet crying and sad is what seems amusing to you guys. Weren't those (the killers of Prophet's son) part of the prided "salaf?"

The Banu Israel were cursed by Allah for the crime of killing Prophets sent to them. Here's the Ummah of the holy Prophet with the blood of the son and family of their Prophet. Remember the hadith: "I leave amongst over you two weighty things; the book of God and my Ahlulbayt (household)...I remind you, by Allah, of my Ahlulbayt! I remind you, by Allah, of my Ahlulbayt! I remind you, by Allah, of my Ahlulbayt! {sahih muslim}

The reason why secondarily this Ummah (after the time of Imam Hussein's martyrdom) will also carry the sin of killing the blood of Hussein is if the Ummah continue to undermine and sideline this atrocity and thereby praising these murderers directly or indirectly as it is being done today. That is signs of approval of injustice and oppression. To be free of this blame, one has to show solidarity for Hussein ibn Ali and distance himself from those murderers. Even as staunch as Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah, he cursed the killers of Hussein in a strong way. You dont need to be partisan or religionist to read about the Martrydom of Hussein together with his 72 companions. You dont need to be partisan or religionist to sympathize and weep for Hussein. You only need to be human with conscience.

Lastly, @Empiree, taziya is nothing but innovation into the practice of mourning Hussein ibn Ali (alayhi Salam). There is no single hadith [be it sahih or daif] from the Prophet [salallahu alayhi wa a'alihi] or the Imams of his Ahlulbayt that points to that. Those Shia Ulama who approved it does at their own personal ijtihad. Majority of our Ulama condemned it and some declared it to be Haram. The first from among the Sahaba [who were still alive then] to mourn the death of Hussein (alayhi Salam) was Hazrat Jabir ibn Abdullah al-Ansari (radi'Allahu anhu). He continued these practice till he met his Lord. He never mutilated himself. None of the remaining holy Household of the Prophet did.

WA Salam alaykum.
You got it totally wrong, I meant what I said that I've got nothing to do with his death. But that doesn't mean I don't care, in fact the death of every pious Muslims must be a concern to us all.

When Al-Husayn wanted to leave for Karbala, the Salafs told him to stay but Allah knows the way He does his things. Husayn went and was martyred, the people of Kufah betrayed him. No Muslim was happy and we would continue to follow the footsteps of Hasan and Husayn(RadiAllahu Anhum) for their persistent effort to bring peace to the Ummah. You're presenting it as if the Ahl Sunnah hate the Ahl Bayt, we don't rather we love them and follow them. We follow all the Ahl Bayt from the Prophet's wives(Khadeejah, Aisha, Hafsat, Umm Salama, etc) to others. This is the way of the Salaf, I hope you'll agree with me.

But AlBaqir what's up with some Shias and the beating? Educate me, do you do this also?! sad

3 Likes

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Empiree: 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
Demmzy15:

[font=serif]You got it totally wrong, I meant what I said that I've got nothing to do with his death. But that doesn't mean I don't care, in fact the death of every pious Muslims must be a concern to us all.

When Al-Husayn wanted to leave for Karbala, the Salafs told him to stay but Allah knows the way He does his things. Husayn went and was martyred, the people of Kufah betrayed him. No Muslim was happy and we would continue to follow the footsteps of Hasan and Husayn(RadiAllahu Anhum) for their persistent effort to bring peace to the Ummah. You're presenting it as if the Ahl Sunnah hate the Ahl Bayt, we don't rather we love them and follow them. We follow all the Ahl Bayt from the Prophet's wives(Khadeejah, Aisha, Hafsat, Umm Salama, etc) to others. This is the way of the Salaf, I hope you'll agree with me.
My thought as well, Albaqir. No joke intended here. You got it wrong, sir.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Empiree: 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
Demmzy15:

But AlBaqir what's up with some Shias and the beating? Educate me, do you do this also?! sad[/font]
This was explained up there by albaqir bro. He said some Ulama among Shia (probably certain sub-sect) made ijtihad and approved the silly procession. Exactly why I go against Sunni when they generalized. I knew it isn't all Shia that do that.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
Demmzy15:

When Al-Husayn wanted to leave for Karbala, the Salafs told him to stay but Allah knows the way He does his things.

Who were the Salafs? Was Hussein himself not a Salaf? Truly many (among whom was Abdullah ibn Abbas) did persuade him not to leave for Iraq because of so many reasons part of which was the Iraqi inconsistency in loyalty. But Imam Hussein chose and dimmed it necessary to go. Why? Read whatever Maqtal Al-Hussein you can lay your hands on and in sha Allah you will embrace Imam's decision. He is an Imam over the Ummah, and as per "Imam", Allah says {We have made them Imams to guide by our command}. His decisions was solely based on what his grandfather fought and established for 23years i.e 'Amr bil Ma'ruf wa Nahyil annil Munkar'.

Demmzy15:

We follow all the Ahl Bayt from the Prophet's wives (Khadeejah, Aisha, Hafsat, Umm Salama, etc) to others. This is the way of the Salaf, I hope you'll agree with me.

Well that's your choice. However Prophet NEVER instructed you to follow "Ahlulbayt from his wives", rather he instructed you to follow "Ahlulbayt of his offspring" ONLY. The Mutawatir ahadith says: I leave amongst over you, two weighty things so long you adhere to it, you will never go astray; the book of God and my Ahlulbayt, my offspring (itrah)...

In another hadith, the Prophet says: I have left amongst over you Two Khalifas...the book of God and my Ahlulbayt, my offspring....

Respect and honour upon the wives of the Prophet, the mothers of faithful. But absolutely we are not commanded to FOLLOW them. When Umm mu'meenin, Aisha waged war against the Rightly Guided Khalifa of her time, Imam Ali ibn Abi talib (alayhi Salam), Imam Tirmidhi, an-Nasai, Ibn Kathir and others documented the sermon of Ammar ibn Yassir (radiyallahu anhu) which says:Aisha, the wife of your prophet is calling you to support her against Ali but know that Allah is testing you whether you will obey her or you will obey Him

Demmzy15:

But AlBaqir what's up with some Shias and the beating? Educate me, do you do this also?!

Is beating one's erred wife part of Islam? Yes it is but we define the word "beat" and clearly state the conditions that may ever warrant it. In the same vein, beating one's self is an age long Arab culture as part of mourning. This is very common among women. Islam defines it and put limitations to it. Weeping, crying, feeling sad and beating have their limitations in Islam otherwise they become haram.

As for Albaqir, I weep, I cry, I beat my chest for the family of the Prophet esp. Imam al-Hussein (alayhi Salam).
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
Empiree:
My thought as well, Albaqir. No joke intended here. You got it wrong, sir.

Then that must have been an expensive joke, brother. I'm dead serious about deen. Then Tatbir (cutting oneself with sharp object) is different from "beating" oneself.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
@Albaqir, you got it all wrong sir, it was never my intent to make a joke out of it, and i repeat it, i cant be blamed for the death of the prophet's son, because Allah(s.w.t) says "That no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another, And that man will have nothing but what he strives for; And that the result of his striving shall soon be known; Then will he be rewarded for it with the fullest reward; And that with thy Lord is the final judgment; 53:38-42. salam!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Empiree: 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
AlBaqir:

Then that must have been an expensive joke, brother.
Take it not personal brother. The Karbala incident is all muslims problem. Matter of fact, it was subject of discussion at Jumah today and it's always like that every Muharram. We are already told by the prophet(Allah's Blessings be upon him) what to do with respect to it....FAST and REFLECT.

I'm dead serious about deen. Then taziya (cutting oneself with sharp object) is different from "beating" oneself.
Honestly, both look silly to me. Makes Islam looks crazy. While I understand it doesnt take one outside the fold, it is sometimes presented by the Western media to be it's Islam while in fact it's not. It is basically innocent idea of some folks. They really need to stop it for good. Ulama that approved such procession need to retract the fatwa. Do you do either of both?
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by MrOlai: 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
Demmzy15:

[font=serif]You got it totally wrong, I meant what I said that I've got nothing to do with his death. But that doesn't mean I don't care, in fact the death of every pious Muslims must be a concern to us all.
When Al-Husayn wanted to leave for Karbala, the Salafs told him to stay but Allah knows the way He does his things. Husayn went and was martyred, the people of Kufah betrayed him. No Muslim was happy and we would continue to follow the footsteps of Hasan and Husayn(RadiAllahu Anhum) for their persistent effort to bring peace to the Ummah. You're presenting it as if the Ahl Sunnah hate the Ahl Bayt, we don't rather we love them and follow them. We follow all the Ahl Bayt from the Prophet's wives(Khadeejah, Aisha, Hafsat, Umm Salama, etc) to others. This is the way of the Salaf,I hope you'll agree with me.

Shia have their own definition of Ahl Bayt just like they have their own interpretations of Quran and ahadith of the Prophet(SAW). They do not consider the wives of the Prophet(SAW) as part of the Ahl Bayt! This is what Albaqir has to say about the wives of the Prophet(SAW):
AlBaqir:

Naturally ones wife is part of the 'famly' but in the case of Muhammad, especially if the word "ahl al-bayt" is used, his wives are not.
It's very terrible!
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Demmzy15(m): 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
AlBaqir:

Who were the Salafs? Was Hussein himself not a Salaf?

I didn't exclude him.

Truly many (among whom was Abdullah ibn Abbas) did persuade him not to leave for Iraq because of so many reasons part of which was the Iraqi inconsistency in loyalty. But Imam Hussein chose and dimmed it necessary to go. Why? Read whatever Maqtal Al-Hussein you can lay your hands on and in sha Allah you will embrace Imam's decision.

OK I'll do that Insha'Allah. If you have a pdf or any form of easy reading, please give it to me.

He is an Imam over the Ummah, and as per "Imam", Allah says {We have made them Imams to guide by our command}. His decisions was solely based on what his grandfather fought and established for 23years i.e 'Amr bil Ma'ruf wa Nahyil annil Munkar'.

Na'am just as how those before him were made in charge of the Ummah, Imam Abubakar, Imam Umar, Imam Uthman, Imam Muawiyah, Imam Hasan(RadiAllahu Anhum) and also those after him(Rahimahullah).

Well that's your choice. However Prophet NEVER instructed you to follow "Ahlulbayt from his wives", rather he instructed you to follow "Ahlulbayt of his offspring" ONLY. The Mutawatir ahadith says: I leave amongst over you, two weighty things so long you adhere to it, you will never go astray; the book of God and my Ahlulbayt, my offspring (itrah)...

In another hadith, the Prophet says: I have left amongst over you Two Khalifas...the book of God and my Ahlulbayt, my offspring....

4/536 Lisan ul-Arab by Ibn Manthur

والمشهور المعروف أَن عتْرتَه أَهلُ بيته وهم الذين حُرّمَت عليهم الزكاة والصدقة المفروضة وهم ذوو القربى الذين لهم خُمُسُ الخُمُسِ المذكور في سورة الأَنفال

“And what is famously recognized is that his ‘Atrah’ are the People of his Household, and they are those upon whom Zakaah and the mandatory Sadaqah is prohibited; and they are the relatives (Thuw al-Qurbaa) who are due a fifth of the spoils of war, mentioned in Surat al-Anfal.”

In terms of the wives of the Prophet being included in the prohibition, then Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani in his Fath al-Bari reports that Ibn Battal transmitted the agreement of the Fuqaha on their not entering into that prohibition, and ash-Shawkani says that this should be investigated. Ibn Qudamah reports the Athar on authority of A’ishah that Sadaqah was prohibited to her since she is from the people of Muhammad, demonstrating the wives entering into the prohibition as well. Ibn Hazm reports in his book of Ijma, that it is Zakah that is not permitted to Bani al-Abbas and Abu Talib, their men and women. There appears to be a difference of opinion on this.

This is the authentic narration which proves that wives of prophet(Saw) are also forbidden to receive sadaqa:

Musannaf ibn abi shaybah (chapter Laa tahillu al-sadqa ala bani hashim)
ابن أبي مليكة أن خالد بن سعيد بعث إلى عائشة ببقرة من الصدقة فردتها وقالت إنا آل محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم لا تحل لنا الصدقة

Narrated with sahi sanad From Ibn Abu Malika [narrated] that: Khaled Ibn Saeed sent a cow from the Sadaqah to Aisha, so she sent it back and said: We are the Aal (the family) of Muhammad(saw) the sadaqah is not permissible for us.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
@Demmzy15, Imam Abu baker, Imam Umar, Imam Uthman and Imam Muawiyah? It seems you don't understand the concept of Imamah. Let's quickly refer to the holy Quran and ahadith to explore this concept.

"And when Ibrahim was tried by his Lord with some words, and he fulfilled them, He said, "I will appoint you an Imam OF MANKIND ." He (Ibrahim) asked, "And of my offspring?" He (Allah) replied, "My covenant shall not reach the wrongdoers {surah baqarah: 124}

Ibn Kathir writes:
"...He (Ibrahim) requested Allah that this Imamah be connected with his lineage, and be uninterrupted within his offspring, and be perpetual forever among his offspring. So, what he asked was granted...and the wrongdoer were excluded from its reach and it was made exclusively to the righteous scholars among his offspring."
{Al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah, vol.1, please. 191}

Imam of hadith, Abu Ya'la (d. 307H) documents:

"Al-Hasan b. Ismail Abu Said - Ibrahim Ibn Sa'd - his father - Anas:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "The Imams are from Quraysh"

{Musnad Abu Ya'la, vol. 6, p. 321, #3644. The annotator, Dr. Shayk Asad says: The chain is Sahih}

In fact Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani opined that the hadith is Mutawattir:

"The hadith: The Imams are from Quraysh" is recorded by al-Nasai from Anas, and al-Tabari narrated it in al-Dua...I say: I gathered its chains in a separate volume from forty sahaba"
{Talkhis al-Habir, vol. 4, p. 116, #1730}

This hadith opined that there are Imams from the progeny of Ibrahim in this Ummah. However, Quraysh is a large tribe with several clans. Are the Imams spread across the whole clans or are they concentrated in a single clan? Answers are readily available in the following ahadith:

1. Hadith salat

O Allah! Bless Muhammad and the ahli of Muhammad, in exactly the same manner as You blessed Ibrahim and the ahli of Ibrahim...

Some of the blessings Allah conferred upon Nabi Ibrahim and his ahli were (a) preference and divine selection ABOVE MANKIND {sura al-Imran:33}
(b) Imamah. Other blessing are spread across the Quran.

Was Abu Baker, Umar, Uthman, Mu'awiyyah part of the Prophet Ahl?

2. Hadith Thaqalayn
"O mankind! I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it you will never go astray: the book of Allah and my offspring, my Ahl al-bayt "

3. Hadith Khalifatayn
"I am leaving behind over you MY KHALIFAH: the book of Allah the Almighty and my offspring, my Ahl al-bayt. Verily both shall never separated from each other until they meet me at the lake - font."

So our belief is that the Imamah vis-a-vis Khilafah are exclusively the right of the offspring of the Prophet. You have a case to prove that those candidates you made mention of were actually part of the OFFSPRING OF THE PROPHET.

SECOND PART: ARE HIS WIVES AMONG HIS AHL AL-BAYT?
It depend on the definition you gave. Literally Prophet's wives, his cousins and uncles etc were members of his Ahlulbayt. However, when it comes to Ayah Tathir (verse of purification) or Khilafah and Imamah, he exclusively and emphatically restricted that to his offspring.

Imam al-Tirmidhi (d.279H) documents :
Umar Ibn Abi salama, the dependent of the Prophet, peace be upon him:

When this verse {Allah intends but only to keep impurity away all from you, O Ahlulbayt, and to purify you absolutely } was revealed upon the Prophet, peace be upon him, in the house of Umm Salama, he called Fatima, Hassan and Hussein and spread cloak over them while 'Ali was behind him. Then, he covered them with a cloak. Then, he said, "O ALLAH! THESE ARE MY AHL AL-BAYT. SO KEEP IMPURITY AWAY FROM THEM AND PURIFY THEM ABSOLUTELY."

Umm Salamah said, Am I with them, O Prophet of Allah? He replied, "You are upon your place and you are upon a good thing."

{al-Jami al-Sahih Sun an al-Tirmidhi, vol.5, p.351, #3305}

The anotator of the hadith, Sheik al-Albani comment: Sahih.

Imam al-Hakim also documents in his al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahih anotator, vol.3, p.158, #4705:

"Umm salamah: In my house it was revealed {Allah intends but only to keep impurity away all from you, O Ahlulbayt, and to purify you absolutely }. Then, the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, sent for Ali, Fatima, Al-Hasan and al-Hussein and said: O ALLAH! THESE ARE MY AHLULBAYT

Aisha also reported:

"Allah Apostle went out one morning wearing a striped cloak of the black camel's hair, then there came Hasan b. Ali. He wrapped him under it. Then came Hussein and he wrapped him under it along with the other one (Hasan). Then came Fatima and he took her under it. Then came Ali and he also took him under it and then said: (Allah intends but only to keep impurity away all from you, O Ahlulbayt, and to purify you absolutely)"
{Sahih Muslim chapter : The virtues of the Household of the Prophet.}

There are too many ahadith on this. I just limit it to these three which I believe it suffice in sha Allah.

It is worth noting:
1. The Ayah of purification cited in the hadith was revealed alone and singly, and read alone and singly. But the arrangement today have it embedded in sura ahzab: 33 under the context of the wives of the Prophet. These made many mufassir err in their interpretation that the Ayah refer to the wives of the Prophet.

2. Two wives and a dependent of the Prophet confirmed whom Ahl al-bayt were as per the verse of purification. And I have given you other ahadith that confirmed the same OFFSPRING as per Imamah and Khilafah.

Kindly see my thread on "Who are the Ahlulbayt?" or you can send your mail address thru this mail: seeabdwasi@gmail.com and I shall send you a 5 pages pdf on the same subject which are more Detailed in references.

Wa Salam alaykum.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Demmzy15(m): 1:22am On Oct 17, 2015
AlBaqir:
@Demmzy15, Imam Abu baker, Imam Umar, Imam Uthman and Imam Muawiyah? It seems you don't understand the concept of Imamah. Let's quickly refer to the holy Quran and ahadith to explore this concept.

"And when Ibrahim was tried by his Lord with some words, and he fulfilled them, He said, "I will appoint you an Imam OF MANKIND ." He (Ibrahim) asked, "And of my offspring?" He (Allah) replied, "My covenant shall not reach the wrongdoers {surah baqarah: 124}

Ibn Kathir writes:
"...He (Ibrahim) requested Allah that this Imamah be connected with his lineage, and be uninterrupted within his offspring, and be perpetual forever among his offspring. So, what he asked was granted...and the wrongdoer were excluded from its reach and it was made exclusively to the righteous scholars among his offspring."
{Al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah, vol.1, please. 191}

Imam of hadith, Abu Ya'la (d. 307H) documents:

"Al-Hasan b. Ismail Abu Said - Ibrahim Ibn Sa'd - his father - Anas:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "The Imams are from Quraysh"

{Musnad Abu Ya'la, vol. 6, p. 321, #3644. The annotator, Dr. Shayk Asad says: The chain is Sahih}

In fact Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani opined that the hadith is Mutawattir:

"The hadith: The Imams are from Quraysh" is recorded by al-Nasai from Anas, and al-Tabari narrated it in al-Dua...I say: I gathered its chains in a separate volume from forty sahaba"
{Talkhis al-Habir, vol. 4, p. 116, #1730}

This hadith opined that there are Imams from the progeny of Ibrahim in this Ummah. However, Quraysh is a large tribe with several clans. Are the Imams spread across the whole clans or are they concentrated in a single clan? Answers are readily available in the following ahadith:

1. Hadith salat

O Allah! Bless Muhammad and the ahli of Muhammad, in exactly the same manner as You blessed Ibrahim and the ahli of Ibrahim...

Some of the blessings Allah conferred upon Nabi Ibrahim and his ahli were (a) preference and divine selection ABOVE MANKIND {sura al-Imran:33}
(b) Imamah. Other blessing are spread across the Quran.

Imam Abubakar, Imam Umar, Imam Uthman, Imam Ali, Imam Muawiyah, Imam Hasan(RadiAllahu Anhum) are all from the Quraysh. So basically you're saying nothing new here.

Was Abu Baker, Umar, Uthman, Mu'awiyyah part of the Prophet Ahl?

No but they're from Quraysh so therefore they've right to the Khalifah and the leadership of the whole Muslim Ummah.

2. Hadith Thaqalayn
"O mankind! I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it you will never go astray: the book of Allah and my offspring, my Ahl al-bayt "

Husain said to Zaid bin Arqam(ra) : Who are the members of his household? Aren’t his wives the members of his family? Thereupon he said: His wives are the members of his family (but here) the members of his family are those for whom acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. And he said: Who are they? Thereupon he said: ‘Ali and the offspring of ‘Ali, ‘Aqil and the offspring of ‘Aqil and the offspring of Ja’far and the offspring of ‘Abbas. Husain said: These are those for whom the acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. Zaid said: Yes. (Sahih Muslim, Book 31, Hadith 5920).

The explanation and understanding of Sahabi Zaid bin Arqam(ra) is further strengthened by a reliable version of hadeeth Thaqalayn, which has the expression “Kitab Allah wa `Itrati Ahlu-Bayti“, we know that Ahlul-Bayt refers to the household, let’s discover what the `Itrah means in Arabic.

The Imam al-Tawrbashti said in Al-Marqah 5/600:

عترة الرجل: أهل بيته ورهطه الأدنون، ولاستعمالهم “العترة” على أنحاء كثيرة بينها رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم بقوله: “أهل بيتي” ليعلم أنه أراد بذلك نسله وعصابته الأدنين وأزواجه

The `Itrah of the man: It means the members of his household and his closest companions. Due to their usage of the word `Itrah with many meanings, the Messenger of Allah (saw) explained it here with his statement, “Ahli Bayti” (my family members or the members of my household), so that it may be known by this that he meant his progeny, and his closest relatives and his wives.

Remember in my last post I showed that Aisha was forbidden to collect charity, even though Zaid(ra) was correct in the hadith, he didn't know that Aisha also does not collect/accept charity. Evidence as shown below:

Prophet(saw) spoke with ‘Aisha (ra) regarding her female servant, this is how it goes:

Narrated ‘Aisha: I intended to buy buraira but her masters stipulated that her Wala should be for them. When the Prophet was told about it, he said to me, “Buy and manumit her, as the Wala’ is for the liberator.” Once buraira was given some meat, and the Prophet asked, “What is this?” I said, “It has been given to buraira in charity.” He said, “It is sadaqa for her but a gift for us.” buraira was given the option (to stay with her husband or to part with him). [Sahi bukhari, Book #47, Hadith #752]

Notice Prophet(saw) was talking with ‘Aisha (ra) and he told her “For us it is a gift” which means that for the Prophet(saw) and ‘Aisha (ra) both, he’ll consider it a gift since they do not take Sadaqah(charity), but for Buraira it is a Sadaqah. He didn’t say for me its gift, but for you and buraira it’s Sadaqa.

It is well-known and established fact that the wives of the Prophet contributed to the knowledge of Islam after the Prophet. I'll reply the remaining part tomorrow Insha'Allah
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 10:42am On Oct 17, 2015
Demmzy15:

Imam Abubakar, Imam Umar, Imam Uthman, Imam Ali, Imam Muawiyah, Imam Hasan(RadiAllahu Anhum) are all from the Quraysh. So basically you're saying nothing new here.

No but they're from Quraysh so therefore they've right to the Khalifah and the leadership of the whole Muslim Ummah.

In sha Allah with sincerity in our heart, we will surely reach the truth.

First you are not the first to reach that conclusion above. The legitimacy of the Khilafah and Imamah of AbuBakr, Umar et al need to be proven by all means possible otherwise the creed of Ahlu Sunnah collapse. All the Ulama of this creed from the past to the present continue their utmost best to prove the legitimacy.

Yes those companions were Qurayshi and politically they are suitable to be Khalifah. But the choice is Allahs' and His prophets'.

The ahadith I quoted above {Hadith Thaqalain, Hadith Khalifatain, Hadith Salat among many others} solely restricted the divine post of Imamah and Khilafah to the Offspring of the Prophet. As Allah accepted the prayer of Ibrahim to restrict the Imamah permanently and forever within his offspring, so also the prayer of the Prophet was granted in the Hadith Salat.

To further emphasize this, prophet declared:

'Allamah al-Albani (d. 1420H) in his annotated version of Ibn Asim's "kitab al-Sunnah" documents

Ibn Abbas:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said to 'Ali: "You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a prophet. [Verily, it is not right that I depart except] with you as my Khalifah over every believer after me."

Allamah al-Albani comments: Its chain is hasan...

{Kitab al-Sunnah (al-Maktab al-Islami; 1st edition, 1400H) [annotator: Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani], vol. 2, p. 565, #1188}

This hadith alone is documented in three sighas by Imam Ahmad in his Musnad, an-Nasai in his Sunan and Ibn Asim in his Kitab Sunnah. Shiek Shakir in his annotated version of Musnad corrected the grading of Sheik Albani and Sheik Dr. Jawabirah who both graded the hadith as Hasan, to Sahih. Interestingly, this hadith destabilize the mental capacity of Allamah Albani as he laboured to interpret it. All other Ulama took the fastest route by labeling the hadith as "mawdoo (fabricated)" e.g Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah. Unfortunately our dear Sheik gave no single reason why it is Mawdoo. Other Sunni scholars completely kept mute on the hadith.

This hadith, alongside Hadith Khalifatayn (The two Khalifahs) and Hadith Thaqalain (Two weighty things) completely throws out whoever that is not the offspring of the Prophet in the office of Imamah and Khilafah.

I say "La haola wala quwata illah billah.

Demmzy15:

[font=serif]Husain said to Zaid bin Arqam(ra) : Who are the members of his household? Aren’t his wives the members of his family? Thereupon he said: His wives are the members of his family (but here) the members of his family are those for whom acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. And he said: Who are they? Thereupon he said: ‘Ali and the offspring of ‘Ali, ‘Aqil and the offspring of ‘Aqil and the offspring of Ja’far and the offspring of ‘Abbas. Husain said: These are those for whom the acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. Zaid said: Yes. (Sahih Muslim, Book 31, Hadith 5920).

The explanation and understanding of Sahabi Zaid bin Arqam(ra) is further strengthened by a reliable version of hadeeth Thaqalayn, which has the expression “Kitab Allah wa `Itrati Ahlu-Bayti“, we know that Ahlul-Bayt refers to the household, let’s discover what the `Itrah means in Arabic.

A similar narration from Zaid ibn Arqam ends with these more precise interpretation: "...We said: Who are amongst the members of the household? Aren't the wives (of the Holy Prophet) included amongst the members of his house hold (Ahl al-Bayt)? Thereupon he said: NO, by Allah, a woman lives with a man (as his wife) for a certain period; he then divorces her and she goes back to her parents and to her people; the members of his household include his ownself and his kith and kin (who are related to him by blood) and for him the acceptance of Zakat is prohibited." {Sahih Muslim 2408 d. In-book reference: Book 44, Hadith 58. USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 31, Hadith 5923

This is Zaid Ibn Arqam's theory of why the wives of the Prophet were not members of his Ahlulbayt.
Observe clearly Demmzy15, there are lots and lots of ideas and definitions of Ahlulbayt by various interest groups. Our idea and definition is what the prophet himself established. Any other thing is just a child's play.

I have given you ahadith that established Ahlulbayt as per verse of purification, and Imamah/Khilafah. The wife of the Prophet, Umm Salamah who wished to be part of the Ahlulbayt was denied. Absolutely the wives were also part of his entire Ahlulbayt in a sense other than "Ayah Tathir and Imamah/Khilafah".

Quran sealed the argument completely in this ayah:

But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons and our women and your women and our near people and your near people, then let us be earnest in prayer, and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars. {surah al-Imran:61}

Observe the word "Nisa'ana (our women)" was 90% used for the wives of the Prophet in the Quran. And secondarily it was used for his daughters in a very low %. However, here was how our Prophet interpreted the ayah which made the advocators of his wives back off completely:

Imam al-Hakim (d. 403H) declares:

"There have been Mutawatir reports in the Tafsir Books from Abd 'Allah b. Abbas and others that the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, on the Day of al-Mubahala, held the hands of 'Ali, Hassan and Hussain, and they positioned Fatima behind them. Then he said, "These are our sons, ourselves and our women" so bring yourselves, your sons and your women. Then we do Mubahala and place the curse of Allah upon the liars (among us)”
{Kitab Ma‟rifah „Ulum al-Hadith [Beirut:Manshurah Dar alAfaq al-Hadith, 4th Edition, 1400H], p.50; Ibn Taymiyyah in his Minhaj al-Sunnah al-Nabawiyyah, vol. 4, p. 27}

Imam Muslim (d. 261H) also documents:

Amir b. Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reported on the authority of his father that Muawiya b. Abi Sufyan appointed Sa'd as the Governor and said: What prevents you from cursing Abu Turab ('Ali b. Abi Talib), whereupon he said: It is because of three things which I remember Allah's Messenger (s) having said about him that I would not abuse him … (first) I heard Allah's Messenger (s) say about 'Ali… And (second) I heard him say on the Day of Khaibar: I would certainly give this standard to a person who loves Allah and his Messenger and Allah and his Messenger love him too (that is „Ali)... (The third occasion is) when the (following) verse was revealed: "… come let us call our sons and your sons..." Allah's Messenger (s) called 'Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain and said: O Allah, these are my Ahl (family)" {Sahih Muslim 2404 d. In-book reference: Book 44, Hadith 50. USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 31, Hadith 5915}

Why were the wives (Nisa'ana) not included? Were they not part of his Ahl literally?

Allah's selection is by Merits and qualifications. Remember the son of Nabi Nuh perished while Nabi Nuh cried to his Lord: "My son is from my Ahlulbayt, and you promised to save my Ahlulbayt from the punishment". Allah immediately rebutted: "He is not your Ahlulbayt because his deeds are wayward" {read surah Hud for details}.

Likewise, the wives of Nuh and Lut faced similar consequences. Are the wives of the Prophet any better? All of them are not the same in righteousness to be included in the selection of Mubahala and Ayat Tathir. Some are excellent, some are good and some are bad. Kindly read Surah Tahrim for Last update on two wives of the Prophet (Aisha and Hafsa). Allah says their hearts have been deviated from the truth in opposing the Prophet of God. They were accused of divulging Prophetic secrets and planning against the Messengerof Allah. These were the same crimes of the wives of Nuh and Lut. See Tafsir Ibn Kathir.

In a Nutshell, Prophet NEVER included any of his respected wives in his Ahlulbayt (especially as regard Ayat Tathir, Selection of Mubahala and Followership in Imamah). It was the ideas of certain sahabah and the wish of Sunni Ulama to include the wives of the Prophet. Whether Aisha or Banu Abbas, banu Aqil and banu Jafar accepted Sadaqah or not is what qualify them as part of Ahlulbayt under those highlighted points above.

That is hard truth and only a sincere heart can live with it.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by dragnet: 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
MrOlai:

Shia have their own definition of Ahl Bayt just like they have their own interpretations of Quran and ahadith of the Prophet(SAW). They do not consider the wives of the Prophet(SAW) as part of the Ahl Bayt! This is what Albaqir has to say about the wives of the Prophet(SAW):
It's very terrible!

lol... ridiculous set of people they are and they can't include the wives, because they've labeled some as prostitute.

2 Likes

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
dragnet:

lol... ridiculous set of people they are and they can't include the wives, because they've labeled some as prostitute.

grin That's the campaign of the Wahabis. Kindly bring forth a sahih or Hasan graded Shia documentations that ever claim any of the wives of the Prophet was accused of Prostitutions. What is documented galore in the Quran and your Sihah is that some Sahaba made the heinous claim. And Aisha herself named some of them in various riwayat of yours. So do not lie against the Shia.

What some of the wives of the Prophet is accused of is even greater than your lies of prostitution. Quran accused Aisha and Hafsah of divulging Prophetic secrets and planning against the Prophet. The same crime of the wives of Nuh and Lut. And Allah says Aisha and Hafsa's heart are deviated from the truth of opposing the Prophet. That was the last update about the two in the Quran. This surah alone sink all the pseudo hadith that claim Aisha was the best. Allah Himself counted about seven to nine qualities she lack that other Muslima have.

See our Tafsir of Sura Ahzab. Despite all these, all of the wives still remain the Mother of the faithful.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by dragnet: 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2015
AlBaqir:

grin That's the campaign of the Wahabis. Kindly bring forth a sahih or Hasan graded Shia documentations that ever claim any of the wives of the Prophet was accused of Prostitutions. What is documented galore in the Quran and your Sihah is that some Sahaba made the heinous claim. And Aisha herself named some of them in various riwayat of yours. So do not lie against the Shia.

What some of the wives of the Prophet is accused of is even greater than your lies of prostitution. Quran accused Aisha and Hafsah of divulging Prophetic secrets and planning against the Prophet. The same crime of the wives of Nuh and Lut. And Allah says Aisha and Hafsa's heart are deviated from the truth of opposing the Prophet. That was the last update about the two in the Quran. This surah alone sink all the pseudo hadith that claim Aisha was the best. Allah Himself counted about seven to nine qualities she lack that other Muslima have.

See our Tafsir of Sura Ahzab. Despite all these, all of the wives still remain the Mother of the faithful.
probably my use of the word 'prostitute' is out of line,
are you categorically telling me that the shia do not accuse Aisha of Zina?
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
dragnet:

probably my use of the word 'prostitute' is out of line,
are you categorically telling me that the shia do not accuse Aisha of Zina?

As you and I will argue to convince non-Muslims that Boko haram, ISIS et al are not representatives of Islam, so also am doing the same here. You don't burn a house down because of a mice. I will be doing injustice to label all that subscribe to Salafiism as terrorist simply because terrorists continuously justify their actions with Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn Abdulwahab Fatawas. This is not the first time I will give presentations on this issue. The element among the Shia that used to accuse Aisha of prostitution are the Yasiriyah. They have a satellite tv where they this henious act. They've labeled top Shii Maraji as Kufar simply because they were advised to detest from such act.

However, all the ahadith they use to propagate this act are 100% Mawdoo. A book readily available for free has been written to this effect by Toyib Olawuyi, titled: Aisha and the Yasiri slanders. It highlighted all the purported ahadith and expose their flaws as per shii ilm rijal. The book is readily available on google books.

No wife of any Prophet of God ever committed zina
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Empiree: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
AlBaqir:

As you and I will argue to convince non-Muslims that Boko haram, ISIS et al are not representatives of Islam, so also am doing the same here. You don't burn a house down because of a mice. I will be doing injustice to label all that subscribe to Salafiism as terrorist simply because terrorists continuously justify their actions with Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn Abdulwahab Fatawas. This is not the first time I will give presentations on this issue. The element among the Shia that used to accuse Aisha of prostitution are the Yasiriyah. They have a satellite tv where they this henious act. They've labeled top Shii Maraji as Kufar simply because they were advised to detest from such act.

However, all the ahadith they use to propagate this act are 100% Mawdoo. A book readily available for free has been written to this effect by Toyib Olawuyi, titled: Aisha and the Yasiri slanders. It highlighted all the purported ahadith and expose their flaws as per shii ilm rijal. The book is readily available on google books.

No wife of any Prophet of God ever committed zina
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
undecided
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Demmzy15(m): 8:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

In sha Allah with sincerity in our heart, we will surely reach the truth.

Insha'Allah!

First you are not the first to reach that conclusion above. The legitimacy of the Khilafah and Imamah of AbuBakr, Umar et al need to be proven by all means possible otherwise the creed of Ahlu Sunnah collapse. All the Ulama of this creed from the past to the present continue their utmost best to prove the legitimacy.

Yes those companions were Qurayshi and politically they are suitable to be Khalifah. But the choice is Allahs' and His prophets'.

The ahadith I quoted above {Hadith Thaqalain, Hadith Khalifatain, Hadith Salat among many others} solely restricted the divine post of Imamah and Khilafah to the Offspring of the Prophet. As Allah accepted the prayer of Ibrahim to restrict the Imamah permanently and forever within his offspring, so also the prayer of the Prophet was granted in the Hadith Salat.

Concerning the Hadith Of Thalaqain, we'll look at it critically. I want to use this opportunity to beg you, please read my replies, don't ignore or glance. The authentic version of the Thalaqain, the didn't mean that the Imamah and Khalifah or is restricted to the Ahl Bayt only.

Hadith #6378, Bab Fadha'il Ali ibn Abi Talib, from Yazid ibn Hayyan who narrates what Zayd ibn Arqam said:

قال ‏ ‏أما بعد ألا أيها الناس فإنما أنا بشر يوشك أن يأتي رسول ربي فأجيب وأنا تارك فيكم ‏ ‏ثقلين ‏ ‏أولهما كتاب الله فيه الهدى والنور فخذوا بكتاب الله واستمسكوا به فحث على كتاب الله ورغب فيه ثم

- The Prophet said: "I am leaving among you two weighty things: the one being the Book of Allah in which there is right guidance and light, so hold fast to the Book of Allah and adhere to it.' He exhorted (us) (to hold fast) to the Book of Allah."

Then the Prophet said:

ال وأهل بيتي أذكركم الله في أهل بيتي أذكركم الله في أهل بيتي أذكركم الله في أهل بيتي

- And the People of my House, I remind you about the people of my house (thrice).

Notice that the Prophet Muhammad(sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) emphasized that Book of Allah as being "right guidance" and "light" which one should "hold onto", without adding to it the phrase Ahly Al Bayt for the mention of the Ahly Bayt refers back to the primary sentence of the Prophet that it is "one of the two weighty things" and not that "it is a light of guidance to which we should adhere to".

If the Prophet had wanted to convey the message the Shia portray he would have said, "The Qur'an AND (wa) Ahl Al Bayti, which are lights of guidance...." rather then seperating them.

However, this is not to say that the Ahl Al Bayt are *not* to be followed, for the term "Thaql" does implicitly imply holding onto them and safeguarding them due to their position with the Prophet, and also following their Amal. Yet none of this negates from taking form others, nor does it prove their Imamat or infallibilty and so forth. *

So basically you've gotten it wrong by trying to say this implies the Imamah solely on the Ahl Bayt, remember also that Ahl Bayt ain't only the family of Ali but Aqil, Jafar, Abbas, etc.

You made mention of Hadith Salat I see nothing about the Imamah constrained on the Ahl Bayt only. I'll like you make this point clearer.

To further emphasize this, prophet declared:

'Allamah al-Albani (d. 1420H) in his annotated version of Ibn Asim's "kitab al-Sunnah" documents

Ibn Abbas:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said to 'Ali: "You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a prophet. [Verily, it is not right that I depart except] with you as my Khalifah over every believer after me."

Allamah al-Albani comments: Its chain is hasan...

{Kitab al-Sunnah (al-Maktab al-Islami; 1st edition, 1400H) [annotator: Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani], vol. 2, p. 565, #1188}

This hadith alone is documented in three sighas by Imam Ahmad in his Musnad, an-Nasai in his Sunan and Ibn Asim in his Kitab Sunnah. Shiek Shakir in his annotated version of Musnad corrected the grading of Sheik Albani and Sheik Dr. Jawabirah who both graded the hadith as Hasan, to Sahih. Interestingly, this hadith destabilize the mental capacity of Allamah Albani as he laboured to interpret it. All other Ulama took the fastest route by labeling the hadith as "mawdoo (fabricated)" e.g Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah. Unfortunately our dear Sheik gave no single reason why it is Mawdoo. Other Sunni scholars completely kept mute on the hadith.

Brother, for us to understand this hadith we have to look at the context in which the hadith was narrated. When the Prophet left for Tabuk, he appointed Ali has the Governor of Medina. So when the Prophet was away some people began to insinuate things about why Ali wasn't allowed to participate in the battle. Ali was furious and he reported to the Prophet and the Prophet consoled Ali by saying: "Aren’t you pleased that you are to me as Haroun was to Mussa, except that there is no prophet after me?". Thus the Prophet [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] has made Ali his deputy over Medina when he left for Tabuk just as Musa (a.s) made Harun(a. s) his deputy over Beni Israel when he headed to Mount Tur.

To add to this, you shouldn't forget that Harun(a.s) wasn't the successor of Musa, it was someone entirely different(probably not from his Ahl Bayt) Yoosha Ibn Noon(a. s). So I basically don't know why you brought up this point, I don't care about the authenticity. The message of the narration is very clear and unambiguous!

1 Like

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Fundamentalist: 9:15pm On Oct 19, 2015
I don't understand why people would waste their precious time arguing with AL baqir.

Smh

.. .. .. Walks out of thread

2 Likes

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Saifullah01: 9:15pm On Oct 19, 2015
I miss the Islam section. Been away for so long.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Empiree: 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
Fundamentalist:
I don't understand why people would waste their precious time arguing with AL baqir.

Smh

.. .. .. Walks out of thread
You dont address your fellow muslim like that. Thats very rude. This is scholarly discussion. Be reasonable brother. I dont usually agree with Albaqir but kindly present your view and he presents his. Thats all.

4 Likes

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
@Demmzy15, I appreciate your scrutiny, analysis and time. However please don't ever think I don't read your comments carefully to digest. If I don't why do I reply? Were my replies derail from the points you raised?

First, the hadith Thaqalain is Mutawattir (hadith with several sahih chains). Prophet announced this message at different locations. You only highlight ONE out of about 40+ sighas (versions). For example, Imam Tirmidhi records:

Nasr b. And alRahman al-kufi - Zayd b. Al-Hasan al-Anmati - Jafar b. Muhammad - his father - Jabir b. Abd Allah:
I saw the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, during his Hajj on the Day of Arafat while he was on his camel, delivering a sermon, and I heard him saying: O Mankind! I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it you will never go astray: THE BOOK OF GOD AND MY OFFSPRING, MY AHL AL-BAYT (كتب الله وعترتي اهل بيتي)

Tirmidhi says on this riwayat: {And this hadith is Hasan gharib (i.e has a Hasan chain) from this route...}

Allamah al-Albani also has a simple comment: SAHIH
Ref: {al-Jami al-Sahih Sunan al-Tirmidhi (Beirut: Far Ihya al-Turath al-Arabi) [annotator: Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani], vol. 5, p.662 #3786}

In short there are many of this ahadith documented by Ahlu Sunnah Aimma and Muhadith.

Second, as per the version you quoted, it is documented by Imam Muslim. Lets take a careful look at it again:

Zubayr b. Harb and Shuja b. Mukhlid - Ibn Ulayyah: Zubayr - Ismail b. Ibrahim - Abu Hayyan - Yazid b. Hayyan:

I went along with Hasin b. Sabra and Umar b. Muslim to Zayd b. Arqam. When we sat with him, Hasin said to him:

"You have earned, O Zayd, a lot of good. You saw the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, and you heard his ḥadīth, and you fought by his side, and you offered Ṣalāt behind him. You have earned, O Zayd, a lot of good. Narrate to us, O Zayd, what you heard from the Messenger of Allāh.”

He replied, “O son of my brother, I swear by Allāh, I have grown old and my time has passed, and I have forgotten some of that which I remembered from the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him. So, whatever ḥadīth I narrate to you, accept (it). And whatever I do not narrate, do not compel me to do that.”

He then said: “One day, the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, stood up to deliver a sermon at a watering place known as (Ghadīr) Khumm situated between Makkah and Madīnah. He praised Allāh and extolled Him, and advised (us), and reminded us (of Allāh and His revelations). Then, he said:

‘Then, verily, O mankind! I am only a human being. The messenger of my Lord (i.e. the angel of death) will soon reach me and I will answer (the call of death). But, I am leaving behind over you Two Weighty Things (thaqalayn). The first of them is the Book of Allāh. In it there is guidance and light. So hold fast to the Book of Allāh and adhere to it.” So, he exhorted (to hold fast) to the Book of Allāh and encouraged concerning it. Then, he said: “and my Ahl al-Bayt. I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt.

So, Hasin said to him, "So, who are his Ahl al-Bayt?...

OBSERVE:
There is a very crucial fact that need to be put into consideration. The bold and underlined part in the report. It is an interpolation by Yazid b. Hayyan into the text of the Prophet's words in the hadith.
{So, he exhorted (to hold fast) to the Book of Allāh and encouraged concerning it. Then, he said}.

Those highlighted parts are NOT part of the words of the Messenger of Allah. Rather they are commentaries upon the actual hadith. If you delete those interpolated words, the actual hadith becomes:

‘Then, verily, O mankind! I am only a human being. The messenger of my Lord (i.e. the angel of death) will soon reach me and I will answer (the call of death). But, I am leaving behind over you Two Weighty Things (thaqalayn). The first of them is the Book of Allāh. In it there is guidance and light. So hold fast to the Book of Allāh and adhere to it and my Ahl al-Bayt (وستمسكوا به واهل بيتي) I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt.

CORROBORATING EVIDENCES
1. THE SUNNI MUFASSIR, Mulla Huwaysh Al Ghazi, confirms this as well:

وروي مسلم عن زيد بن ارقم ان رسول الله صلي الله عليه وسلم قال اني تارك فيكم شقلين اولها كتاب الله فيه الهدي والنور فخذوا بكتاب الله وستمسكوا به واهل بيتي،...

(Imam) Muslim recorded from Zayd b. Arqam that the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

"I am leaving behind over you Two Weighty Things (Thaqalain). The first of them is the Book of Allah. In it there is guidance and light. So hold fast to the Book of Allah and adhere to it and my Ahl al-Bayt..."

Ref: {Mulla Huwaysh Al Ghazi 'Abd al-Qadir, Bayan al-Ma'ani (Damascus: Matbu'at al-Turki; 1382H), vol.4, p. 37}

2. Allamah al-Albani documented that the Prophet said at Ghadir Khumm, reported by Zayd ibn Arqam:

Then, verily, O mankind! I am only a human being. The messenger of my Lord (i.e. the angel of death) will soon reach me and I will answer (the call of death). But, I am leaving behind over you Two Weighty Things (thaqalayn). The first of them is the Book of Allāh. In it there is guidance and light. Whoever adheres to it and holds fast to it, he will be upon guidance; and whosoever belittles it, he will go astray. So hold fast to the Book of Allāh the Most High and adhere to it and my Ahl al-Bayt I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt!”

Commenting on it, the ‘Allāmah states: (Ṣaḥīḥ) … [recorded by ‘Abd b. Ḥamīd] from Zayd b. Arqam.

Ref: {Abū ‘Abd al-Raḥmān Muḥammad Nāṣir al-Dīn b. al-Ḥajj Nūḥ b. Tajātī b. Ādam al-Ashqūdrī al-Albānī, Ṣaḥīḥ al-Jāmi’ al-Ṣaghīr wa Ziyādātuhu (Al-Maktab al-Islāmī), vol. 1, pp. 286-287, # 1351}

3. Allamah al-Hindi (d. 975H) also documents:

Then, verily, O mankind! I am only a human being. The messenger of my Lord (i.e. the angel of death) will soon reach me and I will answer (the call of death). But, I am leaving behind over you Two Weighty Things (thaqalayn). The first of them is the Book of Allāh. In it there is guidance and light. Whoever adheres to it and holds fast to it, he will be upon guidance; and whosoever belittles it, he will go astray. So hold fast to the Book of Allāh the Most High and adhere to it and my Ahl al-Bayt. I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt!”

Giving the source, he too says:

Recorded by ‘Abd b. Ḥumayd, from Zayd b. Arqam

Ref: {Alī b. Ḥusām al-Dīn al-Muttaqī al-Hindī, Kanz al-‘Ummāl fī Sunan al-Aqwāl wa Af’āl (Beirut: Muasassat al-Risālah; 1989 H), vol. 1, p. 315, # 898}

So the command is to adhere to the Book of Allah and the Ahl al-Bayt.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
@Demmzy15,
Hadith Manzila

One, the hadith is called "Hadith al-Manzila (hadith of Status)", and it is recorded in THREE DIFFERENT SIGHAS (versions).

1. Imam Ibn Abi 'Asim (d. 287H):

Muhammad b. al-Muthanna - Yahya b. Hammad - Abu 'Awanah - Yahya b. Sulaym Abu Bajl - Amr b. Maymun - Ibn Abbas:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said to Ali: "You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a prophet. And you are my Khalifah over every believer after me."

Dr. al-Jawabirah says:
Its chain is Hasan...There are witnesses for it.

Ref: {Kitab al-Sunnah [annotator: Dr. Basin b. Faysal al-Jawabirah], vol. 1, p. 799-800, #1222}

I have already quoted for you the annotated version of Kitab Sunan by Nasir deen al-Albani with his adjustment in the bracket.

2. Second version reads: Imam al-Hakim documents

Ibn Abbas said:
...They are attacking a man who has ten EXCLUSIVE merits...the messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, went out for the battle of Tabuk, and the people went out with him. So, Ali said to him, "Let me go out with you." Therefore the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "Do not weep, 'Ali. Are you not pleased that you are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that there is no prophet after me? Verily, it is not right that I depart except with you as my khalifah"

Al-Hakim says: This hadith has a Sahih chain.

Al-Dhahabi backs him: Sahih
Ref: {al-Mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihain, vol. 3, p. 143, #4652 (Beirut: Far al-kutub al-Illmiyah;1st edition, 1411H)}.

3. The third version is in Imam al-Nasai's Sunan al-Kubra, vol. 5, p. 112,#8409.

Your highlighted points on this hadith are:

* The hadith has 'no probative value' because Prophet declared it to Ali when some people were mocking him, when he was deputized as governor of Medina on Prophet's way to Tabuk. Therefore it is limited to that occasion.

* Harun only deputized for Musa while the later went to Mount Sanai to meet his Lord. At the end, Musa successor was Yusha b. Nuh, when the former died.

* Why did I even brought up this hadith in the discussion.
[I hope I got you right, bro?!]

MY REPLIES:
1. Did you ever considers the statement of Nabi Muhammad (peace be upon him and his household) in the hadith? The statement: You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a prophet

Are you not pleased that you are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that there is no prophet after me?

Does this statement limited to a particular occasion of Tabuk?

# Prophet's word is very clear when he said those words "You are of the STATUS OF HARUN to Musa except prophethood".

What are the Status of Nabi Harun? Kindly read various passages of Quran where Allah highlights them. The least is that Harun was the best of Musa's people.

# These statement of Rasul left aside the personal identity of Nabi Harun like his age, death, marital life etc. Interestingly Harun died before Musa whereas Ali did not die before the holy Prophet.

# And you are my Khalifah over every believer after me." (وانت خليفتي في كل مومن من بعدي)

This statement bury all ambiguity. The fact that Harun was natural successor to Musa but died before Musa made the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny) clarified and added to the status of Ali which Harun could not achieved.

# Does "min bahdi (after me)" meant Prophet's journey out of Madina?

The fact that 'Ali had already been made as Prophet's deputy in Madina by the Prophet himself while the Prophet journey to Tabuk, and some people started mocking him or felt distressed (as reported differently); only then does the Prophet gave those new statements with emphasis on "min bahdi (after me)".

# WHY DID I MENTION THIS HADITH?! HOW IS IT IN LINE WITH PREVIOUS DISCUSSIONS?

We are talking on Khilafah and Imamah. I am of the opinion that whoever is not from the progeny of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his progeny) are not qualified to hold the position of Khilafah and Imamah.

I submitted the following hadith:
"I am leaving behind over you TWO KHALIFAHS (successors); the Book of Allah - a rope stretching between the heaven and the earth - and my offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt. Verily, both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the Lake-Fount"

Sheik Nasir deen al-Albani comments: Sahih (authentic).

So therefore the Prophet's declaration of his Khalifah being Quran and his offspring was justified by declaring 'Ali as his Khalifah over every believer after him. No hadith like that for non-offspring of the Prophet.

That is where the hadith Manzila is 100% in line with the discussion.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
@Demmzy15,
Hadith Salat

"O Allah! Bless Muhammad and the progeny of Muhammad in exactly the same manner as you have blessed Ibrahim and the progeny of Ibrahim..."

This hadith is also Mutawattir. And out points is as follow:

# What are the blessings that Allah exclusively gave Ibrahim and his progeny that our Prophet prayed for the same, for him and his offspring?

According to Quran:

1. Istafah (preference/choosen) over mankind.

2. Nubuwwah (prophethood) and Risalah (Messengership)

3. Imamah/Khilafah

4. Divine Books

5. Hikmah vis-a-vis Hukm of the divine Books.

6. Vast kingdom

7. Quran also mention other blessings.

So the question is whoever is not from the Progeny of Muhammad can never claim or qualify for any of such blessings. This alone proves the illegitimacy of the superiority or Khilafah of all non-offspring of Muhammad.

Lastly, its interesting that you continue insisting that Banu Aqil, Banu Abbas et al still belong to the "Ahl al-bayt" the context of "Khilafah and Imamah". Aren't you consider the fact that Prophet had clarify it in the hadith Thaqalain only to be his offspring?
Were Banu Aqil, Banu Abbas and Banu Jafar amongst his offspring?

Thanks for your precious time and subtle approach.

Salam.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Demmzy15(m): 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
jj

(1) (2) (Reply)

Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge / History Of April Fool Celebration / Freedom Or Destruction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.